Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
My goodness, I hope they get it done before the Election.... If not, I guess people will have to vote Democrat to get her done at last.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:48:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xerxes2695] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:

The Dems cannot make it "legal" in the sense it will be removed from the 4473, because anything that makes gun purchases easier is strictly verboten on the Left.  They are putting themselves in a legal and political jam.  All they're trying to do it get some Rs to oppose it for the upcoming election, as a wedge issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
Originally Posted By Muricha:

I’m a boomer. I never quite understood the reality of clown world until 2020.
Prior to that I thought it was just slang.

Hum, wonder if they will drop it off the 4473 transfer form ?
Yeh, Clown World is a perfect description.

The Dems cannot make it "legal" in the sense it will be removed from the 4473, because anything that makes gun purchases easier is strictly verboten on the Left.  They are putting themselves in a legal and political jam.  All they're trying to do it get some Rs to oppose it for the upcoming election, as a wedge issue.

“Unlawful user”. Schedule III includes codeine cough syrup.

If they go through with this an Rx will let people answer “no” truthfully.

ETA Biden passes more pro gun regulations than Trump. Clown world indeed!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By irishklover:
Great . Fucking  pot needles everywhere .
View Quote

In my state you cannot walk around with an open container of alcohol in public.

How is it going to work for weed, free to smoke anywhere?

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jjrockbush:

Most boomers were smoking weed when you were just a glimmer in your Daddy's eye.
View Quote

Then what the fuck have y'all been waiting on?

Or is it a case of "fuck dem kids; I got mine?"
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I resemble that remark
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7point62] [#6]
So how long before "dinner pics" can picture a fatty?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alaskan_9974] [#7]
Should be legal, I am more concerned about the prescription pill addicts and the drunks out there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
When Washington state was going to "legalize" pot, I heard some folks grumbling that people were going to be smoking pot and driving.  I said, "people have been smoking pot and driving since the 1960's, maybe even longer."
No different than drinking and driving.  Neither alcohol or pot use when driving is a good idea, but plenty of people don't have very good judgement.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

There aren’t alcoholics that drink on the job?

Simple solution is to fire them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jon101st:
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
In before alcoholics, coffee addicts, and Desantis supporters complain about dopers

Problem is they want to do it all day during work like a coffee or smoke break then get back to operating dangerous equipment stoned.

Read what I posted again. They treat it like a cigarette not a drug or alcohol you do after work. It's an epidemic everywhere now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By xerxes2695:

“Unlawful user”. Schedule III includes codeine cough syrup.

If they go through with this an Rx will let people answer “no” truthfully.

ETA Biden passes more pro gun regulations than Trump. Clown world indeed!
View Quote

Like I said, Biden will never get it removed from the 4473.  He can't, his base would go apeshit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a good step.

Kids smoke pot and don't die so they look at the Schedule One OMGWTFBBQ and think then the other lower drugs are good-to-go.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#12]
Originally Posted By Genin:
When Washington state was going to "legalize" pot, I heard some folks grumbling that people were going to be smoking pot and driving.  I said, "people have been smoking pot and driving since the 1960's, maybe even longer."
No different than drinking and driving.  Neither alcohol or pot use when driving is a good idea, but plenty of people don't have very good judgement.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

This was on local news feed today. I suspect the dumbass did himself no favors by the admission of use the prior 30 minutes but folks ‘especially the young invincible’ need to treat weed as liable as booz.
And v/v both should have the same freedom with minimal regulation.

The three R,s drilled into us in the military about booze apply.

Right time
Right place
Right age

How do they prosecute a DUI ‘weed’. I know its easily spotted but how do they quantify it?
Is there a ppm blood test that’s more than positive and negative?

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Read what I posted again. They treat it like a cigarette not a drug or alcohol you do after work. It's an epidemic everywhere now.
View All Quotes
In before alcoholics, coffee addicts, and Desantis supporters complain about dopers

Problem is they want to do it all day during work like a coffee or smoke break then get back to operating dangerous equipment stoned.

I’m not sure where the disconnect is. Some people get drunk at work. Some people get high at work. Legalizing MJ won’t change that. It’s up to the employer to take action to address drunk/high employees.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Mighty white of them.
View Quote

Green . The color is green , which makes me wonder about all of that sweet sweet simple possession and paraphernalia money they are giving up .
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By amos-moses:
Reclassification doesn't do a fucking thing.  Need to remove it from the Controlled Substances list completely.

