Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:

One bitcoin is now worth more than 1kg of gold coins.
View Quote

So was a cord of tulips
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Square66] [#2]
Originally Posted By somaliskinnypirate:

Fantasy? Forgone conclusion
View Quote

Fantasy in the sense I’ve even seen him say he looks forward to it.

Be careful what you wish for.  The dollar going down the toilet is a nightmare scenario for all of us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Gold hasn't increased in value since I started paying attention to it around 2005.  

The dollar has dropped in value by roughly 65%
View Quote

That is exactly its purpose.

Many things are better investments.

A 1964 quarter has always bought a gallon of gas.

I'm glad I have both.  I keep a certain amount of cash and metals next to each other in a safe. It helps me sleep better.

If the grid takes a shit, I have no way to cash out my Bitcoin or stocks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Square66:

The idea of the dollar going away seems to be a fantasy of yours.   You do realize that if this happens it won’t matter how much gold, silver, dirt you own, it will be a hellscape for everyone involved?   Everything will be scarce and hard to come by.  Social order will totally break down.  We will all be poor and miserable regardless of asset allocation.  

The gold and silver might help preserve wealth on the other side of a collapse, but how many years will that be and will you survive to see it?

View Quote

First, we'll always have a dollar; just not the Federal Reserve Note.

In a Biblical reset ala Noah all the gold in the world won't save you.  However, in a non-Biblical reset humanity survives and rebuilds.  Greeks didn't vanish when the Ottomans conquered them.  Rome fell but the Italians stayed around.  Ditto w/the multitude of Chinese dynasties.  Same w/the fall of the Mayans or Incas.  People survive.

I'm old and may not live to see the rebuilding of a new society.  Doesn't matter if I survive (and death is the price of life) but unlike GD's common advice/suggestion I'm not wasting financial resources on hookers 'n blow.  Think generational so groom your youngers.  Ich dienst.  As to duration of SHTF that depends on how fast do we reject CBDC and how fast does society take to pull itself together?  If society doesn't do the former it will become Satan Klaus' mother-WEFers dystopian world.  Crunchy bugs, own nut'n and be happy!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:55:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter] [#5]

Be careful what you wish for.  The dollar going down the toilet is a nightmare scenario for all of us.
View Quote

It's unavoidable and the mathematically the debt is impossible to pay.  It's also the very nature of the fractional banking system.  Do you know how "money" (term used loosely) is  created?  

Yes our currency collapse is going to be traumatic but its part of the birthing pains needed for a reinvigorated America.  It's a way to flush the toilet of the filfth and corruption that infects us.

Patriot Act would have been rejected by the founders.  We have a Stasi state.  Still want your spouse get groped by strangers at the airport?
0-care wasn't about heath but control & Standard of Care and not best possible treaatment for aan individual so if a loved one dies tough sh*t. Std of care was satisfied.
NDAA 2012 enabled the government to take anything in a declared military emergency.  Your gold, gonnes, socks for its cotton, wife's hosiery for its nylon, Gas in your tractor/truck, your tractor and YOU if they need farm hands b/c ph*ck the 14th Amendment Clause about involuntary servitude.
World War III.  The orchestrators of the '20 coup are pushing us into it.  Better the dollar die or would you rather have mushrooms growing everywhere?
Lawfare.

Restore the Constitution as the rule of law.  We can't vote our way out of it and back to the America we cherished.  UniParty won't let us but a good flush will.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Riter:

Rising metal prices suggest a lost of public faith in its currency.
View Quote

"Dollar down . . . Gold up"

It's really pretty simple.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#7]

He's probably heavily involved in the feds manipulation of the gold market
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Moved my cash to gold in Nov. 2022 and bought 41 ounces @ $1635.00.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Perception.

Gold has been valuable since the dawn of mankind. It's not an investment in modern society. If you're viewing it as an investment, stop and invest into your corrupt banks and let them hold your money. See how that works out for you in a SHTF, financial collapse, bank runs scenario, grids down, etc. Not to say those aren't great ways to invest but, if you want something tangible in your hand that's always been valuable, grab some metals. I started buying in early 2000's with the intent of never selling.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:
View Quote

Gold saw a 26% increase in that time.
The S&P500, with dividends reinvested, saw a 36% increase during that same time frame.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

The S&P500, with dividends reinvested, saw a 36% increase during that same time frame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know, that’s why I only keep 4% to 5% of my portfolio in PM’s. I have very little in the dollar.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]

I know, that’s why I only keep 4% to 5% of my portfolio in PM’s. I have very little in the dollar.
View All Quotes

Sound plan.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like some Chinese guys may have been caught trying to manipulate silver/gold prices.  This may be an interesting week.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Shanghai popped hard Monday morning.

