Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#1]
A thief is a thief.
Thought maybe he took it on accident but the video shows him teasing the pen out the window as he drove off with it so he FAFO.
Fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mattellis2:

So if you take my pen, and I break your leg, it's cool, yes?  

The thug is the guy that is wearing the badge and his boss hog boss that backs him up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abrenneman:

Can be sued for about anything these days.

Surprised  so many support thugs here.

The thug is the guy that is wearing the badge and his boss hog boss that backs him up.

Because that's all that happened right? The guy took the cops pen and then the cop just snapped his leg.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I worked on the motorcycle squad with a guy that had just transferred back, from temporarily working in a precinct.  I asked him why he had to take a “sabbatical “? Told me he stopped a violator, wrote the ticket and asked the violator to sign, which he did.  As the violator handed him the ticket book back, and his pen, he dropped the pen, deliberately.  I asked him what did you do?  He said he made the violator pick it up.  With his lips.  Things are different now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]
As the owner of a Tactile Turn pen that I use every single day , I understand. I like my pen . These days at work I carry two pens , my pen and the one that I Iet every one else use because apparently nobody carries pens .
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]

I would say it’s more of a parenting issue that created that divide. Dude played a game and lost. Actions have consequences. Don’t be a snarky punk then cry about it.
View Quote

Kiss that boot just a little harder
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

John Wick used pencils.
View Quote

Martin Blank used a pen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:14:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mach1soldier] [#8]
Hard to support police when you see things like this.

Apparently everyone is taught proportional response except police. I get he was taunting him but emotional responses equivalent to a teenagers response is sad.

What’s really Funny is all my family that are cops have the same rule. Ghetto pens to hand offenders, nice pen to fill out reports. Never mix the two.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Can be sued for about anything these days.

Surprised  so many support thugs here.

If I take anything or yours intentionally and taunt you with it, sure break my leg.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

Plenty in GD support deadly force for misdemeanors.
View Quote

I don't, but I try to remind people that there is no law so trivial that the police won't kill you to enforce it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AbsoluteLemur:

View All Quotes

I would say it’s more of a parenting issue that created that divide. Dude played a game and lost. Actions have consequences. Don’t be a snarky punk then cry about it.

Cup those thugs balls
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

I'm so glad we moved away from having signed citations. People would hold my pen hostage while they lectured/cussed me.

Never give them control of the citation book. I also switched from good pens to cheap pens for traffic cites. So I could just walk away.

View Quote

Yup.  I just asked them to sign once and that was it.  Just write refused on the bottom of the citation and give them their copy.  Get back on motorcycle and go to Krispy Kreme.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#14]

I'm so glad we moved away from having signed citations. People would hold my pen hostage while they lectured/cussed me.

Never give them control of the citation book. I also switched from good pens to cheap pens for traffic cites. So I could just walk away.

View Quote

Thats the ticket, pun intended, my titanium pen with smooth as butter german manufactured refill cartridge is for me only. I buy packs of cheap walmart ballpoints as loaners.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Cup those thugs balls
View All Quotes

Cup those thugs balls

It's a collision of assholes, certainly. But can you really defend the cop here? Come on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet the thieving asshole won't do that again.

Thieves need to have their hands chopped off like they do in the middle east.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:

I don't, but I try to remind people that there is no law so trivial that the police won't kill you to enforce it.
View Quote

Yup.  And that’s where training comes in.  You’ve gots to know the trivial laws, before you learn the bigger ones.  Learning out dated city ordinances was a priority in our killing enforcement class.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JeepersCreepers:
Reasonable if it was a Zebra F-701.
View Quote

Yup, I had a TDPS officer hand me a Zebra F-701 to sign a warning.  She was pretty cool about me doing 90 in a 75 with no front license or posted registration.  I was sure to return her pen for the favor.  No tasers were fired.  No legs were broken.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Let's see this pen.   It might have special writing on it that could help understand this urgency to get it back.  
   It could say Bank of America for example.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#20]
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:
I have a cheapo department issued pen clipped to my ticket book.  Nobody uses my good pen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:
I have a cheapo department issued pen clipped to my ticket book.  Nobody uses my good pen.

If I worked out of a motor vehicle that I didn't own, the only pens I'm having in that vehicle are employer supplied or free advertising pens from local businesses.

If my workday includes collecting signatures, I'm starting the day with half a dozen pens.

Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

“Give it to me, or I’m going to Tase you,” the officer says on camera.

And what's his UOF/Taser policy say about doing that?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

MY TAXES PAID FOR THIS PEN! GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR!

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrayD] [#22]

Shouldn’t steal things and then not comply with lawful orders. Not much to it.
View All Quotes

It has nothing to do with the constant excessive force and total disregard of the Bill of Rights.

