BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
My friends older brother who I really looked up to was shot by a repeat felony offender mugger in San Diego. He was out with his girlfriend heading to a bar. Totally senseless and stupid random chance murder. He was only 30.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Obviously never met him but the family rumor is that my great grandfather was murdered by the mafia.
I'd say it is plausible as he was a known scam artist apparently, left my grandfather in an orphanage during the depression never to see him again, got himself into some trouble with the mob and went on the run until they caught up with him in the Dakotas somewhere.  He was never seen again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:00:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes. We survived Iraq together and he was shot while performing a traffic stop in the 'hood that he himself had escaped from 10 years earlier.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
A guy I served with came home from work early one day and got shot to death by his wife’s side dude..
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Several.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes. A few by “medical professionals”, and several by criminal acts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Head cheerleader a grade ahead of me got murdered by her husband in a murder suicide situation. Another kid from my class got stabbed to death by his brother in some drunk argument. Just found out another guy from my class smothered his dad, tried to cover it up, and cash in on his SS bennies.

Old coworker had an uncle who was one of John Wayne Gacys victims.

I’ve also known a handful of people that have killed themselves .
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#9]
My uncle was.
He wasn't the most model citizen and did lots and lots of drugs and as such made enemies along the way. This is in the back hills of Eastern kentucky. They rolled up and shot up his place once. Missed him though. He was with some "friends" a few hollers over and they shot him in the head and took his wallet.
I remember it being in the news about how one of the guys confessed to his brother shooting him. (He was there I suppose). I never could find the video in any sort of archives or even a Google search to find an article. This was back in like 1998 or something.
We still go to the property, family hangout place. Beautiful land there. Supposedly buried drug money on the property but we've never found any haha
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Over a dozen, easy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't say that I have.  I've a known few murderers, maybe several.  I've known two or three who planned murders but were unsuccessfull in their attempts.  I've known several suspects, but they never charged due to a lack of proof or poor police investigation.  These were due to my prior line of employment and not necessarily crowd I hang with or used to hang with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:13:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#12]
Actually I know a pretty crazy story

Back in the 80s there was a couple brothers living in my hometown. The one brother disappeared without a trace. It was known that the two brothers had been fighting leading up to the disappearance. The police apparently had a hunch that the missing brother was buried on the other brothers property. They had feds involved and searched all over, even taking escavators to dig in several locations.

They didn't have enough evidence to convict. Never found a body.

Fast forward 35 years. There was a guy I personally knew messing around with the suspected killers wife. That guy also mysteriously disappeared. He's still missing. Hasnt drawn from any of his bank accounts or social security. His vehicle is still at his house. No signs that he was planning to go anywhere. He's still missing.

Everyone knows he killed the guy. But he still lives in my hometown a free man, he's apparently good at covering his tracks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had people that lived close to me that were murdered.  I never talked to them but always waived when I saw them until 1 day they weren't there anymore.  Eventually read about what happened to them in the newspaper.

I did have a next door neighbor get arrested once for murder (and he also tried breaking into my house once).
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#14]
A buddy's ex wife was murdered by her boyfriend's son. Absolutely devastated my friend as he held on to hope that they would someday reconcile and get back together.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Guy I went to high school with apparently was either rightfully killed , or murdered Depending on who you talk to. One side says he drew on some cops attempting to arrest him for dealer level quantities; other side has it the drugs were planted by his half familiars they riled him up saying dirty
Cops were going to rob him. The story goes that they would inherit his money, if He died. Kid was  LOADED via biological father (like oh I’m going to buy 2 new cars and play bumper cars with friends level)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#16]
No, but I do know a lot of murderers and other violent felons.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bullsi191145:
Pretty sure my half-sister was poisoned by her husband.
View Quote
My sister has a thought that her father-in-law was poisoned by his new wife, who was on husband #3, all who died.

Mother-in-law by Fauci & Co.

Cold-blooded? Not that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Action45 in Florida … your neighbor that was killed changing a flat tire on the exit ramp..…. was it a few years ago in Brunswick Georgia, Glynn County
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Data mining thread
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#20]
One of my employees. Young kid 25 years old was having a hard time with life, he made some bad choices and led to us letting him go.
I had every intention of giving him a 15th chance when he got sorted.
He started dating a older woman about 35.
She was a disaster.
About 4 months after we let him go .

One day after brunch, and lots of drinks they got in a fight, he jumped out of the car.
She ran him over and then backed over him to prove hee point.

I think about him alot, his birthday would have been 2 days ago.

Young guys don't stick it in crazy
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Yepp.

