Site Notices
Page / 150
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Originally Posted By Willmar:
I hate you people. 12:05am and I'm reading this.

I'm alone in a biomedical research institue. How do you think I feel?

Got any creepy/weird science experiments going on there?

I'm pretty sure there's a mansquito around here somewhere.

Fucking mansquitos.  Always popping up where you don't want them to!
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm pretty sure there's a mansquito around here somewhere.

What about a monkapotamus?

Link Posted: 5/23/2012 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Miracle_Pants:

Originally Posted By 71mach103:

Not as creepy as some of the others, but....

My wife grew up in a house that was haunted. I didn't really believe her until we ran into the poeple who had bought the house from her family, and they started talking about all the freaky stuff that went on. It was so bad they ended up selling the house to someone else. I'm not into the paranormal thing so I just kind of shrugged it off. My wife isn't crazy obsessed either, she just had some experiences growing up. I guess you could consider me somewhat of a skeptic and my wife just one step more open minded than that. Anyway...

Last year we went on vacation to Gettysburg. We are both sorta history buffs and I've wanted to go as long as I can remember. Anyway we had a great time going to all the various battlefield locations, going to the historical sights downtown, etc etc. We had gotten a few pictures that were I guess kinda odd. Things that we couldn't explain away. Nothing newsworthy. just odd. So the last 2 nights that we were there we decided to go out on the battlefield after dark to see if we could see or hear anything. Sounded like a good thing to pass some time, and since you have to be off the battlefield by 10 pm I'd still have time to have a beer at the hotel.

The first night, we went out to the area below Little Round Top and over by Devil's Den. At first there were about a half dozen other people out there taking pictures in the dark, listening for sounds etc. After about 20 minutes we were the only ones left. We had gotten some pictures that some people may say contained orbs, but I'm not an expert so what do I know. Anyway we suddenly heard what I could best describe as a cry or a yell. I've camped in several states, hunted, been out at night in the woods. I have a pretty good handle on what animals sound like at night when you are jittery.

This sounded like nothing I've ever heard before. It seemed to come from all directions at once. Not like it was echoing, but like it's source was everywhere at one. My wife instantly said "what the hell was that? " and got alot closer to me, like I was going to protect her or something. We heard the cry/yell twice more in the next few minutes but it was more faint. I still can't to this day rationalize what made that sound.

The next night, we decided to go to to the Virginia Monument on Seminary Ridge. We were the only people ( idiots? ) out there that night. The night was warm and there was no breeze at all. If you dropped ass, it was going to stay there for 6 hours without dissipating. We got out of the car and walked out into the field past the monument. It was kinda creepy walking out into the field that was part of Pickett's Charge. We walked out to the spot where Robert E. Lee met his troops that were returning from Picket's Charge. There is a nice path that goes past some woods and out to the field. There was nothing creepy about the path, the woods, or the field on the way out. We were out in the field for maybe 30 minutes and got nothing and it was getting alte and time to get off the battlefield. As we were walking on the path back past the woods to the car, we suddenly ran into a patch of cold. It wasn't a cold wind, there was no breeze at all. And it wasn't 5 or 10 degrees colder, it felt like the temperature dropped 20 degrees in this one area. As we hit this area, my wife said "what"? I said " what what?" she said " you just said 'Hey!". I told her no I didn't, I didn't say anything. My wife was walking about 10 feet from me at the time. About 5 seconds later she gasped, jumped, and took off running to the car at top speed. I seriously didn't know she could run the fast. When I finally caught up to her and asked her why she channelled her inner Flo Jo, she told me that she felt something push her on her back. I was not within reach, there was no way I could have pushed her.

Anyway,like I said, not as creepy as other stories I've seen here, but it was creepy enough for us.

Sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jSqt39vFM

Just saw this and showed my girlfriend. Last summer she was up on Little Round Top with a friend of hers and they heard a weird scream a few times. They passed it off as a animal and I just played the rebel yell at 2:00 into that video, and she said that was the exact scream she heard.

Link Posted: 5/23/2012 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By gomulego:
I saw a bigfoot. There I said it. And I believe I really did see one. But I can't know for sure. I was never able to definatevley prove it.

But nobody believed me and I don't tell the story much.  But I did tell it on here in the bigfoot thread sometime back and so I won't retell the whole thing again but will shorten it. I was trail riding my horse alone one afternoon just before dusk and as we were riding past a cow pasture (animals my horse knew well), the entire herd freaked and started running for the barn.  This did not bother my horse at first (in fact not at all) and we continued on.  We got into an open field and about 75 yards across it, along a small creek with some cover he saw something that made his ears prick up and then he started rearing up a little bit and spinning on me, which was very unusual for him.  I got about maybe 3-5 seconds in a couple of spins to look where he was looking and I saw it too.  A very large and hairy (but human looking face) that was behind but taller than some tall shrubs and it was just staring at us. And I would say in a curious manner. My horse turned and started running back towards the barn too and I went ahead and let him run because it scared the crap out of me as well. WTF was that?

I went back out there a couple days later looking for footprints (anything) and all I could tell was that the tall and dry grass was knocked down behind those bushes but there were no footprints.  I kept my mouth shut about it for years because no one believed it and it made me even question it myself and still does.  But I gotta tell you, I know both my horse and I saw something that wasn't there right afterwards that scared the piss out of both of us. BTW, I didn't detect any smell at the time that you often hear about. But he/she could have been down wind I suppose.

Arfcom has a bigfoot forum?
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By derekv814:
Originally Posted By gomulego:
I saw a bigfoot. There I said it. And I believe I really did see one. But I can't know for sure. I was never able to definatevley prove it.

But nobody believed me and I don't tell the story much.  But I did tell it on here in the bigfoot thread sometime back and so I won't retell the whole thing again but will shorten it. I was trail riding my horse alone one afternoon just before dusk and as we were riding past a cow pasture (animals my horse knew well), the entire herd freaked and started running for the barn.  This did not bother my horse at first (in fact not at all) and we continued on.  We got into an open field and about 75 yards across it, along a small creek with some cover he saw something that made his ears prick up and then he started rearing up a little bit and spinning on me, which was very unusual for him.  I got about maybe 3-5 seconds in a couple of spins to look where he was looking and I saw it too.  A very large and hairy (but human looking face) that was behind but taller than some tall shrubs and it was just staring at us. And I would say in a curious manner. My horse turned and started running back towards the barn too and I went ahead and let him run because it scared the crap out of me as well. WTF was that?

I went back out there a couple days later looking for footprints (anything) and all I could tell was that the tall and dry grass was knocked down behind those bushes but there were no footprints.  I kept my mouth shut about it for years because no one believed it and it made me even question it myself and still does.  But I gotta tell you, I know both my horse and I saw something that wasn't there right afterwards that scared the piss out of both of us. BTW, I didn't detect any smell at the time that you often hear about. But he/she could have been down wind I suppose.

Arfcom has a bigfoot forum?

Not that I know of.

He said he posted the story in the bigfoot thread.  BTW, if anyone has the link, I'd like to read it.

Link Posted: 5/23/2012 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 12:51:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miracle_Pants] [#7]

Originally Posted By ClassicLugeMick:

My wife grew up in a house that was haunted. I didn't really believe her until we ran into the poeple who had bought the house from her family, and they started talking about all the freaky stuff that went on. It was so bad they ended up selling the house to someone else. I'm not into the paranormal thing so I just kind of shrugged it off. My wife isn't crazy obsessed either, she just had some experiences growing up. I guess you could consider me somewhat of a skeptic and my wife just one step more open minded than that. Anyway...

