BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 150
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cistercian:

I have to agree, It is NOT a good indication.  Living in a violated cemetery can be interesting...to put it mildly.

Worst thing ever? Came home one day and I could not open the front door.
A casket full of dirt prevented me from opening it. That was a bit scary.

My property is fucked. I hate Asheville....
View Quote
Wait, wait, wait.  Just a damn second here.

You can't drop that bomb and then just saunter off.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
Yeah I would have shit myself probably.

It always creeps me out when my dog stares into thin air like he sees something or someone that isn't there.

Hearing a voice on top of that?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49274/NoBear-524113.jpg

Bump for more stories.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Originally Posted By cistercian:
So the dog just started barking and I heard a female voice talking to it. Odd, since
I am home alone. I go to check it out and dog is laying down...and there is no one else
here in the house. I have gotten used to the footsteps upstairs and on the stairs when the
house is empty but this is new...a voice interacting with the dog.

Unless the cat has learned to talk yet another case of my house being haunted as heck.
Had something similar happen one night when I was in highschool. Heard a woman's voice say my dog's name. No one else home. My dog heard it too, and jumped off the couch and stared down into the dark stairwell that the voice came from.

Thankfully I didn't see anything. Not sure how well I would have handled that.
Yeah I would have shit myself probably.

It always creeps me out when my dog stares into thin air like he sees something or someone that isn't there.

Hearing a voice on top of that?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49274/NoBear-524113.jpg

Bump for more stories.
The neighborhood consisted of some cookie-cutter houses right next to where some of the original IBM facilities were and we were told it was all IBM employees who used to live in the houses. So not terribly old, but old enough to possibly have some history, I suppose.

My sister had something similar happen to her around the same time when she was home alone once, too. No one was home when she hopped in the shower. She was expecting friends to come over and then she heard what she thought was our Mom's voice yell her name (and she always said it in a distinct manner when she was yelling it). So my sister assumed Mom had come home from shopping or wherever she was, and that her friends had shown up, thus the yell to let her know. So she yelled back "Be right out". She gets out and no one's home and no one had showed up. Everytime I think of that story, I think of the urban legend about a kid hearing his mother call for him from downstairs, so he starts to head down, when his mother grabs him and says "Don't go down there. I heard that, too."

The voice I heard was very clearly female, but the way it said my dog's name was weird and not familiar to me. It was almost whispered and drawn out. The dog's name was Petie. The voice said "Peeeetiiiiiiie". Just like you'd imagine a creepy voice to sound like.

I have no explanation for it and decided to hide out in my bedroom the rest of the night and watch TV with the dog until someone else came home.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
This entire thread is so amazing.

And I blame it entirely on my new addiction. I used to listen to audiobooks to help me fall asleep when my insomnia is kicking my ass. Lately though ... I've been listening to YouTube vids of creepy stories like many of these read aloud.

If anyone is interested ... these are just a couple of the channels. There are hundreds of different narrators/channels and topics to choose from.

I'm a forest worker and my team stumbled upon something we'll never forget

60+ Terrifying Scary Stories That Will Keep You Up At Night (Compilation) -6 Hours of Scary Stories

Hours and hours worth. Good stuff if you enjoy this thread as much as I do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:27:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wwace] [#4]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.

I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river. It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time, Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Texan6326/Damb.jpg
View Quote
How long did it last?
The only earthly explanation is you could have heard a Myna bird or Parrot.

@EasTexan
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
What was I Scared of? - Dr. Seuss
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Alright, I’ll tell my stories. A virtual hat trick  of the weird.

Cryptozoology…check
UFO…check
Paranormal…check

Here’s the deal though. I absolutely know what one of the instances turned out to be, I’m pretty sure about the second. The third, no idea.

Case 1: Spooky Lights

Late 90s early 00s I was living a few miles east of Yuma AZ. My house, provided by the water district I worked for,  was on the edge of a mesa overlooking the agricultural valley to the north as far as Yuma Proving Grounds. To the south lay the city of Wellton.

One night I decided to drop down off the mesa and into town and pick up some crap from the Circle K. I popped into my bikini top Land Cruiser and headed off along the road edging the mesa going west towards town.

It was around midnightish, and a clear cool spring evening. As I drove I looked north off the top of the mesa and about a mile out, over one of the fields, I saw two red lights. One right over the other, slowly blinking alternately. Blink….blink….blink….blink. No green lights, no white lights. I stopped and watched them both blinking in that one spot for maybe 30 seconds. I turned off my engine to see if I could hear anything. Nothing. Blink…blink…blink.
I watched them another 30 seconds or so and then they went out. Huh, weird. I sat there a few seconds more and all of a sudden the lights came on again, only instead of a mile out they were only 100 yards out to my west and getting closer. So tightened my sphincter, pinched back a turd, started my Toyo and made an 87 point turn back to the house all within about 3 seconds. So I’m haulin ass looking back over my shoulder when a really bright light flashed over me for just a second.  At the same time I heard it. The distinctive sound of a Border Patrol chopper buzzing over my head going from west to east and then south.

