Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#1]
I replaced all the frame trigger-group parts with Glock OEM parts, mated the PSA hinged trigger to the Glock trigger bar, replaced the PSA trigger pin with a Glock OEM trigger pin, they're slightly different.  had to drill out the small trigger-bar pin-hole since the PSA trigger-shoe roll pin is larger than the Glock plastic pin.  Did the Johnny Glock roll-pin mod to the trigger housing to reduce pre-travel, also, per Johnny Glock, trimmed the trigger safety so that still works like it's supposed to.

also using Glock OEM striker-group parts, extractor-group parts, Ghost Inc springs (striker, trigger hsg, FP safety plunger).  Glock barrel, and aftermarket generic slide.  OEM Gen 4 "30274" ejector.  Vickers Tactical mag release, slide stop lever (dehorned), and slide racker end-plate.  Rival Arms SS RSA.  Trijicon tritium sights, front & rear.  Also, RYG reduced-strength mag-release spring.  Rounded off the sharp bottom edge of the trigger guard.  I also replaced the two 1/8" roll pins on the frame with solid SS pins.

also posted, pics, previously in the other PSA Dagger threads.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I put another 100+ rounds through the Dagger today although we were both struggling with shooting accurately today as opposed to last week. Getting rusty I guess. I really wish I could put the new generation M&P Shield Plus/M&P 2.0 flat face trigger in the Dagger.. this is hands down the best stock pistol trigger I've shot yet:

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My dagger has about 1000 rounds through it.

No issues at all

in fact no problems with any of the ones my coworkers bought either with 500-1000 rounds each.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:

If only PSA didn't edit posts, people might feel like they can post there
View Quote

One of the reasons I didn't post there. But also, more traffic here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Has any one seen T-Rex’s Micro Dagger Review. I’m a little sad but they appeared to put it through the paces.

T-Rex Review.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got a chance to watch the video. Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redman556] [#7]
I'm a couple days late posting this.

I fired another magazine , 17 rounds, no failures. It ran great. It was as accurate as I can be with it. 3-4 inch group for ten rounds from 10 yards. No failures or hiccups.

Now, good news, but aggravating.

The good news

There is nothing wrong with the Dagger whatsoever.

All of my issues have come from ammo that was loaded on the Lee progressive press. I went through all 650rds of ammo that was loaded on that machine, and all of them are out of spec. None would pass the plunk test. They're loaded long. One reason I sold that press. All ammo loaded on the Dillon is fine. So I've switched the .45acp dies out for the 9mm ( as well as the die plate), and I'm running the bullets through and plunk testing them. They're all fitting now. I'm going to do 17 and test shoot it.  If it's good, no reason it shouldn't be, then I'll get the other 630rds and re-seat them.

The bad news

It's BS that the Lee press came out of adjustment like that in the middle of loading, all on it's own. Just a terrible press design.

The other good news

I've got an eye Dr. appointment in a couple of weeks to get new contacts and glasses. Being that my vision is as bad as it is, nearly legally blind in the left eye, and not too far off in the right, I'm sure my groups will tighten up. No more choosing between three bullseyes and two sets of sights. lol

If you're praying folks, please say a prayer for me to get through the appointment without issue, and to not have anything wrong with my eyes, cataracts etc, and to be able to wear contacts again and glasses. It's been since 2012. I've been winging it since then.

Maybe I'll shoot better groups with contacts or glasses than I've been doing as a nearly blind man.

Thanks

Oh, so now I'm up to 343rds.

All issues I've had to date have been determined to be ammo related, specifically, ammo loaded on the Lee Progressive.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Two days ago.Ten yards.

Today, four rounds of the X Treme HPs. Same paper target as above, it got wet in the storm yesterday.

I'm aiming to the right of the bullseye a bit, the gun shoots to the left. Got to adjust the sights.

The X-Tremie HPs that I resized ran well. I measured the case diameter of a few of them from different boxes last night to be sure that if seating the bullets deper was all they needed. unfortunately, in my attempt to remember to wear eyewear for these tests, I forgot to put in my earplugs. After the 2nd round, I thought, dang, I best not fire the other two, they don't sound right. Then I felt the earplugs in my pocket. So I shot the last two.

What... I can't hear ya sonny, speak up please.

Now i know they're good and I just need to seat and crimp other six hundred and whatever I said.

Now I know the failures were all ammo related. So from this point forward, I have to say, no malfunctions caused by the PSA Dagger. All were ammo related, and all of the ammo related issues were caused by the Lee progressive press. None of the Dillon loaded ammo had issues, and none of the earlier 500rds of Lee ammo had issues, that was fired through an HKP30.

I'm happy with it. Very happy now that this is straightened out.

Now I need to move the rear sight over to get the sights on target.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Moved my sight over a tad, now I'm shooting center of bullseye, well, sort off. I'm centered up anyway. Wasn't feeling very good today so the 5 rounds I shot were sort of all over the place. But, they circled the bullseye, and I could cover them with the palm of my hand.

I'll update again tomorrow with another ten shot group. I've got to seat those other 650 rounds to the correct length. I got everything set up right today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh, need to update the round count. I fired four rounds of the Berry's Hybrid HPs to check them after I reseated and re-crimped them. Then, the day before yesterday, I fired 5 of those Berry's Hybrid HPs to be sure and to check my sights. I moved the rear sight to the right a bit. It's spot on now. It was to the left about two inches. So that's 9 more rounds, and no issues.

Round total

All failures have been ammo related, with this ammo that the Lee Progressive came out of adjustment and ended up loading long.

There have been no other issues with any other ammo. Therefore, to be accurate, I'm revising my numbers.

