Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The bearings on those Chicom drawers are garbage.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mattellis2:

HF jackstands though!
View Quote

Hf jackstands work fine Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I used them in the garage and the gun room loading bench loaded in welded steel frames.  Pretty happy with them.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I need a new box for work. My 5 drawer with side box is getting very crowded.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#5]
They spam you with 25% coupons every month or so that have no restrictions if you sign up for their email.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Underaid702:

actually a snap on lol but a ICON would suffice.

only close up pic of the box i have of it for some reason lol
https://i.imgur.com/4asUGVo.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ZJxAZI1.jpeg
View Quote

What lift is that and how narrow a vehicle can you put up on one?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't include these guys... Could use the roller and one stacker.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Well shit, been thinking about getting the smallest roll around lower box for a cart, may check out out tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:

If it includes ICON I would do it in a heartbeat.
View Quote

Check out the scratch and dent site. I ordered a hutch, top, and side cabinet for my KRL.  Zero complaints and minimal damage to them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#11]
@fadedsun

How do you like the open bottom car?  My thought is getting the 27 inch roller cabinet for the additional drawer space, and using the top for shit, vs having to open it.  Guess it's also that I don't use sockets regularly.  More likely to use screwdrivers and pliers on "ranchy" fixes.

I maybe it's just me, but my open bottom stuff just gets junk accumulated.

Either way I'm putting four swivel casters on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:52:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#12]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:
@fadedsun

How do you like the open bottom car?  My thought is getting the 27 inch roller cabinet for the additional drawer space, and using the top for shit, vs having to open it.  Guess it's also that I don't use sockets regularly.  More likely to use screwdrivers and pliers on "ranchy" fixes.

View Quote

I like it. I have the 30 inch 5 drawer cabinet. I’m possibly going to upgrade it with dual side cabinets at a later date or get the larger icon 72” toolbox

The open bottom is handy for throwing consumables and other stuff into.

I’d happily get it again, I got it on sale and coupled with the harbor freight credit card it works out pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Those ICON 72"s are really tempting
View Quote
do it.gif
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
do it.gif
View Quote

If you use the hf card you can get zero percent financing
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#15]
The 6 drawer full bank mechanic cart is the real gem of the US General box lineup.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I like it. I have the 30 inch 5 drawer cabinet. I’m possibly going to upgrade it with dual side cabinets at a later date or get the larger icon 72” toolbox

I’d happily get it again, I got it on sale and coupled with the harbor freight credit card it works out pretty good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@fadedsun

Well, I asked for your opinion, and promptly went and bought what I wanted originally.  So far so good, but will be getting two more swivel casters.

Really needed something better than the tiny craftsman thing I bought secondhand 20 years ago or so.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Well, I asked for your opinion, and promptly went and bought what I wanted originally.  So far so good, but will be getting two more swivel casters.

Really needed something better than the tiny craftsman thing I bought secondhand 20 years ago or so.
View Quote

You'll like it. I had a smaller generic home depot "waterloo" brand my dad gave me years ago and a craftsman larger, folding out kit he gave me probably 10-15 years ago.

It was time for an upgrade.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
These have been great little roll around units. The red one has SAE stuff and the blue one has commie metric stuff.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78788/1000001472-3074966.jpg
View Quote

Why is the commie metric in the blue and not the red?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]

You'll like it. I had a smaller generic home depot "waterloo" brand my dad gave me years ago and a craftsman larger, folding out kit he gave me probably 10-15 years ago.

View All Quotes

It's certainly not wobbly and rattly.  That alone is worth it.  Really do want the additional swivel casters.  Picked up two at the store, but they don't match the threaded holes in the bottom.  Guess I'll try out the ability to get replacement parts.  Already found the part number, which is nice to be able to find online, just can't order online yet, and have to call in apparently.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#20]

It's certainly not wobbly and rattly.  That alone is worth it.  Really do want the additional swivel casters.  Picked up two at the store, but they don't match the threaded holes in the bottom.  Guess I'll try out the ability to get replacement parts.  Already found the part number, which is nice to be able to find online, just can't order online yet, and have to call in apparently.
View Quote

Just as a FYI McMaster-Carr has hundreds of casters in stock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]
do it.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Those ICON 72"s are really tempting
do it.gif

Probably will this fall. Garage and workshop interior is this years project. Need to insulate, build walls, and shelving first.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DamascusKnifemaker] [#22]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

Why is the commie metric in the blue and not the red?
View Quote

Because the commie democratic media label themselves as blue.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jeffg:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeffg:

Yup, but I kinda want a handle on both sides now, and have to return the casters I already bought.  Already ordered more wrench/screwdriver organizational stuff from other places.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top