I didn’t stop breathing hard until I got back in the house though, having decided to forget Circle K.

So my UFO turned out to be something quite normal.

Case 2: Spooky Sounds

About a year ago my wife and I were backpacking around one of the lakes on the Moggollon Rim. We had stayed one night and were settling in for our second.

We had set ourselves back from the lake about 100 yards up a hill and in some bushes and trees. For shelter we had a NySil tarp for wind break and each had a bivy bag. The ground was mostly duff covered rock. That kind of rock that seems like its just a bunch of flat house sized rocks buried next to each other. It was early May so we had a bit of time before it got dark but not much to do after eating so we both lay in our bags dozing and chatting.

Sometime around 1 am I was awake and adjusting my pads and sleeping bag when I heard a sound like a football sized stone dropping onto that rocky ground , kind of a hollow thump, maybe 30 yards to my 11 o’clock. It was very clear stone on stone sound.  I sat there for a minute listening when I heard my wife moving around. I heard a zipper open and saw her get up, so I whispered, “hey…HEY…” she kept getting up and walked towards our pee-tree which was also at our 11 o’clock.

So I know I should have kept trying to get her attention but I thought if it happens again I’m sure she’ll make her way back to camp sharpish on her own.

No drama, we were back to lying down but I was still wondering what I heard when off to our 2 o’clock and sounding like it was on the other side of the lake I heard a sound like a very deep, resonant bark/woof. Just one…OWFF… Again very resonant but not exceedingly loud.

Next morning we ate, packed up camp and started out. About a half hour on we stopped for some water and I asked my wife if she had heard anything last night. She said she heard some animal sound on the other side of the lake after she went pee but didn’t think much about it. Did she hear the stone? No. She asked me what I thought it was. I told her maybe an elk, I don’t know though, I’ve heard elk in the wild. The woof/bark didn’t sound like elk to me. The stone sound? Hoof on stone? Maybe, I don’t know.

So Case number two: Maybe/probably elk/wildlife but not sure.

Case 3: Weird Ghostly Goat.

This was late 80s. I’m guessing around Holiday season in Yucaipa California. My Grandparents had moved there from Wellton AZ after retirement and for some reason there was a lot of family gathering at there house one evening (which is why I think it was the holiday season).

I was driving along one of the rural/suburb roads to their house. I was dark but early in the evening. These roads had street lights only at the intersections so the rest of the road in between was dark.

So I’m driving along and ahead of me about ¼ mile away I can see a white billy goat in the road just on the left hand side of the road. Now, a lot of folks there had various livestock and having to dodge chickens and such wasn’t a big deal so I just stayed well to the right to avoid hitting him.

As I got closer I noticed he was solid white, like all white except his eyes which were black, black. I thought I’d never seen an animal so white. Then I noticed the closer I got the more transparent he seemed to be getting. The best way to explain it is if you are looking at a goat through a spotting scope and as you increase the magnification the focus disperses until the thing you are looking at disappears.

Same thing, the closer I got the more he dispersed until I was about 2 car lengths away when the whole goat dispersed into a form like a large cloud of wispy cigarette smoke and was gone.

As I drove by where it had been there was nothing but road edge and a house with dim light glowing from behind curtains.

So case 3: Fuck if I know. I never felt scared and I honestly thought it was a goat the whole time right up until I didn’t. No street side run off drains, not any cooler than mid 60s, no vehicles running. I don’t know. I don’t know. Do I think it was a ghostly goat? No, I mean what reason would a goat have to haunt a roadside? I have been unable to come to ANY kind of conclusion on that one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:

It's towards the bottom of page 9 in this thread.
View Quote
Thanks, didn't want to read the whole thread again to find it.
Agree with the poster it was a great one.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By olscruffy:
a coupla months after my Mother passed at the age of 85, I dreamed of her. I know maybe its just the brain looking
for comfort, or maybe she stopped by, I dont know. Anyways, I dreamed i was in my front yard with my wife, near the
mailbox when I realized Mama was standing between me and the house. She was smiling and looked good. I spoke
to her, but she didnt speak. So I walked over to her looking at her and she was looking at me, just smiling. I knew she
was okay, I could tell. I put my arms around her and got to hold her and when I let go, she smiled up at me and it was
over, she was gone.
I dont know if she came back or not, but I know i felt better about her death. I think shes all right.

I`ll admit to cloudin up a little as I write this. Its a good thing.
scruff
View Quote
Scruffy, I had something like your experience happen with my dad. My dad passed at the age of 89 after a bout with pneumonia on December 6, 2012.

About two weeks had passed after dad had died and I had a "waking dream" just before I got up to start my weekend. The reason that this is so vivid of memory is because I stopped having dreams a looooong time ago, or I just don't remember them now. But, I sure remember this one.

Just before I woke up that morning, I saw my dad sitting in a chair, facing me, dressed in his usual pair of jeans and a flannel shirt. I was sitting in a chair, facing him, almost close enough that our knees were almost touching.

