Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Culture, yes.  Race,  not necessarily.

I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are some moderate correlations between race and culture but I wouldn't want exclude a black conservative family man because of some stupid racial purity test.

You can put white trash types on the same boat back to whogivesashitstan with ghetto thug types for all I care though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No...and don't let others intimidate you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:
Honestly I tried to avoid anywhere that's predominately one race. Just a sample of my street (5 houses) white, Arab, older black couple, bi-racial couple, and I'm Asian. Pretty diverse, BUT it feel predominately 1 race neighborhoods are crap for value (except for the obvious). But the ones that were historically white drop in value when the others join in.
View Quote

At one point my Hispanic mother in law was moving a lot for work, she would say "the best place to live is where there is diversity!".

She would then pick a place that was ~90% white.

IMO she just wanted enough diversity to make sure the white people were not eating the minorities.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
Culture, yes.  Race,  not necessarily.

I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are some moderate correlations between race and culture but I wouldn't want exclude a black conservative family man because of some stupid racial purity test.

You can put white trash types on the same boat back to whogivesashitstan with ghetto thug types for all I care though.
View Quote

The correlations seem pretty significant to me.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Only if you're white.
View Quote
I came here to say this.

I've seen other races ask/Demand it...  Its Ok for them, not you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

Well, you have a point to a degree I'm certain, but different birds aren't always fighting, crows aren't always being mobbed by blue jays or vice versa.  

This seems like a foolish argument to me though, like the whole "alpha male" theory of men.  Humans aren't animals, why do people feel the need to make up theories or whatever that they apply to humans when humans aren't wolves, or birds, or whatever animal?
View Quote

Humans are primates… Your user name is appropriate😐
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
In one of the BTS scenes for Star Trek TOS, they said that on the first day of filming during their lunch break, all the Klingons just happened to sit at one table and all the humans sat at another table, without any prompting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By smullen:
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Only if you're white.
View Quote
I came here to say this. I've seen other races ask/Demand it...  Its Ok for them, not you.
View Quote
The desire to live around "one's own kind" is only viewed negatively when it is expressed by white people.
That sentiment, expressed by literally any other group... no one says a word. That is some serious social conditioning at play there.
Whites are taught that they should feel ashamed by a desire that literally every other group in the world would consider perfectly normal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#9]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
In one of the BTS scenes for Star Trek TOS, they said that on the first day of filming during their lunch break, all the Klingons just happened to sit at one table and all the humans sat at another table, without any prompting.
View Quote

Klingons stink.

Didn't you know that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Only if you are white, and nobody can logically deny that in 2024

One only need ask himself WHY that is, and answer himself honestly to understand WHY that is
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ICU:

Humans are primates… Your user name is appropriate😐
View Quote

In your case, I'm sure this is accurate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By runcible:
The desire to live around "one's own kind" is only viewed negatively when it is expressed by white people.
That sentiment, expressed by literally any other group... no one says a word. That is some serious social conditioning at play there.
Whites are taught that they should feel ashamed by a desire that literally every other group in the world would consider perfectly normal.
View Quote

I've known blacks who left black neighborhoods and also Hispanics who left Hispanic neighborhoods because they wanted to live near people who looked different than them.

Related, a poster here who claimed to be a white Chicago cop went to a woman's apartment on a call and when she, a black female opened the door and saw a white cop, she blurted out "oh thank god it's a white one".
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:
Originally Posted By tripleshok:
Diversity is enforced only in White countries.  All of them.   That's a slow form of genocide.  My $.02.

This. Those in power support and further the genocide against whites by imposing incompatible people and making it so they do not have to assimilate
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
  My dad was an in the MSNG and got called up when James Meredith enrolled in Ole Miss. Integration was indeed enforced at gun point.
View Quote

Why did the MSNG need to be called up in the first place?

What would have happened if they had not been called up?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#16]
There’s  nothing wrong with what’s called “natural bias”. Zebras don’t hang around with gazelles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#17]
All that pesky Wrongthink!
View Quote

Sure, sure.  Let's make blithe comments to try to distract from the truth.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SnowboundinNH:
I'd miss my wife too much.

When we were looking to buy our first house, one of her conditions was that we live in a white neighborhood (she's not white). She didn't want to raise our kids anywhere that the locals were chugging 40's on their porch at 8 AM. She grew up in that environment, wanted better for our kids.

View Quote
  Don't know many rednecks I take it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Why did the MSNG need to be called up in the first place?

What would have happened if they had not been called up?
View Quote
  Protests.  Can't have that on the six o'clock news.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I do by choice.

It's cut down on a lot of the drama.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I dunno, what do you think?

Different folks have different values.  Different norms.  Different habits.  

It's really only an issue when Demographic A and Demographic B wind up having clashing values.  For example, I value a quiet neighborhood after about 8pm.  I gotta get a good sleep and work in the morning.

The neighbor that doesn't give a shit about quiet, doesn't give a shit about getting to bed, and doesn't prioritize being well rested for work in the AM, that is a conflict in values.  I don't want to try and coexist with people who don't share my basic day to day life values.  

