Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

They aren’t voting for “free shit”.

They are voting against people who think and say

“They are not our friend, believe me…They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Human nature:  no matter how much you might agree with someone on policy, most won’t vote for someone who treats you like crap and says stuff like that.  Some voting is based on logic, but much on feels.

The right would be surprised if they stated treating hispanics well.  They’d win them over quickly.

Not the same with Jews.  Just the opposite.  Jews are generally treated well enough by the right, but lean differently on policy.  They are also treated well enough by the left.  At least Biden, so that doesn’t sway their feels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BooJangles:
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
This is why I laugh at people that say Hispanics and Latinos are natural conservatives and will vote R if only the right messaging was used.

They are conservative when it comes to family values, but they will vote for free shit in a heart beat.

“They are not our friend, believe me…They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Human nature:  no matter how much you might agree with someone on policy, most won’t vote for someone who treats you like crap and says stuff like that.  Some voting is based on logic, but much on feels.

The right would be surprised if they stated treating hispanics well.  They’d win them over quickly.

Not the same with Jews.  Just the opposite.  Jews are generally treated well enough by the right, but lean differently on policy.  They are also treated well enough by the left.  At least Biden, so that doesn’t sway their feels.

Sorry bud.  I’m not buying what you’re selling.  I’ve got enough experience discussing politics with folks in my community to know that’s bullshit.  Poverty is very high, and the reason people vote Dem is because of the gibs and illegal immigration.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:58:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#2]

Sorry bud.  I’m not buying what you’re selling.  I’ve got enough experience discussing politics with folks in my community to know that’s bullshit.  Poverty is very high, and the reason people vote Dem is because of the gibs and illegal immigration.
View All Quotes
This is why I laugh at people that say Hispanics and Latinos are natural conservatives and will vote R if only the right messaging was used.

They are conservative when it comes to family values, but they will vote for free shit in a heart beat.

I don’t think you’re in a position to be a buyer.  But it is the internet, so who knows.  Perhaps you are a high ranking Republican politician.

I lived and worked with illegals my whole young life, and moved to Mexico and lived there, so I am just sharing my experience, out of interest and making conversation.  

Every single Mexican I worked with building fence and pouring concrete loved pickup trucks, guns, had “machismo”/traditional gender ideas, and believed in hard work and God.  Sounds right wing to me.

I don’t really expect you or anyone on here to actually be a decision maker in any of this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Atheist, conservative and reform Jews are all overwhelming liberal. If I'm not mistaken,  atheist Jews are the majority of Jews in America now. As a whole they don't have much direct election power anyway, considering they're like, 2% of the population.  You can argue that they're great at financing it though, but that's a separate issue.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HBIII:

Funny, the article didn't mention only the atheist ones
Atheist, conservative and reform Jews are all overwhelming liberal. If I'm not mistaken,  atheist Jews are the majority of Jews in America now. As a whole they don't have much direct election power anyway, considering they're like, 2% of the population.  You can argue that they're great at financing it though, but that's a separate issue.

Does that mean the illegal immigrant new voting block is now larger than the Jewish vote?  

When FJB cuts spending on Israeli and has boots on the ground and allows for humanitarian reasons legal immigration from Palestine, I don’t want to hear it if they continue to vote Dem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked at a few synagogues.

The reform ones are basically filled with people who are mostly informed by The View.

The conservative and orthodox are the other side.

These days I'd say theres a 75/25 split in the total Jewish population in the US. Favoring the dem side.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:

As far as I can tell , they do . It seems almost every single entity they are involved in is aimed squarely at the destruction of western values , in my humble opinion. I could cite sources but I would be here for days doing so .
View Quote

Starting with the biden cabal cabinet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikNtx] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#7]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:

Does that mean the illegal immigrant new voting block is now larger than the Jewish vote?  

