Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2024 4:51:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#1]
What size lines are you considering? And what brand of valve? I’ve used compression fitting valves to 1’, that were the Swagelok, Whitey brand. Expensive, but hold up well to high pressure and extreme conditions. The ferrules used on them are the best designed there is, compared to the Home Depot variety.

The key is to follow the guidelines for how far to insert the line into the valve. If the line bottoms out before tightening, the ferrule doesn’t get set properly and will leak.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Compression fittings are used on plumbing with a metric fuck ton more pressure than your water line has on it.

100psi will blow most residential water service fixtures out of the wall.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:29:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#3]
I do commercial/industrial refrigeration so I know the worry and concern with valves regarding flow, seal and longevity, and I have 0 issues with compression ball valves on my water lines at home.

make sure things are cut smooth, copper is cleaned, little pipe dope on the mating surfaces, German spec good-n-tight, good to go.  5 years now since I remodeled my bathroom and the valves are perfect.

please though, opt for the " KT " series brass craft, its a 1/4 turn shutoff angle valve, they have a brass ball, great internal seals, its a quality valve. buy from supplyhouse.com
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldnt bury them in walls. normally they are used as shutoffs for fixtures.

goodluck

webstone ball valves are good to go, make sure whatever you do things are lead free. sometimes a leaded valve (gas or whatever) is mixed in the bins. just double check when buying.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top