Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2023 10:39:51 AM EDT
Can you all chat with the brownells peeps and see if maybe a new rule of no making threads till you have been here for a year or made 500 posts.

It would seriously cut down on the clickbait bullshit threads and the spam.

Maybe something like 1 year or 500 posts to make a GD thread.

Maybe 30 days/50 posts to make a tech forum post.

Make it so they need to interact with the community before the diarrhea of the keyboard to make new threads.

Also please consider removing DoggoDaddies ability to create threads in general.

Thank you, all of GD.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. More rules are needed. I too have preferences that should be enforced on everyone. Because freedom.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Curtailing the freedom of someone you don't care for sounds about right for GD. Soon it will be because they didn't use the approved pronouns.

Everyday we stray farther.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Goatboy doesn't need Brownells approval for anything related to how this site is run.

This subject has been discussed many times. Ain't gonna happen.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Come and pay us money to join our forum.  After a year, we'll let you post something.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol how dare people discuss generally in general discussions

BTW some of the dumbest threads I see in GD are started by people who have been here for years. Maybe the internet is just not for you my friend
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:15:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K1LLD33R] [#6]
If theres anything worse than the worst burner troll acct...
It's older accts who plea to staff in an attempt to subvert others, under the impression that his fellow members cant discern content for their own damn selves
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#7]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Can you all chat with the brownells peeps and see if maybe a new rule of no making threads till you have been here for a year or made 500 posts.

It would seriously cut down on the clickbait bullshit threads and the spam.

Maybe something like 1 year or 500 posts to make a GD thread.

Maybe 30 days/50 posts to make a tech forum post.

Make it so they need to interact with the community before the diarrhea of the keyboard to make new threads.

Also please consider removing DoggoDaddies ability to create threads in general.

Thank you, all of GD.
View Quote
why would I ever join a forum where I can't post and ask questions?
You are a "forum-killer". Don't ever go into forum ownership, unless you can buy Reddit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread will not go as OP planned.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The new members keep this place afloat.

The old schoolers have all been banned, beaten down into silence or fled the scene.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
This thread will not go as OP planned.
View Quote

Yep Not all threads do. oh well. I am on a few other forums where it is actually a requirement. Especially for access to the sales areas (EE).

Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:39:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#11]
I'd like to suggest a no posting in the "Site Suggestions" forum until you have been a member for 20 years  
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Control called for by those who wish to complain about controlling people. Jesus we have come full circle in this crazy world.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vague:
Curtailing the freedom of someone you don't care for sounds about right for GD. Soon it will be because they didn't use the approved pronouns.

Everyday we stray farther.
View Quote
I work for a company of about 1500 employees. So far, I have only seen one employee with pronouns in their email signature. Up until recently was one of my direct reports, and is a fantastic employee and person overall. Leaves me scratching my head, for sure.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol.

More 'stop doing things I don't like'.

You are welcome to start a site with your own rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top