What I remember about most about this dream was that dad was grinning / smiling from ear to ear and before I could say anything to him in the dream, it was over. I woke up with tears in my eyes and walked out to the living room and immediately told my wife what had happened.

I think that he came back, somehow, just to let me know that everything was fine and he was okay.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Abbaton:

Scruffy, I had something like your experience happen with my dad. My dad passed at the age of 89 after a bout with pneumonia on December 6, 2012.

About two weeks had passed after dad had died and I had a "waking dream" just before I got up to start my weekend. The reason that this is so vivid of memory is because I stopped having dreams a looooong time ago, or I just don't remember them now. But, I sure remember this one.

Just before I woke up that morning, I saw my dad sitting in a chair, facing me, dressed in his usual pair of jeans and a flannel shirt. I was sitting in a chair, facing him, almost close enough that our knees were almost touching.

What I remember about most about this dream was that dad was grinning / smiling from ear to ear and before I could say anything to him in the dream, it was over. I woke up with tears in my eyes and walked out to the living room and immediately told my wife what had happened.

I think that he came back, somehow, just to let me know that everything was fine and he was okay.
View Quote
Yes. My sister came back to my Mom.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine told me his little daughter was always talking to her imaginary friend while playing. Her imaginary friend's name was Theresa, the same name of my friend's sister who died in a MC accident 5 yrs. earlier.  The little girl never knew Theresa and she hadn't yet been mentioned by anyone around his daughter since it was still such a sad subject that no one brought up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 1:42:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#11]
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
He says he stopped singing for whatever reason and a voice from inside the dark opened closet finished the song. . He and his dad were the only ones in the house.  He said he ran back into the living room and jumped into his dad's lap waking him up.
View Quote
I'm thinking about that scene from the movie "Major Payne" where the little boy is scared about the boogy man in his closet and Major Payne empties his 1911 into the closet door and says, "Weeelll, if he in there, he ain't real happy now!".
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:59:25 AM EDT
[#13]
You realize that guns can't protect you from ghosts and evil spirits, right?

MWU-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
I sometimes think my house on the mountain must be haunted.
On nights when the wind howls it sounds like voices are muttering.
AR-15 & CZ75 loaded & at hand all the time, but I'm thinking it's just the wind. Plus an occasional animal walking across my front deck late at night.
You realize that guns can't protect you from ghosts and evil spirits, right?

MWU-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Maybe not, but the police will know something happened when they see the large like it empty brass....

Txl
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DangerJ:
I assure you there's no spirit or specter in my house that hasn't already seen that.
View Quote
Lolz.

Pretty sure my apartment is safe too.

Fiancee lives in Italy.  She's Italian.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TxLewis:

Maybe not, but the police will know something happened when they see the large like it empty brass....

Txl
View Quote
Pile of?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:54:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jon101] [#16]
Here's a storyfrom dear old England.

My grandfather owned a factory in the town of Wigan, in Lancashire. (that's in the Northwest, sort of between Liverpool and Manchester).
There was a nightwatchman at the place, an older chap called Frank.
Grandad didn't drink, and was a bit of a night owl and, during the holidays or at weekends, often took us kids on late night drives.
He always had big, fast cars, Jags and such.

If you knew where to look, in those days, you could always find a fish and chip shop open at 11.00 or twelve o'clock, and we would buy something to eat later.
As an aside, if you've visited London or any of those hell holes down south, the soggy fucking rubbish they serve in chippies there is nothing like the stuff you'd eat in the North of England where every chip is crisp and fresh fish delivered daily.

Anyway, if we were in the area Grandfather would often buy and drop off a fish supper or something for Frank.
We would always wait in the car while Grandad unlocked the gates and walked down to Frank's cabin.
Frank had served in Burma with my Grandfather, and Grandad always looked after him, although he was a fairly rough sort, which was why we had to stay in the car.

On the last occasion we went, my Grandfather found Frank dead, lying on the floor due to a massive heart attack.
We still ate his steak pudding and chips though.

A few months after, the next security guy, supplied by a private company, wrote in his log that an older guy often came and rattled the gates until he came out.
The old chap would ask him 'Let me know when my fish and chips are here'.
After a few nights of this he told the fellow to roundly fuck off, and he never came back.
My Grandad enquired of him if he'd ever asked the old man his name?.
'Yes,' he said, 'It was Frank, he used to work here apparently'.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jon101:
Here's a storyfrom dear old England.

My grandfather owned a factory in the town of Wigan, in Lancashire. (that's in the Northwest, sort of between Liverpool and Manchester).
There was a nightwatchman at the place, an older chap called Frank.
Grandad didn't drink, and was a bit of a night owl and, during the holidays or at weekends, often took us kids on late night drives.
He always had big, fast cars, Jags and such.

If you knew where to look, in those days, you could always find a fish and chip shop open at 11.00 or twelve o'clock, and we would buy something to eat later.
As an aside, if you've visited London or any of those hell holes down south, the soggy fucking rubbish they serve in chippies there is nothing like the stuff you'd eat in the North of England where every chip is crisp and fresh fish delivered daily.

