BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cliffhanger:
I would like to respectfully ask anyone who is willing to pray for me and my family. I have a coworker who has been bullying me for the past 3 years and he has told one of my coworkers he would like to kill me. Management has done nothing of anything but embolden him by not actually disciplining him and allowing him to keep his job. I am the 4th person he has tormented in the last 5 years and it has come to a head now. I am very concerned I may have to use deadly force to protect myself. With his threat of violence last Thursday and what he has said, I feel I am jammed in a corner and have no support. Management gave him a day and a half of with no pay starting Friday and Thursday night he was circling the parking lot looking for me. He was disciplined for a violent action towards me, though no words were said, no looks were given and there was no interaction at all. This all started because I told him he was acting like a child 3 years ago. Even though he was in the wrong, I apologized for what I said and he said he accepted my apology at that time.

There is a lot more to this story with his background, but he's lashing out because of other items he has dealt with and I am a target.

I am very concerned on how this is going to turn out and I have and am doing everything I can to keep distance and to keep from interacting with him. Doesn't help. I will defend myself, however I pray God steps in a binds his hatred and pain. So I ask that you pray for me and my family. I ask God for strength, calmness, protection and to do the right thing for the best outcome for all of us. Thank you.
View Quote

Been there and understand. Will be praying for you.
In my case after praying hard for weeks had decided to become proactive and remove the threat and that same day he was arrested 4 hours hours before my go time for theft.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the prayers and thank you God. I came into work today and he came up and apologized. I was in shock. Could be an act or God softened his heart. I pray its the later and from how it happened, I am on that track. I am very relieved that it didnt end up where I thought it was headed and hope this is a start. Time will tell what happens, but I hope he finds peace and I will show forgiveness. I just hope this is sincere and we both can move to a better place.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:23:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BUCK1911] [#3]
I could use some prayer.
Just down and sad and can't break out of it.
I'm caring for my dad and his health isn't good but I'm used to that
But today he was disrespected and insulted buy a grandson not my child and it left him depressed.
The nephew borrowed a few guns and dosent want to return them. The kids a mess and it's a problem and I will have to be the one to handle it.
So aging father and screwed up nephew and a few shotguns.
And it just makes me mad and very sad to see a Great man slowly dying.

Thanks for listening.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind, my wife and I could use some prayers. Due to a "perfect storm", we're moving today, and she's 8.5 months pregnant. We could both use some physical strength to get through today and tomorrow. I'd also ask for healing for her. Her first husband was incredibly abusive, and left her with the aches and pains of a 90 year old at the age of 32. So, please, if you have a moment today, say a prayer for Aaron, Kristi, and unborn Sophia.

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Please pray for me, my life is a mess and I am really a tortured soul.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dmstr02:
View Quote

my kids and I will be praying for you each night this week
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By aiba7x:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aiba7x:
Originally Posted By dmstr02:

Thank you so much! I'm feeling better but I still need alot of guidance. I prayed for you and your family also.

All prayers welcomed!
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd like everyone to join me in praying for husbands and wives and mothers and fathers...especially, for mothers and teen aged daughters and fathers who are having to be a referee.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I for one would like to thank my savior Jesus Christ for all he has done and ask for his forgiveness for my sins and those that I follow

Please listen to this and praise God for all he has given us and all he has sacrificed for us, in Jesus name I pray, turn it up loud if you can its a beautiful song

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#10]
My aunt by marriage youngest son committed suicide at 42 yrs. old. Sad for sure but I ask for your prayers not only to help her get through her grief but for her to become a true believer in Christ our Lord.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Praise report.  God blessed us with a unique Dome home and it was HIM ALL THE Way. No other explanation.  Thank you all for your prayers.  !!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By artman54:

My aunt by marriage youngest son committed suicide at 42 yrs. old. Sad for sure but I ask for your prayers not only to help her get through her grief but for her to become a true believer in Christ our Lord.
View Quote
I am praying now.  So saddened by this.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By artman54:
View Quote

prayers on the way
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I want to first give thanks for all the blessings and grace and provisions that God has granted me and my family, and also for the grace that he has given me.

I need some prayers for my son, who has some health issues, and is depressed, emotionally drained. I ask for prayers for my health as well , not for my own pleasure, I've had a good life, but so that I can take care of my son and everything. He's 21 but not able to really care for himself in many ways due to health, social anxiety, etc. I'm trying to get him to where he can handle taking care of himself and keeping up a household, paying bills, handling things. It will be a tough row to hoe, and if I were to die now, he would wind up a ward of the state. Well, if his mother and I were both to pass, we're divorced though, since 1997. She's an absolute angel, I was the bad guy back then.

