Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 65
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#1]
Spiderman Homecoming,  it was pretty good, though I hated what they did to some of the supporting characters. Keaton was good.

The Hateful Eight.  pretty enjoyable.

started watching Taboo the show, its pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Electric Boogaloo the Wild Untold Story of Cannon a pretty good documentary about Canon films with interviews some say nice things while others trash them a fun look back at the golden age of B movies.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Late to the game.  Binge watching Homeland with DVDs from the library.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#5]
finished the second season of Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'

an 'what if' story about the Axis powers winning WWII and the USA is run by the Nazis and Imperial Japan

some of the twists in the alternative reality are a little confusing, a good series
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Spider-Man: Homecoming

a lot of humor, plenty of action
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#9]
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - the Touring Years

a Ron Howard film.  Examines the Beatles touring years, which was very short '62 - '66.
includes: a lot of vintage film performances,
interviews with the band, head office people, roadies, and friends and family.
they talk about the hysteria around Beatle-mania and how it ultimately burned out the members of the band.
Lennon and McCartney were songwriters first, and that they were most comfortable in the recording studio.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:30:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZekeMenuar] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jimpickens:
Electric Boogaloo the Wild Untold Story of Cannon a pretty good documentary about Canon films with interviews some say nice things while others trash them a fun look back at the golden age of B movies.
View Quote
+1

Fun documentary.  Cannon put out some real crap.  To their credit crap with gratuitous nudity and violence is easier to watch.
Trying to find "The Apple" and some of Cannon's other cinematic epics.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Featuring standout performances by:
A Colt Agent
Browning M1919 ,30 cal Machine Gun
Wildley 475 Magnum
M72 Law Anti Tank Weapon
The movie itself has a cheese factor that's off the charts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Now if you want to see a bad movie on purpose you got to go to WWE films.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Kong: Skull Island

they did a good job of getting the 'land that time forgot' feeling for Skull island.
It was a decent take on Kong.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]
"The Counterfeiters (German: Die Fälscher) is a 2007 Austrian-German drama film written and directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky.
It fictionalizes Operation Bernhard, a secret plan by Nazi Germany during the Second World War to destabilize the United Kingdom by flooding its economy with forged Bank of England pound notes.
The film centres on a Jewish counterfeiter, Salomon 'Sally' Sorowitsch, who is coerced into assisting the operation at the Sachsenhausen concentration camp."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Arsenal - 1929
Soviet silent film about a 1918 uprising at a Kiev arsenal.
Hundreds of Mosin-Nagant rifles cast in supporting roles

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#22]
two John Wayne flicks:

Hondo - a former Cav scout helps settlers deal with the Apaches

Island in the Sky - a military transport pilot helps his crew survive
after emergency landing in northern Canada during winter
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I want those 95 minutes back.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime

Great series. Anarchist hacker vs the system/psychological adventure. They don't just build the one character, there is some other twists within the series as well. Good show, on season 2.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#25]
two movies on Netflix

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore - a timid nursing assistant, comes home to find her house broken into.
she goes after the robbers to get her stuff back. A decent 'revenge' story

an ARFCOM favorite:  the Siege of Jadotville - Irish soldiers under UN peacekeeper duty in the Congo, early 60s.  
Fighting off the French mercenaries.
a very good war story.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Slogging thru Dexter on Netflix

Just saw Valerian     meh.. Glad I saw it on the big screen thought the effects were good, but the story line was predictable and well the ending to me was lackluster.. I mean f your going to quasi copy the 5th element at lest make the ending a little more spicy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Rogue One a Star Wars story too fast paced but not bad
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#28]
this Netflix series has been recommended on Arf:

Ozark

a Chicago financier launders money for the Mexican drug cartel.  
It all hits the fan when the cartel discovers there is missing money.
He relocates with his family to Lake of the Ozarks in central MO and sets up money laundering operations.
It's a good crime drama.
Stars Jason Bateman and Laura Linney
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Preparing myself for season 2 of Stranger Things by re-watching season 1. Still great on the second time around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Bone Tomahawk
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Battle: Los Angeles.

Love that movie.

"Retreat?"

"Hell! "

"2/5!"
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Dunkirk  - it was really good but     ******spoiler ****** only about a small part of the battle itself, the cinematography was fantastic.

Valerian - it was just ok, my least favorite of his films.   ******spoiler  the beginning has a heavy borderlands feel to it, but a lot of the cgi is mediocre. Some of the races are all cgi when makeup would have worked fine for some of them. *****
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZekeMenuar] [#33]
Shakespeare's Richard III, set in a 1930's Britain that looks and acts a lot like late 1930's Nazi Germany.
Ian Mckellen's performance is excellent.  So is the supporting cast.
A great retelling of Shakespeare's classic play.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Dunkirk

on IMAX, looked great visually, especially the aerial scenes.

sometimes the accents were a little hard to understand but the movie was very good, well done.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#37]
The hitman's bodyguard,  I thought it was great.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Binge watched the first season of the Marvel Defenders series on Netflix. Took forever to get the team together, and then only a few episodes left  in which to have any action.
If I saw these guys kicking ass, I would think they'd be breaking bodies, but for all of the back flips and punches &  kicks, there weren't many casualties on the bad guy side.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Wind River
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Kong of Skull Island
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:51:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: INV136] [#47]
I just watched "Hobo With A Shotgun" starring Rutger Hauer on bluray disc. Wow, what a crap movie that was. I thought I was watching a Troma Team garbage production or a Quentin Tarantino typical ripoff from the bad acting to the stupid storyline and low budget effects. The theme music at the beginning was a ripoff (reminded me of something that Quentin Tarantino would do by stealing the theme from an older movie) of the theme music from the 1970 movie "Mark of the Devil" (with Udo Kier, Reggie Nalder, and Herbert Lom). The only actors that were half way decent actors were Rutger Hauer and the lead female character. But, even their acting abilities were ruined by the stupid script and lame arse lines they had to act out.

