Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 1:43:20 AM EDT

I've got an on going problem,  I haven't had running water at my house since mid January. I've been moonlighting at the parents house since then with showers and laundry. Some of you may remember the freeze back around January.  I got the double whammy of loss of power/electric house and off and on services by both water and electric.

I'll not church it up, it's  a passable bombd out wreck that resembles your second or third rental, except the jokes on me, I am paying on it to the bank! As big of a hodge podge hooptie that it is and with all of the sweat equity that I have to put into the place it's pretty damn nice not having random inspections,  or mandatory maintenance. Seriously?  Water supply soft lines don't need to be replaced semi annually unless a family member has the contract.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me start by saying, No sane person is ever going to have any idea WTF you’re on about. Put down the pipe.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:05:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
Is there a question you have that I’m missing?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usmcdean:
Let me start by saying, No sane person is ever going to have any idea WTF you’re on about. Put down the pipe.
View Quote

Heck, I don't even understand the thread title.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nvgeologist:
Oh stewardess, I speak Texan.

The inbred illiterate OP states that his house does not have water due to the freeze in january. He has been using facilities at his parents house. Due to his inability to properly manage his time, his house is in an extreme state of disrepair, and should be condemned. However, he still owes a substantial amount to the bank and is unable to short sell to extract himself from the situation.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:29:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#6]
You seem hammered yet I'm still sorry about your situation. Has to be rough.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know how to tell you this...

But you might be having a stroke.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I think I know what the problem is...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R2point0:

The inbred illiterate OP states that his house does not have water due to the freeze in january. He has been using facilities at his parents house. Due to his inability to properly manage his time, his house is in an extreme state of disrepair, and should be condemned. However, he still owes a substantial amount to the bank and is unable to short sell to extract himself from the situation.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173228/1000005333_jpg-3210147.JPG

Holy shit

Op, I hope you’re able to get things sorted. I’m laying awake because the second cancer surgery in as many months hurts and I can’t sleep. It could be worse.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me start by saying, No sane person is ever going to have any idea WTF you're on about. Put down the pipe.
View Quote
Oh good.

I know it's almost 5am here, and I'm pretty tired, but I was rereading it a few times questioning my own sanity.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Damn, you got that from that??

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Moonlighting means working a second job or side job your boss does not know about.
I’m a 64 year Texan and that gibberish is not Texan.
But I concur he lives in a dump without water because he is a lazy fucker who could not turn and drain water before a freeze and thus fucked around and found out and now his dump is really fucked up and if he did not owe money on it he would walk away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Smoking the crack pipe again OP?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Texans are gonna Tex.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#16]

This place never disappoints!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bgrhammer] [#17]

View Quote

Thank you Mr. Wizzarard  you got the important parts right. I bought  a fixier upper starter house,  I have enjoyed the  lower than average price of ownership vs. Rent  payments, I have encountered a small setback and because I have been able to rely on local family, I have stretched my necessary repairs out a bit far. Nobody wants to crawl under a a freezing house in February to try to make repairs under a house in the mud. Both of mine and the water companies valves leaked passed their limits. Were almost 14" above normal for rain fall YTD. If it's pouring outside  I'm not playing in the mud under the house.  

Found much more unknown damage from  hidden longterm problems. I'm single and work Joe Bob hours and can't afford Jim Bob prices so I try to piece meal it all together in my off time. Make more sense?

Just for fun I felt the suck that any potential SEAL team member experiences on the sunny shores of Coronado. On my initial attempt, I went under 1/2 way  of a 1000 Sqft house, and made my way  to the problem area  and attempted a shark bite and failed. If you've never done it, you don't enderstand how much weight water and mud add to your body. And how it will wear you out. At a certain point I was so stuck to the mud that it was only my elbows  dug in that provided  any motivational force.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:24:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#19]
If you have mud under your house whenever it rains, that’s the first thing that needs to be addressed.  Change the slope or improve the drainage at the perimeter, make sure your gutters aren’t blocked up, and install extensions to channel downspots farther away from the house.  The perimeter in one or more spots may need the dirt moved away from it and waterproofing installed/upgraded in that spot.

Make sure you have adequate ventilation so it can dry out.   Or run dehumidifiers.  Nip excess moisture in the bud.  It will cause more problems.

Sorry your house is being a bitch.  That would give me ulcers until I could get it fixed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
If you have mud under your house whenever it rains, that’s the first thing that needs to be addressed.  Change the slope or improve the drainage at the perimeter, make sure your gutters aren’t blocked up, and install extensions to channel downspots farther away from the house.  The perimeter in one or more spots may need the dirt moved away from it and waterproofing installed/upgraded in that spot.

Make sure you have adequate ventilation so it can dry out.   Or run dehumidifiers.  Nip excess moisture in the bud.  It will cause more problems.

Sorry your house is being a bitch.  That would give me ulcers until I could get it fixed.
View Quote

Like I said it's a fixer up.  They really didn't  splurge on anything  when they built the place! I've secretly  prayed for Jewish lightning  so I could replace what I have with a single wide or a big tuff shed. 40 plus years ago they did 0% land improvement other than nocking down the grass.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Put down your iPad, phone, or whatever and get busy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd find a place to rig up a shutoff before it goes under the house and run a garden hose through a window before I'd go to mom's for a shower and laundry, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Sorry just a frustrated pitty party for me, almost every day  that I have had off since then has been a rain day, a medical appointment,  or laundry day. I'm glad you all live such free lives. I HOPE that I can one day pull myself up by my bootstraps and join your ranks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

You have a truly amazing talent.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#26]

The inbred illiterate OP
View Quote

Sorry my parents are only releated by marriage. However I may still be retarded.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#27]
If it was such a POS, why did you buy it?   And what inspector greenlit it to the bank?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#28]
A lot of this sounds self induced.