My nephew was murdered about 10 years ago by my sister's boyfriend.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MethaneMover:
You gotta share these SEOK stories sometimes.
View Quote

well..
I was graduating HS when Meth first hit the scene. it was violent and brutal.

one of the first victims I knew very well from HS in McAlester. he was actually a very nice guy, unfortunately right after HS he got to running with a rough crowd. he and another guy I went to HS with were involved in a "transaction" the other folks were driving and my friends were in the back seat.

then. just like in the scene of a movie the dude in the front passenger seat turns around with a pistol and shoots my friend in the head at point blank range while the driver was driving down the road.

for some reason, they let my other guy live and he eventually testified at the trial.

his name was Chad. I never heard a single bad word from anyone about it. he would give you the clothes off his back.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Right after I graduated high school, I found out the brother of an ex-girlfriend bludgeoned their mother to death with a cutting board. He was only 15 or 16 and they were arguing about something. He just grabbed it of the kitchen counter and smashed her in the head with it. I felt terrible for her but had no way to contact her and she probably wouldn't have wanted to hear from me anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#24]
My Nextdoor neighbor was murdered when he stopped on his way home from work to help a kid change a tire. The kid knifed him and stole his pickup. Left a mother and 5 kids without their dad. First funeral my son went to to support his classmate who's father was murdered.

My uncle may have been murdered-no charges were filed. He was found by his wife a psychiatric nurse practitioner naked in his kitchen hanging from what was presumably autoerotic affixation. Rather than preforming life saving methods or calling an ambulance she called his son who ran to the house and started cpr. My uncle died in route to the hospital. My cousin killed himself two years later.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Yea, wifes cousin was murdered in an alley behind a bar in spokane a few years ago, they caught the guy but never pressed charges. dont know any more than that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I've known a couple over the years that were murdered.  I know more murderers though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:25:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#27]
Some old lady at my old church got raped and murdered by a gangster thug fresh out of prison

The local priest was also there as he was disabled and she took care of him after he had a nasty stroke: he needed a walker to get around .he got knifed to death.

He then dragged their bodies out, brought them to a dump using her car, and lit their bodies on fire.

He then went back to her house and raided her medicine cabinet, then used her car for a drug deal, someone noticed a big black dude driving a little old white lady's car and that was how he got busted.

Priest and old lady were both really good kind people. This was in a good neighborhood. The perp had just got out of prison for raping some other old lady. Of course he never should have been walking around to begin with.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#28]
A cousin and his wife were killed. The murders were related to some other murders. All innocent people targeted by an asshole. Story made all the crime shows. Asshole is on death row, but it will probably be 20 years before the sentence is carried out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Ex-girlfriend's father's girlfriend.  I was 18 when we broke up.  Turns out she wanted to date chick's instead.  Her dad and brother were probably as upset as I was, as I also had a great relationship them.  His then gf at the time was not so nice.  She told me I was a piece of shit, and it was my fault.  He threw her out a few months later.  Her next boyfriend stabbed her to death.   Ain't that some shit?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

County jail isn’t normally a sweet deal compared to prison, just the opposite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fingas:
When I was a senior in high school some friends and I saw the neighbors wife on the porch messing with his 10-22 and thought maybe she had seen a raccoon or armadillo and thought nothing of it.  A few hours later we see ambulances and cops at their house, she had shot and killed him with the rifle we saw her messing with.  Her dad got her a sweet deal at a county jail instead of prison and she was out in a few years.

Concur. Unless this is an exception most jails are much worse than prisons and most offenders prefer being in prison than a jail.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#31]
yes a handful

Great Uncle, Uncle, close friends mother, my Primary Care Docs mom, client of mine's dad (who her daughter I had a huge crush on).

I think that's it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Not any planned murders. A high school buddy was killed by a wrong way drunk driver a decade ago. That's about it thankfully.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JMD:

Concur. Unless this is an exception most jails are much worse than prisons and most offenders prefer being in prison than a jail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMD:
Originally Posted By fingas:
When I was a senior in high school some friends and I saw the neighbors wife on the porch messing with his 10-22 and thought maybe she had seen a raccoon or armadillo and thought nothing of it.  A few hours later we see ambulances and cops at their house, she had shot and killed him with the rifle we saw her messing with.  Her dad got her a sweet deal at a county jail instead of prison and she was out in a few years.

It's always a parish by parish case down here, but in my Parish, Parish Jail isn't bad at all. Everyone I spoke to that did some time in there said everyone there just figures out how to get along.

Now...the parish over I heard sucks balls.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Jeff Kocab used to play paintball at the same field I did in Lakeland.

