BCM
User Panel

Gladiator (Page 2 of 10)
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Agilt:

The 3.6 has generally been a good engine.

The 3.8 was not very well liked
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
Is Jeep still using the 3.6 pentastar minivan engine? What a POS it is?

3.6 Pentastars eat rockers and camshafts...they've only been making the engine forever, but can't seem to figure out metallurgy that will allow the engine to not eat itself?  The only positive is you can fix the oil filter housing that's about to start leaking if it hasn't already while you're in there replacing rockers/lifters/camshafts....
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Scored a deal on Gladiator wheels for my Commander. Even came with decent Bridgestone tires, plus the unused spare. $100.
Had to use spacers to mount them and change the TPS sensors but that was fairly cheap.

Now I'm a Commander Gladiator, how fukken cool is that ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bloviator:

3.6 Pentastars eat rockers and camshafts...they've only been making the engine forever, but can't seem to figure out metallurgy that will allow the engine to not eat itself?  The only positive is you can fix the oil filter housing that's about to start leaking if it hasn't already while you're in there replacing rockers/lifters/camshafts....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bloviator:

They are in the 3rd generation now, those are old problems
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Didn't the pentastar engine have that plastic oil filter  cooler that leaked after about 60,000 miles.

Had about 87 o2 sensors?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Welp I guess I am off to the stealership soon to maybe trade my JL in for one . It’s all about the looks, honestly .
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
Welp I guess I am off to the stealership soon to maybe trade my JL in for one . It’s all about the looks, honestly .
View Quote

Standing by for pics.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Hated to sell mine, still miss it.

Stock tires/65-70mph across Arkansas averaged 27-28mpgs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Didn't the pentastar engine have that plastic oil filter  cooler that leaked after about 60,000 miles.

Had about 87 o2 sensors?
View Quote

Yes. Everything has plastic everything now. And ten million sensors and servos.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chadnutz:

Isn't it interesting how the people that don't have (or want) one don't like them, and the people that have them like them?  Perhaps the former should avoid giving their input it threads like this and leave it to the people that have actually driven one...
View Quote
Drove a new 2020 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr once on a test drive. Pretty much took them right off my list of vehicles I was interested in. Drive was, ahem, "eventfull". Since I do alot of highway driving, we ventured out on the highway. Saleman was constantly telling me about features (and just wouldnt shut up) on the roads to the highway (25-40mph roads). Got on the highway rolling around 60 (55 zone). Felt fine. Road was smooth. 5 min into being on the highway the steering wheel started vibrating. Said something about it to the salesguy and then holy hell let loose. Damn thing felt like all 4 wheels and every suspension bolt came loose and was all over the road. Got off the gas and got it slowed down and over to the shoulder and stopped. Salesman was scared shitless and still had a death grip on the door and dash grab handle.

Drove back to the dealer at 30mph at the most down the shoulder and drove fine. Even after we got back to the dealer the guy still had to be coaxed out of it. He was really fucked up, shaking, peaked and tearing up. Was helping him back to the building when another salesguy came out (thinking his boss, dont remember) and told him what happened. 1st thing out of his mouth was "Oh a death wobble". I knew they had a potential little steering issue but though it would be just a little wiggle, not that crazy shit I went through.

Seriously thought the thing was gonna go sideways and turn over a few times. Dont know if it had a steering damper on it or not but if it did, it didnt do squat. A tech came out to look at it while I was sitting down in the showroom. Ive road raced cars since 1987. Flipped a few (and some rather spectacularly), slammed tire walls and caught up in other crashes. This Jeep was the 1st time a vehicle actually scared the fuck out of me driving and wont drive one or ride in one again.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Happy Roman

Glad he ate her
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Love my ‘21 Rubicon. Only had it for a few months so can’t say anything about reliability but this is my 3rd Jeep so I am already familiar with their reliability issues. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
‘23 Rubi with 2.5 lift and 37’s. I’ve been happy with it so far.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CesSnap:
‘23 Rubi with 2.5 lift and 37’s. I’ve been happy with it so far.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85621/72106803170__9500C685-AFA6-4F6C-ACE9-5A2-3109865.JPG
View Quote

What tires are those, I can't tell.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I was going to buy a Bronco, but bought an JT Rubicon after deciding the new Bronco was a pos. First Jeep I’ve owned, but had some in the family growing up. Absolutely love it.

