Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I can remember in the 1990s, when gun haters were desperately trying to keep Missouri a No-Issue CCW state.
IIRC only MO and IL were officially No-Issue at the time, although others were effectively (Aloha Spirit!) No-Issue.

Money came pouring in from pro sports franchises (not the MLB team IIRC), Levi Strauss, Sara Lee, Hanes, ...

As a result, there are several brands that I have been boycotting for nearly 30 years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I loved 501s. But I stopped buying them when I found out.
View Quote

Me too.  Wranglers last twice as long for less than half the price.  Fuck Levi's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't bought Levi's in years.....when I figured out they were anti-gun nuts on a different level.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why do all these same types of people look the same? It's fucking weird (and disgusting)
View Quote

Because they are crazy libtard commies.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't bought Levi's in years.....when I figured out they were anti-gun nuts on a different level.
View Quote

Here's a blast from the past, circa 2000:

https://jpfo.org/alerts/alert20000126.htm

Levi Strauss, the makers of the jeans we are so fond of buying, is taking your money and contributing heavily to PAX. PAX is an organization circulating a petition to broaden the reach of the federal government to disarm America.

[email protected] wrote:

> Thank you for taking the time to write us. Customer feedback is
> very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to
> express your opinions on this issue.
>
> PAX is a non-profit, anti-violence organization dedicated
> to the vision of a society free of gun violence. Levi Strauss
> & Co. supports PAX's goal to bring all Americans together
> to support common sense solutions to the gun violence
> epidemic.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
What a nasty selection of women in that picture.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That’s unfortunate…but still the only jeans I will wear. Luckily thrift stores are full of great 505s for me.
View Quote

Should try some Wrangler 13MWZ's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This…..I didn’t know.  I’m just thankful I haven’t bought any Levi’s years
View Quote

How have you people been on arfcom all these years and post so much and NOT now about Levis?!?!?!  I joined in 2016, saw it immediately and cut Levi's out for good.  Before that it was my go to and I would buy at least a half-dozen pairs a year.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They really should be ashamed, taking advantage of a special needs democrat like that.
View Quote

LOL yes.

But Levi's has been verboten to ARFCOM for pretty much all of my tenure here. They've donated to anti-rights groups for a very long time. I have not owned anything Levis since then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Should try some Wrangler 13MWZ's.
View Quote

Hard pass.

Grew up wearing 13MWZs, wore them until I found out there were other options. Levis 505s for me, no contest.

I don’t buy them new, but I would if I had to.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've always hated Levi's.
View Quote

This. They never fit right in the crotch. One day I got in the car and sat 180lbs of me down on top of my nuts. After seeing the afterlife for a few mins, I limped into the house, threw those jeans in the trash, and layed down with a bag of frozen corn. Damn that sucked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They really should be ashamed, taking advantage of a special needs democrat like that.
View Quote

But you repeat yourself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Biden, Brady and Giffords. Exploiting the brain challenged is shameful.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#15]
To offset stuff like this, I make an effort to help arm and educate people who do not own a gun, or to help people buy/build their first AR15. I love teaching new shooters how to protect themselves and how to property shoot. I've also introduced a couple dozen people to shooting sports and hunting. There are also 7 new GSSF match shooters in the DFW area because of my efforts.

I hate Levis. They are poor quality and dont even look good. My wife and I threw our Levi's in the trash years ago and will never buy anything from them ever again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/130695/IMG_1884_jpeg-3201256.JPG
The faces of the enemy.

I have not worn Levi's in 40 years.
View Quote
Drew Careys sister?  Levi's allows employees PTO if the are doing any anti 2A demonstrations or marches. I have been off of Levi's for about 10 years. I can't boycott every company I  disagree with but the ones that are loudest and easily replaced? Yep, see ya
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#17]
As others in this thread have stated... I stopped buying Levis a long time ago, because of exactly this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was unaware of this and will now be pivoting to avoid them entirely.

FLS
View Quote

Me too. In for stretchy jean recommendations. I've already tried Duluth, didn't care for them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I stopped buying Levi's about 25 years ago when I found out they are anti-gun.  Docker's are a Levi product too, btw.
View Quote

Same. Lee and Wrangler only for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Should be a law that corporations are required to STFU when it comes to constitutional rights.
I remember mocking a couple of guys in our shooting group back in 99 for wearing Levi's, they had no idea.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#21]
reason #42 I quit sending my money to Levis a long honking time ago

they can't seem to keep woke out of their business plan
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I once called my cable TV provider and threatened to cancel service in order to get them to lower my bill.  It had been creeping higher and higher for years, I was a long time customer and I always heard that's the game.  Tell them they better lower it every few years and they would.

The sales rep confirmed that I was requesting them to reduce my bill or I wanted to cancel service, I said yes that's correct.  She put me on hold for a few minutes and suddenly my TV displayed no service.  She came back and said your service is canceled, please return the equipment to your local store or mail it back.  The instructions to do so are on the website. Will there be anything else?

