Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 11:23:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flcracker]
The horror!    You could put somebody's eye out!

https://winknews.com/2024/04/28/boaters-with-rifles-seen-in-cape-coral-canal/

Boaters with rifles seen in Cape Coral canal

On an average day, it’s pretty common to see people fishing or swimming in a canal. One neighbor in Cape Coral saw something unusual in his backyard Friday afternoon.

On Friday, April 26, Gene Fornecker was surprised to see a group of people on a boat pointing rifles in a residential canal.  

“I was putting up curtain rods in my dining room when I was looking out the window to the canal and I saw a motorboat going by slowly,” said Fornecker. “When I looked closer, I saw every one of them had like a rifle with a scope on it.”

In those moments Gene took these pictures of the boaters with their rifles drawn.

“All of a sudden, they all got up, and we’re pointing at something in the bushes and I didn’t know what was going on,” said Fornecker. It just seemed kind of odd to me, especially in a residential area.”

Fornecker reached out to law enforcement in concern for his and his neighbor’s safety.

“I did call the Cape Coral police department and they said that they were probably iguana hunters and that it was legal for them to do that,” said Fornecker.” I don’t care if it’s an air rifle or not it can hurt or shoot someone’s eye out and I don’t want anyone to get hit.”

While there are different variations of animal hunting across the U.S. Florida is known to be the only state where is legal to hunt for iguanas.

“I don’t have anything against hunting, especially if it’s something that’s not native to the area but people need to know that these people are legitimate in what they’re doing,” said Fornecker.

According to state law, iguanas can be hunted using air rifles, pellet guns, or non-exploding rimfire firearms that are not considered weapons.

Green iguanas are not protected in Florida except by anti-cruelty laws and can be humanely killed on private property year-round with landowner permission. Members of the public may also remove and humanely kill iguanas from 32 Commission-managed lands without a license or permit under Executive Order 23-16 according to Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission Convservation.

WINK News spoke with Aaron Forum, a firearms expert and consultant to figure out the type of guns the boaters were using.

“I’m 99% sure, these are in fact, Sig Sauer MCX Virtus PCP air rifles and if I had to take a guess I would say they were probably hunting iguanas,” said Forum. “Now that can still be lethal, potentially at close range. So you still have to be careful.”

Forum says it’s always best to have on the right safety equipment when hunting for iguanas.

“If you’re out there shooting and especially, you know, you can tell they’re very close in proximity with a high-powered pellet rifle or BB gun, and that stuff can ricochet,” said Forum. “It’s always best to have on eye protection at that range.”

To learn more about the legality of iguana hunting in Florida click here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol, he literally said it could shoot someone's eye out!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Where in NY did he move from.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HangfiresGhost] [#3]
Welcome to Florida. Now go home.

Wait till he sees the Palmetto Bugs.

Recently moved there from Colorado. via California I'm guessing?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The City of Cape Coral was paying a couple guys to cruise the canals shooting Savannah/Nile monitor lizards with suppressed 22WinMags long before the iguanas became a problem, and long before PCP air rifles became widely available.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Pearl clutching carpet bagger should go back to whichever New England shit hole he came from.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#6]
They need a bigger boat or smaller people.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to Florida, Gene.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
View Quote

Denver, CO.  New Yorkers have a distinct, annoying accent.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
If it's the same Douch bag I found on Facebook, he's from Denver Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Eating lunch in the Cafe, we are spread out among three tables in our little groups, when a woman comes over to a girl on our team and says, "How's your beaver problem." My ears became to sonar dishes to hear this. She says,

"I'm so mad right now, they sent three men in a boat and they are out there's shooting them. Can't they trap them and move them".

Her condo complex was about to be flooded due to the beavers doing their thing. They asked the town to fix it and that's how they fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fair2Middlin:
Pearl clutching carpet bagger should go back to whichever New England shit hole he came from.
View Quote

Well said !
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FunnyStar:
Eating lunch in the Cafe, we are spread out among three tables in our little groups, when a woman comes over to a girl on our team and says, "How's your beaver problem." My ears became to sonar dishes to hear this. She says,

"I'm so mad right now, they sent three men in a boat and they are out there's shooting them. Can't they trap them and move them".

