Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/6/2024 10:41:54 AM EDT
"In a stunning admission, Special Counsel Jack Smith’s team is admitting that key evidence in former President Donald Trump’s classified documents criminal case was altered or manipulated since it was seized by the FBI, and that prosecutors misled the court about it for a period of time.
Legal experts told Just the News the revelation could prove to be a serious problem for prosecutors and a violation of court rules to preserve evidence in the state it was seized.
In a new filing Friday, Smith’s team said that the order of documents in some of the boxes of memos that were seized by the FBI from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate was altered or jumbled, leaving two different chronologies: one that was digitally scanned and another the physical order in the boxes."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/trump-whodunnit-prosecutors-admit-key-evidence-document-case-has
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VidaEterna] [#1]
That would get a case tossed by the old DOJ. I’m surprised they don’t transfer the case to a federal court in Venezuela. The outcome would be the same.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
So some papers in a box got placed in a different order between the time they were seized and scanned?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Won't make any difference. The "fix" is in.
None of the alphabet soup agencies can be trusted.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
We have a lawless country.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
So some papers in a box got placed in a different order between the time they were seized and scanned?
View Quote

But at a deeper level, the loss of specific document locations is a destruction of exculpatory evidence,” he added. “I went through all of the boxes at NARA and the document order was important because it was clear to us that the boxes had been untouched since leaving the White House.
For prosecutors who are trying to prove that the defendants knowingly possessed these documents to then destroy the evidence that would undermine that claim is a very serious violation,” he added."
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
It's probably more that they lied to the court about it.  That's a bit of an issue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Did I make it in before the apologists and water carriers ?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#8]
In a not-banana-republic, every Democrat who handled classified documents would get the same treatment by prosecutors.

Let's say they had some in a garage, for example.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:
"In a stunning admission, Special Counsel Jack Smith’s team is admitting that key evidence in former President Donald Trump’s classified documents criminal case was altered or manipulated since it was seized by the FBI, and that prosecutors misled the court about it for a period of time.
Legal experts told Just the News the revelation could prove to be a serious problem for prosecutors and a violation of court rules to preserve evidence in the state it was seized.
In a new filing Friday, Smith’s team said that the order of documents in some of the boxes of memos that were seized by the FBI from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate was altered or jumbled, leaving two different chronologies: one that was digitally scanned and another the physical order in the boxes."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/trump-whodunnit-prosecutors-admit-key-evidence-document-case-has
View Quote

Wait....isn't this a crime?

Nanzi Piglosi assured me no one is above the Law.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RancidAR:
Did I make it in before the apologists and water carriers ?
View Quote

Congratulations you did!  Be prepared to hear about the piles of evidence that Jack Smith presented to the Grand Jury, just read the indictment.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Drumbic] [#11]
And nothing will happen to Jack or anyone of the liars...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xd341:
It's probably more that they lied to the court about it.  That's a bit of an issue.
View Quote

This seems like the kind of thing a lab tech could have done while scanning files. Absolutely sloppy when chain of evidence custody is critical to a case but I don't see how you prove intent. Not that intent has to be present for tampered evidence to tank a case.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

The burden on the state to prove a case is heavy for a reason.  They have rules they must abide by even if it seems arbitrary it is to protect the people from the government.  It is kind of like the state trying you for murder but the ammunition in your magazine do not match the bullets that the victim was shot by so they change the ammunition out to match.

Details matter!  Especially when the state has such a weak case that means their evidence has to be spot on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

Wait....isn't this a crime?

Nanzi Piglosi assured me no one is above the Law.
View Quote

No reasonable prosecutor...sloppy mistake but no intent...FBI beyond reproach....we investigated ourselves and found no criminal wrongdoing...etc
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The prosecution lied, they admitted they lied, and yet continue the course.

Sure we lied, fuck you, what are you going to do about it.

No fear of repercussion.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#16]
in Clown World, this means nothing
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#17]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:

No fear of repercussion.
View Quote

Well……it sounds like an administrative error and once realized they came forward and notified the court.  The question is how did and does this error effect the case other than a mistake was made in the listing of documents?  Did they hide or in some way change the content of Docs? etc…

Sounds like  a mistake was made and they notified the court of it.   Does that mistake rise to the level of malfeasance? Doesn't sound like it but maybe it is?