Last year we went on vacation to Gettysburg. We are both sorta history buffs and I've wanted to go as long as I can remember. Anyway we had a great time going to all the various battlefield locations, going to the historical sights downtown, etc etc. We had gotten a few pictures that were I guess kinda odd. Things that we couldn't explain away. Nothing newsworthy. just odd. So the last 2 nights that we were there we decided to go out on the battlefield after dark to see if we could see or hear anything. Sounded like a good thing to pass some time, and since you have to be off the battlefield by 10 pm I'd still have time to have a beer at the hotel.

The first night, we went out to the area below Little Round Top and over by Devil's Den. At first there were about a half dozen other people out there taking pictures in the dark, listening for sounds etc. After about 20 minutes we were the only ones left. We had gotten some pictures that some people may say contained orbs, but I'm not an expert so what do I know. Anyway we suddenly heard what I could best describe as a cry or a yell. I've camped in several states, hunted, been out at night in the woods. I have a pretty good handle on what animals sound like at night when you are jittery.

This sounded like nothing I've ever heard before. It seemed to come from all directions at once. Not like it was echoing, but like it's source was everywhere at one. My wife instantly said "what the hell was that? " and got alot closer to me, like I was going to protect her or something. We heard the cry/yell twice more in the next few minutes but it was more faint. I still can't to this day rationalize what made that sound.

The next night, we decided to go to to the Virginia Monument on Seminary Ridge. We were the only people ( idiots? ) out there that night. The night was warm and there was no breeze at all. If you dropped ass, it was going to stay there for 6 hours without dissipating. We got out of the car and walked out into the field past the monument. It was kinda creepy walking out into the field that was part of Pickett's Charge. We walked out to the spot where Robert E. Lee met his troops that were returning from Picket's Charge. There is a nice path that goes past some woods and out to the field. There was nothing creepy about the path, the woods, or the field on the way out. We were out in the field for maybe 30 minutes and got nothing and it was getting alte and time to get off the battlefield. As we were walking on the path back past the woods to the car, we suddenly ran into a patch of cold. It wasn't a cold wind, there was no breeze at all. And it wasn't 5 or 10 degrees colder, it felt like the temperature dropped 20 degrees in this one area. As we hit this area, my wife said "what"? I said " what what?" she said " you just said 'Hey!". I told her no I didn't, I didn't say anything. My wife was walking about 10 feet from me at the time. About 5 seconds later she gasped, jumped, and took off running to the car at top speed. I seriously didn't know she could run the fast. When I finally caught up to her and asked her why she channelled her inner Flo Jo, she told me that she felt something push her on her back. I was not within reach, there was no way I could have pushed her.

Anyway,like I said, not as creepy as other stories I've seen here, but it was creepy enough for us.

Sound like this?

Just saw this and showed my girlfriend. Last summer she was up on Little Round Top with a friend of hers and they heard a weird scream a few times. They passed it off as a animal and I just played the rebel yell at 2:00 into that video, and she said that was the exact scream she heard.  

Interesting. Up until the internet this footage was rare most folks had no idea what the real rebel yell sounded like. Even if you watch reenactors a lot of them get it wrong, it's supposed to sound more like an Indian war whoop rather than a roar.

Link Posted: 5/24/2012 1:50:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#8]
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
I think my Dad searched out and bought every Bates Hotel looking house we ever lived in.

In 1965 we moved from Astoria, OR. to Portland, Or. This house was big and was built around the 20's or 30's. We only lived there a couple of months before we moved to California but it wasn't soon enough.

One night we all went to bed (there were my parents and us 4 kids living there at the time) after watching one of the four TV channels. I was already in the bedroom and my younger Brother was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. The lights were still on in the room and in the hallway.

I'm thinking it's taking my Brother Jim a long time to brush his teeth. I start to get out of the bed to tell him to hurry up. When the closet door slowly starts to open. The door to the hallway is right next to the closet door. And I'm trying to figure if I can get out that Bastard before that door opens another inch. But I can't move. I'm frozen. Nothing I can do will make my legs move.

The door continues to swing open. It's a quarter open now. There's no light in there. This house is old remember.

Now the door is half way open and I can see a shape and it's Black. Not "there's no light black". I talking the Sun has gone out Black. I can see the rest of the closet behind it.

I was wearing my Superman pajamas at time. And now they are soaked thru with the sweat that is rolling off of me. My throat fills raw from screaming. But no sound is coming out.

As the door opens fully, I see the Blackness in the closet is in the shape of a man. I see it's eyes. But there are no eyes just holes. Just like looking into burning coals or Hell. When it raised one arm at me is when the sound finally escaped my throat.

The closet door slammed shut so loud. It sounded like the wall was being torn out. My Father came running in (along with the rest of the family) mad as hell about the noise. I told him what had happened. He went to the closet and tried to open it. But it was stuck. It took him a couple of hard yanks for it to come loose. When he opened it he saw that the door jam had been busted and one of the hinges was bent.

That was the only thing I know of the happened in that house. We moved two weeks later.

Ed

Your story reminded me of something from my early childhood.

When I was around 4 or 5 years old, I had a recurring "nightmare" of sorts that would often leave me shouting for my parents down the hall in the dead of night.

Only problem with this "nightmare" though, is that I don't think I was dreaming.  I'm pretty sure I was wide awake.

I would be laying there in bed, in pitch darkness, with the bedroom door open, onto a view of the hallway that passed the other bedrooms.  The entire house was in total darkness.

I would see the figure of a man appear in the hallway and start coming down the hall towards my open bedroom door, then enter the bedroom.

Now here's the thing: the figure of the "man" was so black that it stood out in stark relief against the total, pitch blackness of the surrounding darkness.  Almost as if you were looking at the shadow of a man against a wall on an extremely bright sunny day, except in this case the blackness of the shadow was so dark that it was readily visible even against a background of total darkness.

Usually when the figure entered my room I would start shouting for my parents, and it would disappear.

I don't remember how many times I had that dream, but I know it was several.

Still strikes me as weird to this day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Sound like this?

Interesting. Up until the internet this footage was rare most folks had no idea what the real rebel yell sounded like. Even if you watch reenactors a lot of them get it wrong, it's supposed to sound more like an Indian war whoop rather than a roar.

I had no idea until I saw that video. She listened to it again a bit ago, and with a few of the different veterans doing it, she is absolutely positive that is the sound she heard. And I was wrong on her location, she was actually in the area of Plum Run and the Wheat Fields.

Link Posted: 5/24/2012 2:41:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Banjaxed:

It's 2:43 am.

I awaken in darkness lit only by the flickering light from the television. I fell asleep in the basement den again and now in my dreary haze some tv preacher is trying to sell me a book while his 1-800 number flashes on the screen. I reach for the remote to silence this obnoxious man and suddenly reason sets in......"something startled me awake". While I sift through the foggy thoughts of my half asleep brain I hear a loud "thud" on the floor above me."That's what awoke me" I think. Must be the girlfriend just getting home from work but she's off pretty early tonight. It is her third week of over time though so they probably cut her out asap. The hospital had been short handed and she, wanting the extra money volunteered for any extra shift she could get.

Just as I'm about to call out to her I hear another loud thud above me, then another and another, four in all. After a brief moment of silence more thuds, lots of thuds. They increase in speed and loudness forming a distinct rhythm almost like.....dancing. As this continues the speed increases, faster and faster until the tempo is at a pace no human moves at. I lay there listening wondering just what the fuck she is doing up there. "Hey, what the hell are you doing up there?" I yell. Still half asleep and now irritated. The pounding stops followed by silence. I await for her reply but none follows. As I strained to hear her retort I instead hear foot steps coming towards the basement door...two sets of foot steps to be exact. Now I'm starting to think on a more cognitive level and wonder if yelling was such a good idea.