Her condo complex was about to be flooded due to the beavers doing their thing. They asked the town to fix it and that's how they fixed it.
View Quote

One does not simply trap and relocate a beaver.... and they're territorial so when you eliminate one family the chances are high that another will move in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#13]
My brother has done that with a guide down there.  He said it was some of the most fun hunting he's ever done.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Parents of that fool broke the 11th Commandment for sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Progun1911:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Progun1911:

Same thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL, what a bitch.

I was chatting with a 70 year old neighbor lady a few weeks ago. She was recommending a guy she knows if I wanted someone to blast the iguanas on my canal bank. I politely declined, but thought it was funny, since I didn't originally picture her as the "f it, let's blow these shit lizards away" type.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#18]
He should demand a law made so they cant do that

It will be just like the place he came from.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:02:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#19]
Didn't read article yet but nost of those dumb fucks ignore the basic rules. I had one take a shot at one behind my house. The backdrop behind the iguana. My family enjoying bees in my yard

My neighbors sliding door for blasted last year.

Absolutely ignorant muzzle awareness.

Often times they shoot into people's back yards where it's impossible for them to retrieve the kill.

Be safe and responsible I support it. I let them hunt my back yard a few times but they were guys I see often and they are responsible. Fuckers eat everything I try to grow so I don't mind them hunting them responsibility. It's that most are fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Kevin, you are a puss.

If I saw those folks I'd offer them cold drinks and $50 to shoot every lizard in my yard.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

My first thought and I lived in FL for many years. I used to be embarrassed that I  would get lumped in with these fuckers because I was from up north too. Then after a brief conversation they would figure out I was one of them. Not one of "those people"

Like "Oh you hunt, fish, dive and spearfish? and ride horses and go to rodeos and drive a pickup and drink canned beer?" I thought you were one of "those people"
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Yankee's.
View Quote

He makes it clear that he has no issue with hunting, especially invasive species.

My guess is that he didn't grow up a pussy, but slowly became a pussy over the past 10-15 years. Therefore, he's probably from Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#24]
So much fun in this article! The bubbas in the john boat, Aaron Forum never missing a chance to get in the news, and yankees in Cape Coral.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Fucking retard should go back to the Democrat Utopia he undoubtedly came from.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Hah, GAY!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Gene is living in the wrong state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#29]
See something say something?

If it were a boat load of armed Arab looking young men I have the feeling our response here would be different.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Paul:
See something say something?

If it were a boat load of armed Arab looking young men I have the feeling our response here would be different.
View Quote

That's why I stay kitted up at all times.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Didn't read article yet but nost of those dumb fucks ignore the basic rules. I had one take a shot at one behind my house. The backdrop behind the iguana. My family enjoying bees in my yard

My neighbors sliding door for blasted last year.

Absolutely ignorant muzzle awareness.

Often times they shoot into people's back yards where it's impossible for them to retrieve the kill.

Be safe and responsible I support it. I let them hunt my back yard a few times but they were guys I see often and they are responsible. Fuckers eat everything I try to grow so I don't mind them hunting them responsibility. It's that most are fucking idiots.
View Quote
Shoot at the same lizard, just as badly, and hit the boat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FunnyStar:

View Quote

So the man in the boat was able to solve this lady's beaver problem?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Sheesh! What a twat.
Sounds like he needs to be shot in the ass cheek with a pellet rifle.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

My first thought and I lived in FL for many years. I used to be embarrassed that I  would get lumped in with these fuckers because I was from up north too. Then after a brief conversation they would figure out I was one of them. Not one of "those people"

Like "Oh you hunt, fish, dive and spearfish? and ride horses and go to rodeos and drive a pickup and drink canned beer?" I thought you were one of "those people"
View Quote

When I finally move out of this shit hole state, I'm gonna introduce myself to my neighbors like "Hi, I'm CastleBravo, your new neighbor. I just moved here from northern Illinois. DONT WORRY! I vote straight red ticket, I like guns, and I believe in personal accountability. I also hate wokeism. That's why I left. "
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hater:
My brother has done that with a guide down there.  He said it was some of the most fun hunting he's ever done.
View Quote
Have a trip to Florida coming up next year.

This is getting added to the agenda.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#37]
This fucker was sunning himself by my pool 2 weeks ago.  When I tried to approach him, he jumped into the pool.  Took me 15 min to get it out.  Then he wedged himself into the fence trying to get away.  I grabbed his tail with both hands, pulled him out, and flung him about 20 ft into the neighbors yard 🤣
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Good lord, it is literally a "you'll shoot your eye out" story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top