Anyway, if we were in the area Grandfather would often buy and drop off a fish supper or something for Frank.
We would always wait in the car while Grandad unlocked the gates and walked down to Frank's cabin.
Frank had served in Burma with my Grandfather, and Grandad always looked after him, although he was a fairly rough sort, which was why we had to stay in the car.

On the last occasion we went, my Grandfather found Frank dead, lying on the floor due to a massive heart attack.
We still ate his steak pudding and chips though.

A few months after, the next security guy, supplied by a private company, wrote in his log that an older guy often came and rattled the gates until he came out.
The old chap would ask him 'Let me know when my fish and chips are here'.
After a few nights of this he told the fellow to roundly fuck off, and he never came back.
My Grandad enquired of him if he'd ever asked the old man his name?.
'Yes,' he said, 'It was Frank, he used to work here apparently'.
View Quote
Great story.  
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By yankee43:

Great story.  
Thanks for sharing.
View Quote
I second that emotion.

Great post, Jon.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jon101:

View Quote
See, in America, we would call that a "French Fry."

Great story though!
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the thread that kept me here and I've been trying to find it. Thank you to everyone for keeping it alive.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By yankee43:

Great story.  
Thanks for sharing.
View Quote
+1 good stuff
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#22]
For the last several years of her life, our 19 YO cat would give out a random meow or 3 outside our bedroom door in the middle of the night.

We euthanized her June 14th, as she was failing.
Several days later, my wife and I were both awakened at 2:16 AM by a clear MEOW sounding exactly like her.
My wife said "Did you hear that?" and I said "It's Dustie." Then I said "It's OK Dustie. You can go."
It freaked me out and I couldn't sleep, so I got up.

We have experienced supernatural phenomenon before (poltergeist activity, odors, voices-also witnessed by others in that home at the time), but this was the first occurrence in a couple decades.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#23]
My ex wife and I moved into our new home two weeks after our wedding. The house was built in 1968. Typical suburban ranch home. Nothing creepy about it. We bought it from another young couple and their young son.

The first or second night we were there watching TV we both heard a loud single cough like somebody does if they are clearing their throat. It was right in the room with us. Scared the crap out of us because it was so sudden. We never heard it again. My ex never opened the windows in the house at night. So we wouldn't have heard a neighbor coughing. They would have had to be right against the window. But like I said it sounded like it happened right in the room with us. Not outside.

The couple that had the house before us had a son maybe ten or eleven years old. His room was in the back of the house. And they had another bedroom that was done up as a nursery. But had no little ones. They also had an office in the dining room. Why didn't they turn the nursery into their office? The nursery just had a creepy feeling to it. I always thought they lost a baby and never had the heart to change the nursery to the office. When my wife was expecting we repainted the nursery and made it our own. Much brighter colors. It was a very cheery and happy room when we were done. Then the room started to smell. It smelled like crap. Not all the time . Just at night before putting the baby to bed. Then the smell would go away as quickly as it came. This happened for awhile. I thought the roof had a leak and was leaking into the light fixture and making that yellow fiberglass insulation mold and stink. Or the heat of the lights was causing it to stink. Nope the attic was as dry as a bone. No mold anywhere and the carpet was brand new with fresh padding. After our son grew a up little the smell just never came back.

I have more stories. Even a shadow person that my buddy and I saw at work. And some weird stuff happened to me and co-workers at a bakery that I washed dishes for for extra money late at night.

Nothing bad but I do believe in ghosts and the afterlife after seeing what I have seen.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#24]
The company I work for imports parts and my job is to inspect them. For a long time I was the only QC inspector. We got in a large order of various parts and I needed help inspecting the shipment. My best friend and I work together in the Tech Department. He was going to help me inspect this shipment.

Our company is always growing and we ran out of space. So we rented a smaller warehouse across the street. The shipment was delivered there and then broken down for our inspection. Normally there is only one guy at the other building but it was slow so he was across the street at home base.

We set up makeshift work benches out of pallets and my buddy and I were facing each other. Inspecting our own parts. To my right was another shipment with about sixteen pallets of parts. Four pallets deep by four pallets wide. They were spaced apart about four feet across from each other with enough room to walk around each pallet.

Everything in this building was left in its original boxes. No loose parts or broken down boxes in this building at all.

My buddy and I were working inspecting our parts and BS'ing. It was like in the movies. Something caught our attention at the same time. We both stopped working and turned our heads towards the shipment to my right and we saw a black mist or smoke like figure walking or gliding between the pallets as if it were a person walking between the pallets. It lifted off the ground and floated straight up into the air and it dissipated into the air like smoke. We turned our heads towards each other and said, "What the f*ck was that?"

A few moments later one of the office guys walked into the building and we told him what we saw. He asked his question and left the building. As soon as the door slammed shut it sounded like a massive pile of cardboard boxes fell over in a corner of the warehouse. We ran to the spot we thought we heard the noise and couldn't find anything fallen over. We walked the whole building and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. We don't have any empty boxes in that building so it didn't make sense.