If it's acceptable to break a person's leg for not complying in giving up a pen, then it could be argued it's acceptable to do significantly more harm for not complying in giving up one's guns. And there are plenty of videos of police in various encounters demanding people who legally own guns and aren't breaking the law to give them up so they could investigate whether they're stolen or not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I’m pretty sure I know how this could have been avoided.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#24]
the taser is mightier than the pen?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By raverill:
That pen is about to cost the tax payers $3M
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#26]

It has nothing to do with the constant excessive force and total disregard of the Bill of Rights.
View Quote

Try stealing George Washington's pen and find the fuck out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

"Followed him home"

You mean with lights and sirens and the suspect refused to stop? Because that's what happened.
View Quote

Funny, none of the charges and verbal exchange do not reflect this.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BrayD:

If it's acceptable to break a person's leg for not complying in giving up a pen, then it could be argued it's acceptable to do significantly more harm for not complying in giving up one's guns.
View Quote

Anne Arundel County already taught that one to Gary Willis.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#29]
My dad threw an officers nice pen into traffic. He didn't get tased. I suppose it helped my grandfather was the chief of police.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Doesnt look broken to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#31]

If it's acceptable to break a person's leg for not complying in giving up a pen, then it could be argued it's acceptable to do significantly more harm for not complying in giving up one's guns.
View All Quotes

Try taking a cop’s gun and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

What would you have done if someone drove off with your pen? I am not being sarcastic. Genuine question
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:29:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrayD] [#33]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:

View All Quotes

There are plenty of videos of police in various encounters demanding people who legally own guns and aren't breaking the law to give them up so they could investigate whether they're stolen or not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Definitely a special pen
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#35]
The dude was non compliant, fleeing, and resisting after he stole the pen.  His injuries were sustained as a result of his own actions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#36]
That cop beats his wife.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:

Try stealing George Washington's pen and find the fuck out.
View Quote

Very apt and intelligent question. I forgot they had ballpoint pens then and not quills and a bottle ink. He was against government having this kind of power.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#38]
There is theft. Pen, watch, wallet, paper clip, doesn’t matter.  If it’s ok to steal a pen what else is it ok to steal?  Where do you draw the line?  Guy fucked around and found out.

I’ll have a sweet tea.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RLR350:
I’m pretty sure I know how this could have been avoided.
View Quote

You mean cops don't get seriously pissed off if you don't say 'haha, fuck you' to them??

It'd be one thing if he just drove off.
Waving the pen at the cop while driving off is a definite 'fuck you'.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#40]

What would you have done if someone drove off with your pen? I am not being sarcastic. Genuine question
View All Quotes

Obvious answer is Pitt the car, Taze, and inflict serious bodily injury

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#41]

It's a collision of assholes, certainly. But can you really defend the cop here? Come on.
View All Quotes

Cup those thugs balls

To be honest two things:

I’m sick of people.. all people lol
I don’t think the cop tried to break his leg, just took someone not complying to the ground.

Hopefully he learns and just uses throwaway pens and smiles and waves at the next one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Mightyfinepolicework.JPG
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
I guess taking a pen equals permanent bodily injury and possible death. People wonder why there is a divide between LE and the public. Some fine protecting and serving. Murderers and rapists in the loose and this is how they spend their time.

WHT yes,yes it is.  Don't be a cunt with a badge and a gun and cry over a pen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#44]

There are plenty of videos of police in various encounters demanding people who legally own guns and aren't breaking the law to give them up so they could investigate whether they're stolen or not.
View All Quotes

Except that’s not what happened here, so it’s irrelevant.  It was the cop’s pen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Except that’s not what happened here, so it’s irrelevant.  It’s was the cop’s pen.
View Quote

Just imagine what would happen if I dialed 911 and said someone stole my pen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

True, but taking something from a cop who then retaliates against you is different from cops retaliating against those who refuse to participate in the cop's illegal actions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
At least it wasn't a fucking Pencil. Dude would have gotten killed.
View Quote

I seen a guy in a bar that killed three men with a pencil, a fucking pencil
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:55:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#48]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Martlet:

Except that’s not what happened here, so it’s irrelevant.  It was the cop’s pen.

They’d tell you it wasn’t an emergency, and ask you to call the non emergency number.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Except that’s not what happened here, so it’s irrelevant.  It’s was the cop’s pen.
View All Quotes

There is no such thing as a 'cop's pen', it just a pen.

Either all pens are worth police chases and violent arrest, or they are not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#50]
So just curious but do we know if Bray had the officers pen in the first place?

I agree the dude should have just complied and given it back if he had it but for a pen I have to say
the officers actions were excessive.

Bray and his attorney will receive a nice payday.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top