On June 29, 2010 at 2:15 a.m., Officer David Curtis attempted to pull over a vehicle at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and 50th Street. The car had no license plate. The vehicle eventually pulled over at 50th Street and 23rd Avenue. Officer Curtis determined the passenger was wanted on a worthless check warrant out of Jacksonville. He called for backup and Officer Jeffrey Kocab arrived. Together they approached the suspect's vehicle on the passenger side. The next communication came from a citizen calling 911 to report two officers were shot. The first responding officers found Officer Curtis and Officer Kocab on the ground and immediately began CPR. Paramedics transported both officers to Tampa General Hospital. Officer Kocab was pronounced dead shortly after arrival to the hospital. Doctors put Officer Curtis on life support. He was pronounced dead later in the morning.

At the time of the shooting, both officers were assigned to uniform patrol squad 306.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]
My step brother was a piece of shit growing up. As a child he stole from my dad and stap mom. He would laugh and and snickers as she beat him for punishment, which only made her beat him harder.  He was ways getting I to fights or trouble with the law. When he was 25 they found him on a sandbar off mexico with his head nearly cut off. I think he pissed off some cartel guys.

Growing up, the common thing to say was "that boy is going  to end up dead or in prison".
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Guy I was friendly with in college was living in College Park, MD in 1994 after he graduated from Salisbury State with me.  The girl he was dating was visiting him at the apartment he was living in with one or more other roommates.  A guy acquainted with the roommate(s) stopped by and had some words with Jeff.  Guy leaves butthurt.  Grabs a full 2.5g gas can, rigs it into a Molotov Cocktail goes back to the apartment, lights the can and throws it into the bedroom where Jeff and the girlfriend were sleeping.  She died on the bed, Jeff tried to extinguish himself in the shower.  He died a day or two later in the hospital.  

SUSPECT IN DEADLY MARYLAND BLAZE WAS DOGGED BY LEGAL, MENTAL WOES
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like the guy who killed my friend killed again in prison:

PG killer pleads guilty to strangling Spicknall
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Several.
The last one about two months ago, less than 200 yards from where I'm sitting right now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Grandson's father, descended into hood life, murdered, made local TV, papers.  For better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:26:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rattlehead502] [#40]
A dayshift coworker that I wasn't well acquainted with didn't show up or call in to work one day. Normally very reliable guy; I worked nights so I didn't know him well as we usually only passed each other in the hall.

By lunchtime, management was very concerned for him as he wasn't answering his phone. Head manager who is friendly with him drives to his home to check on him.  

No answer at his door; she peeks in a window and sees him on the floor. 9-1-1 gets called, and responders find him beaten/strangled to death in a very chaotic, violent crime-scene. Broken household items and blood everywhere.

No immediate suspects identified, but a second DNA profile is found at the scene in large quantities. A few years pass, but finally an arrest was made once a known matching DNA sample finally hit the database.

Turns out the coworker had returned home sometime after work to surprise a home-intruder in his home. Drifter drug-addict had apparently wandered into the neighborhood off the nearby interstate and decide to raid the house looking for drugs. Coworker walked in on him and the fight ensued, which was apparently very prolonged and violent from the destruction found at the scene. Investigators noted that coworker put up a hell of a fight for being a very thin, effeminate gay male before dying.

ETA:

Another coworker died, guy worked for a cleaning contractor in my building was murdered in his car. Seemed like a decent guy at work, very polite and good natured. Apparently he had a side-business dealing drugs on his time off. He crossed someone, he was approached as he sat in his vehicle in an alley and shot to death.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Another friend of mine Charlie Marks was shot in the head with a .22 while driving on I-95 in Maryland.  A mutual friend of both me and Charlie was following him and witnessed everything.  Police suspect it was a gang initiation murder.  

Man found shot inside van on Interstate 95 in Elkridge
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#42]
A teacher I had in middle school was brutally murdered by a kid he worked with from a halfway house.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Growing up... kid who lived at the end of the street. we were about the same age. He got mixed up in the local gang stuff. Rumor has it he was involved in a drive by on a rival gang member... The other rival gang hit back and killed him a block or two from our street. They shot him over 20 times, while he was sitting in a car out front of some house.

crazy thing was, we didn't live in the bad part of town.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#44]
A guy that use to work for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:07:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VrodRay] [#45]
Friend/Football teammate of mine from high school. He went to College in Vermont I went to Conn. after high school, and he started bring some weed down to NJ on breaks and weekends to make some money. I heard he was up to that nonsense and told him to stop, b/c he's going to get fucked one day.... About two month later....

