Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
I certified last Friday, as an individual and am still waiting.  My hopes of one of these lighting fast approvals have been dashed.  
View Quote

'Lo and behold, approved today!  Certified last Friday, approved the following Thursday.  

Individual, via Silencer Shop.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]

'Lo and behold, approved today!  Certified last Friday, approved the following Thursday.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I certified last Friday, as an individual and am still waiting.  My hopes of one of these lighting fast approvals have been dashed.  

My ffl said a lot of people are doing individual unless they really want to add a trust for family etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF...I'm still waiting on an individual Form 4 from 11/30/23. I submitted 3 more individual form 4s on 4/4/24 hoping to get a batch approval and nothing but crickets since then. I have shit luck I guess.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

I didn’t get the SS email for my DA Mask for almost 11 months after ATF approved it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I’d been shooting my new suppressor for almost a week before I got the “good news” email from SS

I didn’t get the SS email for my DA Mask for almost 11 months after ATF approved it.

Lol! At that point I’d probably get excited thinking I late night ordered another one and forgot about it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:31:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Lol! At that point I’d probably get excited thinking I late night ordered another one and forgot about it.
View Quote

You’re not far off.  I have an Enticer and a Lithium in ATF jail right now and got all excited.  They are both on a trust.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ttushooter:
I submitted a efile form 4 for a can yesterday as an individual around 3:30pm.  

Hoping for a quick turn around
View Quote

Just got approved this am 7:20!  That’s right about a 40 hour turn around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Our trusts being approved at the same speed or is this for individual only?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:44:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#9]
Originally Posted By The_Five_Elements:
View Quote

Per Silencer Shop and my FFL, individuals are coming in faster than trusts, but even trusts are still a fraction of the time they used to be.  For the most part.  It does seem to be a mixed bag without a lot of rhyme or reason.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Per others in the thread, trusts are taking longer
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:41:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mercworx] [#11]
I'm ignorant to the NFA.

Form 1 is for a factory SBR correct?  Stays in jail until you get your stamp back like with a supressor? Not one that you "assemble" later after receiving your "approval"?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:45:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ttushooter] [#12]
Originally Posted By Mercworx:
I'm ignorant to the NFA.

Form 1 is for a factory SBR correct?  Stays in jail until you get your stamp back like with a supressor? Not one that you "assemble" later after receiving your "approval"?
View Quote

Form 1 is for you to manufacture the SBR (or other NFA item, such as suppressors) .  So you have a rifle length AR, but want to put a 10.5" barrel on it.   Submit the form 1, then get approval, you then change barrels

Form 4 is the transfer of and already manufactured NFA item.  (Factory SBR, Suppressor, etc)  stays in jail until you get the stamp back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mercworx:
I'm ignorant to the NFA.

View Quote

FACTORY SBR would be form4.

form1 is if you buy and then “make” it into an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

I have a f/a Colt M16A1 on my trust that was submitted on 3/15 and is STILL waiting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Yes.  Much longer.

Over 2 months now.  Still in Submitted status.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#16]
44 hours and counting on my form 4s
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#17]
It took 3x as long to get my thread adapter in the mail as it did to get the last can approved.

What a world.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I just did a Form 1 through Silencer Shop, I'll let you all know how fast that comes back.  

Completely online, pretty slick.

The Silencer Shop process should also put to bed the debate on if SBRs require engraving.  The system asked me if there was already engraving present on the receiver from a manufacturer - since there was, I simply had to note what it was.  No additional engraving required.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I am still perplexed as to why my electronic form 4 as an individual that was submitted through the sSlencer Shop system on February 22 has not been approved. This is my first time using the SS portal but my local dealer has extensive experience doing so. Seeing everybody getting these forms back so quickly has me wondering if something is wrong or if I just submitted at a time where they aren’t grabbing those and knocking them out.

Question – I did call the ATF about two weeks ago just to make sure they had my form in the system even though I did get the email from the ATF system acknowledging they received it. When they tell you it is “pending“, does that mean I’m good to go and just get to wait or are they waiting to either get to my form or waiting n a background check? I keep reading about people talking about delays and NICS checks, emailing the NICS liaison and things like that. Just wondering if there’s something going on with my background check or if I just got really unlucky and submitted on a day that got overlooked with all of the speedy approvals. Some of you guys have certified forms two months after I have and got your response in a day or two.  Just wondering how people know when they would need to reach out to the NICS liaison to get things moving.  Also of note is that my dealer did put my Social Security number on my form, which I figured would avoid any issues with the background check.

