Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 3/13/2024 12:02:08 PM EDT
First 10 years of my marriage, we lived next to a couple that had two sons and a daughter.

The oldest son was very quiet and polite. The quiet son mowed our lawn when we were in the hospital delivering kids each time. He was always very respectful and I enjoyed the brief conversations we had. Well mannered, well kept, never any problems.

His parents got divorced and it was ugly. His mom started getting caught up on all the sport banging she felt she had missed out on and moved some beefcake in pretty quickly.

The quiet son went on to graduate from high school, stay at home and graduate from a local college in social work, bought a sporty little car, got a job working for Adult Protective Services as a case worker, got married to some girl he met in college, and moved out.

We moved too.

The quiet son and his wife quickly had two kids, then she decided they needed to get a divorce.

The quiet son went to the sister of his wife, who was baby-sitting his two young children, shot both children to death, shot and killed the sister in law, and then shot himself to death.

Aside from women I have known that confessed to abortions, and people that I have known that committed suicide, thats the only person I think I have ever know that straight up murdered anyone.

I have to say that of all the crazy people I have ever met in my life, I dont think I would have ever expected that the quiet son would have been anywhere near the top of the list of candidates that I would have thought anything like this would have happened.

I guess the message is, you never really truly know what darkness lurks in a mans heart
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
A guy I went to high school with fell deep into drugs shortly thereafter. He killed one of his cousins who had been selling him drugs and fucked him over a bunch of money one night. Shot him, ran him over with his truck, and left him laying in the middle of the dirt road in front of his house. Ended up in an armed standoff with police for half a day before surrendering.

He did fifteen years total I think, and got out a couple of years ago. He seems like a good dude now, and is busting his ass to get ahead in life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Define murderer. Anyone who grew up in a inner city knew at least a few but we're talking gang banger criminal types vs the cold blooded mass murder types. As a misguided yut I had several "roommates " who were murderers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean politician?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cda97] [#4]
Robert Yates was in my US Army unit at Ft. Drum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lee_Yates

Edit: Forgot about the high school kids who dropped a large rock from an overpass in Illinois and killed someone in a pickup truck.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
No but I knew a girl who dated one briefly.

One day she went on about how sweet her new boyfriend was and how they were going to spend a weekend together in his parents beautiful house etc. etc.

A few days passed and the cops showed up at her work and arrested her on the spot.

The guy had broken into a house, killed the homeowner, chopped him up and put him in a closet downstairs, removed pictures etc., then had his new girlfriend over for dinner, drinks, and coitus.

She was cleared of wrong doing, but never was the same after that.

Fucking weirdos out there for sure.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
my cousin shot his wife and stepson when he caught them smoking his meth

guy I was friends with in school bashed another guys head in.  

guy I was friends with shot another friend in the chest during an argument.

I may be missing a few, gotta think on it.  There's also the possibility of people I know who are at the root of missing persons cases.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#8]
Quite a few, one still employed by my family (he murdered the dude his wife was cheating on him with and only got five years).

One I went to school with just pled out to life last year. He was always weird and got expelled in his sophomore year.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APSArmament] [#9]
Yea. And he was a member here.

Shot his ex GF with a pistol i traded to him, no less. Gen 2 G19.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Two.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Worked with a guy that didn't show up one day. Turns out he strangled some tranny drug addict with his belt. Dude drove a mini van and the only things I ever saw him eat was candy and Rockstar. Weird sob
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I met a guy over coffee at a diner who shot his mailman.

Only found out after the fact, was told by my buddy who knew him from way back.

Older guy in his 70's. Don't know the details, but he had been out of prison for a few years by the time I met him.

Nice guy, we talked about square body Chevys over coffee for a bit. I've visited with him twice since then whenever I'm passing through.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, even spent a few days in South America with one when I was a kid. Richard Craft was my Dads engineer on a trip we flew with him on when Dad was a captain with Eastern. Dude was a bit odd.

Wife thru wood chipper
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Worked with a guy that didn't show up one day. Turns out he strangled some tranny drug addict with his belt. Dude drove a mini van and the only things I ever saw him eat was candy and Rockstar. Weird sob
View Quote

Sounds pretty radical.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CastleBravo91] [#15]
Dude I grew up with killed a woman in a DUI crash a few years out of high school. He's in Stateville prison right now, supposed to be paroled next month. 11 year sentence. But I guess that isn't Murder 1. I've heard rumors of some people I know who've murdered another and never got caught, but that's just hear-say. No one close to me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]
While working at a max sec prison I took in an imate, immediately thought I knew him but didnt recognize his name.

