Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2021 5:00:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By HIPERFIRE_Official:
HIPERFIRE reduced the size of the HIPERCOMP 556 recoil compensator for 5.56 NATO and .223 REMINGTON ammunition by giving it the same external envelope as the MIL Birdcage flash hider. Amazingly, it features the lowest felt recoil performance of any compensator HIPERFIRE staff could test.

The data HIPERFIRE released last week was predicated on computer simulations using Fluent Software from ANSYS. View the latest summary video covering recoil performance predictions on HIPERFIRE's Home page at www.hiperfire.com or HIPERFIRE's Youtube channel.

HIPERFIRE personnel discusses what the predictive data told them. The goal was to maximize the propellant gas exhaust effects to push the compensator and connected rifle away from the shooter. The search for this optimal design did not entail hardware design iterations, which saved a lot of time and money. After the final design satisfied the computer performance modeling, it was committed to hardware verification. No other recoil compensators perform better at reducing recoil. Visit www.hiperfire.com for more information. In the following weeks, we will publish other information that demonstrates HIPERCOMP's engineered effectiveness.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490207/HIPERFIRE_CalculatedRecoilForcebyCFD_202-2092009.jpg
View Quote

@OP what barrel length and profile was this designed around? What changes in barrel length and barrel profile impact performance?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
@OP

I guess I should ask it this way:
What rifle and ammo configuration did you use as your ideal model when you went to the design board and then built for real life test?

Your product release indicated that you used computer modeling and real life testing. As a guy who's got a few lowers waiting to be built out, I'm interested in giving this brake a try so I was wanting to know what your recommended barrel length, profile, material, twist rate and ammunition data was so I could replicate a system you've already put the work into optimizing for the brake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top