BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Geissele SHOT Show Codes (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2024 3:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMoose]
I have 9 codes sitting on my desk that I'll give away. They're good for 35% off (according to the coupon).

In order to receive one, I want to hear about a good deed you've done in the last two weeks. The world needs positivity and I think it's often overlooked or not spoken about.

I'll choose winners tomorrow night (my sole discretion). Deadline to post your story will be 6 PM EST on 3/26.

Codes will be DMed and I'll post the winner list in the OP.

Good luck!

ETA:

I want to thank everyone who posted some story of their good deed in this thread. While some of you may not receive a coupon, please know that I appreciate the good you put into the world, however small or insignificant it may seem to you. The world is a better place because of your actions.

Winner List

@bikedamon
@MAJ242
@HBIII
@Tyrannosaur
@Dacula
@DerekL
@immaculate
@mike128
@Blackbeard28

10th Winner (@Dissident) needs to message @Atropian_Defector for their coupon since he said he'd throw another one in the pot (Thank you for doing that!)
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The folks across the street from me are older and the husband is disabled, so when we got the surprise snow last week I shoveled for them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on you OP.  I've been waiting to use mine.  To bad all their rifles are OOS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m raising two sons to love God, Family, Freedom and Guns!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't do good deeds because no good deed goes unpunished. Life punishes me enough.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullseye100] [#6]
I own a small auto shop, one man shop.  An older lady (not a current customer) was getting screwed by the dealer so I read her codes and gave her advice for free.  It's a Volvo and I don't like getting involved in those but I felt bad for her.  I'd love a coupon if you think I'm worthy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: camarojsmith] [#7]
I won the 50/50 at my son’s little league fundraiser and gave all the money back. About $300. Then my son didn’t make the team so I have to drive him 30 minutes one way to practice 3 times a week. Good times but he loves the game.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TechOps] [#8]
I caught a T-shirt and foam frisbee at a sporting event and immediately gave them to a couple and toddler in our row.

It was nice to see the baby smile, but also nicer to see the parents reaction.

Small things bring joy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got out of a boring 2 hour meeting that had no real value.

About halfway though it I told one of my supervisors who gets to work at 0430 and had already worked well over her 8 hours to go ahead and leave whenever she felt like it.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
walking out of a grocery store, found a freshly dropped womens wallet laying in the median, nice leather "coach"type told the wife to pick it up (my hands were full)and return it and she's looking at me like -I don't want to touch it! uggh just go run it in to the service desk so there's a chance it finds its way to the owner.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Took a friend of mine's 6 year old child and taught safety and marksmanship with a Ruger 10/22 last Saturday. The family does not have much and the child has been begging to shoot. I spent 2 hours going through and installing safety stuff, then we started shooting. After we got done shooting, it was apparent that the only choice I had was to gift that 10/22 to the child with the promise that we would shoot once a month. You would have thought that I gave that child a million dollars. His parents were crying when we got back to his house and they found out how our afternoon went. My heart was full.... I def enjoy teaching youth the sport, and opening them up to something other than gangs and video games.... Never pass the opportunity up to love on a child.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
On the way to my match last week I came up in a car accident. Nothing bad, but cops were there. A passenger from one of the vehicles walked up to my car in the turning lane with a suitcase in one hand and a ticket in the other. Asked if he could give me a $100 cash to give him a ride to the airport not to miss his flight. Kind of out of my way, but 30 minutes extra wouldn’t make me late. I gave him a ride and told him to keep the cash and pay it forward.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to a Russell Dickerson concert with my wife...dude I took one for the team.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in Breckenridge at a brewery and saw a credit card on the floor near a group of dudes. I asked if anyone of them were the first name (was unique). Guy responded with a crazy puzzled face and then I gave him his card back.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyLahey01] [#16]
Spent two days building a new privacy fence for my sister in law, since hers had rotted and fallen over.