When FJB cuts spending on Israeli and has boots on the ground and allows for humanitarian reasons legal immigration from Palestine, I don’t want to hear it if they continue to vote Dem.
View All Quotes

Funny, the article didn't mention only the atheist ones

The Jewish voting block is tiny - 2.2%

Also not easily swayed.  Total waste of time to try to get them to vote Republican.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]

When FJB cuts spending on Israeli and has boots on the ground and allows for humanitarian reasons legal immigration from Palestine, I don't want to hear it if they continue to vote Dem.
View Quote
If they were given voting rights, yeah. Jews have never been a large voting block in the US. Israel pandering has always been more about capturing the Evangelical vote than the Jewish vote. Other than Orthodox Jews, they tend to be more split on Israel than Evangelicals are anyway. Of course, courting wealthy donors and PACs like AIPAC do matter too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]

As far as I can tell , they do . It seems almost every single entity they are involved in is aimed squarely at the destruction of western values , in my humble opinion. I could cite sources but I would be here for days doing so .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Given how Christians have treated them over the millennia?  I'd have a case of ass over it too.

I have the same observation.

They have the right to be anti christian if they want.

Its just gross that some christians bend over backwards to support them. The boomer worship of Israel is disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]

I don’t think you’re in a position to be a buyer.  But it is the internet, so who knows.  Perhaps you are a high ranking Republican politician.

I lived and worked with illegals my whole young life, and moved to Mexico and lived there, so I am just sharing my experience, out of interest and making conversation.  I don’t really expect you or anyone on here to actually be a decision maker in any of this.
View All Quotes

I lived and worked with illegals my whole young life, and moved to Mexico and lived there, so I am just sharing my experience, out of interest and making conversation.  I don’t really expect you or anyone on here to actually be a decision maker in any of this.

It’s metaphorical.  I mean you won’t convince me with your talking points.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I know, it’s arfcom
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

Its just gross that some christians bend over backwards to support them. The boomer worship of Israel is disgusting.
View Quote

They have the option to do what they want, even at their own peril.

We don't worship them/Israel, we worship the Lord. He, made a pact with Israel and says He will bless those that that bless Israel and curse those that curse it. Unfortunately, for a time, the Jews have lost their way which allows for the -"Time of the Gentiles" and salvation. As a Christian, we know that Israel will return to God one day. We as Christians honor God, not a nation or country. Sadly many people refuse to turn to Him and we are reaping the whirl winds.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
LOL
View Quote

Go donate some food to Hamas too, while they're at it.

Morons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Morons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gator:
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
LOL

Morons.

Yep.

LOL

Whatever.  I don't give a shit what happens to them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
American Jews, in large part, are secular.  Its just a badge of sorts.  They dont actually care if Muslims slaughter the religious. Govt is their religion
View Quote

This. No one hates Jews like American Jews.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#16]
The article is about one specific issue, the Israel and Hamas war.

I personally believe Trump would have been better than Biden on this at supporting Israel, but it’s just speculation.
View Quote

Trump moved the Embassy. No Democrat with all the Jewish money in NYC ever had the balls for that one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Abraham Accords, withdrawing from the Iran Nuke deal, moving the embassy to Jerusalem?

But somehow Biden is the one who supports Israel more?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Useful idiots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:
Jewish people really need to start classifying themselves in subgroups.

Out of the hundreds of post-Soviet Jews who came to the US I've met/known/still know in NYC, every single one would kill themselves before they voted for a dem.

The super westernized/atheist/progresso Jews from Hollywood and shit are hated by actual Jewish people.
View Quote

What this dude said. Also the highlighted group in bold is responsible for starting the majority of the problems in the western world. These people use the temple as a tax shelter and networking site. They absolutely don’t believe anything the Torah says,
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Jewish Americans appear to remain strongly behind President Biden in his handling of the war between Israel and Hamas even as he bleeds support from some other groups.

The administration’s response has drawn criticism from some segments of the public and led to concern that it could hurt his standing in the polls for the November election, especially with young voters and Arab Americans.