I jump from the couch and listen as the foot steps go all the way to the door and stop. In the silence I hear everything now, including my own breathing and the pounding of my heart. The door hinges creak as somebody swings the door open. I'm suddenly certain my girlfriend is not at the top of those stairs. I start backing away towards the far rear wall. There is no other exit from this basement. Frantically I scan the room for a weapon as the foot steps start down the stairs. Nothing suitable for a weapon lays before me and I am still slowly backing away to a dead end. I look up the stairwell and now I get my first glimpse of my intruder and my brain does not comprehend what my eyes are telling it. A grotesquely misshapen man on all fours walking like a crab descends the stairs. Nearly nude save for a few threads of a shirt and shorts. No shoes and his feet and hands are red and swollen to absurd size. His back is contorted, humped and his head hangs limply before him. Just dangling like dead weight. His leg and arm muscles are huge though and he moves with a precision unthinkable for a person in the position. I frantically feel around behind me for the knob to the laundry room door. Once in my grasp I thrust it open and dive in slamming it shut before me. Whatever the fuck that is I don't want to face it.

As I stand there bracing the door shut it pounds away threatening to batter down the frame. It's pounding slowly begins to take on a rhythm. The same rhtym it pounded away  upstairs. This goes on for what felt like hours. Non stop pounding on the door in rhtym as I exhausted myself bracing against it keeping that thing out. Then after I felt I could take no more and was about to give up and face the thing....silence. I listened for what felt like an eternity before cracking the door open to see that it was gone. An even longer eternity passed before I worked up the nerve to to check upstairs. The sliding back door was wide open but otherwise it appeared to be gone. I flopped down on a chair exhausted. I briefly considered calling the police but what the hell would I tell them? That some dancing ghoul broke into my home and held me captive with dance all night? I didn't believe it myself. Then there was that rhythm. How did it go again? As I thought about it I began to tap my fingers on the table. After a few moments of pondering I realized I was tapping out that rhythm on my table. "It's really not so bad actually. It's kind of catchy really".

So I got down on all fours and started dancing to it.

lol

Link Posted: 5/24/2012 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]

(snip)

Sound like this?

You can still hear this every Friday night in the Fall, at high school football stadiums across the South.

Link Posted: 5/24/2012 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
I think my Dad searched out and bought every Bates Hotel looking house we ever lived in.

In 1965 we moved from Astoria, OR. to Portland, Or. This house was big and was built around the 20's or 30's. We only lived there a couple of months before we moved to California but it wasn't soon enough.

One night we all went to bed (there were my parents and us 4 kids living there at the time) after watching one of the four TV channels. I was already in the bedroom and my younger Brother was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. The lights were still on in the room and in the hallway.

I'm thinking it's taking my Brother Jim a long time to brush his teeth. I start to get out of the bed to tell him to hurry up. When the closet door slowly starts to open. The door to the hallway is right next to the closet door. And I'm trying to figure if I can get out that Bastard before that door opens another inch. But I can't move. I'm frozen. Nothing I can do will make my legs move.

The door continues to swing open. It's a quarter open now. There's no light in there. This house is old remember.

Now the door is half way open and I can see a shape and it's Black. Not "there's no light black". I talking the Sun has gone out Black. I can see the rest of the closet behind it.

I was wearing my Superman pajamas at time. And now they are soaked thru with the sweat that is rolling off of me. My throat fills raw from screaming. But no sound is coming out.

As the door opens fully, I see the Blackness in the closet is in the shape of a man. I see it's eyes. But there are no eyes just holes. Just like looking into burning coals or Hell. When it raised one arm at me is when the sound finally escaped my throat.

The closet door slammed shut so loud. It sounded like the wall was being torn out. My Father came running in (along with the rest of the family) mad as hell about the noise. I told him what had happened. He went to the closet and tried to open it. But it was stuck. It took him a couple of hard yanks for it to come loose. When he opened it he saw that the door jam had been busted and one of the hinges was bent.

That was the only thing I know of the happened in that house. We moved two weeks later.

Ed

When I was around 4 or 5 years old, I had a recurring "nightmare" of sorts that would often leave me shouting for my parents down the hall in the dead of night.

Only problem with this "nightmare" though, is that I don't think I was dreaming.  I'm pretty sure I was wide awake.

I would be laying there in bed, in pitch darkness, with the bedroom door open, onto a view of the hallway that passed the other bedrooms.  The entire house was in total darkness.

I would see the figure of a man appear in the hallway and start coming down the hall towards my open bedroom door, then enter the bedroom.

Now here's the thing: the figure of the "man" was so black that it stood out in stark relief against the total, pitch blackness of the surrounding darkness.  Almost as if you were looking at the shadow of a man against a wall on an extremely bright sunny day, except in this case the blackness of the shadow was so dark that it was readily visible even against a background of total darkness.

Usually when the figure entered my room I would start shouting for my parents, and it would disappear.

That was the only time I had seen that thing. I had never dreamed of something like it either, Thank God. I hadn't even thought about for years till this thread. The last time I told it to someone was my Late Wife when we were living in the our first haunted house in 1995.

Ed

Link Posted: 5/24/2012 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Look up hypnagogia.
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#14]

lol the facility I used to work at (which conducts medical training) has cadavers in it... in all stages of dissection...
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Look up hypnagogia.

Interesting. Sounds like some things I had as a kid.

I used to read a lot as a kid. Mostly comic books.

As I dosed off, all I could think of was the stories I had read. The comics seemed to come alive. I would snap awake.

As I got older thankfully this happened less and less. But the stories would still replay in my mind most of the night.

The problem being that I had full recall of everything I read and things that I saw. A bonus on test and in Court. But not so much when trying to get to sleep.

I did find a cure for this. But not one I would recommend.

Ed

Link Posted: 5/27/2012 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#16]
When I was in college,  my girlfriend got a call from her mother and then from her sister 5 minutes after.  Her sister was freaked out and the mother was too.
Her sister was a new college freshman and she and her new roomates decided to use a Uoijia (SP?) board one night.  Apparently they contacted some soul
who apparenlty knew her sisters name, so eventually they asked what is your name.  The reply was I dont have a name.  
Who are you?    I am your sister.  I am a year older than you.

So the next day her sister called her mom and she told her about what the Uoija board had told her.
So her mother told her about the miscarraige she had a year a year before she was born.
Her mother and father had never told anyone.
Needless to say, they were all wierded out, including myself.

Link Posted: 5/27/2012 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By unclejoe900:
When I was in college,  my girlfriend got a call from her mother and then from her sister 5 minutes after.  Her sister was freaked out and the mother was too.
Her sister was a new college freshman and she and her new roomates decided to use a Uoijia (SP?) board one night.  Apparently they contacted some soul
who apparenlty knew her sisters name, so eventually they asked what is your name.  The reply was I dont have a name.  
Who are you?    I am your sister.  I am a year older than you.

So the next day her sister called her mom and she told her about what the Uoija board had told her.
So her mother told her about the miscarraige she had a year a year before she was born.
Her mother and father had never told anyone.
Needless to say, they were all wierded out, including myself.

Only good use for an Ouija board is kindling.

Ed

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#18]
What the hell, it's 11:40pm. I'm feeling froggy. How about a bump?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 1:31:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lsujim] [#19]
After reading this thread, I must now try to sleep.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 5:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#20]

<––––-

What the hell, it's 11:40pm. I'm feeling froggy. How about a bump?