Anyway, I ask also for prayers for our living situation. We still have not been able to get the house probated. I had to wait from 2012 to last year to get an exemption from Medicaid and the nursing home for a bill of $77K. It took the VA over a year to find my dad's records , some of which burned in that fire years ago. By that time, we'd paid over $100K in life insurance policies to the nursing home and medicaid. I still can't see how that left us with $77K, and then the VA went back and paid several months. His stay was from 2008 til 2012 when he passed away.

I can't locate the will, although I'm the only heir living. When we got the exemption last year, it was too late to get the tax assessment changed, which had me on as a non resident, putting my taxes at $3000. Not easy as my income is only $10K, I'm disabled, and my son has a lot of the things I have, sadly, hereditary things, that I got from my biological father and grandfather both. I'm hoping I can get the house probated before the end of December so I can get my taxes back down and get that worry about losing the house off of me. I know all of that stress is getting to my son. I appreciate the guys at 68forums for helping us, and there were quite a few Arfcomers involved as well that are on both sites. We got heat in the house last year again, and so we weren't so cold last year.

I guess I just needed to get some of this off of my chest. I apologize for it, really I need prayers for my son, his health, and his salvation. I guess the salvation is most important. He was a believer for his whole life until recently, a couple of years ago. He lost his faith. My father was a pastor, and he would go to church with him, and my father had his stroke while singing Happy Birthday to my son, Brandon, and that was the last time he was able to speak. That affected my son a lot, and his health was just starting to decline about that time as well. He can't stand for long, has sleep disorders, bone and back pain, constant headaches.

I ask for prayers for him.  I know that nothing is impossible with God. I confess my faith here and now, and do everyday.

I don't blame God for anything, but thank him for all of our blessings.

Thank you in advance for the prayers.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I want to offer something. I don't have a lot , but I have time. I am home nearly 24/7/365. I can't get out much, so maybe that can be a blessing for someone.

I'm not a doctor, or a psychologist, or a preacher, or anything really special in any way, but I have an ear, and a phone, and a big heart. If anyone has any problem and feels the need to talk to someone, just to get stuff off of their chest, or if their lonely or down or whatever, please feel free to IM me on here, and I will give you my phone number. You can call me, and I will do what I can to listen, or talk, make you laugh or whatever, pray for you or with you.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't posted in this forum before, but I had a doctor's visit today and am now scheduled to get a mass removed Tuesday, the doc thinks it's cancerous...
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ADV:
I haven't posted in this forum before, but I had a doctor's visit today and am now scheduled to get a mass removed Tuesday, the doc thinks it's cancerous...
View Quote

You will be in my prayers.
Don't stress out till you know for sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I asking for prayer for my family in these hard times we are facing.
I know we are just in the valleys at this time and someday we'll be
back on top the mountain  again.
Also this January makes 5 years post kidney transplant for me. My lovely wife was the donor. Guess she's a keeper lol. Just asking for prayers that
I continue to do well and be able to provide for my family.
One last thing. My oldest boy is leaving July 7 for basic training and I pray that the values we've
Ingrained in him follow him wherever he may go.
I know it's a long list but thank in advance .
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Asking for prayer for tomorrow morning.

I have severe panic attacks, and need to not have any in the morning.

I have been fighting to keep my house since 2009 and my dad passed in 2012. We finally got everything in order, and I have the will, the death certificate, everything. I have to go to the probate judge at 10am to get the will probated.

I am the only one, everything is willed to me, so that is good. I just worry about any outstanding debts he may have had that I don't know about. We got the exemption from medicaid last year too late to do anything, so I still had to pay $3000 in taxes. The deal with medicaid is that it took the VA over a year to find his paperwork and approve him and start paying for his nursing home care. Before that we exhausted all the insurance policies and medicaid took over. The VA went back to a certain point but left us with $77K, which we got exempted from.  I'm still paying for that in the form of paying back loans. I have the same tax to pay this year, but if everything goes through fast enough, and I can get it in my name before the end of December, my taxes will drop back down to $800, and that's without homestead exemption.

Anyway, I'm on disability, I have a hereditary condition that causes weakness and panic attacks, not emotional based ones, but chemical seizures in reality. But they got where they happened so often and so severely I couldn't work. Most days I'm at home and only up and around a few hours a day. I used to be very active before.

My son has unfortunately got it worse than me, and has some things much more severely than I do. So, we're living on basically about $11,500 annually , that's for two of us. After a hit of $3000 in property taxes, that's $8500.