Few days later I pulled him aside. He served USMC with me. He killed another Marine room mate offbase but NCIS and CID ruled self defense. I guess he got a taste for blood. Transfered to Okinawa. Linked to another murder but could not get enough evidence to convict, discharged OTH. Few years later caught as a serial killer. He claimed 20+. Other states kept coming to get him to locate bodies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By APSArmament:
Yea. And he was a member here.

Shot his ex GF with a pistol i traded to him, no less. Gen 2 G19.
View Quote

Did he....by chance.....commit suicide later?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes. Carl Pressley and Bruce Harkey.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy I went to high school with.  Farming family, had a little money but was cocky and not all that smart.  He had a guy renting a house trailer from him on that was located on his farm.  Fellow wasn't paying the rent timely.  He went Billy bad ass trying to collect from the dude.  Got heated argument in front yard with the dude and pulled out a pistol on him and shot him in the head in front of witnesses.  Tried to claim self defense but it wasn't. Had good lawyer though and will only serve out 10 years I heard with credit for time served.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Grew up in South Dallas, so yeah not just murderers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes. I'll tell the story later when I get the chance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I knew Liko Kenney.  He lived 1/4 mile down the road from me. He shot Franconia PD Officer Bruce McKay and then ran him over. Chelone Miller was Liko’s passenger.  Floyd, a bystander attempted to aid Officer McKay. He used McKay’s gun to shoot Kenney, DRT.

Liko Kenney was a bum.  Chelone Miller was a bum.  Officer McKay could be an ass. Floyd was a convicted felon though I forget why.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I might have met Jeffrey Dahmer when I was a teen, but I haven't verified it.
Weird coincidences involved.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nicodemus7] [#24]
Many.

I was a Bondsman and in charge of recoveries the largest bail bond company in the region at the time.

Not a lot being charged with murder are bonded out but a lot of gang and cartel enforcers and hit men picked up on other charges are. They are usually the least exiting to recover also. For several reasons but one is you always roll heavy to pick them up.

ETA thinking back not many of those guys skipped court. They had connections compared to the average street criminal and went to court.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Guy I went to school with went on a multi-state robbery and murder spree 10 years after high school.
Got the needle in Ohio for it.
Dude was trouble long before that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coreseller] [#27]
Very nice well mannered young black guy use to work for me.  For whatever reason he decided after having been there for a year or so he wanted to take up the hoodrat lifestyle and began smoking and selling weed.

Had a talk with him one day asking where he thought that bullshit was going to take him, explained he wasn't built for jail (6' tall and probably 130lbs.), he sloughed it off as old white man talk.

Few months later he was arrested for shooting another guy in the face when he answered the door, killed him, drug related.  What an absolute waste of life.................

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/butler-county/harrison-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-fatal-shooting
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:22:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wizzi01] [#28]
A guy I used to work with. Some guys broke into his house and he was defending himself, but one guy ran off the porch and he shot him in the back. Of course he got fucked by the system.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Was in the same ROTC class as Christopher Porco.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I have an aunt who served time for murder.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#32]
This guy was friends with my mom when I was a kid living in Southern CA. Uncle Jimmy, LOL, used to give my brother and I rides to the beach. Never caught a weird vibe from him, but I was 10-11 years old. We had moved away before everything came about about the guy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#33]
One kid in high school that killed a girl he was into during lunch one day. Sad situation.

Then I met this guy at a lgs in Burbank. Talked to him for twenty minutes about Sigs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flcroc] [#34]
I don't think I've ever met or known any murderers.
I do know (or knew I guess) 3 people that were murdered.

ETA: I do 1 guy who shot and killed someone, but that was ruled self defense I think.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#35]
When I wads 16, I started dating a girl that was 18.  She had previously been dating and living with a guy who was 19.  One day she told me she was going to go get the rest of her stuff from her old apartment.  Old boyfriend decided to stab her to death.  He fled.  They caught him in either Texas or Oklahoma.  Fuck that guy.

Crazy enough,  my first girlfriend, and first "true love" (ages 12-14) was one of 2 girls involved in a "murder-suicide".  My ex, had gotten herself involved in some dark stuff at a very young age, and decided to commit suicide.  Her and another girl made a pact and followed through.  Never learned which one shot the other.

Have not thought of either one in over 20 years.  The what ifs of life are running wild in my mind today.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Old biker I did work for. Accused, never convicted of torching his shop with his business partner still inside.

Two brothers. Got real fucked up one night. One shot and killed the other.

A few folks wrecking while drunk/high, causing deaths.

