Page / 4
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 3/27/2024 7:30:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

Because it sets a precedent you don’t recover from.

Like 2020.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If everyone is cheating then it really isn't a valid government.

Banana Republic gets thrown around here alot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:
No.

Because it sets a precedent you don't recover from.

Like 2020.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it moral to cheat?
Is it moral to cheat if the other side is cheating?
Does morality really matter so long as you win?

Imma go with no. Mostly because it doesn’t really matter who wins anymore. Sweeten the pot and ask if you’d be ok with the right cheating if they took us back to “the good old days”
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:42:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#7]
Seems to be working well for the left while we watch our rights being eroded
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]
No, this country was founded on honest people being honest.

I have no problem fighting to keep our nation free, but cheating isn't something I'll ever be ok with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The moral high ground in war is generally where the losers view their defeat from.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
The truth is most left wing people aren't capable of being good leaders.  They are lazy and don't adjust their government programs with feedback.  That is a fatal combination seen over and over again in history.  When I say fatal, I mean it: 20TH CENTURY DEMOCIDE

They are actively working to tear down our country.  This is unacceptable.

I have no issue with moderates, classical liberals, etc.

George Soros's cronies, CCP Maoists, etc should never be allowed to be dog catcher.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My first response is hell no!!!

But with the bullshit early voting, voting ID thing, with the importing of immigrants to change the distracting  and drivers licenses for illegals and all the other low life bullshit the Dems have been pulling....I would have to think about it.
Damn shame, banana Republic we are becoming.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
No matter who does it or how much cheating is involved, it is a slippery slope threat to our freedom. Make an excuse for a little bit, someone will try to do more. To have a conservative do it is a betrayal to the whole tribe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:49:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#14]
Just in case anyone wasn't paying attention: Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy (2014)

You want a free republic and democracy?  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:
If everyone the winner is cheating then it really isn't a valid government.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:
If everyone the winner is cheating then it really isn't a valid government.

FIFY

Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
The moral high ground in war is generally where the losers view their defeat from.
Also, this.

But this isn't war. It's politics. War is a continuation of politics by other means. If opponents want to use other means then let's do that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:
Based on this thread:  would you be ok with the right winning by cheating?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Most-Terrifying-Poll-Result-I-ve-Ever-Seen-Scott-Rasmussen-Surveys-America-s-Elite-1-/5-2715699/?page=4
View Quote

Some would rather lose every nobly then defend what they claim to love.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a hard question.  The correct answer is "not no but hell no".  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Any government established by means other than from the valid, fair consent of the governed is illegitimate.

I'm not OK with cheating. I am OK with ignoring rules from an illegitimate government, and expect the same of others.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#19]
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By southerncross:
Make Benevolent Dictatorships Great Again
View Quote

Make malevolent dictatorships happen again
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I rather win fair and square. I no longer think it's possible though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Wake the hell up. Elections have been stolen since way before JFK was terminated. Sad thing is if conservatives were to get power, they fear using it for the greater good. They would rather squabble and do nothing vs moving the ball.

If an act of God, or cheating were to allow visionary leadership into real power that would return the rule of law, abolish 3 letter agencies,the influence of Soros and others of his ilk, term limits and a balanced budget -that would be fine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:09:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunner226] [#23]
Originally Posted By seek2:
Any government established by means other than from the valid, fair consent of the governed is illegitimate.

I'm not OK with cheating. I am OK with ignoring rules from an illegitimate government, and expect the same of others.
View Quote

This is the best answer I’ve seen so far.

I’ve been thinking a lot about high trust / low trust societies. It occurred to me that if you find yourself in a low-trust society, you can’t change it into a high-trust society by forcing yourself or others to trust people. In fact, if you trust people in a low-trust society, it will likely end in your ruin, if not your death. You SHOULDN’T trust people in a low-trust society. The only way trust comes back is through a culture of shared ethics and values.

Following rules for “secure and fair” elections only serves a purpose if both sides are playing by the same rules. As soon as one side starts cheating, it’s no longer an election, it’s a fight for the future of our country. When you’re in a fight for your life, there’s no such thing as “cheating,” you do anything necessary to survive. The left obviously believes they are fighting for their lives, and are fighting with the ferocity and savagery that goes with it. Whoever wins gets to decide if the loser survives. We should probably start fighting like we don’t want to be the loser, because we all know what the left will decide. We can be noble and virtuous later, after we win, by not killing them all, like they would us.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#24]
The right will NEVER win the presidency. The republican will from time to time though to throw the right a false bone.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#25]
My dad always said "do unto others before those other fuckers do it to unto you".

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Depends on what constitutes cheating.

Some have said musk buying Twitter is cheating.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#27]
No, I would not be okay with it.

But that's only because I am better than every member of the sub-human degenerate left will ever be.

It kinda sucks because I and people like me are outnumbered by quite a bit by child-raping piece of shit Democrats.

Is what it is, i'm comfortable with who I am, never had the desire to be a parasite.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Apparently I am the 1% so statistically yes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Sure.