This warehouse always had a reputation for being creepy. The door was always locked and you would be working and the doorbell would ring. Of course you would be on the other side of the building, jump on the hi lo and drive to the door only to find nobody was there. One time it happened and one of the guys was right next to the door. He opened it and nobody was there. There was no way you could ring the bell and get around the building before he opened the door. The guys eventually cut the door bell wires.

I was alone in the front part of the building and I heard foot steps on the roof walk from my end to the other end of the building. I ran outside to see if someone was up there or maybe it was a goose because we have a lot of geese in the area. Nothing. I asked our operations manager if he had scheduled the furnace people out or the roofing guys out and he said, no.

I asked one of the guys who was over there alone alot if he ever felt like he wasn't alone when he obviously was the only one in the building and he said, "Ooooh, yeah! All the time."

I saw one more shadow person at the bakery I used to work at about two years ago. I was loading my delivery in my car. I would leave the building anywhere from 10 P.M to 2 AM depending when I was done cleaning the bakery. I was outside and it was really late. I was walking back in and I saw another black mist or smoke figure that floated up along the outside wall and over the edge of the roof.

Lots of things happened at the bakery at night and during the day to the day crew and to the Jet's Pizza shop next door to us. The bakery is in a strip mall and the Jet's is our neighbor.

One day one of the pizza girls just walks over to our shop and asks if anything weird ever happens in our building? Our girls said, Definitely. They locked up one night only to come in and all the refrigerator doors were open.

Our baker would work late hours alone during the holidays. She said she saw a man walk into the boss's office. She wondered who it was and followed him and nobody was in the office.

The owner's mom complained of the radio changing stations by itself. Sometimes the radio would get staticky for no reason and just tune back in like nothing happened. This happened a few times to me at night.

He didn't believe in ghosts until one day he was making pies at his station. His back is to a rack and you couldn't squeeze between him and the rack. Not even the smallest and skinniest of the girls could fit between them. He was working and in the corner of his eye he thought one of the girls was running towards him so he braced his body for the impact and he turned his head towards her and nobody was there.

I would wash dishes at night alone. I always felt like I wasn't alone. I would see movement in the corner of my eye all the time. Like things walking right behind me. They were always short like three or four feet tall. One thing I did see looked like a person looking at me from around a corner like it was hiding and peeking around the corner at me. It would have been about seven feet tall judging from the floor to the top of it's head.

I never felt threatened. Once or twice I left earlier than usual because of the heebie-jeebies. I just felt like now was as good a time as any to go home early.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By steve88GT:
The company I work for imports parts and my job is to inspect them. For a long time I was the only QC inspector. We got in a large order of various parts and I needed help inspecting the shipment. My best friend and I work together in the Tech Department. He was going to help me inspect this shipment.

Our company is always growing and we ran out of space. So we rented a smaller warehouse across the street. The shipment was delivered there and then broken down for our inspection. Normally there is only one guy at the other building but it was slow so he was across the street at home base.

We set up makeshift work benches out of pallets and my buddy and I were facing each other. Inspecting our own parts. To my right was another shipment with about sixteen pallets of parts. Four pallets deep by four pallets wide. They were spaced apart about four feet across from each other with enough room to walk around each pallet.

Everything in this building was left in its original boxes. No loose parts or broken down boxes in this building at all.

My buddy and I were working inspecting our parts and BS'ing. It was like in the movies. Something caught our attention at the same time. We both stopped working and turned our heads towards the shipment to my right and we saw a black mist or smoke like figure walking or gliding between the pallets as if it were a person walking between the pallets. It lifted off the ground and floated straight up into the air and it dissipated into the air like smoke. We turned our heads towards each other and said, "What the f*ck was that?"

A few moments later one of the office guys walked into the building and we told him what we saw. He asked his question and left the building. As soon as the door slammed shut it sounded like a massive pile of cardboard boxes fell over in a corner of the warehouse. We ran to the spot we thought we heard the noise and couldn't find anything fallen over. We walked the whole building and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. We don't have any empty boxes in that building so it didn't make sense.

This warehouse always had a reputation for being creepy. The door was always locked and you would be working and the doorbell would ring. Of course you would be on the other side of the building, jump on the hi lo and drive to the door only to find nobody was there. One time it happened and one of the guys was right next to the door. He opened it and nobody was there. There was no way you could ring the bell and get around the building before he opened the door. The guys eventually cut the door bell wires.

I was alone in the front part of the building and I heard foot steps on the roof walk from my end to the other end of the building. I ran outside to see if someone was up there or maybe it was a goose because we have a lot of geese in the area. Nothing. I asked our operations manager if he had scheduled the furnace people out or the roofing guys out and he said, no.

I asked one of the guys who was over there alone alot if he ever felt like he wasn't alone when he obviously was the only one in the building and he said, "Ooooh, yeah! All the time."

