Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:14 PM EDT
Hello all, we were considering taking our 6 year old to his first movie theater experience to see Godzilla x Kong.  We recently let him watch the first Godzilla vs Kong film from a few years ago and he loved it.  Now he wants to see the new one since he saw the preview on the TV the other night.  My question for those who have seen the movie is whether it is appropriate for a 6 y.o. or if it is filled with language or woke nonsense.  I don't want to discover in the theater that it's got homo stuff or any scenes that would keep him up at nights.  Just reaching out to see what the hive's opinion is on this, since I don't trust mainstream reviews.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#1]
No, not really. There's a crap ton of monster violence and some language (no f bombs that I can recall). I didn't pick up on any woke agenda.

The best thing they did for the franchise is write Millie Bobbi Brown out of the story. The black dude that plays teh conspiracyt theory podcaster is back and he's hysterical.

If your kid can stand lots of monster violence, it's good.

ETA: There's a scene where Kong meets all the other apes and eventually meets Skar king. Skar king is a big bully and kills other apes who defy or fail him. This traumatizes the small, young ape, and it's implied that the older ape who looks out for him could be his father. That ape gets tossed into the lava. Aside from that the monster violence and gore is no worse than the previous film.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh no, there goes Tokyo !
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Just saw the movie and it was excellent. It followed up really nicely with the first one your kid saw. He should definitely see this one, too.  No woke crap or bad language i noticed. I lived Destroy All Monsters as a kid and that was my favorite until now. This one tops that. Lots of happy scenes, too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Great movie, went to see it with my 7 year old son when it came out.  Nothing to be concerned about
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
No, not really. There's a crap ton of monster violence and some language (no f bombs that I can recall). I didn't pick up on any woke agenda.

The best thing they did for the franchise is write Millie Bobbi Brown out of the story. The black dude that plays teh conspiracyt theory podcaster is back and he's hysterical.

ETA: There's a scene where Kong meets all the other apes and eventually meets Skar king. Skar king is a big bully and kills other apes who defy or fail him. This traumatizes the small, young ape, and it's implied that the older ape who looks out for him could be his father. That ape gets tossed into the lava. Aside from that the monster violence and gore is no worse than the previous film.
View Quote

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the time you took replying.  We may take him to see it when the audience thins in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

View Quote

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the time you took replying.  We may take him to see it when the audience thins in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LKE1861:

View Quote

Went with my son to see it in 3D last tuesday and there were plenty of seats.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LKE1861:

View Quote

I saw it opening weekend and the theater was only 60% full. I'd think by now, on a matinee show - that theater is likely 20% full.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:39:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#10]
If you're not failure with IMDb's features there's a "Parrents' Guide" to the movie.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

I don't watch many movies post-1970 and their guides have been spot on and not woke. They tell you what the audience sees.

Like under the violence and gore for this movie one of the things they say is Kong eats a dead hyena to intimidate its pack. and We breafily see the lower half of a cadaver laying in a puddle of water with some blood on the clothes and on the water. Mild Profanity: Occasional uses of "shit", "piss", "bloody hell", 'ass", "damn", "hell" and "god". -- they report, you decide.

IMDb is Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it on opening night

Zero woke shit.

Storyline is a very basic good vs. evil. Kong is the standout as  he is badass in a fight but merciful and forgiving, which gets him in trouble initially but winds up saving him later.

The villain isn't particularly threatening or scary. As previous poster said he's a bully who rules by fear and gets what's coming to him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top