....did say what I said....but I didn't expect that response.  
View Quote
I got into a billing dispute with DirecTV. They claimed I owed a past due amount from 7 years previous. I countered that thats impossible because I had my current service for the past 4 years and when I restarted the service, there was no outstanding balances. Same phone number, name, etc. We went back and forth and I finally had enough and told them to cancel my service. They weren't expecting that and their attitude changed and started offering me all sorts of extra freebies, free showtime, HBO, etc. Nope, cancel it!
And thats how I came to cut the cord with DirecTV. That was in 2010 or so.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Levi's was probably the first company I wrote off my buy list years ago
View Quote

Same.  I haven't bought Levi's in probably 30 years...  that's a lot of lost sales...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The faces of the enemy.

I have not worn Levi’s in 40 years.
View Quote

Is that Drew Carey on the far right in a wig?

ETA: Crap. Beat like a rented mule over an hour and a half ago by @savoy3
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I stopped buying Levi's about 25 years ago when I found out they are anti-gun.  Docker's are a Levi product too, btw.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Levi’s has always been this way.

They are a San Fransicko institution. Their leadership is SF californians through-and-through.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Remember this blast from the past. Head of brand marketing at Levi's started complaining about remote learning and masks on kids in San Francisco. She was told to stop or leave. She left.

She had balls.

https://www.newsweek.com/levis-boss-says-she-was-ousted-speaking-out-against-school-covid-rules-1679075
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Levi’s HQ is San Francisco
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Does that make Giffords a jacketed potato?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Why isn't she in chicago late at night trying to talk to the gangs to halt their violence?
Is that too sarcastic?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Should be a law that corporations are required to STFU when it comes to constitutional rights.
I remember mocking a couple of guys in our shooting group back in 99 for wearing Levi's, they had no idea.
View Quote

Grown men bragging about mocking other grown men…over pants. Classy.

I buy what I like, I listen to the music I like, I watch the movies I like, and I vote how I like. None of them have a damned thing to do with the other. If you based every purchase on politics, you’d starve to death naked.

Levi’s didn’t become a clothing leviathan based on their politics, nor have they gone bankrupt over them. They are successful because they make a good pair of jeans, and they always have. Not as good as they once were, but nothing is.

I find it entertaining when folks talk about how crappy they are in the same breath as they eschew their politics. I guess justification makes it easier on folks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol I thought only fags wear jeans.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Have Michelle call me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]
This really blew my mind
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol I thought only fags wear jeans.
View Quote

I thought only nine year olds used that word. Weird.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It amazes me that nothing vital was hit.
View Quote

May have turned out different if she was shot in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Levi's was probably the first company I wrote off my buy list years ago
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Liberal White Women will be the end of the Republic
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#39]
She might as well put this one on.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The faces of the enemy.

I have not worn Levi’s in 40 years.
View Quote

Ok, which one took the bullet?  Goofy on the left,  former Marine in the  middle, or the missing Hanson brother on the  right?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#42]
That company has been run by hard-core leftists for at least 40 years now.

ETA I haven't bought any of their products since I had to deal with them on a contract when I was working for Andersen Consulting in the '90s.  They were a huge PITA, and got the laptop of one of my office's traveling managers infested with some stupid boot sector virus.  I had to fix it.

The manager then handed me a 3.5" floppy disk that he said had his project documentation on it.  I put it in my desktop machine (an IBM PS\2 ) and the Norton anti-virus software lit up like a fireworks show.  The manager asked me if I could fix it.  I said "Sure!" and put two bigass staples through it.

That guy never liked me after that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Levi's fucking suck and fit like shit and are not comfortable. When I worked at the hotel Cintas would give us our uniforms, they only let us wear Levi's, I tried every god damn model and type and they are were shit
View Quote

Dude, …. If you tried on every make, model, and type, and none of them fit right, …….. maybe it’s you.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck Levi I haven't worn them in 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#45]

And that’s why I don’t buy Levi’s any more. They’re evil.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Me too. In for stretchy jean recommendations. I've already tried Duluth, didn't care for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was unaware of this and will now be pivoting to avoid them entirely.

FLS

Boot Barn had Cody Parks on sale 2/$80 today. First two pair I’ve ever owned, so I can’t comment on durability. Stretchy though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I think my newest pair is about a decade old; when I got into guns and found out how awful they were I stopped buying them. I have some seriously worn out jeans that I don't wear but won't throw away. One pair has a hole in a rear pocket from carrying a flashlight, I ruined a sodbuster when it fell out from the hole and landed on the pivot end on my driveway.

Any suggestions for a 589 fit in 36x38? Part of the reason I stuck with them (and Columbia) is most companies stop about a size short from what I need. I even had two custom sized pairs, jeans and cargo pants, when that was a thing they did.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Her smile is creepy

Like a cross between a plastic doll trying to smile and a zombie with makeup on.
View Quote

A bullet in the brain certainly has something to do with that.  

I saw her out shopping a few months ago.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#49]
On the bright side, the very existence of Gabby Giffords settles the 9mm vs .45 acp argument once and for all.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
On the bright side, the very existence of Gabby Giffords settles the 9mm vs .45 acp argument once and for all.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Page / 3
Top Top