Get a Bedrug instead of a spray liner, and a tonneau. Turns the bed into a huge padded trunk.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#16]
The second worse looking vehicle I saw this year was the Jeep Gladiator.

The worst was a Jeep Gladiator with a truck cap.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:

View Quote

Nobody gives a shit what you think.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I rented one last month from Enterprise and put on 500 highway miles. It has no power at all even though it's a v6. It got 16 to 18 all highway mpg doing 70 in flat terrain.  Indont think it is good at anything. I didn't off road. The truck bed is probably smaller than an El Camino.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
Came here expecting to be entertained.

Leaving disappointed.
View All Quotes

Leaving disappointed.

Originally Posted By DaveJRSC:
This post needs more Russell Crowe.

Leaving disappointed.

Same.

To OP, most people I know who bought a Jeep made within the last 10 years either will never buy a Jeep again, or say that they love their Jeep (that they’re always having to fix).
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
I rented one last month from Enterprise and put on 500 highway miles. It has no power at all even though it's a v6. It got 16 to 18 all highway mpg doing 70 in flat terrain.  Indont think it is good at anything. I didn't off road. The truck bed is probably smaller than an El Camino.
View Quote

There's a lot of power. The stupid throttle control sensor makes it have no acceleration. I bought a roar pedal and it will fuckin dig now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Was it mine?  Pretty hideous, I know.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Deals are to be had. Bought a 2023 JT Rubicon for $14,000 under MSRP last December. Had 3 dealers falling over themselves trying to sell me one. Happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Gladiator and a Wrangler.  I love them both... great off road, great in the mountains, great in the snow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ConanTheCimmerian:

Same.

To OP, most people I know who bought a Jeep made within the last 10 years either will never buy a Jeep again, or say that they love their Jeep (that they’re always having to fix).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConanTheCimmerian:

Leaving disappointed.

Originally Posted By DaveJRSC:
This post needs more Russell Crowe.

Leaving disappointed.

Same.

Over two years in, routine maintenance other than a new windshield. Where is your god now?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#25]
If the 2024 JT gets the same full float rear the 2024 JL models got I wouldn't get a leftover 2023 model.  The discounts on the 2023 JTs sure are tempting though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Chadnutz:
I have a 2020 JTR 6 spd and I would do it again.  Daily drive it.  61k miles or so.  Few Jeep quirks...

Had to buy some brackets off EBay because the visor mounts break and these brackets hold them on better.
Parking brake cable has disconnected from the lever twice now.  Need to fix it again.  Takes about 10-15 minutes.

Isn't it interesting how the people that don't have (or want) one don't like them, and the people that have them like them?  Perhaps the former should avoid giving their input it threads like this and leave it to the people that have actually driven one...
View Quote

Idk, I drive a Tacoma, which I love, but damn, I think the Gladiator Rubicon looks fantastic. Not so sure about long term reliability though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#27]
My best friend just bought a 2023 Rubicon for $43K.  He loves it, I drove it and it does drive nice.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#28]
ARF is expensive, the input is appreciated
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
ARF is expensive, the input is appreciated
View Quote

Buy a Rubicon and then spend 10k for wheels, tires and good lift just to get started
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#30]
We've got one as a rental, right now. No fucking way I'd buy a Gladiator. Cramped, noisy, inconsistent throttle response, and while not blind spots, the visibility around isn't great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#31]
do you people still the gay jeep wave and ducks to each other
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
We've got one as a rental, right now. No fucking way I'd buy a Gladiator. Cramped, noisy, inconsistent throttle response, and while not blind spots, the visibility around isn't great.
View Quote

Cramped? How choadly are you?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brianm] [#33]
Originally Posted By fst96se:

Was it mine?  Pretty hideous, I know.

https://i.imgur.com/QWkw0qA.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/zKWFfum.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/jOGdesC.jpg
View Quote

Looks cool with the camper shell, imo.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By macman37:

View Quote

Right?  Im 6’7” and I’m comfortable in our Gladiator.  We’ve driven it to Florida and also went rock crawling at the Jeep Adventure Academy.  We love it.

