BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Geissele SHOT Show Codes (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Walking into my local grocery store I noticed cash by the ATM.  It was $240.  Lucky Day!
Then I got thinking that's a lot of money to lose and someone will be back for it.  Turned it into customer service thinking I'm a chump and the store employee will pocket this money.
Finished shopping and was loading my groceries into my truck when I see a woman walk by with a worried look, almost crying.  I ask her if she's ok.  She replies I lost my money.
I tell her it's at customer service.  She looks confused and mumbles thank you as she ran into the store.  
Still feel like a chump but with people living paycheck to paycheck I couldn't feel good about keeping it.  Plus there would be some seriously bad ju-ju connected with that money.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I got laid off late last year and was pretty bummed out about it. I decided to take the rest of the year off and start looking for work in earnest in January. Well, January comes around and the layoffs in my industry continue. It's pretty bad. Not only are jobs far and few between, recruiters have decided that they can talk to you/treat you however they want and the overall candidate experience is pretty horrible (take-home "projects" that take 8+ hours to complete in addition to rounds of interviews lasting weeks are normal again, for example).

I started getting nervous and anxious. The toxicity I was encountering in my job search was pretty disappointing; I just wasn't encountering much humanity when talking with folks. I decided after a particularly horrific experience that I needed to take a step back and try to do some good in the world. I dug into my savings and made a donation to my university to fund 10 scholarships for undergrad/masters students with a focus on first generation college students. I started reading the application essays last week and I'm humbled by the tales of adversity, fortitude, and triumph against odds. It's an important reminder (for me) that everyone is struggling in some way shape or form and though some may wear it on their sleeve, others suffer in silence. While reading applications on campus last week, I also started volunteering by doing resume/interview workshops with students who are unsurprisingly freaking out about graduating with a load of debt and entering the job market when the economy is the way it is. Seeing and hearing their hope and excitement (and their concerns) has been a fantastic source of inspiration. I've been giving students the same advice that I need to heed myself: this too shall pass and applying for jobs is a numbers game - you only need one to say yes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mike128:
Walking into my local grocery store I noticed cash by the ATM.  It was $240.  Lucky Day!
Then I got thinking that's a lot of money to lose and someone will be back for it.  Turned it into customer service thinking I'm a chump and the store employee will pocket this money.
Finished shopping and was loading my groceries into my truck when I see a woman walk by with a worried look, almost crying.  I ask her if she's ok.  She replies I lost my money.
I tell her it's at customer service.  She looks confused and mumbles thank you as she ran into the store.  
Still feel like a chump but with people living paycheck to paycheck I couldn't feel good about keeping it.  Plus there would be some seriously bad ju-ju connected with that money.
View Quote

Good job. This one took a lot of moral conviction. $250 is a lot and yeah man, you saved that lady from trying to figure out how to pay for groceries that month or pay the car payment.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Sunday there was an old lady in front of us at checkout that was getting a half gallon of chocolate milk and a small box of cookies.  The cashier said really loud that she only had $1.42 on her card.  We paid for all of it.  She said you don't have to do that.  She just really wanted some chocolate milk and cookies for her birthday.  Made me feel bad with the $350 worth of groceries in my basket.  Don't want the coupon code.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#5]
No good deed story but it was cool to shoot with you last month.

Which I didn't realize it was you till a couple days later.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
My neighbor fell in the shower. I pulled naked 80 year-old man out of the shower.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I drove past someone with a Biden Harris 24 bumper sticker and didn't flip them the bird.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Today, OP was a pretty cool guy.

I'm a scumbag, and can't afford anything anyway.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife & I were at Publix this past weekend. There was a lady (late 30s) outside with her baby. She was asking for help. We didn't give her money, but after speaking with my wife, we asked her if we could buy her groceries. I did tell my wife if she asks for alcohol and shit I ain't buying it. The lady didn't believe us, and was shocked but humbly agreed.. As we walked around the store, all she got was baby food, formula, pampers, some pasta, sauce, bread, fruits and vegetables.