But polls have shown that Jewish Americans, who largely consider themselves Democrats, overwhelmingly back Biden’s handling of the war in his support for Israel’s right to self-defense and condemnation of the Oct. 7 attack and antisemitism.

“There could not be a stronger leader more aligned with the interests of the Jewish community than President Joe Biden,” said Halie Soifer, the CEO of the Jewish Democratic Council of America.

“He has not only stood by Israel in his unequivocal condemnation of terror, support of Israel’s security and its right to self-defense, but he has also pledged that he supports the American Jewish community as it faces this rising scourge of hate,” she continued.

Biden has found himself in a difficult situation politically as the war has raged on, as voters express strong feelings for both the Israeli and Palestinian causes.

A New York Times/Siena College poll found only 33 percent of voters approved of Biden’s handling of the war. The results of the poll reveal conflicting sentiments among those who disapprove, with a third saying Biden has been too supportive of Israel and almost the same amount saying he has been too supportive of the Palestinians.

An NBC News poll from November found just half of Democrats approve of Biden’s handling of the war, while 70 percent of voters age 18 to 34 disapprove.

But Jewish voters have been an exception, giving the president high marks for his navigation of the war and fight against antisemitism, which has seen a sharp rise since the war began.

A poll from the nonpartisan Jewish Electorate Institute found in November that nearly three-quarters of Jewish voters support Biden’s handling of the war. An age gap in support still exists, but a slight majority of the youngest Jewish voters said they support his handling.

Soifer said the way Biden has handled the conflict will “only solidify” what is already a strong base of support for him among Jewish voters. More than 7 in 10 Jewish voters backed Biden in the 2020 election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4385816-jewish-american-support-for-biden-stands-firm-amid-israel-hamas-war/
View Quote

“No, you see, after Oct 7th Jews will wake up!”-Normie in GD
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:
Jewish people really need to start classifying themselves in subgroups.

Out of the hundreds of post-Soviet Jews who came to the US I've met/known/still know in NYC, every single one would kill themselves before they voted for a dem.

The super westernized/atheist/progresso Jews from Hollywood and shit are hated by actual Jewish people.
View Quote

Vote Trump!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Given how Christians have treated them over the millennia?  I'd have a case of ass over it too.
View Quote

You really wanna go do this route?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

You really wanna go do this route?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Did I make it in before "YoU jUsT dOn'T uNdErStAnD, wE vOtE fOr OuR cOlLeCtIvE bEsT iNtErEsT"?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cancard:

And anti-Christian.

This feels like a chicken-egg argument.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:43:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagoth-Ur] [#27]

View Quote

If being told “stop bringing crime, drugs, and dont ruin America” is seen as “being treated like crap you are too stupid to be allowed in.

We treated them well under Reagan and Bush and still nothing, so you know what? Fuck em.

Give them nothing, but take for them everything!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

If being told “stop being g crime, drugs, and dont ruin America” is seen as “being treated like crap you are too stupid to be allowed in.

We treated them well under Reagan and Bush and still nothing, so you know what? Fuck em.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

If the holocaust isn't enough to convince them, then I got nothing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Atheist jews have always been like that.

If the holocaust isn't enough to convince them, then I got nothing.

Even more current was that whole BDS thing in the colleges and universities (which is pretty antisemitic)...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#30]

I’d guess Democrats.  

Republican strategy towards hispanics has been beyond retarded.  They can’t get past calling them mean names.  If you treat people like crap, they won’t vote for you, even if they agree with you on policy.
View Quote

How dare we tell them “don’t ruin our country” as they, you know, ruin our country.

Look Karl Tove, your policy has been tried, it failed, we are moving on and going back to what works, excluding hostile groups.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#31]

I’d guess Democrats.  

Republican strategy towards hispanics has been beyond retarded.  They can’t get past calling them mean names.  If you treat people like crap, they won’t vote for you, even if they agree with you on policy.
View Quote

How dare we tell them “don’t ruin our country” as they, you know, ruin our country.