ETA: free of charge, she provided the materials. She has two dogs and they’ve been cooped up for a bit because of it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
Good on you OP.  I've been waiting to use mine.  To bad all their rifles are OOS.
View Quote

Yeah, imagine that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#18]
What would constitute as a good deed these days used to just be manners and politeness. I gave my seatup two times at a Firestone, once for an elderly woman another time an elderly male. The male fought the gesture and stood whilst I sat in a child's chair. Neither of us folded and I couldn't feel my legs. BUT, that is how it should be all the time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
They extended these through April.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/SHOT-Show-Coupon-2024-Extension/444-305360/
View Quote

Sweet, thanks for sharing the link.  I have one that I couldn't figure out what to use it on and was worried it would go to waste.  Now I have another month to be indecisive!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#20]
You've got some good candidates already here. The closest I can think of is getting my Mom to her friend's place before the ambulance so she could open the door and check on him. Too many strokes - he's in hospice now. :-/

Please copy the winning good deeds into your post so we can all get a convenient dose of neighborly compassion.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rem700PSS] [#21]
With my small department shake up, I am giving the outgoing guy the maximum flexibility on "part time work" because I know his new business venture won't be paying him much and he's already a single income family guy.

To the new guy who is moving, I told him to keep his receipts from his expenses moving.  He thinks he's getting $1500 but I will be taking them all and paying off all expenses and gas.  Then getting his home office outfitted with what he needs.

They both need the empathy, compassion, and money more than budget and certainly more than my employer.  I wish I could have 10 more just like both of them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:53:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#22]
Picked up/towed a trailer from Denver Colorado area to Idaho Falls for my brother in-law. Helped load it up with furniture before leaving Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Plowed a new garden for my neighbor ! Don’t need a code though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Very cool of you OP.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Great American WINNING thread.  OP is a GREAT AMERICAN.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool thread OP.  I hope it (tell us about some good deeds) catches on for other things people want to give away.  

I don't NEED a discount code, but if any are left at the end:

I just fixed a very elderly man's laptop for free (it was a 2015ish box store POS with a mechanical HDD, 6GBs of RAM, and Windows 10 running like crap). Since all he really needed was internet and solitare, plus with only a year left on Windows 10, I threw in a used 120GB SSD and a 8GB DDR2 memory stick from the junk pile, and put Linux Mint on it, including transferring the handful of files he had.  Essentially it will do everything he needs for the next 5 years, with minimal upkeep.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#27]
They'll honor them sometime 3 years from now
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I don’t want any codes but I paid for this mentally handicap dudes Jello pudding last week.

He didn’t have enough cash and was fumbling around in front of me counting change so he could get his pudding. I was like cash him out and put the pudding on my check. Dude literally ran up and hugged me. My wife was almost in tears.

Feels good to help people who need it. Pass it on.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LnWlf] [#29]
I helped put eggs out this year for our town’s Easter egg hunt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I gave my neighbor a bowl of fried ring bolagna and baked beanz with onions.   He had bread and butter.  

I dont need coupon, just adding to good deed thread.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#31]
So, the other day I went to walk the dogs at the park.  I parked and the car next to me was backing out to leave.  The lady attempting to back out of the parking spot turned the wheel too much and hit the car parked on the other side of her.  She clearly knew she hit the car, had to pull forward to correct, then backed out and attempted to leave.  I jumped out and chased her around the parking lot and she finally stopped just before leaving the park.  I was taking pics of her license plate and the damage to her car.  I headed back to my vehicle and got my dogs.  

The lady drove back around to where I was and started thanking me for alerting her to what happened. I just rolled my eyes and said sure.  Both she and I waited an hour for the person who's car was hit to return, then another hour for the cops to show up. It was a brand new Rav4 Limited and the driver was a young college student who just purchased it outright with money she had saved. If I wasn't there, the driver who hit her would have hit and run.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I took three new adult shooters through my introductory handgun basics course free of charge, and furnished a variety of handguns and ammunition.  I did this in an effort to promote firearm safety and familiarity.  

They learned a lot and had a ball.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't need the code but I did pick up some dog shit that some lazy fuck left behind.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#34]
SuperMoose is good people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I drive my elderly neighbor 5 hours to see her son for the last time as he was passing away from terminal cancer. This was Thursday.  I’m still crying inside. Like I feel so fucking bad what do I do?  They were close.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Can’t post pics because COC but you should see the fat ugly broads I nailed this week…

They’re welcome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I take my elderly neighbors trash out every week. He’s not doing too good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#38]
I promise I won’t buy a SD rifle with the code and sell it for profit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Threefingers] [#39]
Gave a 9 yo girl a stuffed animal (polar bear) my mother kept.
Her smile (with braces) made my week. She gave me a good luck token on St Patty's day.

ps I don't need a code :o)
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#40]
A family member was hospitalized so I took Friday off and drove 9 hours to pick up his son at West Point and take him home.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Cool idea, OP. Thanks for doing this.