I was a bit hesitant in the beginning, thinking she was a scammer, but she wasn't. It felt good to help her.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
My wife & I were at Publix this past weekend. There was a lady (late 30s) outside with her baby. She was asking for help. We didn't give her money, but after speaking with my wife, we asked her if we could buy her groceries. I did tell my wife if she asks for alcohol and shit I ain't buying it. The lady didn't believe us, and was shocked but humbly agreed.. As we walked around the store, all she got was baby food, formula, pampers, some pasta, sauce, bread, fruits and vegetables.

I was a bit hesitant in the beginning, thinking she was a scammer, but she wasn't. It felt good to help her.
View Quote

Amazing. Good job.

These stories have been very pleasant to read.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Pushing this back up for hopefully a few more people to share their tales of good deeds before I look for winners.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:33:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#12]
Originally Posted By SuperMoose:
Pushing this back up for hopefully a few more people to share their tales of good deeds before I look for winners.
View Quote

@SuperMoose I have another one of those coupon codes cards to throw in with your pile, so pick 10.

I used one last month and they went and sent me two more

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:35:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Winfield_C] [#13]
Made my young niece’s second robotics competition that her parents missed. She was super excited to see me and proceeded to clean me out at the concession stand
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I got nothing.  The last 2 weeks involved me working 45 hours a week, coming home, walking the dog, making supper for the wife and kids, making sure the boys are where they need to be for school and track and chorus.  Wife is a school nurse who works more hours than I do dealing with elementary age special needs children and their families, many of whom are immigrants and don't speak a lot, if any, English.  She shoulders a a lot of burden trying to help them navigate their way through the school resources and assist them getting where they need to be for medical/psych care.  She's exhausted when she gets home so I try to make sure life is easier for her by trying to have supper ready, the house cleaned up, the dog (8 month old lab) tired out.  We got hit with snow yesterday and I blew my neighbors driveways and sidewalks for them.  One is a single dude that works at for the SO and doesn't always make home at a decent hour, so I wanted to make sure that everything was clear before it got to cold and froze solid.  The other neighbors are an elderly couple.  The wife has COPD and he's getting up there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Codes have been distributed to the winners.

Thank you all for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:

View Quote

@Hill_monkey

I'm sure we'll get to do it again. Say hi next time!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not sure if this counts but...

I've been working together with this lady for 5 years or so, she helps answer emails, track deliveries, etc. I mentioned to my manager that she's doing a great job and had far surpassed the goal times we have. I ended up contacting her manager and writing up a "Bravo" award explaining how she was exceeding expectations. I grabbed her favorite co-worker (work husband) and presented her with the Bravo reward, which also came with a monetary gift. She was really excited as she's never been recognized before.

Plus I need a Geiselle trigger.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#18]
In California for a minute these past couple weeks and went to buy a trailcam for a friends birthday present. Girl at the checkout (guessing she has cerebral palsy) in her early 20’s, seemed pretty down so I started chatting her up… come to find out she has family in Cody. After I left I went to the fancy ice cream place next door and bought her $20 gift certificate and gave it to her, she was all smiles.

I know you gave them all away, but I dont care… spread that kindness boys!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#19]
@SuperMoose

Thank you for your kindness... My plans are to figure out a way to incorporate this into another random act of kindness... Al
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Way to go OP. Thanks everyone for sharing. It’s nice to see a thread full of positivity.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Thank you @SuperMoose.   Messaged Atropian_Defector.   This is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#22]
My good deed was I went to the store, and I didn't shop lift.
I really wanted some of them little chocolate donuts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:46:23 AM EDT
[#23]

@Hill_monkey

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:

@Hill_monkey

Will do!

That night shoot was a blast, need to make it back out there again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Geissele SHOT Show Codes (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top