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#18]

But at a deeper level, the loss of specific document locations is a destruction of exculpatory evidence,” he added. “I went through all of the boxes at NARA and the document order was important because it was clear to us that the boxes had been untouched since leaving the White House.
For prosecutors who are trying to prove that the defendants knowingly possessed these documents to then destroy the evidence that would undermine that claim is a very serious violation,” he added."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Some extra documents could have been added to a box or 2 knowing how crooked the DOJ is now, jumbling them up would make it harder to find the additions.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Congratulations you did!  Be prepared to hear about the piles of evidence that Jack Smith presented to the Grand Jury, just read the indictment.
View Quote

Did you read the indictment !? I doubt you did because then you'd know it's not bullshit and totally legit . Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrpppp
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#20]
“The rules are simple: they lie to us, we know they're lying, they know we know they're lying, but they keep lying to us, and we keep pretending to believe them.”

― Elena Gorokhova, A Mountain of Crumbs
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Did you read the indictment !? I doubt you did because then you'd know it's not bullshit and totally legit . Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrpppp
View All Quotes

Sarcasm for all of The_Underscores.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#22]

This seems like the kind of thing a lab tech could have done while scanning files. Absolutely sloppy when chain of evidence custody is critical to a case but I don't see how you prove intent. Not that intent has to be present for tampered evidence to tank a case.
View Quote
when the burden of proof is on the government, the government can't be sloppy without calling into question that proof. So at the very least it's bad for your case, but certainly if they concealed or where not prompt in disclosing the issue it calls into question the ethics of the entire endeavor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#23]

No reasonable prosecutor...sloppy mistake but no intent...FBI beyond reproach....we investigated ourselves and found no criminal wrongdoing...etc
View Quote

So not great, not terrible?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pdm:

Well……it sounds like an administrative error and once realized they came forward and notified the court.  The question is how did and does this error effect the case other than a mistake was made in the listing of documents?  Did the hide or in some way change the content of Docs? etc…

Sounds like  a mistake was made and they notified the court of it.   Does that mistake rise to the level of malfeasance? Doesn't sound like it but maybe it is?

View Quote

It's a minor mistake but it impacts the validity of the documents as evidence and shows that the prosecution is clown shoes. Almost a parallel of a lab tech spilling a drink on evidence. Good luck getting any of that DNA evidence admitted or accepted by a jury even if the mistake was completely innocent.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By maxima2:

View Quote

False

They'll enforce it against you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Sarcasm for all of The_Underscores.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Sure. I mean this is a really routine case, it happens every time an administration changes. If it were a unique, substantial case that would be of interest to the higher ups in public, or even the public, they would be much more careful with the evidence handling. I’m sure they weren’t worried as the attorneys at this level are always new and not very good at this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

So not great, not terrible?
View Quote

The big defense hurdle for me is Trump telling a guy that some stuff wasn't declassified and that he had the opportunity to declassify it but didn't. If you believe that Trump can declassify anything he wants and share it with uncleared 3rd parties that's not a problem. If you think that stuff that was marked classified is always still classified until it is officially declassified Trump may have a problem. That's ultimately going to probably be a jury question.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Well……it sounds like an administrative error and once realized they came forward and notified the court.  The question is how did and does this error effect the case other than a mistake was made in the listing of documents?  Did they hide or in some way change the content of Docs? etc…

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:

No fear of repercussion.

Jack Smith has a record. Become familiar with it and get back to us.  Not being argumentative.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#30]

The big defense hurdle for me is Trump telling a guy that some stuff wasn't declassified and that he had the opportunity to declassify it but didn't. If you believe that Trump can declassify anything he wants and share it with uncleared 3rd parties that's not a problem. If you think that stuff that was marked classified is always still classified until it is officially declassified Trump may have a problem. That's ultimately going to probably be a jury question.
View Quote

What stuff was that? Jack will definitely need that document to prosecute the case
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

Sure. I mean this is a really routine case, it happens every time an administration changes. If it were a unique, substantial case that would be of interest to the higher ups in public, or even the public, they would be much more careful with the evidence handling. I’m sure they weren’t worried as the attorneys at this level are always new and not very good at this sort of thing.
View Quote

My understanding is that nobody cared at all until the Biden DOJ directed them to care. This is one of those things where every administration for 100 years has probably broken the letter of the law but it was no big deal if a president took a technically classified personal memo from a foreign leader or somesuch home with him until the DOJ became a political weapon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Hillary and Fisa started in 2016, what has changed and who has gone to jail since??? Only Republicans...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