An intellectual curious and honest person might ask "in general, what demographics tend to conform to what values?  Is there valid statistical data?  And how does that impact neighborhood viability and culture?

People with means will always try to get away from shitty living conditions and try to go somewhere more peaceful and organized.  If that results in a second order effect of Race "A" coalescing as a homogenous community away from other demographics, that in itself is also evidence.  

In a micro-scale, I welcome people of any race in my neighborhood, as long as they are respectful, fly right, and don't cause fucking trouble!!!!!  And I think that's the best you can do in a clown world where Team Marxist Obama has spent the last 20 years encouraging certain people to act out and removed all their social and legal accountability for it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
  Protests.  Can't have that on the six o'clock news.
View Quote

The MSNG suppressed protests?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:32:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 49north] [#23]
It's surely safer to live amongst your own.

Who wants someone to go tribal on your fucking head
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sharkman74:
its racist AF
View Quote
No, it's not. It's only racist if it's a purposeful decision based on a belief of the superiority of your race. I don't think most people consciously factor in race into their housing decisions, yet most neighborhoods end up racially divided to some extent. That makes some people uncomfortable to think about, but it's the truth. You can't punish people for what they apparently do naturally, again, unless you want to forcibly redistribute the population of the entire country.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#25]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
No, it's not. It's only racist if it's a purposeful decision based on a belief of the superiority of your race. I don't think most people consciously factor in race into their housing decisions, yet most neighborhoods end up racially divided to some extent. That makes some people uncomfortable to think about, but it's the truth. You can't punish people for what they apparently do naturally, again, unless you want to forcibly redistribute the population of the entire country.
View All Quotes
its racist AF

A Federal Judge did exactly that to every kid in the Milwaukee Public Schools in about 1976.  

My brother, myself, and a handful of other white kids wound up in a all black school in the black part of town.  

That is where I learned how they distract you with one guy, then the other guy clubs you and takes your lunch money, then kicks you while you are down and calls you racist names, while the black lady hall monitor looks the other way.  I never knew I was a "Motherfuckin Honkey" until then.  I had two black friends at that school, they mysteriously would disappear right before the trouble started, every time.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

Pretty much this.

I would prefer to live only around orientals and whites, it’s more of a culture thing to be honest.

But, wealthy white kids do break into homes and vehicles, even in the neighborhoods where the homes cost tens of millions.
I have know more dirt bag criminal white people than people of any other color/race during my lifetime. Every person I onow who has stolen, committed a violent crime, or od’d was white… and I know plenty of other races.
View Quote

@Pallas

I don't think wealthy kids broke into homes and vehicles in past times.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mancat:

One of my wife's friends was born in St Petersburg, came to the US as a teenager in the late 90s. She was our son's piano teacher for a time. Trained concert pianist.

If you showed up for a lesson 5 minutes late she would refuse to open the studio door for you.

No smiles. No laughter. All business. One of the most serious people I've ever met. She is friendly though in the most Slavic way possible.

Wife met her when she was teaching dance classes and she was like, shit, this Russian girl could be teaching the class alone.

I once made the mistake of wearing a shirt with Stalin on it that said "dark humor is like food not everyone gets it" during one of our kid's preschool activity events that she was also going to.  I didn't realize her straight up FOB Russian mom would be there. She took one look at my shirt and her eyes got wide. I thought, oh fuck. She explained what the shirt said, her mother did not laugh but simply nodded in agreement
View Quote

@mancat

About the bolded part, what is friendly in a Slavic way?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#28]
No it’s not wrong, but I’d rather live by people who share my values and beliefs. I’d rather live by a conservative black guy than a white liberal any day, unfortunately there aren’t many conservative black people in my area.

Near me there are several upper middle class neighborhoods made up of 99% whites with a BLM in every other yard, I certainly wouldn’t want to live there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wsullivan] [#29]
I don't mind who I live around so long as it's not the Irish! /blazing saddles
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#30]
There is no "wrong".  You aren't obligated to anyone to live any other than what suits you.

It isn't illegal to be racist or segregationist.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wesr228] [#31]
It would be terribly boring. I’m not even worried about the same cultures, but what I give a damn about is shared norms and values.

I don’t want a life without tacos and tequilas or soulfood and blues.

I don’t want MS13 and illegal immigrants or Crips and Bloods.

In the other direction, white liberal women and their cuckolded boyfriends are some of the worst people on earth. The whole tranny, abortion loving, male hating group can all go suck each others dicks.

Norms and values.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

Is it  true Russian and  Ukrainian women are really hard and coldhearted and only interested in money or is that an Internet myth
View Quote

You are thinking of American women.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#33]
To quote Martin Luther King Jr.

“I judge people based off the content of their character”

For example, I judge people doing shit like this and choose not to associate with poor decisions

Poor Decisions
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

@Pallas

View Quote

How “past times?” I knew wealthy kids as far back as middle school (80’s) who did, mainly for kicks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Troll trap.  

7 pages and no reply from OPP?