I saw one more shadow person at the bakery I used to work at about two years ago. I was loading my delivery in my car. I would leave the building anywhere from 10 P.M to 2 AM depending when I was done cleaning the bakery. I was outside and it was really late. I was walking back in and I saw another black mist or smoke figure that floated up along the outside wall and over the edge of the roof.

Lots of things happened at the bakery at night and during the day to the day crew and to the Jet's Pizza shop next door to us. The bakery is in a strip mall and the Jet's is our neighbor.

One day one of the pizza girls just walks over to our shop and asks if anything weird ever happens in our building? Our girls said, Definitely. They locked up one night only to come in and all the refrigerator doors were open.

Our baker would work late hours alone during the holidays. She said she saw a man walk into the boss's office. She wondered who it was and followed him and nobody was in the office.

The owner's mom complained of the radio changing stations by itself. Sometimes the radio would get staticky for no reason and just tune back in like nothing happened. This happened a few times to me at night.

He didn't believe in ghosts until one day he was making pies at his station. His back is to a rack and you couldn't squeeze between him and the rack. Not even the smallest and skinniest of the girls could fit between them. He was working and in the corner of his eye he thought one of the girls was running towards him so he braced his body for the impact and he turned his head towards her and nobody was there.

I would wash dishes at night alone. I always felt like I wasn't alone. I would see movement in the corner of my eye all the time. Like things walking right behind me. They were always short like three or four feet tall. One thing I did see looked like a person looking at me from around a corner like it was hiding and peeking around the corner at me. It would have been about seven feet tall judging from the floor to the top of it's head.

I never felt threatened. Once or twice I left earlier than usual because of the heebie-jeebies. I just felt like now was as good a time as any to go home early.

Steve
View Quote

On a serious note...awesome stories! You’re singlehandedly making the creepy thread great again!
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Steve
View Quote
Wow, that creeped me out.
Thanks Steve.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Steve
View Quote
Good stories.

I have a little experience with old warehouses. Worked in one originally built in the 30s, which had been expanded 3 times since. The newest addition, from the mid 70s, had the most experiences. There was a mezzanine built at second floor height to store more product. The center of the mezzanine as well as the area underneath it had a system of steel conveyors which plastic totes could be pushed along as orders were filled. The totes made a distinctive squeaking sound as one was pushed along. More than one person had relayed that they have heard totes being pushed while they were there alone. I only heard it once while I was there with one other person, and she heard it as well.

The original section was smaller, more like a large garage. In fact that's what it was originally, a Dodge service center in the 30s and 40s. There were occasional shadows. I saw dark cloudy figures dart around corners just as I noticed them, or more rarely, they would just float on by in the distance  like I wasn't there. One guy saw a shadow that nearly scared him to death. He was pulling orders down there and he claims there was a "shadow man" hovering above him in one of the aisles. The shadow man he said, wasn't the first, or the most aggressive. He had had enough and volunteered for work in other areas in order to avoid the old garage part. I kept my tools in the old boiler room, which was built in between the timeframe of the other two mentioned. There was only one way in or out and I could see it from my desk. I have heard the sounds from within like some shithead was going through my box looking for something. Ofcourse no one was in there when I looked.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread must live.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 2:36:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:
For the last several years of her life, our 19 YO cat would give out a random meow or 3 outside our bedroom door in the middle of the night.

Several days later, my wife and I were both awakened at 2:16 AM by a clear MEOW sounding exactly like her.
My wife said "Did you hear that?" and I said "It's Dustie." Then I said "It's OK Dustie. You can go."

We have experienced supernatural phenomenon before (poltergeist activity, odors, voices-also witnessed by others in that home at the time), but this was the first occurrence in a couple decades.
View Quote
It was following behind you when you went to check on your "cat."
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#30]
In previous posts, I've mentioned that my wife can see/hear ghosts or whatever. I've also mentioned my father's garage being haunted. Anyway, it's been pretty quiet until today.

So my dad has started building a house. So far, its just the roof and walls. Today he put that white house wrap from Lowe's around it, covering the window openings as well. When the wind would gust, the wrap would pop loudly around the window openings. Every time it happened, he would make jokes about the "ghost" or the "boogeyman" throwing a tantrum. My wife was sitting there for this, and she burst out laughing. When we got home,  she told me during his tirades that there was a ghost, and that ghost was standing over dad's shoulder giving him the finger every time he said the word "ghost".
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By hoboninja:
In previous posts, I've mentioned that my wife can see/hear ghosts or whatever. I've also mentioned my father's garage being haunted. Anyway, it's been pretty quiet until today.

So my dad has started building a house. So far, its just the roof and walls. Today he put that white house wrap from Lowe's around it, covering the window openings as well. When the wind would gust, the wrap would pop loudly around the window openings. Every time it happened, he would make jokes about the "ghost" or the "boogeyman" throwing a tantrum. My wife was sitting there for this, and she burst out laughing. When we got home,  she told me during his tirades that there was a ghost, and that ghost was standing over dad's shoulder giving him the finger every time he said the word "ghost".
View Quote
This is awesome. Can she communicate with them or just see and hear them?
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

View Quote
She can, but she won't usually. If they know, they wont leave her alone.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 8:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Detn8r-Red2] [#33]
Flipping through the pictures on my phone today I was reminded of something that had happened last deer season.  I wouldn't say that it was creepy necessarily, but it did leave me perplexed.

