Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2024 12:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smitty908]
@TripleC
@Member13
@RattleCanAR
@Ajek
@swar15

The league I'm in is starting a 10-race series of Gr.3 cars this Sunday.

We race every Sunday at 8:15 PM EST.

35 lap races so it takes about an hour.

If you want in, shoot me a message or send me a request on PSN (FourFanTrashCan)

We are having a driver meeting tomorrow evening.

We've been testing the Gr. 3 stuff and have settled on no BoP, PP limit of 765.

We will go around the globe, and will race with whatever the local weather is on that day IRL.

Schedule:
Jan 7th: Dragon Trail Seaside
Jan 14th: Monza
Jan 21st: Nurburgring GP
Jan 28th: Kyoto Yamagiwa / Miyabi
Feb 4th: Mt. Panorama
Feb 11th: Interlagos
Feb 25th: Road Atlanta
March 3rd: Barcelona-Catalunya (with chicane)
March 10th: Lemans (24 hr time format)
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the team meeting Thursday and what time?  VIA what format/system?

One car for the series?

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Is the team meeting Thursday and what time?  VIA what format/system?

One car for the series?

View Quote

Yep, Thursday evening (about 8PM EST) We'll open a room for folks to test / tune in and we'll have a party/lobby open for voice chat to go over the details.

We have a discord where we have all the rules / standings / photos / schedule etc posted.

The guy that runs it (Mike) will want to run a few laps with you just to chat before he sends you the invite for discord.

Yeah, whichever car you decide to run you have to stick with for the series.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Smitty908:

Yep, Thursday evening (about 8PM EST) We'll open a room for folks to test / tune in and we'll have a party/lobby open for voice chat to go over the details.

We have a discord where we have all the rules / standings / photos / schedule etc posted.

The guy that runs it (Mike) will want to run a few laps with you just to chat before he sends you the invite for discord.

Yeah, whichever car you decide to run you have to stick with for the series.

View Quote

I have never successfully got into a league of sorts.

I found online racing very frustrating because it seems like racing is Mario Karting.

I pretty much suck so there is that.

I think I found an old friend request from you and accepted it.

Below is my profile. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]

I have never successfully got into a league of sorts.

I found online racing very frustrating because it seems like racing is Mario Karting.

I pretty much suck so there is that.

I think I found an old friend request from you and accepted it.

Below is my profile. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/IMG_5143_jpeg-3080695.JPG
View Quote

Gotcha, I shot you a message on there.

Don't worry about being the fastest.

Our focus is on clean racing. You'll get faster racing with these guys. Everyone of us there have improved in speed and just racing etiquette in general.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I responded, my mic/earphones are just jacked into my controller.  I don't even use the controller except turn the system on.  The controller finally died yesterday.  I can race and drive but can't talk.  I will be going to Walmart in the AM to get a new controller (PS4).  I home from work getting over a bat flu.  Chatting via my wheel clicks was a total pain in the ass.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
@TripleC
@Member13
@RattleCanAR
@Ajek
@swar15
View Quote

I think you can't @ more than 4 people at a time. I didn't get a notification and just happened to see this thread.

I appreciate the offer, but I'll be travelling on several of those dates and will be unavailable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

I think you can't @ more than 4 people at a time. I didn't get a notification and just happened to see this thread.

I appreciate the offer, but I'll be travelling on several of those dates and will be unavailable.
View Quote

No worries.

Thanks, I did not know that about the limit on tagging people.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I responded, my mic/earphones are just jacked into my controller.  I don't even use the controller except turn the system on.  The controller finally died yesterday.  I can race and drive but can't talk.  I will be going to Walmart in the AM to get a new controller (PS4).  I home from work getting over a bat flu.  Chatting via my wheel clicks was a total pain in the ass.  LOL
View Quote

No worries!

I was late getting on last night. Had to set up one of the kids' "gaming rig" that Santa brought

I did get on and update / calibrate / map my new wheel and get a livery ready..

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I sent you an add on PSN. I just got GT7 for Christmas, so I am just getting in to it. Played a ton of GT5 back in the day.

In case I can't get in for this league, maybe the next one. Username is Socom_145
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:18:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Smitty908] [#10]
Originally Posted By GradyA:
I sent you an add on PSN. I just got GT7 for Christmas, so I am just getting in to it. Played a ton of GT5 back in the day.

In case I can't get in for this league, maybe the next one. Username is Socom_145
View Quote

Gotcha, sent you one.

ETA: The drivers meeting is tonight. We should see if we have an additional slot available by then. Last “season” we ran two rooms, but it looks like we might just be at one full room for this one. Regardless you are welcome to jump into some practices in the meantime to get a feel for the group
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Gotcha, sent you one.

ETA: The drivers meeting is tonight. We should see if we have an additional slot available by then. Last “season” we ran two rooms, but it looks like we might just be at one full room for this one. Regardless you are welcome to jump into some practices in the meantime to get a feel for the group
View Quote

Received and added.

What time is the drivers meeting? I may just jump in with the group and practices to sharpen my driving back up before actually joining in the league.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I am leaning towards the Mazda GT3 VGT.  I tested a number of cars so far.

I will get a BMW to test today.

I picked up a controller so I can voice via earbuds. That has worked well for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smitty908] [#13]
I am leaning towards the Mazda GT3 VGT.  I tested a number of cars so far.

I will get a BMW to test today.

I picked up a controller so I can voice via earbuds. That has worked well for me.
View Quote

@ RattleCanAR I think the VGT / Prototypre cars arent allowed in this one. Only "real-world" GT3 cars.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smitty908] [#14]
Originally Posted By GradyA:

Received and added.

What time is the drivers meeting? I may just jump in with the group and practices to sharpen my driving back up before actually joining in the league.
View Quote

@ GradyA 8:15PM EST.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]

@ RattleCanAR I think the VGT / Prototypre cars arent allowed in this one. Only "real-world" GT3 cars.
View Quote

Copy

Will test just those.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I looked at the dates, many overlap with days that I am shooting matches.  I am out.  Shooting>GT7.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:41:47 AM EDT
[#17]
We're going to be doing a similar league starting on May 1, racing every other week ending on 8/07.  

Gt3 cars (pick one for the whole series)
750pp/no BOP
90 minutes
2x tire/fuel

Sunday nights are no good for me so I don't think I'd have jumped in this one anyway but it's good to know there's interest here.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top