I'm a civil engineer in private practice who acts as the City Engineer, Township Engineer, etc. for local governments in the area that don't have enough work to warrant hiring a full-time, in-house guy. One of my clients has a nice veterans memorial that was misbuilt a few years ago. It has a small reflection pool that is leaking and impossible to maintain, and the memorial was somehow built without ADA-compliant accommodations. The latter is especially bad because the memorial is at the top of a 30-foot or so tall hill, meaning older vets and/or vets with injuries can't get to the memorial without assistance.

I volunteered to do the engineering work to fix the problems for free. Survey, design, bids, contract administration, etc. -- basically everything except the construction itself. This community's veterans committee operates on a shoestring budget, so this should save them $10,000-20,000 that they don't have. They're a great group of dudes and dudettes who gave a lot, so I'm excited to help give back.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DerekL:
I take my elderly neighbors trash out every week. He’s not doing too good.
View Quote

Bless you for taking care of someone’s grandparents or parents. I’m sure it’s a job that doesn’t get enough recognition.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I was sitting here thinking about how much time/effort I put in this weekend (and many others) serving my family in various capacities (it's exhausting!). Then I realized that while it may impress some people here, it really shouldn't.  That is what it means to be a husband, daddy, son, SIL/BIL/uncle, etc.

As of this writing there are several posters already that I would give codes to, and no doubt there will be more in the hours ahead.  It's nice to know there are people who give of themselves in spite of all that seems to be crashing down around us.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I didn't talk to the cops.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#45]
took great care of a patient having heart surgery today. and again tomorrow.

took a new friend to the range last week for his second time shooting.

if for some reason i make it to the final 15, skip me, and give it to someone more deserving.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Driving through the ghetto (Pontiac for those local) Sunday, on my way home. Mid 40’s woman is driving along at 5mph on a flat tire.

Clearly too scared to stop (wise choice). I pull up next to her and she reluctantly rolls down her window. I tell her to pull over and I will help. She is still scared but she follows me to a parking lot adjacent to a gas station. Luckily it is still light out. However the critters are already stirring.

I bust out that spare and jack, (factory scissor jacks are the debil BTW) faster than I have ever done before. Luckily there was air in the spare. Swapped it out faster than Ralphies dad in the Christmas Story.  

She tried to give me a bunch of gift cards because she had no money. Obviously I’m not taking money or any other compensation.  

My wife thinks I’m going to get killed because I help strangers in odd places (not the first time). It is hard helping people while telling my wife and kids to “never do what dad just did”. No family with me yesterday.

Full disclosure I wouldn’t have stopped if I had the kiddos.  

No I don’t need the coupon, please give it to someone else.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I stopped a bus of puppies and babies from going over the bridge then took all of them to chik fil a. My treat.

Stopped my self from immediate road rage due to assholes more prevalent than ever. So I didn’t take the bat out and teach anyone a lesson today.  

Doing my best.  

Anyway nice gesture op, how it goes to the well deserved.   Thank you for being a good person.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Helped a coworker get into a last minute hunter safety course (he filled a cancelation) and now he can hunt for the 1st time. I've put him on some good spots on state land that I hunt & offered to take him out and show him around.                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Another coworker has a smoker, I bought a brisket for him to smoke for the shop right after Easter. Some of the ladies make lunch for everyone & thought it would be nice for someone to do something for them.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Nobody stops for pedestrians crossing the designated crosswalk in the small town center.  I am the dick who stops and lets them cross the busy brick road according to the drivers behind me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jkees] [#50]
Last night my car door caught the wind as I opened it to step out in my work parking lot.

This resulted in my car flinging into a car fender. Putting a dent in it and marring the finish. Nobody saw me hit it.

I went into work, called security and asked them to run the plates and see if they could put me in contact with the owner. So I could tell them in person.

Met up with him, and told/showed him what I did, offering to pay the repair.

He denied as he figured it was not worth the hassle, but I was going to pay the full cost of repair out of pocket if he wanted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Geissele SHOT Show Codes (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top