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I have yet another lame not very creepy story to relate, but this thread must live.
Walked over to my uncle's house last weekend to get my aunt's mail.  About halfway down the road I see him standing out in his yard, looking at my cousin's convertible.  Looked like he was checking the tires.  Anyway, before I got to his house, he disappears inside the house.  Went up to the door and find that it's locked, so I knock.  I was wondering why he locked the door, since there's no way he didn't see me coming down the road.
He claimed very ardently that he was not outside, and he recently has been pretty sick in bed with pneumonia (he does have emphysema and a lot of breathing problems lately).
Then, on Sunday I was going to my sister's house with my dad, when we see my uncle drive by in the convertible.  He waves at us as we go by, and both of us mention that it was him.  So my crazy great aunt calls him to ask him about it, and he claims that he hasn't been out of the house because he's ill.
So, I'm thinking that either my uncle is lying about being outside, that these and other oddities are just cases of mistaken identity, or my sick uncle has a doppelgänger running around while he's bedridden.
I can't think of a reason why he would lie about little things like that, and I've always thought doppelgängers were a really interesting phenomenon.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an addition for this thread, it's not the scariest thing in the world, but I remember it pretty vividly.

When I was around 15 or 16 we lived in a trailer, and my uncle who was a bit down on his luck was living with us for awhile (he had drug problems, alcohol, you name it)
anyway he had some book he had been reading and left it under the couch where he was sleeping wtih just a corner sticking out. One day nobody else was home but me, and I get this weird feeling like I was NOT alone in the house (trailer)
it wasn't very big so I went through every closet and room, checked under beds, etc. nobody else was there with me. After awhile of wondering why I felt so uneasy I see the corner of this book sticking out from under the couch and the feeling intensified, I was feeling REALLY uneasy now.

So I gather up the courage to grab the thing and take it outside and dump it in the trashcan, I didn't dare open it or even read the cover (to this day I couldn't tell you what it was titled, or what was in it)
so after dumping it in the trash and feeling better about being inside by myself, I'm sitting in the living room and hear 3 LOUD booms on the other end of the trailer, like a giant was pounding on the wall, it was so loud/powerful that it rattled windows on the other side of the house where I was at, and I could FEEL it reverberate through the trailer. It was dusk and I immediately ran outside and looked down the length of the house, nobody there, and did a full 360 around it at full speed, nobody there, hell nobody in the little cul de sac we lived in was even outside.
so now i'm REALLY freaked out, and sat outside for the next hour + until someone else came home.

a few days later I'm again alone by myself, and I walk into the living room, and that same fucking book is sticking out from under the couch exactly as it was a few days prior. I threw it out a 2nd time and stayed with a friend until everyone else got home.
I don't know how that book got back to where it was, I never told anyone I threw it away, I guess logic would say he found it in the trash and put it back, but I'm not sure about that one. Anyway after that I never saw it again and didn't experience anything else unusual.
kinda lame, but scary at the time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Murooka:
Originally Posted By Banjaxed:
I moonlight as a paramedic and working EMS you will see all kinds of creepy and fucked up things. Every shift I go in I do so with the knowledge that there is a good chance my face will be the last or first thing a person sees as they leave or enter this world. The one that sends a chill up my spine though happened last year while I was still doing clinicals. We received a call to a nursing home for a unresponsive 87 year old woman. When we picked her up it was obvious she was not long for this world. She coded three times on us before we got her to the ER. What freaked me out though was when she became responsive briefly during transport. I was starting an IV and she just sprang to life, grabbed my arm with a strength unholy for a frail old woman, looked me square in the eye and in a raspy, guttural way quietly screamed my name. The look in her eyes was unlike anything I had seen before or since. It felt like she was starring straight into my soul.

What is so disturbing about that is that during no point had I introduced myself to her as she was unresponsive. Also being a dumb student I had forgotten my ID badge that day as well. I had never worked her before as a patient, nor meet her that I can recall in any capacity. Could be she mistook me for somebody else by the same name but it sure seemed meant for me. She died less than an hour after admission. To this day I still remember everything about that call like it just happened and it makes my blood run cold to remember her face and the way she called to me. Sometimes I close my eyes and still see that face.

She fades in and out of this world, and you don't think that maybe something came back with her?
I hope you're a praying man. It knew your name.

Oh yes, Thank you sooooo much. Now I won't be able to sleep.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Shit I hate you guys. I quite literally almost just put a tseries ranger into my next door neighbor. Normally this stuff doesn't bother me, but it's dead quiet in my apartment because my TV started acting up when I started to read this damn thing so I turned it off. I'm on like page 4 and I got up to piss, and then hear this squeaking noise. I write it off, but then it happens again, so I shake and put it away, and pull the Glock out from under the bathroom counter. Take a deep breath and lean around the corner gun first, just in time to see the door shut. I start walking towards the door, gun up, Coming up on the corner where the entrance to one of the bed room's is and i hear a tiny squeak in the floor. Next thing I know, this little 4 year old kid jumps out and God stopped my finger from plugging him. He looks at me, ignores the gun and says "Shhh we playing hide and seek!' His dad then beats on the door, stops my heart again and gives me just enough time to hide my gun behind my back before he pokes his head in asking if I've seen his kid who is now trying desperately to hide behind me to win his game of hide and seek.

Again - I hate you all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Darkhorse55:
Shit I hate you guys. I quite literally almost just put a tseries ranger into my next door neighbor. Normally this stuff doesn't bother me, but it's dead quiet in my apartment because my TV started acting up when I started to read this damn thing so I turned it off. I'm on like page 4 and I got up to piss, and then hear this squeaking noise. I write it off, but then it happens again, so I shake and put it away, and pull the Glock out from under the bathroom counter. Take a deep breath and lean around the corner gun first, just in time to see the door shut. I start walking towards the door, gun up, Coming up on the corner where the entrance to one of the bed room's is and i hear a tiny squeak in the floor. Next thing I know, this little 4 year old kid jumps out and God stopped my finger from plugging him. He looks at me, ignores the gun and says "Shhh we playing hide and seek!' His dad then beats on the door, stops my heart again and gives me just enough time to hide my gun behind my back before he pokes his head in asking if I've seen his kid who is now trying desperately to hide behind me to win his game of hide and seek.

Again - I hate you all.

Not our fault your neighbor is a fucking idiot.
Now lock your door.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WanderingOisin:
I have yet another lame not very creepy story to relate, but this thread must live.

Walked over to my uncle's house last weekend to get my aunt's mail.  About halfway down the road I see him standing out in his yard, looking at my cousin's convertible.  Looked like he was checking the tires.  Anyway, before I got to his house, he disappears inside the house.  Went up to the door and find that it's locked, so I knock.  I was wondering why he locked the door, since there's no way he didn't see me coming down the road.

He claimed very ardently that he was not outside, and he recently has been pretty sick in bed with pneumonia (he does have emphysema and a lot of breathing problems lately).

Then, on Sunday I was going to my sister's house with my dad, when we see my uncle drive by in the convertible.  He waves at us as we go by, and both of us mention that it was him.  So my crazy great aunt calls him to ask him about it, and he claims that he hasn't been out of the house because he's ill.

So, I'm thinking that either my uncle is lying about being outside, that these and other oddities are just cases of mistaken identity, or my sick uncle has a doppelgänger running around while he's bedridden.

I can't think of a reason why he would lie about little things like that, and I've always thought doppelgängers were a really interesting phenomenon.

I am not sure if this counts as a doppleganger, but if not it's close.

