Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2023 8:51:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StretchMaK]
Anybody else pick one up?  Freaking blast so far.  Little learning curve at first.  Has 3 driving modes. Dirt, road and wheelie.  Wheelie mode is awesome. Pretty fast for only 2s power. Maybe 35 or so MPH. I named the rider Evil because he takes a beating.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Watched a couple videos on them a few weeks ago. Guy loaned it out to a bunch of people who were jumping it off some pretty tall dirt piles and it seemed to hold up fairly well. Eventually a piece broke, but it was still functioning. Wheelie mode looked like a blast.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Have the green one on order. They do look like fun!
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few packs through this so far.  It is freaking tough, let me say that again, this thing is freaking tough.  I ran it under my truck at full speed, I think around 40mph or so, hit the third member hard.  It sounded bad, like I destroyed it.  Came out with nothing but cosmetic damage. Thing is tough.  I call the rider "Evil" because he takes a beating.  I did brake the lil chain guard off this morning.  Think a lil rock got in it.

It is a blast so far.  Wheelie mode is very cool.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Ha! My buddy did almost the same darn thing with his two minutes in!  That is funny, must be a fairly common occurrence.

I "rode" the one at local hobby shop around the wide open parking lot and like tou b stated once you get the riding style down for each mode, tpu can really get to shreddin!  So much so the rear tire went bald in 2 days.

Good stuff!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:52:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StretchMaK] [#5]
That is freaking funny.  Mine ended up under the diff housing on its side.  

My rear tire is almost bald also. Been trying to stay on dirt until the road tires get here.

Still can't believe how fast it goes for its size and only being 2s.  It is 8lbs 7oz with a batt in it and aero dynamic as a brick.  42mph out of mine stock so far ( skyrc gps ).  Going to try a 150c batt for a lil more boost maybe, only running 50c batts now.  

It is a blast to rip around.

Did your buddy take all the stickers of his?  I like that look.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol, ya know, I don't know if he took them off, or didn't put them on.  He was sending us all these unboxing teaser pics and I should have paid attention.  I know when I got my first 1997 CR500 in Oct of 1996 (second one sold on early release from El Cajon Honda/Yamaha where I kind of grew up), stickers were first things that came off or parts got swapped, and pipe/silencer/sprockets as soon as I got it home.  You are right, much better look!

He, too, is awaiting road tires.  I also saw at my local shop, AZ Turn n Burn yesterday, that they had stocked all sort of parts already which is nice to see on new releases.

Oh and what about that 30 seconds or so of turbine sounding wind up on the gyro!  Wild!
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
It does sound like a turbine starting up.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]
So does it ride on two wheels like a real motorcycle? Are there road race versions of the same thing?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xylo:
So does it ride on two wheels like a real motorcycle?
View Quote

yes

Losi Promoto MX first race at Backer Patch RC park!
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Couple guys in that vid are doing pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:28:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StretchMaK] [#11]
Changed the look a lil bit and put on a chain with a master link in it. Stock chain is stretching out fast. Got a couple feet on Nitro chain from a buddy, going to try it out. At least I can add or remove links now.  Stock chain and this new one are both 35 links. Stock chain was all the way back +.50 and new chain is -.25 forward.

Put on a set of the Pro Line Hole Shot tires with black wheels. Also painted the swing arm black, looks better black I think.  Changed all the stickers to.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#12]
A small update on the Promoto.

THIS THING IS FREAKING THOUGH.

That is all, carry on.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#13]
OP needs to grab a small FPV rig from like a tiny Whoop.

Get it mounted up and have neighborhood isle of man type experiences...
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Chain drive is more authentic, but I have to wonder if belt would work better and last longer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Somebody will have a belt out if these do real well which I think they will.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Update on this thing.  Have a bunch of packs through it now and it is hanging tough.  So far nothing but cosmetic damage and worn out tires.

Thing is tough.  Biggest trick I have learned in "riding" it is to quit looking at the front wheel when turning.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Someone should make a Mega Force bike out of one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Kevin Talbot on youtube is an active rc guy,he just built one up full of high quality parts and another with a 6s battery for speed testing,67 mph lol cook vid even though he goes overboard with everything he does
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top