I’ve also spent time crawling around in the mud (and standing water) under a house I owned to fix shit.  Wasn’t fun, but it’s an investment and I care about my shit, so I sucked it up and spent three very long days slogging through it.

Maybe your lack of give a fuck is part of the problem?  Like your “I’m busy every day off” comment.  How does laundry take all day for what sounds like a single man?  When I was single, laundry took about 5 mins to deal with.  The washer and dryer do the rest.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Speaks rock and Texan.

I’m impressed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#30]
You've chosen to go without running water for 5 months because you didn't want to get cold and wet fixing a broken pipe?  Is this a weird, drunken troll attempt, because I can't begin to comprehend that logic?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RTX:
I'd find a place to rig up a shutoff before it goes under the house and run a garden hose through a window before I'd go to mom's for a shower and laundry, but that's just me.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking.  I know everyones situation is different, but I think I could find a temporary fix for just about any problem around the house, except from something major like a fire, tornado, or something like that.  I remember when I was a kid, we were fixing our bathroom at home, and we had a rigged up bathtub and shower in our garage for a couple months.

I'm am thankful that I know how to work on things and figure out ways to fix and repair things, and also find deals on used and new things at auctions and other places.  That is mostly why I am able work part time, and with a limited income, still have a nice truck, car, and house and property.  I will admit though if I ever had a major health problem, I'd be in a really tight situation as far as not being able to keep up with stuff and not having the money to pay other people to help.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#32]
As much as I want to join the shitting-on-OP party...

I would just run everything new in pex-B. I like sweat copper and all that, but you'll be down there forever with a torch or spend thousands in fittings with shark bite.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:11:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#33]
Originally Posted By bgrhammer:

I've got an on going problem,  I haven't had running water at my house since mid January. I've been moonlighting at the parents house since then with showers and laundry. Some of you may remember the freeze back around January.  I got the double whammy of loss of power/electric house and off and on services by both water and electric.

I'll not church it up, it's  a passable bombd out wreck that resembles your second or third rental, except the jokes on me, I am paying on it to the bank! As big of a hodge podge hooptie that it is and with all of the sweat equity that I have to put into the place it's pretty damn nice not having random inspections,  or mandatory maintenance. Seriously?  Water supply soft lines don't need to be replaced semi annually unless a family member has the contract.
View Quote

You have a weird way of talking.   “Moonlighting” means working a second job.   That’s what you Should be doing.

We can’t understand your stream-of-consciousness.    You have to translate your thoughts into common English.    

Good luck with the repairs.   The guys suggesting the Hoses are on to something.     I’d buy a bunch of hoses, valves and splitters, and run them everywhere.   Probably get around to an actual repair in a year or two.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#34]
You have 6 on your feedback

Sell 5 and get your shit squared away

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Let me start by saying, No sane person is ever going to have any idea WTF you're on about. Put down the pipe.

I was expecting a bunch of 'honey dear' projects, but he sounds single
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#36]
My weekend property had the same kind of problems and crawling under the house was not an option for me so now I have “new” flooring in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By bgrhammer:

Thank you Mr. Wizzarard  you got the important parts right. I bought  a fixier upper starter house,  I have enjoyed the  lower than average price of ownership vs. Rent  payments, I have encountered a small setback and because I have been able to rely on local family, I have stretched my necessary repairs out a bit far. Nobody wants to crawl under a a freezing house in February to try to make repairs under a house in the mud. Both of mine and the water companies valves leaked passed their limits. Were almost 14" above normal for rain fall YTD. If it's pouring outside  I'm not playing in the mud under the house.  

Found much more unknown damage from  hidden longterm problems. I'm single and work Joe Bob hours and can't afford Jim Bob prices so I try to piece meal it all together in my off time. Make more sense?

Just for fun I felt the suck that any potential SEAL team member experiences on the sunny shores of Coronado. On my initial attempt, I went under 1/2 way  of a 1000 Sqft house, and made my way  to the problem area  and attempted a shark bite and failed. If you've never done it, you don't enderstand how much weight water and mud add to your body. And how it will wear you out. At a certain point I was so stuck to the mud that it was only my elbows  dug in that provided  any motivational force.
View Quote

Come to WI and work maintenance at a sand mine when it’s below zero and then you can bitch about cold and muddy because you’re cold and muddy every day fixing shit that breaks from the cold and stupid operators.

Suck it up buttercup and get to work.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Just run new PEX. A 1000ft² house would probably take about an hour to run all new water lines. It also expands better than copper in a freeze.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Ok, the horse is already out of the barn.

Instead of pooping on the OP, maybe some skilled local bros could round up a work party on their day off and pitch in for a day to help get this man some relief.

<—not local at all, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I would have gladly traded you crawling under a house in the cold mud to fix water lines for my situation last year of crawling into a concrete septic tank to replace the pump and repair the piping, then crawling under a house to repair a slack cast iron sewage pipe.

Get to work.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:03:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seydou] [#41]
Originally Posted By highstepper:

Instead of pooping on the OP, maybe some skilled local bros could round up a work party on their day off and pitch in for a day to help get this man some relief.

View Quote

Why would anyone want to do that when it seem as though the OP has neither the energy or motivation to do anything to help himself?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Seydou:

Why would anyone want to do that when it seem as though the OP has neither the energy or motivation to do anything to help himself?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seydou:
Originally Posted By highstepper:

Maybe some people know the feeling of being overwhelmed, exhausted, and in down in the dumps and wouldn't mind helping a brother out.
Top Top