Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 4/29/2023 4:19:15 PM EDT
It is time for us nerds to uncloset- figured it was worth a thread of its own.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read maybe 10 of them....am I still a geek?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've read a few. I've mostly read the 41st Millennium stuff, though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm on #17 of the Horus Heresy.  What is there now?  52 or so?
I really liked the Gaunt's Ghosts series and the Eisenhorn series.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I read what I can find . I started with Eisenhorn books and read some more , but many are out of stock {Amazon or Thrift Books} or very high priced . I wish I could find more at a reasonable price .
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I've probably read 90 percent of the Heresy as ebooks. Were some of those borrowed? Yeah. Did that make me spend more money for other ones?Also yeah.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#6]
About the first 10 of the Horus Heresy.

The Deathkorps series.

The Space Wolves series.

The War for Armageddon

Eisenhorn series I think was my favorite. I’ve read a few more but I can’t think of them now. I’ve never played the game, I just enjoy the books.

I’m open to suggestions if anyone thinks I’m missing a good one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:10:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#7]
I’m probably 10 books short of finishing the Horus Heresy novels.

Just skip any books by Kynes. They’re fucking awful. Especially Vulkan Lives and associated books. Utter drivel.

I’ve slowed way down on reading WH, after a bit it gets too repetitive. Except Abnett’s Eisenhorn, Ravenor, and Bequin series. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
I’m probably 10 books short of finishing the Horus Heresy novels.

Just skip any books by Kynes. They’re fucking awful. Especially Vulkan Lives and associated books. Utter drivel.

I’ve slowed way down on reading WH, after a bit it gets too repetitive. Except Abnett’s Eisenhorn, Ravenor, and Bequin series. Great stuff.
View Quote

But Vulkan Lives sets up some other stuff involving the big guy with the hammer later, so while Kyme is his usual schlock self, it comes up.

Now while waiting for Abnett's "The End And The Death Part 2", I took a chance on the new "The Lion, The Son of the Forest" in the 'modern' timeline, and it's really good. Same guy who did the Alpharius primarch novel, and that was excellent. Almost made the Alpha Legion likeable and relatable in that one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I've read 3-4 Omnibuses, a few of the individual books and a couple of the short story books. Only the 40k stuff, none of the 30k stuff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]
just finished this and the next three books. amazing series

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CB1:
just finished this and the next three books. amazing series
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147/R-2926969.jpg
View Quote

Thats a good one.  I'd also recommend 'Rynn's World'.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]
At this point I've read most of the Horus Heresy and probably another 100 or more 40k books. Eisenhorn got me into it and from there it spiraled into the tabletop and video games.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top