It absolutely kicks ass in the snow.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a 2020 Sport S with a Mopar 2 inch lift on 37s  that was fantastic for the 2.5 years I had it. Dealer made an offer I couldn't refuse and bought a 2023 Rubicon. Put a 2.5 inch Icon lift and 37s on it and couldn't be happier.
2020 Sport S
Attachment Attached File

2023 Rubicon
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

Got a gay truck thread instead.
View Quote

Hold my beer, I'll start a Ridgeline thread!
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#37]
2022 Sarge Green Mojave owner here, don’t listen to the haters OP. I have no regrets trading my 2019 4Runner in for it. Better ride, better towing, better performance, better gas mileage, and far better looking. My 4Runner was a big disappointment.

I think the Mojave is the best package, mine came with the Faulkin mud tires. Great vehicles and now is the time to buy, great deals out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a 21 Mojave and it’s been a great truck. Does everything I need it to do……truck bed for home projects, great 4x4 system, can take doors/top off, reliable engine with decent power.  

That being said, I need more room for my two kids and just placed an order for a 2024 Raptor at MSRP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By swar15:
I had a 2020 Sport S with a Mopar 2 inch lift on 37s  that was fantastic for the 2.5 years I had it. Dealer made an offer I couldn't refuse and bought a 2023 Rubicon. Put a 2.5 inch Icon lift and 37s on it and couldn't be happier.
2020 Sport S
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126115/20201223_134435_jpg-3110004.JPG

2023 Rubicon
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126115/20231102_145628_jpg-3110008.JPG
View Quote

Sarge Green!
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By compuvette:

Right?  Im 6’7” and I’m comfortable in our Gladiator.  We’ve driven it to Florida and also went rock crawling at the Jeep Adventure Academy.  We love it.

https://i.imgur.com/OrJY291.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/2bADpXo.jpeg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By compuvette:
Originally Posted By macman37:

https://i.imgur.com/OrJY291.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/2bADpXo.jpeg

Only 6’4” here but totally comfortable in mine, and the wife (5’4”) loves it and tells me how much she likes driving in it with me all the time.

And yeah, it’s awesome in the snow, and I got mine with the AWD and it’s a beast. Dunno if we’ll have much more snow this winter but it’s been fantastic in some conditions that other trucks I’ve had would have slipped about it. The traction control is excellent, good tires (Falkens, outstanding tires) and the AWD equal rare slippage. Just on ice really, which any vehicle is going to suck at.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By uncas1:

Sarge Green!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Best green
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:
I have a 21 Mojave and it’s been a great truck. Does everything I need it to do……truck bed for home projects, great 4x4 system, can take doors/top off, reliable engine with decent power.  

That being said, I need more room for my two kids and just placed an order for a 2024 Raptor at MSRP.
View Quote

Judging by the number of Jeeps that I see driving around the PNW with "raptor lights" in the grill there is a lot of envy.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

What tires are those, I can't tell.
View Quote

GeoLander XMT’s
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:

Judging by the number of Jeeps that I see driving around the PNW with "raptor lights" in the grill there is a lot of envy.

https://turn5.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/J169668?obj=car&wid=640&hei=480&sharpen=1
View All Quotes

https://turn5.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/J169668?obj=car&wid=640&hei=480&sharpen=1

That looks retarded. I actually don’t like it in the Raptor but it’s required by law due to their width.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#46]

That looks retarded. I actually don’t like it in the Raptor but it’s required by law due to their width.
View All Quotes

Clearance lights are required by law. They are not required to be in the grill. The traditional place to put them was on top of the cab at the leading edge. Ford has not gone as far as to make the 3rd brake light emulate them as well.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ve got a 2020 Sport with 70k, bought new. Reliable, slow, but eats windshields…and it has a cap on the back for the dogs. Best part is you can take the doors off, and put your foot on the running boards…not the same, but if you ride, you get it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Saablook:
I’ve got a 2020 Sport with 70k, bought new. Reliable, slow, but eats windshields…and it has a cap on the back for the dogs. Best part is you can take the doors off, and put your foot on the running boards…not the same, but if you ride, you get it.
View Quote

Don't forget this required accessory:

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Why the jump? 67k rubicon come on
View Quote

Could be a diesel.

Options can raise the price.

Dealers can add a market adjustment but Jeep sets the MSRP.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:17:23 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Thanks for popping in to tell us how much you don’t want one.
Page / 10
Gladiator (Page 2 of 10)
Top Top