Back in the '70s I had a CB radio- like almost everyone else. In our small city we had a CB club. Mostly just bs'ing, fox hunts and general goofing off.
There were a few older people that would talk on their home radios, and I was "friends" with one. She was about 50 or older, which to my 18 year old understanding made her a dinosaur. One day she invited me to come to her house and see her new flowers. Everyone knew she had a greenhouse out back and was really into flowers. Since we had never met face to face she gave me directions.
I found her house easily and knocked on her door. She opened it and almost fainted. I thought she was having some kind of fit, but she recovered. When I asked if she was OK she could barely talk and just dragged me into her living room. I was started to get weirded out a little until she showed me a picture- of me. It was a guy in Army uniform and I swear it was like looking in the mirror.
She finally managed to tell me who he was. Her daughter was engaged to the soldier and was stationed in Germany. They were getting married as soon as he came home in 6 months or so.
A little later her daughter walked in the door, saw me and ran and jumped onto my lap and started kissing me. Her mother just started laughing and the daughter asked her what was up. When I said that I really didn't mind but she was making a mistake she jumped across the room scared to death.
It took a few minutes for her to calm down enough for her mother to explain. Apparently I looked exactly like him but sounded nothing like him. We all ended up having a long laugh and they took pics with me to send to him.
I didn't think it was eery- just weird. I wish I had stayed in touch with them. I wonder if we still look alike.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:48:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#27]
NVM.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:53:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sleepy1988] [#28]
Bump.  

Scary things happen in summer too, right?

ETA:Do you mind if I ask why you removed your story, 6Win2?  I read the entire thing before you did.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Sleepy1988:
Bump.  

24/7/365.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Bump.  

ETA:Do you mind if I ask why you removed your story, 6Win2?  I read the entire thing before you did.

Makes me sad.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Got to the end of this thread and fucking lightning struck so close to my house my car alarm went off

fuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUCK that shit is NOT cool

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Bump.  

Makes me sad.

I guessed so.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Darkhorse55:

Again - I hate you all.

Fuck that.

Should have started a thread with that one.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By pepperbelly:

I am not sure if this counts as a doppleganger, but if not it's close.

Back in the '70s I had a CB radio- like almost everyone else. In our small city we had a CB club. Mostly just bs'ing, fox hunts and general goofing off.

There were a few older people that would talk on their home radios, and I was "friends" with one. She was about 50 or older, which to my 18 year old understanding made her a dinosaur. One day she invited me to come to her house and see her new flowers. Everyone knew she had a greenhouse out back and was really into flowers. Since we had never met face to face she gave me directions.

I found her house easily and knocked on her door. She opened it and almost fainted. I thought she was having some kind of fit, but she recovered. When I asked if she was OK she could barely talk and just dragged me into her living room. I was started to get weirded out a little until she showed me a picture- of me. It was a guy in Army uniform and I swear it was like looking in the mirror.

She finally managed to tell me who he was. Her daughter was engaged to the soldier and was stationed in Germany. They were getting married as soon as he came home in 6 months or so.

A little later her daughter walked in the door, saw me and ran and jumped onto my lap and started kissing me. Her mother just started laughing and the daughter asked her what was up. When I said that I really didn't mind but she was making a mistake she jumped across the room scared to death.

It took a few minutes for her to calm down enough for her mother to explain. Apparently I looked exactly like him but sounded nothing like him. We all ended up having a long laugh and they took pics with me to send to him.

I didn't think it was eery- just weird. I wish I had stayed in touch with them. I wonder if we still look alike.

Back in college, there was some guy that looked just like me.  Apparently, friends of mine would mistakenly approach him and friends of his would approach me.  We never met though, lol.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#35]
I love or hate this thread, not sure.  

Anyway.  When I was just out of the Marines in the early 2000's I was living with my parents.  The house was built around an old farmhouse basement, kind of like a new house on top and one side.  They even made a new basement next to the basement of the old farmhouse. One night about 10pm  I was working out in the "new" basement, finished and come upstairs to get a drink and go to bed.  I looked into the living (over the "old" basement) and saw an older guy cross the living room.  He was dressed strangely, with plaid flannel shirt and dark blue denim jeans.  His hair was gray and combed over to one side.  I thought it was my dad at first, though my dad looks nothing like that and was on the 3rd floor asleep.  I wasn't scared, just taken aback when I lost sight of him when he got to the "new" side of the house.  I mentioned this to my mom and she said she had seen the old man in near our shop and he was dressed the same way.
    My sister came home one day and come in and said, " What's Dad doing out in the shop and why is he dressed so strange?"  I asked her what she meant and she said with the flannel shirt and dark blue denim pants.  I said Dad wasn't home...  We all saw him except my Dad and there was no scarieness, but you might hear a noise in the night or have a light be on when you knew you shut it off.  I often wonder if that was the old farmer or what.  Sorry for the wall of text.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Speaking of doppelgangers.....

About 15 or 16 years ago, I was commuting home in the afternoon during rush hour. This was on north-bound International Parkway, coming out of the north end of DFW Airport into Flower Mound.

Traffic was stop and go. It seemed like only a handfull of cars was making it through each light-change. I began to notice the driver in the Blazer in front of me acting as if he was very agitated. He kept looking in his reaview mirror and I started to suspect he was getting extremely pissed at me for some reason, even thought I had been well back from his rear bumper from the beginning. He seemed to stay agitated, almost hopping up and down, so the next time traffic moved forward a few yards, I edged to the left slightly so I might get a glimpse of him in this side mirror. I did and what I saw was me. My face, same hair and same mustache. It was me and like I was looking at myself in a mirror. It had the guy in front of me totally feaking out. I wasn't freaked because I was used to seeing my face. They like to say everyone has a double. Some other guy and I saw ours that day.

Sorry, nor scary and probably not paranormal but I thought it was unusual enough to mention.
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump. This thread is gold. I hate you all. Post more.
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I dare anyone reading this...

...to NOT...

look behind them....

Link Posted: 6/11/2012 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sauerpauer:
Speaking of doppelgangers.....

About 15 or 16 years ago, I was commuting home in the afternoon during rush hour. This was on north-bound International Parkway, coming out of the north end of DFW Airport into Flower Mound.

Traffic was stop and go. It seemed like only a handfull of cars was making it through each light-change. I began to notice the driver in the Blazer in front of me acting as if he was very agitated. He kept looking in his reaview mirror and I started to suspect he was getting extremely pissed at me for some reason, even thought I had been well back from his rear bumper from the beginning. He seemed to stay agitated, almost hopping up and down, so the next time traffic moved forward a few yards, I edged to the left slightly so I might get a glimpse of him in this side mirror. I did and what I saw was me. My face, same hair and same mustache. It was me and like I was looking at myself in a mirror. It had the guy in front of me totally feaking out. I wasn't freaked because I was used to seeing my face. They like to say everyone has a double. Some other guy and I saw ours that day.

Sorry, nor scary and probably not paranormal but I thought it was unusual enough to mention.

My brother has a pic of his son at 17. The pic is sort of a 45 degree angle of his face, but he's grinning and his eyes are turned toward the camera.

This pic looks EXACTLY like my father at almost the same age... in 1942 or so!
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I posted this in the other thread a few years ago, but perhaps it is worth re-telling.

When I was about 19 years old a girl I had been dating for awhile were coming back from the movies, and since it was before curfew, we had some time to spare. There were several places to park on the way home, but one was a few miles from her house and offered a good view of various roads and was at the top of a hill that was at dead end. I never really liked the spot for some reason, but it was convenient and "safe". As I'm driving my old '75 Malibu I ask the girl if she wants to go there for a while. She agrees and we head down the gravel road. Even before I spoke to her about going there, I had an unusual feeling of just not being too interested in the upcoming escapades. Logically I did not want to go, but physically I did...the physical part won-out.  