We don't go anywhere, eat out, barely really have enough to eat due to the loans I've had to take out to keep us afloat. I've had to sell about everything I've ever owned. I need to get it done so I can set it all up where my son never needs to go through this. It's killing me.

NI know that's a long story, but I guess I'm asking for a smooth and easy process with a happy ending. I'm trying to look at it as a positive, finally here, gonna get it done now, thing, but I worry in the back of my mind.

I know that's from a lack of faith, and I ask forgiveness from the Lord for that.

Please pray that I sleep well tonight, am refreshed and the Lord gives me peace and strength , and has the battle won for me.

Thank you so much , I've posted in this thread a few times, and you guys are very important to me, and mean more than you can imagine.

I ask this in Jesus precious name.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I do not need the prayers but I have seen the grace and power of arfcom's prayer requests.
I humbly request prayers for a little girl named Aubrey.
This was sent to me by my mother who works with the father.
She is an infant in Illinois who has been in a medically induced coma since October, waiting for a new heart…she is the longest surviving infant to be on a transplant list, and there just isn’t a heart for her…tomorrow, her family is meeting with a new group of surgeons, and they are going to attempt something “out of the box”…they have to take action because she can’t stay in this comatose state much longer…
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:07:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HunterDave] [#21]
I would ask all my brothers in Christ to pray for me and my family. My wife and I have a great life We've been married for 27 yrs  We have 2 grown sons , youngest in college and eldest works for me,
married with 3 kids Boy and girl 4 1/2 yr old twins and a 2 1/2 yr old girl.  The joys of my life. I spend time with them almost everyday.

I just turned 50 a couple weeks ago. Been fighting a worn out knee for about 2 yrs or more and decided to go ahead and have it done. Went to the hospital in town, where my wife is an RN
to do pre-op test. After doing an EKG that was great , my wife drew blood and I left and went home. About 40 mins later my wife calls and says I need to come back that one of the blood test
was out of whack.I could tell in her voice she was stressed . I texted her when I got there and when she came out I could see right away that something was wrong.  We went in a private room
and she told me that I have a very very high white blood count 112K/ Liter and that it was 95% lymphocytes. Did test again and confirmed I have leukocytosis/Lymphocytosis , a symptom , not a
diagnosis .  High probability it's leukemia . I have an appointment Mon.with a Hematologist /oncologist . I'm a big strapping guy with no ailments ,except for a worn out knee, take no meds and
am rarely sick.
 I have been saved since 1986 and am not afraid to die . I know that my real home is not here and for me to die would be gain. I just worry about my wife .sons and grand-kids. I would love
to be able to see my grand-kids grow up and have kids of their own  I would like to grow a little older with my wife. I know the Lords will will be done and all will ultimately be perfect.
Please pray for us.
God bless you all
David
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I am new to this branch of Arfcom; this being my first post in the religion forum. I also did not read through all 29 pages, and as I too have my own requests for prayers and needs, rather than ask you or them, I'd like to offer mine to everyone who has or ever will post here... If it is out of line, I sincerely apologize, but I will still pray.

Father,
Please remember and reach out to all those men and women who have posted in this thread. Whether it be physical ailments, terminal diseases, financial distress, loss, hopelessness, guilt, doubt; anything, God, you are the rock on which we stand and the power that can cure all things. I pray for the strength and determination of those with illnesses to lift their eyes to you so that you may heal them. I pray for the faith of those who doubt existence to to hold on and see the world through your eye's Lord, so they may see the wonders of your works and the good that is left to be done in the world. I pray for the patience and understanding of those who are in financial stresses to lean on you and trust in you that you will provide every need for their families. I pray for the forgiveness of those who are lost and want to seek you Lord. Touch their hearts and bring them into a new frame of mind to walk with you. I pray for the perseverance of those who have lost loved ones to remember the good memories of those during the grieving process, and rejoice at the end of it knowing that they are at home with you. I pray for the vision and the opportunity of those out there that want to change the world in your name and bring back to you.

I pray that we are bold, Lord. Make us Bold, Strong, Clever, Determined, and Empowered to deliver your Message and Word to people from all walks of Life. WE have been persecuted, and we will always be persecuted, but your Love renews all things. Please Remember these members here, Lord. Please lift them up and keep them under your Wings. Thank you for bringing us into your Kingdom again today, Lord, and showing us what creation really is. The rain on our skin, the sun flooding our homes, the air sustaining us; These were Spoken into existence by You. Thank you.

