Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 2:01:47 PM EDT
After seeing all the videos and watching the Discord channel I decided to go ahead and reserve my spot for a 500mm RatRig Hybrid.

Even though I signed up for early bird notification I chose not to because I figured I would give those early adopters to find the things that needed work.

No discount for early birds anyway. When they opened up reservations after the early birds were all gone, I looked to see what delivery times would be.

Most of the early bird hardware kits were already produced and waiting before being opened to reserve. For those like me that reserved after the early birds we are 8-12 weeks for shipping date. That's perfectly fine with me.

Waiting now for RatOS 2.1 and Assembly docs to be released before shipping starts.

This thing is as large as a washing machine and probably just as heavy.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stevos758] [#2]
What is a hybrid (EDIT> I see you have the link now.) ? I have the 500mm 3.1 i think. I hate it after having to build it LOL. I have hardly used it. I need to upgrade the fans and figure out the bed leveling. I cant seem to get mine to stick and i ruined an expensive build plate because of it. We use other printers at work all the time and need more of the idiot proof kind. I dont have as much time as I used to to play with them anymore.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stevos758:
What is a hybrid (EDIT> I see you have the link now.) ? I have the 500mm 3.1 i think. I hate it after having to build it LOL. I have hardly used it. I need to upgrade the fans and figure out the bed leveling. I cant seem to get mine to stick and i ruined an expensive build plate because of it. We use other printers at work all the time and need more of the idiot proof kind. I dont have as much time as I used to to play with them anymore.
View Quote

If it was me I would watch for the Vcore 4 Printhead release. Instead of the Btouch or Pinda bed probe, the printhead probe uses a Beacon Probe. Beacon is updating it's function to include a contact function. Then I would upgrade to RatOS to take advantage of the Beacon bed leveling and mesh. With single printhead that will take care of setting Z offset. The new printhead also includes a 4028 part cooling fan and nozzle now.

Beacon - Beacon Contact is Here - A Surface Scanner and Contact Probe in 1

I wouldn't consider upgrading to Hybrid unless you are looking for speed or plan on running a 2nd printhead with IDEX. Hint there is an MMU in the works for Vcore 4 that works with either a single printhead or the IDEX system. Probably 8 filaments at first from what I have seen in development.
Helge Keck has been doing a lot of work on IDEX and MMU.
http://www.youtube.com/@HelgeKeck
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SandHillsHillbilly] [#4]
Bed Leveling and Mesh with the Beacon Probe.
V-Core 4 IDEX - Homing, Z-Tilt and Bed Mesh routine
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Im looking forward to reading about this.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Request for payments went out Friday for the early birds. Shipping for them should start next week.

I expect to see the release of RatOS 2.1 in the next week or two.

The assembly docs have gone live online this week.

Did I mention the printer I reserved is almost  the size of a washing machine?

Looking now for some kind of table/workbench to set it on. Normal table or workbenches are not deep enough.

Rockler makes a steel table kit that is customizable for size and includes the metal parts for building a workbench.
https://www.rockler.com/workshop-accessories/benches-and-work-stations/workshop-stands-legs-and-parts
There is a store close to me that I can pick it up from.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
350 cube makes for a massive printer. Yours will be a monster! I’m going to enjoy seeing this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By touchracing:
350 cube makes for a massive printer. Yours will be a monster! I’m going to enjoy seeing this.
View Quote

I believe you are right. Wife is going to have a fit when she sees it assembled. I would have gone small, but needed the volume to print some things that are 15 inches long.
Top Top