Inb4 Boomers & pot needles
View Quote

most stoners will not figure that out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#16]

I’m not sure where the disconnect is. Some rarely people get drunk at work. Some EVERY pot user  gets high at work. Legalizing MJ won’t change that. It’s up to the employer to take action to address drunk/high employees.
View All Quotes

I’m not sure where the disconnect is. Some rarely people get drunk at work. Some EVERY pot user  gets high at work. Legalizing MJ won’t change that. It’s up to the employer to take action to address drunk/high employees.

Drinkers at work are few and far between. Pot users smoking, vaping constantly is out of control. I see it every day every place I work. You do not see this with liquor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Drinkers at work are few and far between. Pot users smoking, vaping constantly is out of control. I see it every day every place I work. You do not see this with liquor.
View All Quotes

Maybe YOU don't. I saw it everyday at my last gig.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Good I guess. Nothing worse than being around a pothead out of pot. Miserable people until they score a baggie....
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
On a scale from totalitarianism to anarchy, I fall somewhere between mind you own business and leave me the fuck alone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
States should set legality by a vote of the people.

This also opens the door for leftists Darwin’ing themselves by legalizing heroin like the PNW big cities did. It’s a win.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

Maybe YOU don't. I saw it everyday at my last gig.
View Quote

Some drinkers drink at work and get weeded out. ALL pot smokers hit it at work, at home, while driving. Just like chain smoking cigarettes.
I bet I can pull into any random convenient store tomorrow morning at 6am and count several people getting out their cars with weed rolling out and not see one  person drunk.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet.  Unhindered dope use is awesome and has no downsides for society, culture and firearms freedom.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Some drinkers drink at work and get weeded out. ALL pot smokers hit it at work, at home, while driving. Just like chain smoking cigarettes.
I bet I can pull into any random convenient store tomorrow morning at 6am and count several people getting out their cars with weed rolling out and not see one  person drunk.
View Quote
Fwiw, I see FAR more folks using THC is public than I do alcohol. Drinking is going the way of tobacco.  

Interesting to me that we endured a movement that flat out demonized the tobacco industry, while today those same legislators fight for folks 'right' to vape unregulated chemicals.

Apparently morality is measured in debits and credits.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#24]
So basically this just makes it legal for medical use?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#25]
As I understand it, all that this really does is to now potentially enable positive effects through future administrative rule changes in regards to Sec. 280E exclusions and banking for intra state cannabis businesses.

It will also allow for the enabling of privately funded Cannabinoid research and pharmaceutical product development

Beneficial for weed in the long run, but, not a ding dong the witch is dead, raise the bongs up to Jah in thankfulness moment in any way or form
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:42:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Emoto:
Try as I might, I cannot seem to find the clause in the Constitution to allow making an indigenous plant illegal, when to outlaw booze they had to have a Constitutional amendment.

Note that I am not saying pot is good for you; I am only questioning the powers of government.
View Quote

probably about 90% of the fed govt is way outside its constitutional bounds

weed is probably the least important

there is an entire fed agency whose primary purpose is to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms when the constitution specifically says it shall not be infringed
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:14:05 AM EDT
[#27]
It'll probably be the same as when middle or upper class people duck out

No way it has a different effect on lower class people, like so called polyamory.
Elon Musk having 12 kids is the same as a guy who can't read above a sixth grade level,
we must be idiots without the studies guiding us
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Republicans should have done it years ago. They’re too close minded and keep losing elections so Democrats will do it for us. I’m tired of hearing how bad pot is and how alcohol is acceptable.  They’re both a drug and used in excess cause problems.   Quit being so 1960s about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By midmo:
There are thousands of people in federal prisons for simple possession?

That sounds unlikely.
View Quote

No there isn’t.  There are thousands who committed crimes AND had pot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

When did drinking tea fry people's minds? Visit a mental hospital before shooting off about something you know nothing about.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#31]
The Trump and the Republicans already passed a farm bill allowing hemp cultivation and sale.  This basically legalized THC and other naturally occurring Cannabinoids because the lower limits set in the farm bill are high enough to get people high.  The Republicans and Trump should be touting this every time this discussion comes up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/422356-trump-officially-legalizes-industrial-hemp/
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I've yet to see a problem caused by too little government, until I do I will default to less is better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Uncle Sam wants his taxes on that high dollar industry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Guess I didn’t make in before this worn out excuse got used.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top