In your name, I Pray. Amen.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By coctailer:
My mom had a stroke last night. She seems to be doing OK. I'm at the hospital over by Detroit.

I sure would appreciate some prayers for her.
View Quote

Praying for healing and comfort for your Mother.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:01:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#25]

My mom had a stroke last night. She seems to be doing OK. I'm at the hospital over by Detroit.
View Quote
Prayers out for your mumma.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:46:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Could use some prayers for my dad. He's on blood thinner and got a bad nose bleed that wouldn't stop. My mom took him to the emergency room, they got it to stop but said his blood was too thin. I'm praying that it doesn't start bleeding again because he can't sleep without a CPAP, also praying that the doctor can get his blood regulated where it's supposed to be.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sasquatch76:
Could use some prayers for my dad. He's on blood thinner and got a bad nose bleed that wouldn't stop. My mom took him to the emergency room, they got it to stop but said his blood was too thin. I'm praying that it doesn't start bleeding again because he can't sleep without a CPAP, also praying that the doctor can get his blood regulated where it's supposed to be.
View Quote

Prayers for healing and comfort for your Dad, and for our Father to guide the Doctors thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got word a little while ago that my best friends dad is in the hospital. Heart attack, led to triple bypass,surgery, and it sounds like their are multiple comorbidities.

They called the family and requested that they come to the hospital.

This man was like a 2nd dad to me.
His wife was definitely a second mom, and a true Saint of a woman.

Please say a prayer for Bob...and his family.
He is still hanging on, and God willing I'll tell jokes with him again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By macro:
Just got word a little while ago that my best friends dad is in the hospital. Heart attack, led to triple bypass,surgery, and it sounds like their are multiple comorbidities.

They called the family and requested that they come to the hospital.

This man was like a 2nd dad to me.
His wife was definitely a second mom, and a true Saint of a woman.

Please say a prayer for Bob...and his family.
He is still hanging on, and God willing I'll tell jokes with him again.
View Quote

Prayers sent op. Remember to be strong for your friend and his family. They might need good friends at a time like this.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Prayers for all in need, and just want to give thanks to Our Lord for his love and grace.

I'm asking for prayers for a friend and his family, also for my son and his mother, my ex wife.

God knows all of our needs, and I thank Him for the prayers of our brothers and sisters here on this site and elsewhere.

I ask this in Jesus precious name, Amen.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#32]
My father is back in the hospital. His kidneys are not doing well, he has swelling and fluid build up, and his breathing is not very good. He has a kidney biopsy coming up on Monday. Please continue to pray for him and my family.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#33]
This is my Prayer today: Heavenly Father, I pray that You touch my dad with Your healing hands. I pray for You to watch over him and protect him, send an angel to watch over him. And please, be with and comfort my mother, bring her peace and rest, wipe away fear and anxiety in this difficult time. Help me to be strong for her in the face of this adversity. I believe all things are possible through You and by Christ's stripes we are healed. You are the Great Physician and I humbly lay my worries at Your feet. Thy Will Be Done.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#34]
This is my Prayer today: Heavenly Father, I pray that You touch my dad with Your healing hands. I pray for You to watch over him and protect him, send an angel to watch over him. And please, be with and comfort my mother, bring her peace and rest, wipe away fear and anxiety in this difficult time. Help me to be strong for her in the face of this adversity. I believe all things are possible through You and by Christ's stripes we are healed. You are the Great Physician and I humbly lay my worries at Your feet. Thy Will Be Done. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By BUCK1911:

Amen!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BUCK1911:

This is my Prayer today: Heavenly Father, I pray that You touch my dad with Your healing hands. I pray for You to watch over him and protect him, send an angel to watch over him. And please, be with and comfort my mother, bring her peace and rest, wipe away fear and anxiety in this difficult time. Help me to be strong for her in the face of this adversity. I believe all things are possible through You and by Christ's stripes we are healed. You are the Great Physician and I humbly lay my worries at Your feet. Thy Will Be Done. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Amen!

Thank you.

My dad needs a miracle, he got transferred to a new hospital and the news is not good.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]

I want to ask everyone to pray for my father. He's been in the hospital for a couple weeks. He has multiple conditions, heart, lungs, and now kidneys. The doctors had to put him in a drug induced coma and they're giving him 48 hours to turn around. If he doesn't , then there's nothing more they can do.

I ask that you lift him up in prayer, pray that the Lord delivers a miracle. Please pray for peace and comfort for my mother. I refuse to give up, I humbly lay my burdens at The Lord's Feet.