For anybody interested, here's the original source for the story:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653.522.0.pdf

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#36]
Originally Posted By rodical:
Hillary and Fisa started in 2016, what has changed and who has gone to jail since??? Only Republicans...
View Quote

The left makes the right follow the law and then the left breaks the law and doesn't give a shit. Meanwhile the right tends to enforce the law on their own side and fails miserably at holding the left accountable. The problem here is that the right is typically a culture of rule followers and law keepers that pretend the left has an equal culture and shares their values. If you punish people for burning down the barbarian village and excuse the barbarians because they can't help being barbarians don't be surprised when you are ruled by barbarians.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#37]

My understanding is that nobody cared at all until the Biden DOJ directed them to care. This is one of those things where every administration for 100 years has probably broken the letter of the law but it was no big deal if a president took a technically classified personal memo from a foreign leader or somesuch home with him until the DOJ became a political weapon.
View Quote

I believe the order was not maintained from the time the FBI took the  materials from MAL, and when it was scanned into evidence. Again, the FBI has breached almost every president’s personal home after they leave office. No real reason to “dot” the “I’s” and crops the “T”’s. I have done a few things that my higher ups told me to be very attentive to procedure as they knew, or believed, it to be significant enough as to draw extra scrutiny. Now boring everyday things like prosecuting an ex-president and current candidate? I’m guessing my agency uses contractors for the mundane so I wouldn’t see that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:15:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 14Karat] [#38]

Jack Smith has a record. Become familiar with it and get back to us.  Not being argumentative.
View All Quotes

Jack Smith's Long History of Failed Prosecution Cases Against Republicans

After news broke late Thursday night that corrupt Special Counsel Jack Smith was gearing up to bring additional charges against former President Trump, the 45th president insisted Smith was weaponizing the Justice Department.

Calling it “harassment,” Trump responded to Smith’s decision to bring more charges against him in the indictment over his possession of classified documents, despite President Joe Biden facing almost no repercussions for doing the same thing.

“It’s not a criminal case,” Trump began. “Where’s Biden with all the documents? He’s got 20 times, 30 times the documents I have, and he has not made it easy for them either. He has been hiding boxes. They’re sending boxes to Chinatown. Boxes are being sent to Chinatown, yet China is paying them millions of dollars. You explain that one. You don’t even hear about it. All you hear about is Trump.”

The former president condemned the two-tiered justice system, calling it an “injustice” and saying that the U.S. is a failing nation under the leadership of the Democratic Party.

Trump vowed to fire Smith should he be elected in 2024, noting his troubling record of failed and suspected prosecutions against prominent public figures.

Among his most notable corruption cases, Smith – who was tapped by equally evil Attorney General Merrick Garland – was overturned unanimously in the Supreme Court.

Smith prosecuted the former Republican governor of Virginia, Bob McDonnell. The U.S. Supreme Court later overturned the case in a unanimous 8-0 decision. The Court observed that “there is no doubt that this case is distasteful; it may be worse than that. But our concern is not with tawdry tales of Ferraris, Rolexes, and ball gowns. It is instead with the broader legal implications of the Government’s boundless interpretation of the federal bribery statute.”

The Supreme Court also rebuked Smith and warned that “the uncontrolled power of criminal prosecutors is a threat to our separation of powers.”

Smith also prosecuted Arizona Congressman Rick Renzi – a Republican – on corruption charges, which the Supreme Court upheld. Trump later pardoned Renzi. The Republican claimed he had been “wrongly convicted by a Department of Justice that engaged in witness tampering, illegal wiretapping, and gross prosecutorial misconduct.”

“He’s destroyed a lot of lives. Lives have been destroyed. He’s destroyed people—he’s destroyed lives,” Trump said of Smith. "He was Lois Lerner and the IRS case, which was one of the most egregious abuses what happened. The government had to apologize to people."