We drive-up there in my old three speed Malibu, all the while this sense of dread building. It was a very strange feeling and hard to describe, but more or less the feeling was that I shouldn't be going up there, but I keep going, and finally get to the spot. I turn the old Malibu around and back up a bit, put it in gear, shut-off the engine and lock the doors. About this time I look at the girl and the car shakes...like somebody pushed down real hard on the rear bumper (I had new shock BTW). I think to myself that maybe the car rolled back a bit and went into the small ditch that I knew was back there. After I think this, it happens again...I'm like WTF is going on...then it happens a third time. At this point it's time to haul butt, I start the car (and it starts the first crank), make sure it's in first and procede to make a speedy exit. I then look briefly look in my rear-view mirror, I didn't really want to look, but I looked anyhow. It may or may not have been my imagination, but there seemed to be this large...as big as the back of a Chevy Malibu large black, human like form back there...I still can't explain it, but the worst thing was the sense of dread. This sense of dread seamed to permeate the car, the air the space around me...very strange feeling. As we made it closer to her house I said "I had a bad feeling about going up there". She said she did too, but who knows. All I know is that feeling stayed with me on the way to her house and all the way to my grandmother's house where I was staying that night. I even looked in my back seat a few times on my way to my grandmother's, at which point the feeling faded away.

I have never had that feeling before or since. It's hard to describe, maybe impossible to accurately describe, but I guess you could just say it was a complete feeling of despair, emptiness and possibly evil. So, if there is a moral to the story, go with you instincts and if you start to get a feeling similar to what I have described, change your course and/or behavior.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 9:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDrifting] [#41]
i guess it's time for mine.

to start this off, i neither believe or disbelieve in ghosts, i'm a pretty rational person (at least when i'm not talking about the zombie apocolypse,) i've never seen a ghost or spirit or whatever, only had some strange feelings and such.

so my family owns a cabin in Murphy, NC. The town has a lot of history, no wars took place there during the civil war, but afterwards alot of the soldiers came into the town and started working the mills and such, The place used to be pretty well populated with cherokee indians too, hence it being cherokee county.

anyways, our cabin is in the outskirts of the town, in a valley, most of the houses are pretty far spaced out. One of my first times there my parents took me to this area down the road about a mile from the cabin, all i saw in the brush was a chimney standing tall by itself. We got out and looked at it and saw a foundation of an old house and a small staircase which used to lead inside. My rents tell me that back in the 50's or so some guy lived there who would abduct young girls and bring them back to the house, put them in the basement and torture them, with medical like tools. From what i gathered the townspeople caught wind and decided to exact vengeance on their own terms and in a mob like fashion came to his house and burn the place to the ground killing the guy (places like that a while back didnt rely too heavily on the justice system).

well as i'm walking around the grounds i come across the stairs leading into the ground and am like OOHHH SHIITT, but due to it not being covered the place was completely flooded  to the top of the stairs. impossible to see in the water, and i wouldn't get anywhere close to it just because it didn't feel right, kinda wondered what you would find down there if you had scuba gear and insane amount  of lighting. anyways, my parents said some people say that driving or walking by that area at night they randomly hear old 50's music coming from the area of the house.

i have never ventured to this area at night since when it gets dark there it gets DARK. most of the time the moon is shut out by the wooded area so you literally have zero visibility, and i'm not about to go up in that shit.

(i have never been able to verify this story, probably folklore)

my other story happened on this past saturday while me, my gf and parents were spending our last day of vacation there. I bring my two pugs with me who are retarded but i love anyways. me and my gf bunked in the basement so we had our own area. the basement was only partially underground and the other half had two doors and a set of sliding glass doors that led out into the yard and creek. Our first night there while we're starting to fall asleep my younger pug starts going beserk barking at one of the sidelights next to the front door( the blinds didnt come down all the way so she could see out).

now this immediately brought back memories of our last trip there because every night we tried to sleep my pug would start growling and barking at the doors or sliders, and then whimpering and growling more, but like a scared growl. when she started doing it this time we bought just though "great not again".

now as far as intruders go i wasn't too worried. my dad had his SIg and .410 upstairs, and downstairs i had my Beretta Px4, ar15, and m1 garand, my gf also had her ar15.
so i quietly make my way to the sidelight and get down on all fours and look out. i dont see shit. so i turn on the outside light and still, nothing. my pug starts growling again and i look where her line of sight is and shes literally looking right outside maybe 4 ft from the sidelight. we convince ourselves its nothing but still have an uneasy feeling and to keep the dog from getting annoying i do the logical thing and take cushions from the couch and use them to block the sidelights.

this seemed to do the job, but i kept the beretta within reach of where i slept. the rest of the night the dog would pace around the room like it was keeping watch and protecting us (while annoying the shit out of us), while the fat one laid in his bed and slept like a baby.

fast forward a few days, its about 5pm, me and the gf are upstairs watching tv with the dogs, and my rents are outside fishing in the creek for rainbow. we always keep the door to the basement closed, i dont know why but my mom even locks it behind her, but she freaks out about anything. so we are on the couch and i notice movement out of the corner of my eye and snap my head in that direction and see the basement door slowly opening. i elbow the gf, and cant say a word other than "look" and we both just stare as it opens all the way and just sits like that.

now i'm starting to feel some anxiety and look to the front door to the .410 sitting beside it and wonder how quick i could make the grab. eventually my dad comes up about 10 minutes later and we forget it happens.

through all the times i had to go downstairs to grab shit, i always felt something watching me through the doors, one instance on our last day while i was down there alone packing as i walked by the door i literally froze and felt terrified. i reached into my pocket and pulled out my kershaw knife i keep on me and just sit there. waiting, expecting something to confront me. after what seems like an eternity i shake my head and make my way upstairs. but i walk sideways because i was too scared to put my back to the basement.

now fast forward to the last night there.

to give some history on this plot of land it used to be an old mill, either textile or steel, i'm not sure but theres a huge landmark thing in our yard, and one can only imagine how many "accidents" happened at those kinda places back in the 1800's. also theres a large rock in our yard that memorializes someone named "BIlly Dockery" and its a nice engraving and has a picture of a trout. seemed kinda iinteresting, the town is full of dockery's and they're probably the largest family there. onto the point the land seems to have a lot of history so who knows what happened there.

as we are all packed and ready to go,we get to bed around 1am, all guns in the trunk of the tdi jetta, other than my beretta which is right by my side. dog starts growling. i smack it and it jumps on the bed to sleep but spend a long while just sitting there looking around. gf took sleeping pills and is knocked out by this point.

i lay down and start to drift in and out, a few times i thought i heard female whispers, but played it off as the history channel that was on in the background. i finally fall asleep for about an hour until i hear a loud BANG!!! i jump up and grabbed the beretta and sat there wondering what the fuck it was and where it came from.

now by the house theres a rickety bridge that when people drive over it the metal face hits on other metal and makes a loud metallic bang. i convince myself it was this but then realize it was one bang that woke me, not two (when cars go over the bangs as each set of tires goes over a certain part) I get up look out a curtain, nothing there i lay back down. by this time my pugs are snoring and its impossible to get back to sleep. i lay for a while listening, and eventually drift off around 3am or so.

so comes 545am my gf wakes me and says "i cant sleep". half dazed i reply "sorry" and i fall back asleep like an ass. 15 minutes later she shakes me a little harder and says "i'm really scared i keep hearing things". i am wide wake now wondering what has her shaken and she says to listen. we hear some weird water drop sounds coming from inside the basement and i say "water heater" but i have no idea. she said footsteps woke her up. and every morning at exactly 545am footsteps from upstairs has woken her up. and they pace for a little bit and then stop.

her first thought was the rents using the bathroom, but there was never a flush so that wasn't it. we sit for a while until its 630 and say fuck it and jump in the car and head back to FL. no need to stay any longer at that point. at work today asked my father if the place may be haunted, he just shrugged, but said a co worker of ours who stayed up there also claimed the same thing, they rent the cabin out all year long save the two weeks they usually go, but i dont think any renters have made any inquiries like that. maybe i'll read the comment cards next time lol. my dad watches the stupid sasquatch show on syfy, and laughs and says its him. he said the people on the show calls areas like that "squatchy" lol.

so yea, nothing crazy just alot of weird feelings. sorry about the lengthy post guys.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Why does this thread always become active at night?

