Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2023 7:25:55 PM EDT
I'm looking for history books for elementary/Middle School kids from a Christian perspective. Any leads?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Rush Limbaugh had history books for children.
https://www.amazon.com/Rush-Limbaugh-History-Books/s?k=Rush+Limbaugh+History+Books
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:24:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FaygoJoe] [#2]
Christianbook.com has thousands of homeschool books from tons of publishers and authors.  I'm sure you can find something.  Navigate to homeschool subjects and history.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cjk:
I think Rush Limbaugh had history books for children.
https://www.amazon.com/Rush-Limbaugh-History-Books/s?k=Rush+Limbaugh+History+Books
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I think "Mystery of History" was a history curriculum that integrated the Bible with History...
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

This has been a good one for my kids. There is also a series called "Story of the World" that has an accompanying audio book, that approaches from a Christian perspective.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Tuttle twins books are great
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
Tuttle twins books are great
View Quote

yes, the kids really like those.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mohawk17:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293682/20230120_105626_jpg-2678932.JPG
This has been a good one for my kids. There is also a series called "Story of the World" that has an accompanying audio book, that approaches from a Christian perspective.
View Quote

My kids school (classical model school that is Christian that is two days in person and two days at home), uses Story of the World for the younger grades.  They seem to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:27:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frostinn] [#9]
My kids liked Story of the World Disks.... I liked them, they are Semi-Christian but not focused as strongly as I would like. The male narrator ones are best. I am new here but if I can help pm me... I think I can accept PMs, not sure. Hint: PM me.
I really should ask the wife about the books, we homeschooled 4 boys. But my job was teaching shop and driving and hunting and home repair and dumb things not to do while playing with fire.

American Heritage has a US history series (10 disk) this is pretty good... I found it repetitive in some ways... but I think now you can watch them on Youtube (but they will not embed in other web sites). You can rip them from Youtube if you know how, I just borrowed a buddy's copy and ripped into MKV format to watch here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up "Why America Matters" by Dr Ben Carson.  Good for 6-8 year Olds reading level.  Was like .50 at used book store.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By zapthycat:
I think "Mystery of History" was a history curriculum that integrated the Bible with History...
View Quote

We use this for home school and love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top