Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Got involved in a shooting… my jaw wired shut for a month, I had a diet of ensure, muscle milk and gatorade. I lost about 30lbs. When they un-wired me, they removed something that looked like pieces of moldy liver that had accumulated inside my mouth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
Diarrhea and maybe lose 5lbs.

A lot of that "store bought" drinks are nothing but high sugar, high HFC not much better for you than chocolate milk, Yoo Hoo or pop.

Now if you're talking mixing your own protein whey powder, with skim milk, then I think you may get some positive results of high protein, low carb diet.
View Quote
Plenty of them are zero sugar and no HFCS. I'd venture to say that most are zero sugar and HFCS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By scopedope:
Opposite of Diarrhea, tiny hard turds and constipation.
View Quote

Or an asshole full of cobwebs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You'd piss out your ass
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Muscle Milk vanilla powder produced some of the most urgent non-illness sprints to the bathroom for me. I couldn’t keep from groaning as it evacuated. It was startling and satisfying and terrible all at the same time. I’ve never eaten something else that wanted out of my body so badly. No problem with other brands of protein powder.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You'd be shitting liquid all the time.  Look up the old "velocity diet".  Protein shakes for 2 weeks.  Indecided rondo that while on an out of town work assignment.  By about day 4, my asshole felt like I had been shitting fire.   I had to double up on the probiotic and acidophilus in order to get the liquid shits to stop.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mac_Fan:
Diarrhea?

ETA:  Damn it!
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Most of those pre made drinks have a bunch of sugar in them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Your kidneys will hate you for it. Speaking as someone who has a kid on dialysis, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Not saying protein shakes are bad but I’d monitor how much you take in.

…..
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Skim milk is absolutely revolting.

Mix your own with heavy cream, a couple of raw eggs, and some rum for flavor.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Beefcake!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Fight Milk!!!

Cawwwww!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:27:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975] [#14]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
Your kidneys will hate you for it. Speaking as someone who has a kid on dialysis, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Not saying protein shakes are bad but I’d monitor how much you take in.

…..
View Quote

What about all those people who are tube fed this stuff? I knew a guy who poured it into a colostomy tube three times a day for most of his life and he was otherwise normal and healthy. It was some kind of generic Ensure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cfcw] [#15]
It depends on how much you weigh and how active you are but I'm 235 and I lose about 2.5 lbs per week on a 2000 calorie per day diet.  If you weigh 300 you''ll probably lose 8 lbs the first week and 4 lbs/week after the first week. You'll also be hungry.  You can eat a fairly decent amount of real food on 2000 calories if you're careful with your food choices.

If you want all liquid try this- a 50/50 mix of fairlife chocolate milk and pasteurized egg whites.  I honestly can't tell the egg whites are in there.  About 300 calories and 40 gs of protein.  If you're gonna be miserable you might as well  limit to 1500 calories per day.

if you try all liquid a couple of Quest protein bars per day will keep you regular.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm doing that for two meals a day.  Not to lose weight, although that has been a side effect.

Soylent, huel, or milk fuel.  Milk fuel is now called "basically food".  Lol.  

I've been using Soylent and milk fuel with good results. One solid meal a day but not a large one.

It's been working great to control my diarrhea issues which I believe are caused by slow digestion.  Gastroparesis.  Been in the hospital for it before, it's not fun.

Basically if I eat too much the slow processing causes things to backup in the stomach.  Causes heartburn and diarrhea from the body trying to flush things.  And puking if you eat too much.  Btw burping up a sandwich that's been in your stomach for 24 hrs does not taste good.

Been good for five weeks now which for me is rather amazing. I feel a lot better too and have more energy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#17]
You would be in ketosis within a few days. You will then lose 10-15 lbs within the first 2 weeks. You will stop feeling hungry around the 3 or fourth day but you will feel like crap and you probably won’t be able to take a crap. You will need to supplement with large amounts of fat for energy and some fiber but overall you will lose weight and aches and pains will probably go away. You’re basically doing a keto diet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#18]
Grilled chicken breasts and broccoli lunch and dinner, 2 eggs for breakfast.
Drop a sliced breast in a can of 130CAL “healthy” chicken noodle soup if you need to switch it up.

You’ll drop LBS quickly.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By adamtheduke:
Muscle Milk vanilla powder produced some of the most urgent non-illness sprints to the bathroom for me. I couldn’t keep from groaning as it evacuated. It was startling and satisfying and terrible all at the same time. I’ve never eaten something else that wanted out of my body so badly. No problem with other brands of protein powder.
View Quote

A lot of the muscle milk ready made shakes have added fiber. Not sure if the powder does as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 1975:
Store bought drinks like Muscle Milk, Ensure, etc. What would happen if that’s all you had for a month provided you kept your calorie count under 2000? Also taking supplements.
View Quote

You will lose weight.

Most of it will be adipose.

Some may be lean mass, but not a whole lot.

You'll be fine. May want to look into the higher protein options as meal replacements. No reason you can't create a really big deficit while still getting a good level of protein.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I asked my doctor once if there was such a thing as dog food for humans because I saw an episode of futurerama where they were advertising "bachelor chow" and it piqued my interest.   I wanted to find a single food source that I could stock up on that would give me all the nutrition I would ever need with out lacking in any one category.  He laughed so hard at that, and then got serious and said ensure it probably the closest thing. He told me they feed people in comas via feeding tubes with something that is basically the same as ensure. It is formulated with all the vitamins, minerals, fat, proteins, glucose and etc that an average person needs. You could basically live off the stuff if you drank the right volume per day to meet your caloric needs.

So yeah, I think you would be fine on ensure.  Probably not even lose any weight if you drank enough to satisfy your caloric needs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Just eat steak only and still lose the same amount of weight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:16:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#23]
Originally Posted By scopedope:
Opposite of Diarrhea, tiny hard turds and constipation.
View Quote
Yup.  Shit bricks.  I only do one protein shake per day and a small meal in the evening.  I take metamucil when I can remember.  

It is best to eat a salad to help keep things moving.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top