All of the other actors were terrible. None of the story was believable at all. Hauer is a hobo that rides a train to a city in Canada where a criminal named Drake and his two nephews runs roughshod over the entire city. The beginning scene involves them chasing down the Drake's brother (the nephew's father) in broad daylight and shooting off a pistol in the air in front of one hundred witnesses and decapitating the guy and then putting his head onto the hood ornament of their car and driving off with the head on the hood. Hauer's character makes a citizen arrest of one of the nephews named "Slick," who was about to kidnap a prostitute (for unknown reasons because she seemed content to be with this loser) and takes him to the police station. Hauer talks to the "chief" who just happens to work for Drake (apparently so does the majority of the police department) who, with the nephew, beats and carves up the hobo with a knife. The rest of the movie was as lame as the aforementioned beginning.

This movie had the "feel" of an attempt to make a "Robocop" like movie (with the city out of control and under siege by violent uninhibited criminals with a police department that wouldn't do anything), but, without Robocop, and written by incredibly inept writers who you'd think had flunked out of high school. Except for the two main characters/actors, the rest were talentless actors who were like rejects from a Troma Team movie. Absolutely horrid acting and equally horrible screenplay. I expected the Troma Team's character Toxie to come out of an alley and team up with Hauer's Hobo character. Too bad, really. With Rutger Hauer, I was expecting a really good action movie. Instead I got something that was even worse than a Quentin Tarantino ripoff movie with a much, much lower budget. Oh, and the Hobo barely had enough money to buy the shotgun and never purchased any shells for it. Yet he has a never ending supply of shells in his pocket. It's obvious that the writer and director were attempting to produce a violent movie with comedy. They failed miserably. There was hardly anything that was funny at all. With the exception of the newspaper headline and picture of Hobo with shotgun: "Hobo Stops Begging Demands Change" or "Delivering Justice One Shell at a Time."

The dumbass crime kingpin Drake character.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By INV136:
I just watched "Hobo With A Shotgun" starring Rutger Hauer on bluray disc. Wow, what a crap movie that was. I thought I was watching a Troma Team garbage production or a Quentin Tarantino typical ripoff from the bad acting to the stupid storyline and low budget effects. The theme music at the beginning was a ripoff (reminded me of something that Quentin Tarantino would do by stealing the theme from an older movie) of the theme music from the 1970 movie "Mark of the Devil" (with Udo Kier, Reggie Nalder, and Herbert Lom). The only actors that were half way decent actors were Rutger Hauer and the lead female character. But, even their acting abilities were ruined by the stupid script and lame arse lines they had to act out.

All of the other actors were terrible. None of the story was believable at all. Hauer is a hobo that rides a train to a city in Canada where a criminal named Drake and his two nephews runs roughshod over the entire city. The beginning scene involves them chasing down the Drake's brother (the nephew's father) in broad daylight and shooting off a pistol in the air in front of one hundred witnesses and decapitating the guy and then putting his head onto the hood ornament of their car and driving off with the head on the hood. Hauer's character makes a citizen arrest of one of the nephews named "Slick," who was about to kidnap a prostitute (for unknown reasons because she seemed content to be with this loser) and takes him to the police station. Hauer talks to the "chief" who just happens to work for Drake (apparently so does the majority of the police department) who, with the nephew, beats and carves up the hobo with a knife. The rest of the movie was as lame as the aforementioned beginning.

This movie had the "feel" of an attempt to make a "Robocop" like movie (with the city out of control and under siege by violent uninhibited criminals with a police department that wouldn't do anything), but, without Robocop, and written by incredibly inept writers who you'd think had flunked out of high school. Except for the two main characters/actors, the rest were talentless actors who were like rejects from a Troma Team movie. Absolutely horrid acting and equally horrible screenplay. I expected the Troma Team's character Toxie to come out of an alley and team up with Hauer's Hobo character. Too bad, really. With Rutger Hauer, I was expecting a really good action movie. Instead I got something that was even worse than a Quentin Tarantino ripoff movie with a much, much lower budget. Oh, and the Hobo barely had enough money to buy the shotgun and never purchased any shells for it. Yet he has a never ending supply of shells in his pocket. It's obvious that the writer and director were attempting to produce a violent movie with comedy. They failed miserably. There was hardly anything that was funny at all. With the exception of the newspaper headline and picture of Hobo with shotgun: "Hobo Stops Begging Demands Change" or "Delivering Justice One Shell at a Time."

https://images.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_470,q_auto:good,w_620/uploads_2b5f7cfe-9d2f-4cf1-9920-156480afd4bc-hobo_with_a_shotgun_poster-jpg-9220.jpg  
http://horrorfanzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hobo-with-a-shotgun-01.jpg
The dumbass crime kingpin Drake character.
https://viewerscommentary.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/hobo-with-a-shotgun-brian-downey-as-the-drake.jpg
View Quote
I think the movie was intended to be bad as some sort of homage to the exploitation movies of the 70s and 80s.
Page / 65
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top