Thank you, God Bless.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#37]

I want to ask everyone to pray for my father. He's been in the hospital for a couple weeks. He has multiple conditions, heart, lungs, and now kidneys. The doctors had to put him in a drug induced coma and they're giving him 48 hours to turn around. If he doesn't , then there's nothing more they can do.

I ask that you lift him up in prayer, pray that the Lord delivers a miracle. Please pray for peace and comfort for my mother. I refuse to give up, I humbly lay my burdens at The Lord's Feet.

Thank you, God Bless.

View Quote

father god , please draw near to sasquatch76 and his family tonight. i ask that you bring healing to his father. god we know that you are the great physician. nothing is too much for you. god please bring comfort to the family, knowing that you are still in control no matter the outcome. grant them wisdom. give them peace. thank you father for providing the assurance of salvation to all who will repent and receive. we ask in jesus name. amen
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Could use some prayers for some health issues I am currently dealing with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#39]
I know this is mostly for health issues and such, but those guys rallying at the MA statehouse in a couple hours could use some prayer. Lord keep 'em safe.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1890358&page=22

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I need some prayer for myself and my family.  I feel like everything is hanging by a thread and about to fly apart.

My father had a heart attack in 2013, and he just hasn't been right since then.  He is cohabitating with a woman who I believe is taking advantage of him.  He takes far too many prescription medications now, and often times he's not very lucid.  He's gone back to smoking too, which is very bad for his heart.  He's 57 in about a week.

My mother is in the middle of her partnership collapsing due to her partner's clinical insanity.  Lawyers are involved at this point, and her partner is not mentally stable.  I am concerned the situation could turn dangerous.

My own family is having difficulties.  Some background.  I got married in June of 2014.  My wife lost her job a week later and hasn't worked steadily since.  She took two jobs in quick succession both of which she was terminated from.  At the same time, she is getting more and more stridently demanding that we have a child.  When demanding doesn't work, she cries.  I think her strong feelings on the matter are genuine, but there's a problem.  I am just barely able to take care of her, and not really.  We are just scraping by money-wise which will continue until we have a large expense come up.  I've already got a truck parked in my driveway because it can't pass safety inspection (which is required to buy tags in Missouri).  The repairs wouldn't even be $600 but it's out of reach.  So there it sits.  We just bought a house so we aren't far along on our mortgage and when she lost her job, that left us with large credit card debt that we can only make minimum payments on.

I'm also getting pressure from others, especially at church.  I'm hearing a lot of "oh, no one has enough money to have children" a lot.  This usually comes from people who have no clue what our actual financial condition is.  The truth is, after paying all bills, we only have about $100 to spare any given month.  If I miss one pay check we're finished.  I can't bring another person into the world under these conditions.  I need her to be be helping me if that's what she wants.

Our age is a problem here.  She probably has about 3 years of low risk pregnancy left and maybe two more years of scary / risky pregnancy.  And that's not counting the other health issues she's facing, all of which will get 5 times worse while pregnant.

Fast forward to today.  She is substitute teaching, which is fine for now.  She didn't sub any this past spring, and very little last fall.  What it boiled down to is that with subbing, you aren't required to show up for work.  It's far too easy to just not go when you don't feel like it, whereas with my job, I'm at my desk every morning whether I feel like it or not.  It's hard to address this, because every time she sloughs off going to sub, there's always a reason, and it always sounds reasonable.  That's the problem.  There's always going to be a reason.

When we have financial hard ships she always goes into this sad state where she blames herself for the problems.  It kind of neatly takes away anything I might say.

At this point, I need for her to keep subbing but she needs to find a full time job and demonstrate she can HOLD that job.  I would like to have a child as well, but I am incapable of taking care of her and a child.  I didn't get a masters or become a doctor; I'm not in that income class and there's no chance of reaching it any time soon outside winning the PowerBall, which I don't buy tickets for anyway.

She fights every measure I propose for reducing our bills by eliminating things we don't have to have.  Truthfully it doesn't matter much, eliminating all those things wouldn't really go far towards fixing the problem, but it's better than doing nothing.  Nevertheless, she fights these ideas tooth and nail (I've long wanted to eliminate our gym membership and cable tv).

I'm also in a position where, in the prime years for it, I'm contributing practically nothing to my retirement.  I really don't want to work until they carry my corpse away from my desk, but that's the trajectory I'm on right now.  I suppose there are worse things that could happen to you, but it's not my first choice.

And this may be selfish or unreasonable.  If it is...well, then I'm an unreasonable person I guess.  I don't want to do the kind of hard work I do and put in the hours I put in and not be allowed to enjoy any benefit of that.  I don't want to be broke forever.  I want to be able to go do things occasionally or buy things occasionally without it being a financially devastating event every single time.

