Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2022 12:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE]
Am about to purchase a "freedom" upper shortly. My SIL said to get a mid length gas system for several seemingly good reasons to do so. He told me that the carbine length system for one is not as smooth shooting as the mid length among several other factors that sound logical and reasonable to me. He also said to get the mid length model that has a nickel plated bolt for longevity as well. So, am I on the right path on this deal or not? Thanks in advance for you input. Jimbo
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vague] [#1]
He is correct in that midlength gas is not as harsh on your rifle. Nickel Boron BCG have gained alot of popularity because of their natural lubricity, and ease of cleaning. I don't own one, but many folks do. I have friends that have nib in every rifle.

He's not steering you wrong.

*Sounds like you've got a steady shooting partner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top