Look Karl Roveour policy has been tried, it failed, we are moving on and going back to what works, excluding hostile groups.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

If being told “stop being g crime, drugs, and dont ruin America” is seen as “being treated like crap you are too stupid to be allowed in.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

No “group” is a monolith.

Easy way to illustrate:  when some loser shoots up a school, the left says “gun owners are bad, we need to ban guns”.

No, one loser was bad.  The rest of us are nothing like that.

People seem to understand this when it applies to them, but then say “all Mexicans” or “all Blacks”.  It’s really showing their ass.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Most of them think democrats means democracy. So they think voting for democrats they are voting for democracy.  Not kidding.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#34]

I lived and worked with illegals my whole young life, and moved to Mexico and lived there, so I am just sharing my experience, out of interest and making conversation.  

Every single Mexican I worked with building fence and pouring concrete loved pickup trucks, guns, had “machismo”/traditional gender ideas, and believed in hard work and God.  Sounds right wing to me.

I don’t really expect you or anyone on here to actually be a decision maker in any of this.
View Quote

“They love x,y,z!” And vote against them every chance they get. Again, we are not buying your anecdotal experiences.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#35]

The Jewish voting block is tiny - 2.2%

Also not easily swayed.  Total waste of time to try to get them to vote Republican.
View Quote

1.8-1.9% of population but they are mostly in CA, NY, or IL, so you could write them off, in fact take a neutral or even an anti Israel stance and gain many times the number of votes from
Moderates, and even center/left leaning groups.

The Jewish vote swings dem not matter what so you know what? Why bother?

America First, Christ is King!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#37]
If they were given voting rights, yeah. Jews have never been a large voting block in the US. Israel pandering has always been more about capturing the Evangelical vote than the Jewish vote. Other than Orthodox Jews, they tend to be more split on Israel than Evangelicals are anyway. Of course, courting wealthy donors and PACs like AIPAC do matter too.
View Quote

Trump proved the Evangelicals will shut down and shut up if not in charge, and they won’t be nor should be.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

I have the same observation.

View Quote

They can be Anti Christian somewhere else.

You don’t go to Mexico and insult Mexicans and expect to be warmly received.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#40]

No “group” is a monolith.

Easy way to illustrate:  when some loser shoots up a school, the left says “gun owners are bad, we need to ban guns”.

No, one loser was bad.  The rest of us are nothing like that.

People seem to understand this when it applies to them, but then say “all Mexicans” or “all Blacks”.  It’s really showing their ass.
View Quote

When a majority of that group votes to strip of my rights, by a min if 80, yeah they are a monolith.

Your problem is leftists do believe such insanely stupid things.

Again, you had your time, your world view given a chance, it failed, get over it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Karl Marx and his butt buddy Friedrich Engels where both Jewish, so there's that.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]
The article is about one specific issue, the Israel and Hamas war.

I personally believe Trump would have been better than Biden on this at supporting Israel, but it’s just speculation.
View Quote

The guy who nailed Soleimani and moved the US embassy to Jerusalem would support Israel?

Hard to believe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Biden chose wisely: there may be more voters who are against supporting Israel, but the ones who do donate more money.
View Quote

Biden hasn't really chosen. He's doing what he can to stop the war in Gaza and undermine Bibi. He just recently allowed an anti Israel resolution to pass in the UN.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#45]
You can’t fix stupid. That’s one stubborn group of people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Funny, the article didn’t mention only the atheist ones…
View Quote

Most American Jews are secular. The ones who are religious are Republican.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Polls: Herding sheep for decades.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Ummm.. Hispanics are mostly Catholic and anti-abortion, traditional gender roles, etc.

Most American Jews are progressive (not using term politically).

You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Maybe another way to say it:  most Hispanics already believe everything you do, most Jews don’t.
View Quote

Hispanics are leftist/big government. They lose the religion and traditional ideas faster than they lose their love of big government.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By macaho45:
90% vote left.  This isn't a surprise.
View Quote

And the jews wonder why they are hated.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Often those family values includes cheating, spouse abuse, etc.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top