352 rounds, zero pistol related related failures. Only the dummy behind the gun failures.  About 450 rounds to re-seat, but the Dillon is set, and I've done about 100rds.

Let's see some pics of pistols, groups, dags, cats, and stories of how your Daggers are doing, how you've equipped it, holsters etc.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Fired another 10 rounds of the Berry's Hybrid. Most are 124gr but I still had a box of 50 147gr one. I seated all of the ammo, plunk tested it, and then fired the 10 rounds of the 147s.

All 10 fired and fed perfectly.

So now all of that ammo is correct.

So the round count is now 362 rounds, no failures from the pistol. Only ammo caused failures, and all that has been corrected.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Also not happy with how stiff the magazine release is and having to strip the factory Gen 5 Glock mags out since they don't drop free.
View Quote

They said to send my frame FDE back because of that.  I need to finish that process this week.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:53:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwm1150] [#13]
Attachment Attached File

Old pic when I first put it together, blem camo Aim Surplus slide with PSA dagger lower. I have a swampfox brand RDS on it these days. Only put a few hundred rounds through it so far.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Zero rounds so far. Getting time to drive an hour total to the range with two little kids at home is tough. No mods yet but would like to do an optic (thinking about a Gideon Mediator), a comp (Herrington) and an eBay magwell. Still need to actually shoot it though. I do like the feel of the hinges trigger but the pull leaves a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I’ve got 2, both with about 600 rounds thru each.  A full size with a 3CR tactical comp, and a compact. The full size needed tuning with the comp, but is humming along with a 13# recoil spring setup.  Based on this thread, I ordered the p80 flat triggers from KM Tactical, and I think that is going to be an improvement over the hinged trigger.  A very nice upgrade for $10.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice guns. My mag release button was tough at first, then it loosened up. It's good now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Redman556:
Nice guns. My mag release button was tough at first, then it loosened up. It's good now.
View Quote

as mentioned in the other Dagger threads, the RYG reduced strength mag release spring is what you seek.  $5.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:54:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redman556] [#18]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

as mentioned in the other Dagger threads, the RYG reduced strength mag release spring is what you seek.  $5.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
Originally Posted By Redman556:

It's fine now. I sat around mashing on it for a while, without a mag in place. It's fine. Works great.

Thanks though. If it ever gives trouble, I'll get one of those.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:16:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Redman556] [#19]

Finally got my holster in from We the People Holsters. I got it delivered on the 14th, but we've had some health issues and been busy.

About this holster. It's beautiful. The material is high quality, and the coloration is fantastic. The belt attachment is very sturdy, solid but comfortable.

A first for me, this holster fits the gun perfectly, out of the box. That's a first for me with kydex. Everything else I've used, well respected companies, required a bit of heat gun and massaging to get the holsters to work properly. Some were a touch loose, some tight, and just needed a little adjustment. This one was perfect.

It was easy to put the gun in, and it locked in place. I can turn the holster upside down, shake it vigorously, and it won't fall out. When I draw the gun, it comes out easily. There's no jerking required to get the gun out even with the holster brand new.  Re-holstering is easy as well. This is by far, the best kydex holster I've owned.

There's no flashing left on the plastic. All edges are clean, and there are no sharp edges, they're all cleaned up. The attachment for the clip is so much better than the Cleveland Kydex Company and the Vedder, holsters I've used before. The clip is also very well designed. I don't know what clips they ( Cleveland Kydex and Vedder ) use now, but previous clips weren't nearly as good.

The pistol carries great. It's extremely comfortable. Now to the draw. The draw is really smooth, and at least by my old fogey standards, it's fast.

I can say without a doubt, that I can recommend We the People Holsters to anyone looking for a Kydex solution to carry. I carry at around 3:30-4:00, depending on where the belt loop on my pants are at on my right side.

Now one side note. If you order from them, be prepared to wait a bit. It took about a month from the time I placed my order until it got to my PO Box, but, it was worth it.

In conclusion, it's an extremely well made holster, with fit and finish to match. I highly recommend it.

Back to the shooting. I bought some more 9mm cases, and I'll set the Dillon 550 up for 9mm again and get them loaded. I've got about 450 rds of 124gr fmj to load. Then I'll get out and get some more rounds downrange with this thing and get the reports out on how it's doing.

Hope you guys get out and shoot today. If you have a Dagger, and you get out today, or any day, post some stuff. You can do a round count on your Dagger in this thread as well, tell us how it's going. Love to hear it.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#20]
I switched up my Dagger a bit. All factory Glock lower parts minus the magazine catch and the slide lock bar. Stock G19 slide with Steiner MPS and a TLR-1.

Only about 100 rounds on this frame so far but I am really liking it. Initial reliability has been great. I intend to just use this as a range toy still. It needs a magwell also.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#22]
So I decided to go back to a traditional look and picked up the ODG carry cut slide sans barrel/spring for ~$150 via Memorial Day sale . The Swampfox Liberty II green dot has held up pretty well but want to try out the Gideon Rock  red dot as it has a more RMR'ish look to it. Hopefully I like this setup more..
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Have the full size, compact, and micro C-1.  Probably have around 500/150/100 through each, respectively.

I want to like my micro but having troubles coming around to it.  Trigger sucks and doesn't shoot true to aim.

I like the full size with dot and Timney trigger.  Don't shoot the compact much
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Just received my new PSA slide with the ECC cut. The ODG cerakote is so thiccc that I had to tap my Faxxon barrel into place I racked the slide nearly 200 times just to wear some of it out so we'll see how many stoppages I get tomorrow before it wears in.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top