Gold futures up 3%
Silver futures up 7% limit.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Come on $3000 gold and $80 silver.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By heat762:
Come on $3000 gold and $80 silver.
View Quote
If so, all of us Numismatic nerds will rule the all the MILFs on planet Earth...Yes!!
I keep hearing when Gold hits 2,600 the fast run up is on. Could hit 3,000 to $3.300.
Wake me up when silver hits $45.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lawmonkey:

I'm glad I have both.  I keep a certain amount of cash and metals next to each other in a safe. It helps me sleep better.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lawmonkey:
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Gold hasn't increased in value since I started paying attention to it around 2005.  

The dollar has dropped in value by roughly 65%

This, and if the banks or stock exchange fear a 'RUN' trading will pause.

If you do not hold it you do not own it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Perception.

Gold has been valuable since the dawn of mankind. It's not an investment in modern society. If you're viewing it as an investment, stop and invest into your corrupt banks and let them hold your money. See how that works out for you in a SHTF, financial collapse, bank runs scenario, grids down, etc. Not to say those aren't great ways to invest but, if you want something tangible in your hand that's always been valuable, grab some metals. I started buying in early 2000's with the intent of never selling.
View Quote

In an economic collapse. Gold  and silver will open doors and make things available to you that fiat currency won't.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By somaliskinnypirate:

Fantasy? Forgone conclusion

Well it's getting pretty obvious at this point that we have a date with destiny, and she ordered the lobster.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dropdbombnow:

View All Quotes

Not this time for some reason?  The dollar has been trending up recently along with gold.

This time is different?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

The S&P500, along with the rest of the market is overdue to take a hit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Right now there is a difference of $80 in gold and $3 in silver between the Asian markets and that of COMEX.  This creates arbitrage as the Asians buy from Comex, take delivery and then sell to the East.  The West gets drained of its metals because of its stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#25]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

View All Quotes

You cannot time the market.  Those that think they can, always lose in the long run.  Taking a hit is nothing to a long game.

"Gold is in a bubble, and due to take a hit".  We can all make up speculations.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Right now there is a difference of $80 in gold and $3 in silver between the Asian markets and that of COMEX.  This creates arbitrage as the Asians buy from Comex, take delivery and then sell to the East.  The West gets drained of its metals because of its stupidity.
View Quote

Things that just don't actually happen, except on zerohedge.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter] [#27]

Things that just don't actually happen, except on zerohedge.
View Quote

Sure thing trade genius.  Here's a song for you:

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Riter:...I'm old and may not live to see the rebuilding of a new society.  Doesn't matter if I survive (and death is the price of life) but unlike GD's common advice/suggestion I'm not wasting financial resources on hookers 'n blow.  Think generational so groom your youngers.  Ich dienst.  As to duration of SHTF that depends on how fast do we reject CBDC and how fast does society take to pull itself together?  If society doesn't do the former it will become Satan Klaus' mother-WEFers dystopian world.  Crunchy bugs, own nut'n and be happy!
View Quote

Posters on GD advise others to engage in hookers and blow? Do some posters engage in those vices?

That guy Klaus scares me. OTOH, he has been around since the 1970s yakking away.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sgtgrits:

Not this time for some reason?  The dollar has been trending up recently along with gold.

This time is different?
View Quote

Will we be #2 or #52…

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

Will we be #2 or #52…

View Quote

Damn , in my mind platinum just seems like a screaming opportunity to me . Palladium as well . Both for long term of course .
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Posters on GD advise others to engage in hookers and blow? Do some posters engage in those vices?

That guy Klaus scares me. OTOH, he has been around since the 1970s yakking away.
View Quote

I don't know about who engages in those vices but "hookers and blow" is pretty standard advice given in jest in GeeDee.

Concur with you that Satan Klaus is scary.  Martin Armstrong knows him personally and says he's a communist and like all commies, a control freak.  Everyone at the WEF has to march in step with his directives.  Very German of him.

Fortunately they are already failing and the theme of their last conferernce was "rebuilding trust."  El Oh El as no one will ever trust those bozos.  European people are rebelling against theirr agenda (farmer protests in the Netherlands, France, Germany; Poland and Hungarry rejecting entry of rapefugees, etc.).
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#32]
*$2,300+

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Yup, gold might be one of the worst possible investments
View Quote

It’s never been an “investment”. It’s a hedge against currency debasement.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't know about who engages in those vices but "hookers and blow" is pretty standard advice given in jest in GeeDee.

