Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2023 8:09:33 PM EDT
Sony / Columbia / Alcon Entertainment (Blade Runner 2049)

From 0:25-031

Columbia Pictures Logo digital special effects, what software was used to create that effect?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess is some combination of: Avid Media Composer (editing and compositing), Davinci Resolve (color grading), and Adobe After Effects (animation and special effects).

You can probably do most of that with Davinci Resolve Studio and some plugins and effects templates.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ad_nauseam] [#2]
Davinci Resolve 18 has got to be the most user-unfriendly incomprehensible piece of software I've ever seen, by far.
For example I added a glitch effect track to the main video track but it does not appear to exist as a separate track I can adjust in the timeline.
I can't actually find it or adjust it in the timeline, the length. I do not want the glitch to be the entire length of the timeline.
Where the !#$ is the special effects track? It's frustrating.

so I wanted a glitch in the middle of something, looks like I need 3 different tracks, the middle one gets the glitch, however when it's done, it's does not turn off and keeps on going to the third track. I want the effect to apply only to a single track and then turn off, this is confusing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:48:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grendel-OK] [#3]
Without seeing your project it's hard to tell what's going on. I'm also not an expert on visual effects. My experience is more in straight video work.

You can lengthen and shorten the effects by dragging the end of the effect left or right. Whatever track is on top is the main track, so your effects track should be above your video track.

But it sounds like you should maybe be using the Fusion Nodes tor this.

There are lots of YouTube tutorials on Davinci Resolve. It's a very powerful piece of software, but that power also brings some complexity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top