Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2024 7:24:20 AM EDT
I also assume there have been other companies like NVIDA that have skyrocketed like this and as with most stocks eventually came back down to earth.

What other companies have gone a similar path as NVIDA and for what duration before the stock price came back down to earth?

Was it 1 year, 2 year or so?

Would be interesting to know what has happened in the past to possibly jump ship before equilibrium settles in.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Years back, my former boss inherited some money, knew nothing about the market or tech stocks, so he went to see his investment buddy.
He got in early and cheap with Cisco and was making money and spending it as well.
When it fell from high, he was pissed

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The more this goes on, the more I think we'll look back 10 years from now and think, "Remember that crazy run in nvda? That was bananas." But tough to predict how that will play out exactly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Gamestop

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as we stay in risk-on mode P/E ratios will keep rising into the stratosphere with too many excess dollars still looking for a home. Will be hard for the Fed to justify interest rate cuts with everything in an inflated bubble. A surprise hike would give the market a much-needed correction while tamping inflation that is still nipping at the heels but the Fed would get accused of playing politics in an election year so not likely to happen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
If you read Good to Great by Jim Collins it’s worth noting that a bunch of the companies with awesome runs aren’t even in business anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top