Voting is stupid.
View Quote

Kinda agree. Universal Suffrage was a terrible idea.

I vote for a right wing dictatorship.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]
The left would claim anything as cheating.  

purging the voter rolls of dead people?   Cheating
requiring voter id?  Cheating
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd be more upset by losing. We all know it's a rigged system at this point. Insisting on Queensberry rules while the other team fights unrestrained isn't a virtue, it isn't going to bring integrity back, and it isn't going to get them to stop cheating. Tit for tat is what ultimately leads to fairness.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#32]
otay here's a version of your question..

jan 6, pence doesnt show up, refuses to oversee the counting of the votes, trump claims the election failed. things proceed from there... to who knows where..

would folks be ok with that happening? would you call that cheating? if not what would it be?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:25:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_314] [#33]
Not really.

But if the commies are cheating, what's the alternative?

I wouldn't like it at all but if the right lost in an honest election but I could live with it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Nah that would also be pretty gay
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#35]

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Most-Terrifying-Poll-Result-I-ve-Ever-Seen-Scott-Rasmussen-Surveys-America-s-Elite-1-/5-2715699/?page=4
View Quote

Poll fail.  That level of fraud is about as relevant as “if aliens virus-bombed the planet to create a zombie plague, would you ….?”   Fact is, this election, just like 16 and 20, will probably be decided by 50,000-100,000 votes in 3-4 key states.   Your fraud fantasy is just that.  3 years, 250 million dollars and a team of Trump’s best lawyers found 500 fraudulent ballots, and half of those were for Trump. 500.   Not 50,000.  All that bullshit about “10% of mail in ballots were fraudulent” were just that.  Bullshit.  You think the Oklahoma GOP wouldn’t scream like a raped ape if they had their hands on fraudulent mail in ballots for Biden?   That level of fraud just didn’t happen.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

Poll fail.  That level of fraud is about as relevant as “if aliens virus-bombed the planet to create a zombie plague, would you ….?”   Fact is, this election, just like 16 and 20, will probably be decided by 50,000-100,000 votes in 3-4 key states.   Your fraud fantasy is just that.  3 years, 250 million dollars and a team of Trump’s best lawyers found 500 fraudulent ballots, and half of those were for Trump. 500.   Not 50,000.  All that bullshit about “10% of mail in ballots were fraudulent” were just that.  Bullshit.  You think the Oklahoma GOP wouldn’t scream like a raped ape if they had their hands on fraudulent mail in ballots for Biden?   That level of fraud just didn’t happen.
View All Quotes

and in GA, staci gaptooth LOST, while bidet won. chew on that one for a while.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I would be more ok with it. Less political harm would hopefully be that outcome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By zukguy:
No, this country was founded on honest people being honest.

I have no problem fighting to keep our nation free, but cheating isn't something I'll ever be ok with.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#39]
The only thing I have in this world is my integrity.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
Not really.

But if the commies are cheating, what's the alternative?

I wouldn't like it at all but if the right lost in an honest election but I could live with it.
View Quote

Commies weren’t cheating.

Trump sucked so bad that about 4% of 2016 Trump voters, about 1.5% of the electorate, pushed the button for an unknown libertarian.  No it wasn’t a lot.  20,000 in this state, 50,000 in that state, but in close states it was enough. Even Trump’s 2020 campaign team admitted it was a legit loss.  Only the Orange Messiah keeps selling “fraud” and only the echo chamber keeps buying it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I wouldn’t be okay with it.  That’s how Liberals think…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By st0newall:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:

This.  The democrat fraud machine is so awesome it let a democrat darling being looked at as a future VP go 0-2 against someone so bland his middle name could be “mayo”.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:
No.

Because it sets a precedent you don’t recover from.

Like 2020.

View Quote

So what you’re saying is somebody’s already crossed the Rubicon… and you still want to play by the old rules?

You are either so “principled” that you have no comprehension or understanding of reality, or you want us to lose. Or both, I guess.

But you acknowledge that the precedent has been set, so you appear to have some comprehension of reality…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caboose314] [#44]
No.  

I would suspend elections and congressional authority to make sure it never happened again

ETA: I misread the OP thinking it read "If YOU won the presidency".  I certainly don't want a Republican having absolute rule.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#45]
No one should win by cheating.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#46]
happier than I would be if they lost from cheating...again...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Interesting question.  Define cheating as anything against the law?  Then no.  

However, there are plenty of people who believe that ballot harvesting is cheating.  I am one of those people.  Yet, it is still legal in many states.  I believe the GOP should ballot harvest where it is legal.  

The problem is, the dems have been caught harvesting ballots where it isn't legal... like in AZ.  But the damage was already done, and the harvested ballots were in with the legal ballots, and there was largely zero consequences for the two individuals caught.  So, it is likely to continue.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JVD] [#48]
I'm not ok with cheating because I'm ok with shooting cheaters in political races in the temple. All of them. Line them up and give me my life's work for the history books.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Politics is cheating
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#50]
5 years ago I would have said no.  
At this point its just adapting,  and overcoming.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top