Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2024 1:01:47 PM EDT
Okay, ya'll I need some help with this airbrushing shit.

I got a set that had 3 different sized airbrushes. I used the smallest one first and it went really good, and then tried out the middle one, it sprayed really good.

Well I took them apart to clean them, and now they don't work, won't even spray water or thinner, air comes out but that is it, tried 15/20 pounds of air nothing.

How do you adjust them? the manuals don't say anything and I watched videos but I am doing something wrong.

The fine needles are not bent, everything is clean that I am aware of, the brass knurled part, how do you determine how far it screws in (red dot)?

and the needle retainer (blue dot)? I put needle in and snugged up the retainer and it moves the needle in and out.

I am missing something..HELP please

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: svt40] [#1]
The red adjustment is for your trigger travel.  In for less and out for more.

Blue is simply to lock the needle in place.  

Gently slide the needle in till it seats in the tip and tighten blue.  Do not force it or you could split the nozzle or bend the needle.

Also make sure the trigger is actually on the air valve.  Some guns can be put together with the trigger not on the valve and nothing will happen when pressed down.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess something is clogged then, it acts like a sand blaster when it can't pick up the sand
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
On my Iwata the red is tightened all the way down.  Has nothing to do with trigger travel.  It’s the packing and spring for the trigger.  Again, on my Iwata.  Finger tightened, not torqued.

When you press the trigger you should get air. Pull back on the trigger and the needle should pull back with it, thus allowing paint to be siphoned through the tip.

Where’s the back half of the airbrush?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I took it off for picture

I undid the tip with wrench I think it had crap on the o-ring, it sprayed after I cleaned it. Hope to try this weekend, but got a new tractor so that needs to be played with also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top