This is my first NFA form in quite some time but I do have experience with it over the years. I understand it is a patient waiting man’s game, but unless all of the posts here about 1 to 2 day turnaround’s aren’t as common out there in the wild as we think I’m just wondering why mine isn’t getting approved at over 2 months in. My suspicion is that we are only hearing about the quick approvals via these posts here and it’s skewing the perception of what is happening overall.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Just got my Scythe Ti back in less than 72hrs.

As I was picking it up, a guy came into the shop with an 11 hour approval.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:
I am still perplexed as to why my electronic form 4 as an individual that was submitted through the sSlencer Shop system on February 22 has not been approved. This is my first time using the SS portal but my local dealer has extensive experience doing so. Seeing everybody getting these forms back so quickly has me wondering if something is wrong or if I just submitted at a time where they aren’t grabbing those and knocking them out.

Question – I did call the ATF about two weeks ago just to make sure they had my form in the system even though I did get the email from the ATF system acknowledging they received it. When they tell you it is “pending“, does that mean I’m good to go and just get to wait or are they waiting to either get to my form or waiting n a background check? I keep reading about people talking about delays and NICS checks, emailing the NICS liaison and things like that. Just wondering if there’s something going on with my background check or if I just got really unlucky and submitted on a day that got overlooked with all of the speedy approvals. Some of you guys have certified forms two months after I have and got your response in a day or two.  Just wondering how people know when they would need to reach out to the NICS liaison to get things moving.  Also of note is that my dealer did put my Social Security number on my form, which I figured would avoid any issues with the background check.

This is my first NFA form in quite some time but I do have experience with it over the years. I understand it is a patient waiting man’s game, but unless all of the posts here about 1 to 2 day turnaround’s aren’t as common out there in the wild as we think I’m just wondering why mine isn’t getting approved at over 2 months in. My suspicion is that we are only hearing about the quick approvals via these posts here and it’s skewing the perception of what is happening overall.
View Quote

Have you ever had a "delay" on a NICS check?

Do you have a common name in your state?

If the NICS check doesn't come back clean instantaneously you go into the pile as I understand it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

View Quote

I'd like to hear your thoughts on it if you get the chance to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

Taking it out tomorrow hopefully. It’s incredibly light. Hard to believe it will handle rifle pressure it’s so light. My AI AE is a heavy pig so it’s really nice to not add a ton of extra weight.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#25]

If the NICS check doesn't come back clean instantaneously you go into the pile as I understand it.
View Quote

Thanks for the response.

The answer is no to both of your questions. And like I said, I provided my social to try and avoid anything like that.  Do any of the status categories that the ATF tell you your form is in when you call indicate if there’s anything going on with the background check? If you email the liaison do they tell you if your background check has been done or not?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Thanks for the response.

The answer is no to both of your questions. And like I said, I provided my social to try and avoid anything like that.  Do any of the status categories that the ATF tell you your form is in when you call indicate if there’s anything going on with the background check? If you email the liaison do they tell you if your background check has been done or not?
View All Quotes

Thanks for the response.

I haven't looked into a status in probably a decade.

Back then you would just call and ask if it had been received. I don't recall if they could tell you much until it had been approved. They would do batch mailings, so your approved paper form could sit for a couple weeks+ before they mailed it out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I just did a Form 1 through Silencer Shop, I'll let you all know how fast that comes back.  

The Silencer Shop process should also put to bed the debate on if SBRs require engraving.  The system asked me if there was already engraving present on the receiver from a manufacturer - since there was, I simply had to note what it was.  No additional engraving required.
View Quote

Interesting, I'm getting ready to Form 1 and I was wondering about the engraving debate.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

That’s incorrect.  The Form 1 will note the original manufacturer of the Title 1 firearm, and the maker of the Title 2 firearm can adopt most markings, but the maker’s name and location of making must be marked as outlined in the regs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#29]

View Quote

So, Form 1 SBR submitted on a Friday afternoon, back the following Wednesday morning.  About 2 1/2 business days.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#30]
260 days, but these two finally got approved.  Trusts are not getting approved fast.

Haven't had time to do more than crank a couple through just to hear it, but goddamn if I'm not half considering selling a bunch of guns to order more suppressors for the rest of the guns.  The APC9SD sounds like it is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Ordered a Griffin MGL for my SR25 EMC last week.  Hopefully that one gets on the fast track.  Did it individual instead of trust, so we'll see.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BHD44] [#31]
Just got a notification from ss on eForms about using cadence in certification.  They are having issues with them. they  are working on it. Just ordered another can this morning, individual this time. I’ll keep a time stamp on completion.

Ordered 5/2/2024 as individual in the am.