Probably forgetting a few.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#37]
An uncle is doing life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#39]
2 of my former football players. Both involved women, cheating in some form or other.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#40]
About the closest I’ve come was knowing the guy that I sort of witnessed killing the county dog catcher for picking up his hunting dog, with a collar on him, and then had the dog immediately put down at the shelter.  
I knew of him because his wife came to my mom’s ceramics studio at the time.  
I was standing about 75’ away and heard them arguing about it. Then heard the pop from a .22 rifle.  
This was at a friends parents back yard auction barn, back in the early ‘80’s.  Auction nights got pretty heated.

Had an old school buddy I knew from the 5th grade all the way through high school graduation that got murdered, but it was a major coverup.  He got a job as a prison guard at the new prison that was just built. Again, 1980’s.  Apparently he died after he drank too much and fell asleep on the railroad tracks and got hit by a train.  Never mind this guy never touched alcohol any other time in his life and never mind that the railroad tracks were miles from his home and his car. And the guy was high on life because he had just met a girl that took a liking to him.  He was always one of those nerdy guys in high school that girls paid no attention to.  
His brother told me that he had a conversation with him a few days earlier about hearing something he shouldn’t have between inmates.  Wouldn’t repeat it to him, but he didn’t know how to handle the situation and wanted his brothers opinion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#41]
My cousin strangled his ex-wife.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep friend of mine in high school shot his mom in the head and killed her just because his girlfriend broke up him.
Police got him while he was on his way to go kill her.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Knew both parties of a murder suicide.   She was the murderer when he said he want to break up but they were still living together until she found another place.  She did, a hole in the ground.

She was a dark goth chick.  His about to be ex wife was way hotter so I always questioned his judgement.

There have been others but I am drawing a blank at the moment.   Four kiddie touchers that I recall.  
The first one was a tall bully, the village asshole, he was raping his own very young kids.   Grandma hid him out in the manhunt.  He was eventually caught and tried to kill a jail deputy during an escape.
the second was a state trooper which shocked me, he was foundling the girlfriend’s kids and it turns out he was abused as a kid,....shocker there.
third was a state forest ranger that had underage angst laden boy teens living with him, yea not suspicious at all.
fourth was a town cop in that same area doing the exact same thing.
forgot a fifth.....hunter ed instructor was molesting the step kids.   I always knew he was off but that one surprised me, it shouldn’t have in hind sight.
Sadly that pedo scumbag list is longer than the murderer list.

I had LE dealings with scumbags that were later murderers.   Not surprised as they were on that road.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#44]
My wife's brother is in jail for life plus 40 years for a murder.  I only met him once and understand he was always a shit bag.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoonerBorn] [#45]
A guy I went to high school with and considered a friend murdered his girlfriend when she broke up with him.  

I saw him the weekend before at a bar.  He looked angry and I asked him about it and he just brushed the question off and left soon afterwards.  The next week he hit her over the head with a pipe.  I called the police to tell them I saw him a few days earlier and he looked angry and like he was looking for someone.  They never followed up with me, but I'm guessing they had a slam dunk case and didn't need me since he got life in prison.

Edit:  Just looked him up.  He was up for parole about a year back and it was denied.  He also has 2 concurrent sentences of 10 and 20 years for what looks like an assault in prison and having contraband.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#46]
My kids went to a Montessori school for a number of years.  In addition to paying tuition we also had work days.  I remember working with one guy who had a lovely, red-headed wife and four beautiful daughters.  He seemed hard working, but he was kinda quiet.

Another Montessori parent and her daughter were taking home one of the four girls after school.  They pulled up and the girl knocked on her front door because it was locked.  Eventually the mom gets out of the car with her daughter and they knock on the door, too.  Finally, they walk around to the back of the house and through the sliding glass door they see the mom and dad on the floor dead.  He shot his wife and then took his life.  

That was the saddest funeral I've ever attended.  The four girls went to live with their grandparents in Idaho, I think.

Can't find a link to the news story.  Would have been 2005-2008 time frame.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:36:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reubjames] [#47]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
Dude I grew up with killed a woman in a DUI crash a few years out of high school. He's in Stateville prison right now, supposed to be paroled next month. 11 year sentence. But I guess that isn't Murder 1. I've heard rumors of some people I know who've murdered another and never got caught, but that's just hear-say. No one close to me.
View Quote

Death caused by DWI can be a murder. My wife sat on a jury that convicted a 3rd time DWI offender for murder when he killed someone while driving drunk. Since he killed someone during the commission of a felony (3rd DWI), the charge was moved up from intoxicated manslaughter to murder. He was given a 20 year prison sentence.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Went to elementary school and middle school with one. He was at several of my birthday parties growing up. Was convicted of second degree murder that occurred in 2004. Don't know any of the specifics about the case but his scheduled release date is in 2028.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#50]
One of my best friends that I've known since 5th grade was involved in a self defense shooting about 10 years ago. Was charged with murder, went to trial and found not guilty.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top