And now, she wants me to try to borrow money from my father who is on SSDI because of his heart problems.  I really don't want to ask dad for help, for a number of reasons.  For one, he's already got one millstone around his neck (his live in girlfriend) he doesn't need me to come sniffing around looking for help.  For another, he's going to have health challenges from here forward.  He's going to need his money.  Third, borrowing money from family is always a bad idea.  I've never done it before.

I am, truthfully, not that great of a husband.  My greatest weakness is that I try to lead her to the answer without outright saying it.  She's so sensitive all the time...she is incapable of accepting constructive criticism as anything other than a personal attack.  So, I try to explain things so that she can figure them out for herself.  The idea being that saves me from having to be a tyrant and helps her work through problems better.  It never works though, and I'm just not the sort of person that enjoys putting his foot down, being a dictator, and saying "no."  I feel like, soon, I will be forced into that, and then no one will be happy.

Of course about the time this conversation with my dad is supposed to happen, suddenly she's taking more subbing days, so I look like an ogre if I bring that up to her at this particular juncture.  I don't want to believe she's manipulating the situation...but it wouldn't be a hard conclusion to jump to either.

I suspect the next 6 to 12 months are going to define my marriage...for good or for ill, and the problems we are facing are clearly problems that are beyond my ability to fix.  I've tried.  It's going to have to be in God's hands, because my hands have failed at every turn.  I'm getting very tired trying to make this work almost entirely on my own.  I mean 'tired' in the literal sense.  I'm not angry; I am exhausted all the time now, almost like I can never get enough sleep.  Which I probably can't because the mattress is worn out.  Which we can't afford to replace.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I need prayer.  I am looking for a job, and it is not going so great.  I have been unemployed since July and I can't seem to find work in my degree field. I have two degrees and a minor, as well as some specialized training. I am trying to stay positive and keep looking but I am getting frustrated because either one of three things happen; 1) I never get a call or an email back, 2) I am not qualified enough for the position, or 3) I am over qualified for the position. Also it doesn't seem to help my mood that none of my friends want to call me back or are too busy with their own life to talk.  

I feel like it is useless sometimes to even try when I can't find work.  I thought after college people were lining up to hire recent graduates but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Need some prayers. A few things going on, one my health is worse than last time I posted, but hopefully that will change as it cools off. The other thing is my ongoing estate deal , in probate, but I'm scared, lost, need a lawyer really, but can't afford one. I am not in good enough shape to go to the court, barely been out of the house much lately. I've been to the store a mile up the road about three times this month and last, and usually need someone to go for me. My stress levels are sky high.

I want to give thanks for all of my blessings though, I have been blessed beyond imagination in my life, and the Lord has always made my ends meet, many times lately, through friends and church.

A little story about how God works. A few of months ago my tv got stolen ( house broken into ). The insurance company hasn't got the check to me yet. I had to borrow my son's tv.. Well, I was feeling good one day, woke up with a song in my head, went over to the bass and started playing and working out the lyrics, really upbeat, gospel rock song. Was going to get it ready to get my buddy to see what guitar parts he could add. Well, I hear thunder, so I look out the window, and see a bad cloud. I put the bass down, but there I started just singing a little praise, thinking about getting some rain to cool things off. I grab a bite tot eat, and realize I had about one day's worth of food. I had been too sick the days before to go to the store. My car broke and I had to spend on fixing it too, so I really didn't have much cash.

Anyway, I sat down, song in my head, and start eating. One strike is really loud so I decide to shut everything off. First thing, get off of arfcom and turn of the PC, and cut the A/C off. Then I reached for the remote to turn off my son's tv, and "BOOOOOOM" , the lights went our a second, and the tv never came back on. It ran in and took out the tv. Everything else was fine. So there I am , no tv again. lol

After the storm, I posted about what happened on Facebook. I had an old friend IM me and said he had several older type TVs and he'd bring me one if I wanted. So, he did. While I was waiting on him, a guy from the church came by and brought me a few bags full of food , milk, juice etc. I didn't have room in my fridge for it all. So now, my tv and my food was taken care of.

I went to tell my friend to call me when he left town and give him my number, and I noticed on his page he was struggling with needing food, and here I am with way too much. I gave him the extra, so he had a few days. He had been praying for some help. I had $50 so I gave him $25 for the TV that he was going to give me for nothing. We were both able to bless someone without having much just due to God's grace and His working through others.

I'd also like to pray for my son and his mother. My son has worse health than me , some of the same things and a few others.