It was opening week of rifle season, and I was hunting a chunk of land that I've been hunting for a few years now, just a couple of miles from my house.  The top of the mountain had been clear cut a couple of years ago.  There's a couple of log roads in the area, and some pretty thick woods.  I take a pretty consistent route every time that I hunt this section, taking the log road for a short while, bushwhacking through the woods until I reach the clear cut, walk around the clear cut, then take another logging road back to my truck.  I'll usually find a couple of spots along the way to sit for a while and watch for deer.

On this day, I had finally reached the clear cut, and I hadn't found much deer sign.  It had snowed the night before, so it was perfect tracking weather.  I decided to check out the other side of the clear cut, as I had never really hunted the other side before.  As I was walking along the edge of the clear cut, I saw a set of tracks belonging to a good sized black bear.  Since there were only a couple days of bear season left, and I hadn't found any significant deer sign, I decided to follow the bear tracks for a while.  I figured with the fresh snow that these tracks must have made early this morning, and that the bear had most likely been out all night and was looking for a place to hole up for the day.  I figured if I stayed with the tracks long enough I could probably catch up to it.

I followed the tracks for about a mile, going down some pretty steep terrain, then climbing back up again.  The tracks finally brought me back to the clear cut.  I was kind of relieved at that point because honestly I needed some easier walking.  As I followed the tracks towards the middle of the clear cut, they just...disappeared.  I consider myself a halfway decent tracker, as I grew up hunting my whole life.  That being said, there was 2" of fresh snow on the ground and a blind man could have followed this trail.  There were no trees to climb up, no place for a den, just tracks one second, and nothing the next.  And did I mention there was 2" of fresh snow?  I cast about for a while and did clover-leafs around the area to see if I could cut across the track again, but there was nothing.

I don't know what happened, or where the hell that bear went.  Was it a skinwalker?  Alien abduction?  Flying bear(this possibility scares me the most)?  None of these are anything I want that close to my house.  Oh well, I'll probably be back in there again this deer season, we'll see what happens this year.

Oh, and the picture that reminded me of the story (Mechanix gloves size large for reference)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Spartacus:
SNIP

So I’m driving along and ahead of me about ¼ mile away I can see a white billy goat in the road just on the left hand side of the road. Now, a lot of folks there had various livestock and having to dodge chickens and such wasn’t a big deal so I just stayed well to the right to avoid hitting him.

As I got closer I noticed he was solid white, like all white except his eyes which were black, black. I thought I’d never seen an animal so white. Then I noticed the closer I got the more transparent he seemed to be getting. The best way to explain it is if you are looking at a goat through a spotting scope and as you increase the magnification the focus disperses until the thing you are looking at disappears.

Same thing, the closer I got the more he dispersed until I was about 2 car lengths away when the whole goat dispersed into a form like a large cloud of wispy cigarette smoke and was gone.

As I drove by where it had been there was nothing but road edge and a house with dim light glowing from behind curtains.

So case 3: Fuck if I know. I never felt scared and I honestly thought it was a goat the whole time right up until I didn’t. No street side run off drains, not any cooler than mid 60s, no vehicles running. I don’t know. I don’t know. Do I think it was a ghostly goat? No, I mean what reason would a goat have to haunt a roadside? I have been unable to come to ANY kind of conclusion on that one.
View Quote
CGGSB. Cool Ghost Goat Story Bro.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Flipping through the pictures on my phone today I was reminded of something that had happened last deer season.  I wouldn't say that it was creepy necessarily, but it did leave me perplexed.

It was opening week of rifle season, and I was hunting a chunk of land that I've been hunting for a few years now, just a couple of miles from my house.  The top of the mountain had been clear cut a couple of years ago.  There's a couple of log roads in the area, and some pretty thick woods.  I take a pretty consistent route every time that I hunt this section, taking the log road for a short while, bushwhacking through the woods until I reach the clear cut, walk around the clear cut, then take another logging road back to my truck.  I'll usually find a couple of spots along the way to sit for a while and watch for deer.

On this day, I had finally reached the clear cut, and I hadn't found much deer sign.  It had snowed the night before, so it was perfect tracking weather.  I decided to check out the other side of the clear cut, as I had never really hunted the other side before.  As I was walking along the edge of the clear cut, I saw a set of tracks belonging to a good sized black bear.  Since there were only a couple days of bear season left, and I hadn't found any significant deer sign, I decided to follow the bear tracks for a while.  I figured with the fresh snow that these tracks must have made early this morning, and that the bear had most likely been out all night and was looking for a place to hole up for the day.  I figured if I stayed with the tracks long enough I could probably catch up to it.