Reputed gang member sentenced in slaying of Morris man
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:12:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#46]
Yes my white neighbor was married to a delusional black female never Trumper that hated white people.  She ended up shooting him point blank 5 times 150ft from my home 4 years ago.   https://wnws.com/madison-county-jury-convicts-bradi-baker-of-2nd-degree-murder-sentence-set-at-25-years/  My son was murdered by a lowlife piece of shit drunk driver while he was riding his motorcycle in La. on March 12, 2020.  There are others but I don't feel like typing.  My son is dead
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Just one I know of. Drug related.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Grew up in south Dallas.  Yes.  And John Derbyshire has some pretty good rules of thumb.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
Yes my white neighbor was married to a delusional black female never Trumper that hated white people.  She ended up shooting him point blank 5 times 150ft from my home 4 years ago.   https://wnws.com/madison-county-jury-convicts-bradi-baker-of-2nd-degree-murder-sentence-set-at-25-years/  My son was murdered by a lowlife piece of shit drunk driver while he was riding his motorcycle in La. on March 12, 2020.  There are others but I don't feel like typing.  My son is dead
View Quote

I agree with you and other posters.  Drunk driving is attempted murder, and when they kill someone it IS murder and both should be punished as such.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: A2cat-man] [#50]
Yes.  In 1997 a friend in Alaska was shot and killed while he was on his way to his remote cabin.  His wife was going to join him after work so he was going to go back to the highway to meet her.  He didn't show up so she went ahead and started her trip to the cabin.  The guy jumped her and raped and killed her.  They were both found a couple of days later.  The killer Was a recluse who made flutes and sold them at craft fairs and such.  POS eventually died in prison.  The story was featured on an episode of the show "Ice Cold Killers".

In May 1997, the loved ones of Rick Beery and Deborah Rehor began to worry when they didn’t hear from either for a few days. The loving couple had planned to spend the Memorial Day holiday in their cabin in Chulitna, Alaska, but were nowhere to be seen. A search for them ended with their dead bodies being found around a week apart. Investigation Discovery’s ‘Cold Blooded Alaska: Cabin Fever’ delves into the story behind Rick and Deborah’s brutal murders. So, let’s find out more about this case then, shall we?

How Did Rick Beery and Deborah Rehor Die?

Rick was born and raised in Alaska. The 48-year-old served in the Navy, doing two tours of Vietnam. At the time of the incident, he worked as an electrician. Rick met Deborah, and the two hit it off. They married in 1995 after living together for about eight years. The couple enjoyed the great outdoors and retreated to their cabin in Chulitna every chance they got. 40-year-old Debbie, who worked for an electric association, loved fishing and hunting. When neither showed up to work on May 27, 1997, the signs were ominous.

A family member checked the cabin but found no sign of the couple. Rick and Deborah were eventually reported missing. The authorities found Rick’s dead body in a creek about two miles from the cabin. He was shot in the head, and his four-wheeler was located close by. Deborah’s body was found about a week later, downstream from where Rick was found. Like her husband, she was also shot in the head. Deborah was naked from the waist down, and the authorities collected a semen sample from the body. Deborah had various contusions and abrasions and she had been sexually assaulted.

Who Killed Rick Beery and Deborah Rehor?

The authorities looked into Rick and Deborah’s closest neighbor, Paul Stavenjord. He told the police that he was in Fairbanks, Alaska, around the time of the murders. Paul claimed that he went there to sell flutes and meet people. The alibi seemed to be strong. He also joined the search party before the bodies were found. But Paul’s past cropped up some questions. He had a record with prior convictions for armed robbery and bank robbery. Furthermore, it came to light that Rick and Deborah did not get along with Paul. They believed he stole from them.

When asked for a sample to compare DNA, it was stated on the show that Paul refused to give it up voluntarily. As a result, a warrant for the sample and to search his house was acquired. Earlier, a witness told the police that there was smoke coming out of Paul’s chimney when he said he was out of town. In Paul’s cabin, the authorities found a handwritten note describing what he would tell the police regarding the events from the night of the murders.

However, Paul, then 46, took off soon after providing the sample. An extensive manhunt for him went on for more than a month before he turned himself in to the authorities in July 1997. At his trial in April 1998, Paul provided his version of the events. He claimed that he and Deborah were involved in a sexual encounter in the wilderness. Just as they were done, Rick apparently found them. Paul contended that Rick began shooting, accidentally killing Deborah. To defend himself, Paul claimed that he shot Rick with his pistol. Given his criminal history, Paul stated that he panicked and hid Deborah’s body while leaving Rick’s floating in a creek.

Where is Paul Stavenjord Now?

The prosecution brought forward ballistic evidence that did not line up with the version Paul told the authorities. They believed that the same weapon was used to kill Rick and Deborah. The authorities surmised that the couple was ambushed as they traveled to their cabin for the holidays. In the end, Paul was found guilty of both the murders and was sentenced to two 99-year terms to be served consecutively. Today, Paul seems to be incarcerated at a correctional facility in Alaska.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top