You decide.......
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#36]
People use "white flight" as a pejorative. My father grew up in an Irish family on a street of Italian families. In the early 70s the demographics began changing. Black people moved in, white people moved out, and the street went from well-kept to burned out houses, cars on blocks, and high crime. My grandfather was the last white person on the street when my father was finally able to get him out. For years after, that street was basically a no-go zone unless you were there to buy drugs. Should my grandfather and his old neighbors be scorned for leaving? How can you scorn people for leaving and then turn around and scorn others for gentrification when they want to move in?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Phil_Billy:

You are thinking of American women.
View Quote

This thread is turning into a dating thread. Hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Laydown:

Asians are often forgotten in the discussion. The areas they prefer to live in is an indicator though. 45% of all Asians live in the American West. And while my experiences are certainly anecdotal, they seem to prefer living among white people. Demographics indicate it. I would think it the same across the US.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Laydown:
In the United States, racial and ethnic diversity hurts whites. Uncomfortable fact, but a fact nonetheless.
When blacks and Hispanics live around whites, their quality of life almost always goes up.
When whites live around around blacks and Hispanics, their quality of life almost always declines.
That American whites would prefer living in predominately white areas is a no-brainer.

I'm sure there are lots of great non-white people in America. I'm sure people in this thread are lined up around the block to tell us all about them.
That doesn't change the fact that I am statistically most likely to see my morals, my values, and my social norms reflected in white people of European descent.
It also doesn't change the fact that I'm most likely to find the highest quality of life around people most like me.

Asians are often forgotten in the discussion. The areas they prefer to live in is an indicator though. 45% of all Asians live in the American West. And while my experiences are certainly anecdotal, they seem to prefer living among white people. Demographics indicate it. I would think it the same across the US.

Quite a few in the south.  They tend to live among whites, from what I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By usmcdean:
Only if you are blind to the obvious. That being said, I live in Thailand, an area known as Jomtien. I refer to it as Jomtienograd as it seems to be filled with fucking Russians and Ukrainians. Some of the woman are very attractive however if you're into healthy looking white chicks.
 I avoid interaction as I strongly prefer to associate with the locals.
View Quote

You avoid the young attractive women? Interesting data point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Alex_F:

Sure, sure.  Let's make blithe comments to try to distract from the truth not receive warning, locks and/or bans.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
All that pesky Wrongthink!

Sure, sure.  Let's make blithe comments to try to distract from the truth not receive warning, locks and/or bans.

Fixed to reflect reality.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:49:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#41]
Originally Posted By TheKill:

A Federal Judge did exactly that to every kid in the Milwaukee Public Schools in about 1976.  

My brother, myself, and a handful of other white kids wound up in a all black school in the black part of town.  

That is where I learned how they distract you with one guy, then the other guy clubs you and takes your lunch money, then kicks you while you are down and calls you racist names, while the black lady hall monitor looks the other way.  I never knew I was a "Motherfuckin Honkey" until then.  I had two black friends at that school, they mysteriously would disappear right before the trouble started, every time.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheKill:
its racist AF

My wife’s parents moved out of Seattle the second that they announced that they were going to start bussing white kids to inner city schools. I would do the same. I don’t give a fuck if that makes us racists or not. We’re not subjecting our children to that hellscape for the exact reasons you mention.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Not wrong.

It’s pretty nice living amongst my midwestern German/Scandinavian descent farming brethren.

Only crime we worry about is the occasional DUI.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Arkancide:

For example, I judge people doing shit like this and choose not to associate with poor decisions

Poor Decisions
View Quote

How do you individually determine the character of everyone you meet during the course of the day?

You don’t use any external cues to guide your interactions?  Stereotypes aren’t false on a broad social scale.

Prejudice isn’t wrong to guide passing interactions.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Nope
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I could care less about race. I care about values and other things in common. Why live around and hang out with people that you have nothing in common with?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
I wouldn't say race but more about wanting to live around people in the same income and education levels, regardless of skin color.

Feel both of those are much more of a significant factor than just mere race.
View Quote

Fuck that… they can be dirt poor, black, high school dropout, and atheist for all I care. Do they have a moral code and a strong work ethic?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By neostoicism:

How do you individually determine the character of everyone you meet during the course of the day?

You don’t use any external cues to guide your interactions?  Stereotypes aren’t false on a broad social scale.

Prejudice isn’t wrong to guide passing interactions.
View Quote

Last time I checked I didn’t see 50+ whypeople doing sh*t like this. You are influenced by people who you associate with.

Dirt isn’t magical, what you do with it makes it worth more (or less)

More info here - Enjoy

Again - MLK said it best. Look at your character and judge from that (notice I said nothing about race)
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#48]

How “past times?” I knew wealthy kids as far back as middle school (80’s) who did, mainly for kicks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By peacematu:

@Pallas

@Pallas

I haven't heard of that. I'm originally from a middle class suburban area.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:30:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Extorris] [#49]
Originally Posted By Arkancide:
View Quote

Yet he was pro Affirmative Action.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Even when accounting for variables such as education and income, the prevalence of violence and crime is not the same.
Non-Hispanic Whites show a greater propensity for violence than Asians.
Hispanics show a greater propensity for violence than non-Hispanic Whites.
Blacks show a greater propensity for violence than Hispanics.
View Quote

Datahazard.substack.com
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top