Waiting for docusign step 5/2/2024

Docusign done 5/2/2024

Waiting for eform 5/2/2024
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Form 1 SBR via Silencer Shop continues to be even faster - certified another on Saturday afternoon, a largely automated process, and got approval this morning.  So, a little over 1 business day, I assume ATF only works M-F.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#33]
certified Friday 5/3, still no approval yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I got mine approved in 2 days
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Form 1 SBR via Silencer Shop continues to be even faster - certified another on Saturday afternoon, a largely automated process, and got approval this morning.  So, a little over 1 business day, I assume ATF only works M-F.  
View Quote

I bought a Rugged Occulus on Saturday afternoon but the eform site was down for maintenance. Still waiting for acknowledgement it has been submitted. It wasn't through Silencer Shop though, it was an independent shop that is closed on Sunday and Monday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I received my last eform 1 approval on a Sunday....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#37]
I would love to buy another can since the wait times are so short, but they seem to be in very short supply right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

I bought a Rugged Occulus on Saturday afternoon but the eform site was down for maintenance. Still waiting for acknowledgement it has been submitted. It wasn't through Silencer Shop though, it was an independent shop that is closed on Sunday and Monday.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Interesting, checking my emails it looks like I actually certified late Saturday a.m. and it took so long to finish up I thought it was going to fail.  Maybe I got in just before things went down.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Wow, no kidding.  I wonder if it's automated or if they actually work on Sundays...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Interesting, checking my emails it looks like I actually certified late Saturday a.m. and it took so long to finish up I thought it was going to fail.  Maybe I got in just before things went down.  Good luck!
View Quote

The shop I work at we had issues with e-forms being down on saturday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Don't worry man, you're not alone. Submitted/certified 3/26/24 here, and no movement since. I called last week, they told me its pending as well.

I provided my SS, this is the 6th stamp for me (1 form 4, 4 form 1's (3 sbr, 1 suppressor)). It's bothering the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

Don't worry man, you're not alone. Submitted/certified 3/26/24 here, and no movement since. I called last week, they told me its pending as well.

I provided my SS, this is the 6th stamp for me (1 form 4, 4 form 1's (3 sbr, 1 suppressor)). It's bothering the shit out of me.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat. Certified 2/26. Called yesterday....pending. I have 6 other approvals and I'm a former 07/02 FFL/SOT.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I did 2 through SS on 3-25 and was getting annoyed about the wait.
Contact your congressman.
Mine got the ball rolling and approved 3 days after I got in touch with them.
They even approved my F1 SBR the same day. That one was submitted 6 days before approval.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#44]
CGS Mod 9 via Silencer Shop
Ordered 17 March (individual)
Approved 11 April

Rugged Obsidian 9
Ordered 28 Feb (Single Shot Trust, in error)
Form 4 was submitted 19 March
Still outstanding

Just certified on a SOCOM 556 SB2 today (7 May) through Capital Armory.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

I did 2 through SS on 3-25 and was getting annoyed about the wait.
Contact your congressman.
Mine got the ball rolling and approved 3 days after I got in touch with them.
They even approved my F1 SBR the same day. That one was submitted 6 days before approval.
View Quote

Call me pessimistic, but I highly doubt Representative Joe Neguse gives a fuck about me getting a suppressor on time

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Call me pessimistic, but I highly doubt Representative Joe Neguse gives a fuck about me getting a suppressor on time

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/2024-05-07_13_29_42-Congressman_Joe_Negu-3208052.JPG
View Quote

Agreed.
But, they work for you and have to do this if you ask.
And it'll be some staffer doing the work.
The guy I corresponded with was certainly not a gun guy but was familiar with what I was asking for.

Can't hurt to try
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Agreed.
But, they work for you and have to do this if you ask.
And it'll be some staffer doing the work.
The guy I corresponded with was certainly not a gun guy but was familiar with what I was asking for.

Can't hurt to try
View Quote

Ok, how would I go about doing that?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Certified on 13 March with a single shot trust. Still waiting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Ok, how would I go about doing that?
View Quote

-Find your congresscritter's website.
-There should be a "government agency help" button/link
-it'll ask to verify you live in their district and fill out the contact form.
-someone from that office will contact you with 2 release forms to fill out and return.
One is a release for their office to work on your behalf, the other is a release for them to work with tax documents.

Give it a couple days and they *should* contact you saying they spoke with a NICS and BATFE liason.
Approvals will start rolling in.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#50]

-Find your congresscritter's website.
-There should be a "government agency help" button/link
-it'll ask to verify you live in their district and fill out the contact form.
-someone from that office will contact you with 2 release forms to fill out and return.
One is a release for their office to work on your behalf, the other is a release for them to work with tax documents.

Give it a couple days and they *should* contact you saying they spoke with a NICS and BATFE liason.
Approvals will start rolling in.
View Quote

Alright, submitted, lets see if it does anything. Thanks for the info.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top