Concur with you that Satan Klaus is scary.  Martin Armstrong knows him personally and says he's a communist and like all commies, a control freak.  Everyone at the WEF has to march in step with his directives.  Very German of him.

Fortunately they are already failing and the theme of their last conferernce was "rebuilding trust."  El Oh El as no one will ever trust those bozos.  European people are rebelling against theirr agenda (farmer protests in the Netherlands, France, Germany; Poland and Hungarry rejecting entry of rapefugees, etc.).
View All Quotes

I don't know who Martin Armstrong is.

About the rapefugees, I guess the refugees are committing rapes. People in Germany are worried about being accused of being Nazis if they treat refugees badly. I heard in parts of Eastern Europe the men have no such fears and beat up the refugees that get fresh with the female citizens.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:

One bitcoin is now worth more than 1kg of gold coins.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#36]

I don't know who Martin Armstrong is.

About the rapefugees, I guess the refugees are committing rapes. People in Germany are worried about being accused of being Nazis if they treat refugees badly. I heard in parts of Eastern Europe the men have no such fears and beat up the refugees that get fresh with the female citizens.
View Quote

@peacematu - The movie The Forecaster was based on Armstrong.  He was imprisoned falsely (lawfare) by the fed who wanted him to surrender his Socrates program (no conviction).   Fed likes to flex its muscle to show it has a bigger d*ck.  BTW, Touch Some Arse tried that with me on unfinished flintlock (not federally regulated, not even working since no touchhole) that was declared (but they said I didn't).  Anyway, here's his website:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/  

Here is his latest interview by USA Watchdog's Greg Hunter:  https://usawatchdog.com/biden-8-approval-means-panic-war-martin-armstrong/
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#37]
@Riter

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#38]

Will we be #2 or #52…

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sgtgrits:

This time is different?

Will we be #2 or #52…

Italy is 143.
Greece is 160
Singapore is 168
Sudan is 238
Japan is 251

Countries that "defaulted" in the past after crossing 130:

Canada
Greece
Australia
Japan
Germany
France
UK
Spain

Those countries don't exist anymore, right?

What your "stat" leaves out (other than also being wrong) is that ALMOST ALL of these defaults occurred during or prior to WW2.

It is a fear statement.

It is bad (I am not saying it is good or OK).  But in the post-war period, it might not be the boogeyman narrative you'd like it to be.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Gold's up to $2,372
Silver's up to $28.52
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:30:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#40]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Gold's up to $2,372
Silver's up to $28.52
View Quote

The problem with Silver at $28.50 right now is the premiums.  The big dealers buy prices (what physical silver is *actually* worth) are the lowest I have seen in over a decade.  

Dealers are paying $1 over spot for BU eagles.
Maples are at spot.
1 ounce bars are $1.25 less than spot.
10 ounce bars of $1.50 less than spot.

Not long ago, you could get $8 over spot for eagles.

So when silver SPOT price goes up, the premiums paid go down.  When silver was $20 an ounce, you could get $28 for your eagles.  When silver is $28 an ounce, you can get $29 for your eagles.  One year ago today, silver SPOT was $25, but you could get $31.50 for your eagles.

You will REALLY get screwed at smaller local dealers.

Demand for physical silver must be VERY low at these premiums.  I don't follow SPOT all that closely, I follow what physical silver is actually worth - which is what the big online dealers will pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#41]
All this money pouring into Gold and Silver recently...  Something's going on here.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#42]
1:83 GSR right now
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Glad I stocked up but I still think my brass investment a lil ahead.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Terriblis:
Looks like I will have to continue buying silver like the poors.
View Quote

That flex hurts.  I’m so poor my precious metals collection consists of pennies found on the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I sold a few silver rounds today  to get some pocket money before the dip, didn't get spot but still made a nice profit
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#46]
All this money pouring into Gold and Silver recently...  Something's going on here.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Why anyone would choose to have faith in a centrally controlled fiat dollar issued by a private banking cartel to begin with is beyond me.

Hopefully the world wakes up and dumps the central banking scam that spread like a disease for the last 100 or so years around the earth.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:

That flex hurts.  I’m so poor my precious metals collection consists of pennies found on the sidewalk.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:
Originally Posted By Terriblis:
Looks like I will have to continue buying silver like the poors.

Copper is at 4.35 a pound. 1981 and older(and some 1982) pennies are 95% copper, so it only takes 154 of them to make a pound.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Who is doing the next arfcoin?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Interesting that there's very little mention of this in the news media.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top