Thank you for having this thread.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#43]
You ALL are included in my prayers. You won't be forgotten. Where two or more are gathered our Lord is with us.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By angelfire:
You ALL are included in my prayers. You won't be forgotten. Where two or more are gathered our Lord is with us.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Praying for all you guys!  All I can say is have faith that God is in control.   My life seems out of control as well, I constantly try to handle thing myself only to find I can't.  I don't know how to hand my problems over to Him sometimes, but we must!!  Don't give up on Him, pray and study the Word.  He will show us the right path if we stay faithful to Him.  I'm praying for all of you, keep your heads up high Brothers!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:22:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#46]
Wow, I came in here to ask for prayer and my heart is going out to all of you on this page.  God be with you and strengthen us all.  Give us your Peace and comfort and love and grace.  And supply our needs.  Our daily bread.   And if we could be so bold to ask for something extra.  Some joy.  

I'm fighting anxiety pretty bad right now.  I have been playing bass and sometimes guitar in our Church band for Sunday services.  It's been a big blessing for me.  And the bass adds a lot because they've been playing with guitar, drums, piano, singing but no bass for a long time.  

Anyways...  the leader of the band and his wife who basically leads the singing.  He plays the guitar and every once in a while he'll play the trumpet for special music.  Anyways...  they're going to be gone this weekend because their daughter is getting married on Sunday and they've got a lot going on.  So I'm going to be the only guitar and my wife is kind of leading the singing.  Actually the Pastor is going to help lead the singing too, so we've got help.  But the bass is more like a support instrument and for some reason being the only guitar makes it more stressful too me.  AAAAH.  LOL.  So I've been fighting anxiety and trying to overcome fears.  

It's just been one of those weeks that when it rains it pours.  My wife's work is laying people off and they had a meeting about it yesterday morning.  She feels pretty good about her section not being affected, but there are no garrauntees.  I never know how to spell that word right.  My daughter had a fever this week from a cold, but is recovering.  So not a big deal, but just an added stress.  

A guy at church last week was offended that we posted a video of the special music last week.  Saying we are stealing glory from God, trying to get attention ourselves.  Which wasn't my intention.  I'm not sure how playing in front of people on Sunday is any different than posting it on FB. To bless other people and to show our good works and letting our light shine, like Matthew 5:16 said.  But his exact words were we were "Taking a bow" because our names were named up there and just the act of posting it was stealing God's glory.  I was scratching my head on that one.  I searched my heart and don't believe I had any sinful desires.  Sure, I wanted to hear how it sounded, but I was not wanting attention or accolades.  People were blessed by it, and I just was sharing it.  But since he had a big problem with it, I was trying to be longsuffering with him and had my wife take our names off, because that's what he wanted.  But I told him I disagree with his position.  In as nice of a way as I could.  I'm not sure what his deal is.

So I'm overly stressed right now and have a hard time relaxing about everything.  I am slowly recovering from Lyme disease and hadn't played in church for a long time because of it.   And the added stress is not really good for people with not so great health.  

So there's my junk.  Thanks for listening.  I will try to keep all of you in my prayers regularly.  God is doing his work in all of us, even though sometimes it hurts or is hard.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I just want to give thanks to the Lord, and to also ask for prayers for all that are sick or hurting, that needs be met for them. Also that all that are lost find the Lord. I ask also that the Lord puts me in a position to be able to help someone in some way for His glory, as I have been rescued so often by those that the Lord saw fit to send my way.

If any of you need prayer or someone to talk to, I am available 24/7/365, just IM me and I can give you my number. My health is such that I am home, inside most of the time, and not being able to work and make an income leaves me unable to help people in monetary ways, or buying food, paying a bill etc. All I have to offer is my ear, my shoulder, my heart, so I offer it to anyone that might need it.

Also, tomorrow is my 49th birthday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't know how to ask this as I'm a very humble and quiet person and this may be totally inappropriate to ask.   I'm going through some real crap right now.   My marriage is broken over a mistake I made years ago.   I gave it an honest try to fix it,  but the damage is done.   I've been  separated for many months now.

I've recently called to Jesus for help.   I have failed to have him in my life for far too long. In the process of all of this with the dissolution of my marriage I was brought full circle to the place where my problems all started.   The intersection where my mother was killed.   I needed a place to stay that I can afford and that was the only option.   At first it killed me that i had to be here,  but I found that it was a calling from above.   It's the only thing that could explain this.   I went to the Chaplin at work and discussed things and gave myself to Jesus.