Trump condemned Smith for going after Christians and Republicans, calling him “deranged.” He said the special counsel had abused his power and that history would look upon this moment, saying it would be remembered as an “embarrassment” for the entire nation.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/07/28/this-is-harassment-trump-speaks-out-following-latest-indictment-charges-n2626354

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

That was the Milley plan to attack Iran. Here's the thing...Trump didn't have possession of those documents then or now. They were not found in the documents seized nor were they 'missing' from NARA. It was bullshit thrown out as red meat for the Trump haters by Weissmann and Smith. They made a great stink over the sound of shuffling of papers on the recording. Interviwer/Ghostwriter said Trump never showed him the document.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By M-60:

False

They'll enforce it against you.
View Quote

If we are going the save the Republic, the current atmosphere must end.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#41]

I believe the order was not maintained from the time the FBI took the  materials from MAL, and when it was scanned into evidence. Again, the FBI has breached almost every president’s personal home after they leave office. No real reason to “dot” the “I’s” and crops the “T”’s. I have done a few things that my higher ups told me to be very attentive to procedure as they knew, or believed, it to be significant enough as to draw extra scrutiny. Now boring everyday things like prosecuting an ex-president and current candidate? I’m guessing my agency uses contractors for the mundane so I wouldn’t see that.
View Quote

In my mind I see some overweight SAC gleefully rifling through the boxes to see what kind of haul they got. Since the FBI refuses to wear body cams or take real case notes I'll keep my version in my mind as correct.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#42]

See? It’s perfectly understandable. Even the footnote acknowledges that they were wrong to do what they did. But this case happens so often outside of the public eye that it shouldn’t matter. Heck, it’s such a boring, routine everyday case that Jack has no idea why things were mixed up and says so in his affidavit.

I’m really at a loss as to why anyone is paying attention to this case. I can’t imagine how shocked Jack must be! I bet had he suspected that the public may pay attention to it, he would have documented the order the items were located in, as well as the location each box of evidence was in when seized.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

The whole fucking thing is malfeasance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#44]

See? It’s perfectly understandable. Even the footnote acknowledges that they were wrong to do what they did. But this case happens so often outside of the public eye that it shouldn’t matter. Heck, it’s such a boring, routine everyday case that Jack has no idea why things were mixed up and says so in his affidavit.

I’m really at a loss as to why anyone is paying attention to this case. I can’t imagine how shocked Jack must be! I bet had he suspected that the public may pay attention to it, he would have documented the order the items were located in, as well as the location each box of evidence was in when seized.
View All Quotes

That was Mike Nifongs attitude as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#45]
Originally Posted By AZ_Hi_Desert:

That was the Milley plan to attack Iran. Here's the thing...Trump didn't have possession of those documents then or now. They were not found in the documents seized nor were they 'missing' from NARA. It was bullshit thrown out as red meat for the Trump haters by Weissmann and Smith. They made a great stink over the sound of shuffling of papers on the recording. Interviwer/Ghostwriter said Trump never showed him the document.
View Quote

I assume they will ask Trump about it under oath. The tape is out in the wild and featured in the indictment:
“These are the papers,” Trump continues, according to the audio file.
“This was done by the military and given to me,” Trump continues, before noting that the document remained classified.
“See as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

It's in the indictment and even if they can't find the papers I can't imagine they don't ask questions about it or play the tape to the jury.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#46]

In my mind I see some overweight SAC gleefully rifling through the boxes to see what kind of haul they got. Since the FBI refuses to wear body cams or take real case notes I'll keep my version in my mind as correct.
View Quote

I agree. We have a file room for high interest files, and that one is tough to get into! Now the files like the evidence against that trump guy would just be stuffed on a shelf in the big file room. Use a PIV or just follow someone in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#47]

I agree. We have a file room for high interest files, and that one is tough to get into! Now the files like the evidence against that trump guy would just be stuffed on a shelf in the big file room. Use a PIV or just follow someone in.
View Quote

It would be hilarious if some Biden admin lackey paid a visit and tailgated into a room off the record to see what the FBI got and fucked up the evidence. That's about right for that clownshoes outfit too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Laws no longer apply equally.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

post rule of law ussa

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#50]

I assume they will ask Trump about it under oath. The tape is out in the wild and featured in the indictment:
“These are the papers,” Trump continues, according to the audio file.
“This was done by the military and given to me,” Trump continues, before noting that the document remained classified.
“See as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

It's in the indictment and even if they can't find the papers I can't imagine they don't ask questions about it or play the tape to the jury.

View Quote

So, can you imagine if Trump said those weren’t the actual papers he was holding? If he said, under oath, that he was BSing to make his “story” more interesting? An average man might get away with it, but we have 8 years and hundreds of media sources producing thousands of records of Trumps truthfulness. No way would a reasonable person ever believe Trump lied about something.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top