I followed the tracks for about a mile, going down some pretty steep terrain, then climbing back up again.  The tracks finally brought me back to the clear cut.  I was kind of relieved at that point because honestly I needed some easier walking.  As I followed the tracks towards the middle of the clear cut, they just...disappeared.  I consider myself a halfway decent tracker, as I grew up hunting my whole life.  That being said, there was 2" of fresh snow on the ground and a blind man could have followed this trail.  There were no trees to climb up, no place for a den, just tracks one second, and nothing the next.  And did I mention there was 2" of fresh snow?  I cast about for a while and did clover-leafs around the area to see if I could cut across the track again, but there was nothing.

I don't know what happened, or where the hell that bear went.  Was it a skinwalker?  Alien abduction?  Flying bear(this possibility scares me the most)?  None of these are anything I want that close to my house.  Oh well, I'll probably be back in there again this deer season, we'll see what happens this year.

Oh, and the picture that reminded me of the story (Mechanix gloves size large for reference)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/DDD0105D-D265-4E34-8391-D2F85F895934_jpeg-1030326.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/F5CA694A-F764-42A2-B7B3-9928F89F240C_jpeg-1030329.JPG
View Quote
Not just a flying bear, but even worse.

VTOL Bear. Vertical Take-off. And landing. And that means...

Drop Bears.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#36]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/DDD0105D-D265-4E34-8391-D2F85F895934_jpeg-1030326.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/F5CA694A-F764-42A2-B7B3-9928F89F240C_jpeg-1030329.JPG
View Quote
Very strange indeed. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#38]

View Quote
Any thermal properties to the ground there which could have caused the snow to partly melt and fill in/obscure the tracks?

Just a thought.

The sun can play tricks with snow sometimes too.  I've seen it happen.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Any thermal properties to the ground there which could have caused the snow to partly melt and fill in/obscure the tracks?

Just a thought.

View All Quotes

SNIP

Just a thought.

No thermal properties that I'm aware of, nor do I think it was anything to do with the sun and the snow.  It was clear, sharp, footprints one minute, and then nothing the next.  Even with the snow settling I would think there would be some kind of gradual degradation leading up to the tracks completely disappearing, instead of just vanishing all at once.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 3:09:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:

View Quote
This cat story reminds me of something I experienced once.

Early one morning, around 2 or 3am., I steered a bit  from my sleep to hear the creaking of the hallway floor that leads to our bedroom. Our house was built in the late 1950s with hardwood floors throughout so one gets used to the sounds the floors make in certain parts of the house. So anyway I hear the customary creaking of the hallway floor as though someone is walking down the hallway to our bedroom. I think to myself one of the kids had a bad dream and is going to come crawl into bed with us. But, the kid never came. Instead, I feel what I'd describe as a cat that jumped onto the foot of the bed. I say cat because typically a cat will circle around and kneed the spot with their paws before finally settling down. I felt this whole thing play out right at my feet. One might imagine the suspense on my mind as I slowly look down to the end of the bed... There was nothing there... we didn't have any pets at that time nor recent times leading up to this.

A while later I worked up the gumption to tell my wife the story. I contemplated telling her because I didn't want to empower the story anymore than it needed to be. But when I told her, she looked at me with wide eyes like she too had experienced the ghost cat. We didn't really talk much about it after that. Years later our kids grew up a bit and wanted a pet. So we decided to finally break down and get... a cat. I joked with my wife a the time, "well, since we already have a cat, might as well get a living one..."
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 3:23:17 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

Aaaannnndddd..... now I wont go to the sleep without the light on tonight.  Haha
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah c'mon, more stories.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#43]

No thermal properties that I'm aware of, nor do I think it was anything to do with the sun and the snow.  It was clear, sharp, footprints one minute, and then nothing the next.  Even with the snow settling I would think there would be some kind of gradual degradation leading up to the tracks completely disappearing, instead of just vanishing all at once.  
View Quote
I followed my cat's tracks into the woods once. Same deal. There was about 3 inches of snow. The footprints vanished in a clearing. Never did pick the trail back up. No clue where he went but he was home in time for his dinner.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By azmp5:

Aaaannnndddd..... now I wont go to the sleep without the light on tonight.  Haha
View Quote
Think about how I feel.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

Not just a flying bear, but even worse.

VTOL Bear. Vertical Take-off. And landing. And that means...

Drop Bears.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Just saw this new sub we have now, mentioned elsewhere. It'll probably be a good place to keep an eye on when things get slow in this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/UFO-and-Creatures-Of-Legend/192/
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Just saw this new sub we have now, mentioned elsewhere. It'll probably be a good place to keep an eye on when things get slow in this thread.

View All Quotes

Cool!

Thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool!

View All Quotes

Cool!

Yeah, thanks, NYS!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Agreed. I just hope those meeting the spirit of the “Creepy Thread” will still get cross posted here. It’s nice to have so many stories catalogued in one place.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Great news about the new sub!

Oh! Shouldn't this thread be moved, then?
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top