It's pouring down rain here and the lights are turned out.

Shit...
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#43]
It's raining here too. Just had to pick up pizza and fog was rolling in hard
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I was at my Great Uncle's farm in Turlock, CA, and found his week-old rotting corpse on the floor in his kitchen......... I walked over and told his neighbors to call the police.

I was in Silver Spring, MD at the time.

This actually happened. I don't really understand how, though...
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#45]
my grandpa died 4 months before i was born
when i was 1 or 2 and my little brother a newborn we were at my grandmas house playing in the basement with  my mom and grandma sitting on the couch
im on the ground with my little brother playing when they said all of the sudden i stand up and point to the stairs and say hi grandpa and sit back down and continue playing
my brother and i shared a room until we were in our teens and we both have memories of our grandpa coming in our rooms at night to visit us and we never talked about it even to each other until we were both about 20 then it came out that we both had memories of him visiting us.  we both can finish stories that our family tells us about him.  not like hey ive heard this story before like most of the time we can finish it like it happened to us.  it was never a scary presence but its a presence i can feel sometimes still when im alone and usually its at my grandmas house.

another story

my first semester in college i had my classes setup so i would only go to school 3 days a week and i had alot of time off and time alone at home our house was a split level house that was basically 3 stories plus a basement 2 bedrooms upstairs the kitchen and living room in the middle a small living room and bedroom downstairs and a basement
i was sitting on my computer on the middle floor and had sight of the 2 sets of stairs one up and one down.  i am completely alone in the house.  out of the corner of my eye i see someone run down from the top floor and turn and dart downstairs.  the lady who owned the house before us was super paranoid and had auto locking double layered windows with screens that dont open.  so i jump up and shout at this person and chase him down the stairs.  the basement door is open and the lights are off.  my bedroom is the one on this floor and that door is closed so i close the basement door and open my door to look and the room is empty and the windows are closed so i figure this person is in the basement.  so i grab my .22 bolt action and flashlight and go to check the basement. i open the door and turn on the light no noise or anything.  as i procede down the stairs there is stuff knocked over like someone had knocked them over running into a dark basement.  there are no windows at all.  there is no one in the basement. there is the worst feeling of fear and evil in the basement but there isnt anyone in there. after i realized that there really wasnt anyone in the basement i freaked out and ran out of the basement and wouldnt go down there for a week or two.  the basement was my little brothers room and i never told him about my experience there.  still dont like to go down there alone
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dirtroad03:
I posted this in the other thread a few years ago, but perhaps it is worth re-telling.

When I was about 19 years old a girl I had been dating for awhile were coming back from the movies, and since it was before curfew, we had some time to spare. There were several places to park on the way home, but one was a few miles from her house and offered a good view of various roads and was at the top of a hill that was at dead end. I never really liked the spot for some reason, but it was convenient and "safe". As I'm driving my old '75 Malibu I ask the girl if she wants to go there for a while. She agrees and we head down the gravel road. Even before I spoke to her about going there, I had an unusual feeling of just not being too interested in the upcoming escapades. Logically I did not want to go, but physically I did...the physical part won-out.  

We drive-up there in my old three speed Malibu, all the while this sense of dread building. It was a very strange feeling and hard to describe, but more or less the feeling was that I shouldn't be going up there, but I keep going, and finally get to the spot. I turn the old Malibu around and back up a bit, put it in gear, shut-off the engine and lock the doors. About this time I look at the girl and the car shakes...like somebody pushed down real hard on the rear bumper (I had new shock BTW). I think to myself that maybe the car rolled back a bit and went into the small ditch that I knew was back there. After I think this, it happens again...I'm like WTF is going on...then it happens a third time. At this point it's time to haul butt, I start the car (and it starts the first crank), make sure it's in first and procede to make a speedy exit. I then look briefly look in my rear-view mirror, I didn't really want to look, but I looked anyhow. It may or may not have been my imagination, but there seemed to be this large...as big as the back of a Chevy Malibu large black, human like form back there...I still can't explain it, but the worst thing was the sense of dread. This sense of dread seamed to permeate the car, the air the space around me...very strange feeling. As we made it closer to her house I said "I had a bad feeling about going up there". She said she did too, but who knows. All I know is that feeling stayed with me on the way to her house and all the way to my grandmother's house where I was staying that night. I even looked in my back seat a few times on my way to my grandmother's, at which point the feeling faded away.

I have never had that feeling before or since. It's hard to describe, maybe impossible to accurately describe, but I guess you could just say it was a complete feeling of despair, emptiness and possibly evil. So, if there is a moral to the story, go with you instincts and if you start to get a feeling similar to what I have described, change your course and/or behavior.

Strangest thing that has ever happened to me was very similar to this. We had went to see 'Scream' in the theatre about 30 miles from out town. We get back to her parent's house and were sitting in the driveway of her house and were talking. We were actually behaving. My s-10 had been turned off for a good two or three minutes. All of a sudden it felt like a couple of people were sitting in the bed of my truck rocking it back and forth. It only happened once and for only a few seconds, 2-3 at the most. We both jumped like we had been shot and turned around and looked outside of every window. The lights to her house were all on. We see nothing. We lock both doors and I start the truck and turn it around so that we could at least pull out of the driveway if necessary. We saw nothing, heard nothing and experienced nothing more.

Never could figure out why it happened or what it was. But there were no bad feelings or anything. It sure scared the 19 year old version of myself though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By ripcurlksm:

2) I'm racking my brain trying to think about a story when I was a young teenager in the Pine Barrens and marshes in coastal New Jersey. I had been lost in the woods that I knew well for hours with my best friend. Temperature dropped, fog rolled in and we ended up in areas we had never been before. I cant really recall but when we got out I didn't go deep into the woods again for quite some time.

birdsville and I had a run in with a large strange creature

3) Around the age of 14 I was bogey boarding at the local beach and I saw lots of familiar faces in the water over the years. One in particular I had seen many times was an older guy in his mid 20's and was a good surfer and we never spoke or met until later in this story but I had seen him several times. One late summer we had a huge hurricane swell and surf was pounding 12'+ a few HUNDRED yards off the coast. I decided to stay out of the surf that day and played in the water close to the beach. There was a sandbar about 10 yards from the waterline where you could stand in knee-deep water. The water was RIPPING down the coast over the sand bar and I remember looking down through the crystal clear water and seeing dunes shaped by the ripping water. The longer I was there the more comfortable I got and a wave came and I dove under it, then another, then another. Things went bad in a matter of seconds. Turn around swimming and the lifeguard towers are small on the horizon. Fuck. Waves are pounding so hard it was hard to swim because the water was so aerated and foamy. I had to make it to the outside past the breakers or I'm going to get pounded. I'm chaining Hail Mary's and swimming for my life. Finally make it outside and see a surfer, its that guy in his 20's I had seen before. He gives me his surfboard and I swim in and catch a small inside wave in on my stomach and I turn around over my shoulder to see him bodysurfing this huge wave perfectly. I kiss the sand as I hit the beach, he takes his board, 1000x "thank you's" from me and he ran back into the water and paddled out. After this incident I surfed this beach for years afterward and never saw him again. I think he was an angel. For some comic relief, moments later I am walking up the beach looking like a drowned rat and glad to be alive and who do I see but my ex-girlfriend and starts spitting venom at me and I was so glad to be alive I told her to have a great day and just kept walking. She may have had a reason to dislike me. (She broke up with me, then proceeded to try and kick me in the nuts multiple times so I bear hugged her around her waist and put her head first into a nearby garbage can post-haste. Completely unplanned, but funny the way the universe sets you up.)