Since doing so I have had so much pain and I've done what I can to push through but I'm really struggling right now and I need your help.   I want to be up front and say that I'm not suicidal, but my breaking point tonight has been because I am losing a dear friend as well over my past.   I would ask that my friend be included your prayers to give her strength and God's guidance.   I've done all I can to salvage this dear friendship and now this is in God's hands. I hate to lose one of the few friends I have left.  

Thank you,
DANIEL  

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By JJREA:

Wow, I came in here to ask for prayer and my heart is going out to all of you on this page.  God be with you and strengthen us all.  Give us your Peace and comfort and love and grace.  And supply our needs.  Our daily bread.   And if we could be so bold to ask for something extra.  Some joy.  

I'm fighting anxiety pretty bad right now.  I have been playing bass and sometimes guitar in our Church band for Sunday services.  It's been a big blessing for me.  And the bass adds a lot because they've been playing with guitar, drums, piano, singing but no bass for a long time.  

Anyways...  the leader of the band and his wife who basically leads the singing.  He plays the guitar and every once in a while he'll play the trumpet for special music.  Anyways...  they're going to be gone this weekend because their daughter is getting married on Sunday and they've got a lot going on.  So I'm going to be the only guitar and my wife is kind of leading the singing.  Actually the Pastor is going to help lead the singing too, so we've got help.  But the bass is more like a support instrument and for some reason being the only guitar makes it more stressful too me.  AAAAH.  LOL.  So I've been fighting anxiety and trying to overcome fears.  

It's just been one of those weeks that when it rains it pours.  My wife's work is laying people off and they had a meeting about it yesterday morning.  She feels pretty good about her section not being affected, but there are no garrauntees.  I never know how to spell that word right.  My daughter had a fever this week from a cold, but is recovering.  So not a big deal, but just an added stress.  

A guy at church last week was offended that we posted a video of the special music last week.  Saying we are stealing glory from God, trying to get attention ourselves.  Which wasn't my intention.  I'm not sure how playing in front of people on Sunday is any different than posting it on FB. To bless other people and to show our good works and letting our light shine, like Matthew 5:16 said.  But his exact words were we were "Taking a bow" because our names were named up there and just the act of posting it was stealing God's glory.  I was scratching my head on that one.  I searched my heart and don't believe I had any sinful desires.  Sure, I wanted to hear how it sounded, but I was not wanting attention or accolades.  People were blessed by it, and I just was sharing it.  But since he had a big problem with it, I was trying to be longsuffering with him and had my wife take our names off, because that's what he wanted.  But I told him I disagree with his position.  In as nice of a way as I could.  I'm not sure what his deal is.

So I'm overly stressed right now and have a hard time relaxing about everything.  I am slowly recovering from Lyme disease and hadn't played in church for a long time because of it.   And the added stress is not really good for people with not so great health.  

So there's my junk.  Thanks for listening.  I will try to keep all of you in my prayers regularly.  God is doing his work in all of us, even though sometimes it hurts or is hard.
View Quote
You are in my prayers.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By danos660r:

I don't know how to ask this as I'm a very humble and quiet person and this may be totally inappropriate to ask.   I'm going through some real crap right now.   My marriage is broken over a mistake I made years ago.   I gave it an honest try to fix it,  but the damage is done.   I've been  separated for many months now.

I've recently called to Jesus for help.   I have failed to have him in my life for far too long. In the process of all of this with the dissolution of my marriage I was brought full circle to the place where my problems all started.   The intersection where my mother was killed.   I needed a place to stay that I can afford and that was the only option.   At first it killed me that i had to be here,  but I found that it was a calling from above.   It's the only thing that could explain this.   I went to the Chaplin at work and discussed things and gave myself to Jesus.

Since doing so I have had so much pain and I've done what I can to push through but I'm really struggling right now and I need your help.   I want to be up front and say that I'm not suicidal, but my breaking point tonight has been because I am losing a dear friend as well over my past.   I would ask that my friend be included your prayers to give her strength and God's guidance.   I've done all I can to salvage this dear friendship and now this is in God's hands. I hate to lose one of the few friends I have left.  

Thank you,

DANIEL  

View Quote
Daniel,

I haven't had time to get to these forums very much. I will keep you in my prayers.

Since giving yourself to Jesus you've had pain and been ABLE to push through, even when you are  at a breaking point. Jesus never abandons you. Trust that He will see you through the tough times that lay ahead.

Healing... sometimes has to start with pain.

May you have strength for the day, rest from the labour, light for your way and grace through all your trials.

Let us know how you are doing.

AF

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top