I drown in a rip current in seaside heights, 1974

Link Posted: 6/12/2012 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
i guess it's time for mine.

to start this off, i neither believe or disbelieve in ghosts, i'm a pretty rational person (at least when i'm not talking about the zombie apocolypse,) i've never seen a ghost or spirit or whatever, only had some strange feelings and such.

so my family owns a cabin in Murphy, NC. The town has a lot of history, no wars took place there during the civil war, but afterwards alot of the soldiers came into the town and started working the mills and such, The place used to be pretty well populated with cherokee indians too, hence it being cherokee county.

anyways, our cabin is in the outskirts of the town, in a valley, most of the houses are pretty far spaced out. One of my first times there my parents took me to this area down the road about a mile from the cabin, all i saw in the brush was a chimney standing tall by itself. We got out and looked at it and saw a foundation of an old house and a small staircase which used to lead inside. My rents tell me that back in the 50's or so some guy lived there who would abduct young girls and bring them back to the house, put them in the basement and torture them, with medical like tools. From what i gathered the townspeople caught wind and decided to exact vengeance on their own terms and in a mob like fashion came to his house and burn the place to the ground killing the guy (places like that a while back didnt rely too heavily on the justice system).

well as i'm walking around the grounds i come across the stairs leading into the ground and am like OOHHH SHIITT, but due to it not being covered the place was completely flooded  to the top of the stairs. impossible to see in the water, and i wouldn't get anywhere close to it just because it didn't feel right, kinda wondered what you would find down there if you had scuba gear and insane amount  of lighting. anyways, my parents said some people say that driving or walking by that area at night they randomly hear old 50's music coming from the area of the house.

i have never ventured to this area at night since when it gets dark there it gets DARK. most of the time the moon is shut out by the wooded area so you literally have zero visibility, and i'm not about to go up in that shit.

(i have never been able to verify this story, probably folklore)

my other story happened on this past saturday while me, my gf and parents were spending our last day of vacation there. I bring my two pugs with me who are retarded but i love anyways. me and my gf bunked in the basement so we had our own area. the basement was only partially underground and the other half had two doors and a set of sliding glass doors that led out into the yard and creek. Our first night there while we're starting to fall asleep my younger pug starts going beserk barking at one of the sidelights next to the front door( the blinds didnt come down all the way so she could see out).

now this immediately brought back memories of our last trip there because every night we tried to sleep my pug would start growling and barking at the doors or sliders, and then whimpering and growling more, but like a scared growl. when she started doing it this time we bought just though "great not again".

now as far as intruders go i wasn't too worried. my dad had his SIg and .410 upstairs, and downstairs i had my Beretta Px4, ar15, and m1 garand, my gf also had her ar15.
so i quietly make my way to the sidelight and get down on all fours and look out. i dont see shit. so i turn on the outside light and still, nothing. my pug starts growling again and i look where her line of sight is and shes literally looking right outside maybe 4 ft from the sidelight. we convince ourselves its nothing but still have an uneasy feeling and to keep the dog from getting annoying i do the logical thing and take cushions from the couch and use them to block the sidelights.

this seemed to do the job, but i kept the beretta within reach of where i slept. the rest of the night the dog would pace around the room like it was keeping watch and protecting us (while annoying the shit out of us), while the fat one laid in his bed and slept like a baby.

fast forward a few days, its about 5pm, me and the gf are upstairs watching tv with the dogs, and my rents are outside fishing in the creek for rainbow. we always keep the door to the basement closed, i dont know why but my mom even locks it behind her, but she freaks out about anything. so we are on the couch and i notice movement out of the corner of my eye and snap my head in that direction and see the basement door slowly opening. i elbow the gf, and cant say a word other than "look" and we both just stare as it opens all the way and just sits like that.

now i'm starting to feel some anxiety and look to the front door to the .410 sitting beside it and wonder how quick i could make the grab. eventually my dad comes up about 10 minutes later and we forget it happens.

through all the times i had to go downstairs to grab shit, i always felt something watching me through the doors, one instance on our last day while i was down there alone packing as i walked by the door i literally froze and felt terrified. i reached into my pocket and pulled out my kershaw knife i keep on me and just sit there. waiting, expecting something to confront me. after what seems like an eternity i shake my head and make my way upstairs. but i walk sideways because i was too scared to put my back to the basement.

now fast forward to the last night there.

to give some history on this plot of land it used to be an old mill, either textile or steel, i'm not sure but theres a huge landmark thing in our yard, and one can only imagine how many "accidents" happened at those kinda places back in the 1800's. also theres a large rock in our yard that memorializes someone named "BIlly Dockery" and its a nice engraving and has a picture of a trout. seemed kinda iinteresting, the town is full of dockery's and they're probably the largest family there. onto the point the land seems to have a lot of history so who knows what happened there.

as we are all packed and ready to go,we get to bed around 1am, all guns in the trunk of the tdi jetta, other than my beretta which is right by my side. dog starts growling. i smack it and it jumps on the bed to sleep but spend a long while just sitting there looking around. gf took sleeping pills and is knocked out by this point.

i lay down and start to drift in and out, a few times i thought i heard female whispers, but played it off as the history channel that was on in the background. i finally fall asleep for about an hour until i hear a loud BANG!!! i jump up and grabbed the beretta and sat there wondering what the fuck it was and where it came from.

now by the house theres a rickety bridge that when people drive over it the metal face his on other metal and makes a loud metallic bang. i convince myself it was this but then realize it was one bang that woke me, not two (when cars go over the bangs as each set of tires goes over a certain part) I get up look out a curtain, nothing there i lay back down. by this time my pugs are snoring and its impossible to get back to sleep. i lay for a while listening, and eventually drift off around 3am or so.

so comes 545am my gf wakes me and says "i cant sleep". half dazed i reply "sorry" and i fall back asleep like an ass. 15 minutes later she shakes me a little harder and says "i'm really scared i keep hearing things". i am wide wake now wondering what has her shaken and she says to listen. we hear some weird water drop sounds coming from inside the basement and i say "water heater" but i have no idea. she said footsteps woke her up. and every morning at exactly 545am footsteps from upstairs has woken her up. and they pace for a little bit and then stop.

her first thought was the rents using the bathroom, but there was never a flush so that wasn't it. we sit for a while until its 630 and say fuck it and jump in the car and head back to FL. no need to stay any longer at that point. at work today asked my father if the place may be haunted, he just shrugged, but said a co worker of ours who stayed up there also claimed the same thing, they rent the cabin out all year long save the two weeks they usually go, but i dont think any renters have made any inquiries like that. maybe i'll read the comment cards next time lol. my dad watches the stupid sasquatch show on syfy, and laughs and says its him. he said the people on the show calls areas like that "squatchy" lol.

so yea, nothing crazy just alot of weird feelings. sorry about the lengthy post guys.

I have some family in murphy (grandmother/aunt/uncle)and remember meeting people with the last name dockery while spending summers there,its crazy and makes your story even creepier.
lots of history there and the woods while beautiful are damn spooky when your out there alone.we still own 40acres on Hanging Dog Road but its been 20yrs since I've been there
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ZedsDeadBaby:
I was at my Great Uncle's farm in Turlock, CA, and found his week-old rotting corpse on the floor in his kitchen......... I walked over and told his neighbors to call the police.

I was in Silver Spring, MD at the time.

This actually happened. I don't really understand how, though...

Wat?
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 11:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDrifting] [#50]
Wow we are on hanging dog rd too! Right next to an area called tranquil valley. Right after wine branch rd.

Man small world! It's amazing how many people I hear live in that area and the population is only around 1600 lolol.
Page / 150
Top Top