Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:03:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
I've heard the faster times only apply to the individual Form 4 and not the Trusts.  Is this true?
View Quote

For most people they’re faster (cries at 10 days into waiting for another approval ), but there was another thread in the Armory NFA section that said simple trust approvals were gonna speed up in the near future and there’s already been some sub-60 day trust approvals recently in the eForm tracking threads.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm still waiting on 2 submitted 12 February.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
New doj red flag center and quicker NFA approvals?  Coincidence?  J/k but maybe not j/k.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:

Me too. My last one was fast at 5.5 months. Definitely not 39 stamps in though. You got more money in stamps than I do in NFA altogether lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:

After 39 others, I’ve done my time

Me too. My last one was fast at 5.5 months. Definitely not 39 stamps in though. You got more money in stamps than I do in NFA altogether lol

I don’t have 39 but I’m pretty close.  Fastest was about 3 years ago and it took like 15 days from the day I submitted and the longest was for a disappointing can that took almost 2 years to process.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PainefulCommonSense:

1) they haven't used this method for "months", so the question is kind of off

2) I have heard of 'delayed' responses taking months to get to the bottom of, and who knows what the system is between atf and fbi to check on delayed responses

3) they've stated trust will continue to be slower as they have to review the trust document, and if there are multiple responsible parties listed they have to wait for each approval
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

So, what would make a BG check take months?

2) I have heard of 'delayed' responses taking months to get to the bottom of, and who knows what the system is between atf and fbi to check on delayed responses

3) they've stated trust will continue to be slower as they have to review the trust document, and if there are multiple responsible parties listed they have to wait for each approval

The trust part I have never understood taking so long especially if it is submitted electronically.  It’s not like the feebs don’t keep everything that is submitted to them either through eforms or snail mail.  Just refer back to the previous trust that has been submitted for a particular user and approve.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:

The trust part I have never understood taking so long especially if it is submitted electronically.  It’s not like the feebs don’t keep everything that is submitted to them either through eforms or snail mail.  Just refer back to the previous trust that has been submitted for a particular user and approve.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

So, what would make a BG check take months?

But that wouldn't help them justify their obscene budget.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I decided to get my first suppressor. I efiled the paperwork at the local gun store on 3/21 and received approval today. Less than 3 business days not counting the weekend.

Pick it up Friday and will buy another one while I am there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel like I should do another SBR.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
I feel like I should do another SBR.
View Quote

I want to SBS a model 11 but can't find the right donor gun. I want a common variant, preferably already modified in some way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I was approved in less than 48 hours on a suppressor and an SBR.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Submitted 8 suppressors over the last 2 weeks and haven't heard back from a single one...shits taking forever.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, it happened!

Batch approval of all my outstanding form 4s: 3 in a trust and 4 individual. I submitted the ones in the trust first, paperwork to the ATF the second week in February, my individual submissions just around a week ago, including one yesterday!

Holy shit!  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like nobody is posting any 10-20 day approvals.
They're all just stupid fast, or still waiting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
I've heard the faster times only apply to the individual Form 4 and not the Trusts.  Is this true?
View Quote

@Yojimbo

With certain exceptions yes.

My first stamp was on a trust back when it didn't require fingerprints.

all my other stamps have been individual.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I am at 120 days and 181 days and still counting on two suppressors - individual.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I get being happy that you get to play with your toys as soon as possible.

BUT, why in the world would ATF have any interest in speeding up this process?

Did anybody think to consider that the only reason these things are being fast tracked is to remove the main barrier to acquiring NFA items and incentivize as many people as possible to self-identify themselves and get put on "the list".

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but I cannot see any benign reason for this process to suddenly become efficient.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#19]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Begging, paying for then eventually............. receiving a forensic identifier is a great strategic plan. I was wrong. Carry on.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif
View All Quotes
It blows my fucking mind that people will pay $200 to submit to the same procedures as an arrest to exercise a right. Obviously, I'm in the wrong here due to the exuberance.

The insane wait times weren't enough of an impediment so they got smart and decided rapid turn arounds are more useful for data collection and categorization.

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can't strategize.

Denying yourself force multipliers out of some desire to virtue signal is not strategic thinking.

Begging, paying for then eventually............. receiving a forensic identifier is a great strategic plan. I was wrong. Carry on.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif

I’d be interested to hear how you think owning an NFA item and being on “the list” is opening oneself up to any more risk than any other gun owner.

The ATF already has metric fuck tons of 4473s from gun shops that have closed for one reason or another.  We now know fed .gov is in bed with basically all financial institutions who likely willingly provide information about customers who make even tangentially firearm related purposes.  Any number of Fed .gov agencies have the ability to siphon mass amounts of data from every social media website out there (with or without those companies help) and the capability to parse it using AI (amongst other things) to filter and detect certain types of people (using whatever parameters they want).

While I understand the sentiment of your position, it’s purely symbolic. Realistically, having your name added to the NFRTR isn’t adding much, if any, additional risk to a firearm owner in 2024, at least not that I can see.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:

Did anybody think to consider that the only reason these things are being fast tracked is to remove the main barrier to acquiring NFA items and incentivize as many people as possible to self-identify themselves and get put on "the list".

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but I cannot see any benign reason for this process to suddenly become efficient.
View Quote

I mean, it’s possible I guess, but fed .gov isn’t known for thinking about “down the road” legal consequences and potential avenues of legal attack.  There’s more than enough evidence of that.

Is there some nefarious motive behind the increased speed?  I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there is, but if they want to ban something, they’re going to do it one way or another.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I am a gunsmith for the government...

I am already on a bunch of lists...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

If you're posting here, you're already on "the list"
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eac223:

View Quote

Yup, also once you pop your cherry on your first suppressor the damage is done.  You might as well just get back in line for another one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I certified a Form 1 (individual) Monday evening and haven't been approved yet.

Obviously the system is still broken.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By joker581:
I submitted one Tuesday and it was approved a little over 24hrs later.
View Quote

I submitted on Tuesday also on a Dead Air Wolfman and it was approved on Thursday, picking that one up this morning.  The submission a week ago on another Dead Air can took 24 hours.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

If you are that worried about being on “a list”, sell all of your guns and move to Antarctica.

View Quote

I've got NFA stuff. It's too late for me. I'm not even saying don't get NFA stuff because of it. I'm just saying that this is why it's happening.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm still waiting on an individual Form 4 from 11/29/2023.
This is bullshit
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I'm happy for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

The paranoid guys here would love participating in Personnel Reliability Program.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

That is awesome!!  

I submitted 2 on Monday afternoon.
Starting to get annoyed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Try Capitol Armory. My last one from them I submitted the same day I purchased.

The mailed to your door wait after approval takes a couple extra weeks. It’s worth it to me though.
View Quote

I buy from CA all of the time. I don't use their mail service as I live an hour away. I just put a Velos LBP in NFA jail today.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#33]
God, this thread makes me jealous as fuck.  I only own one suppressor and its a .22 can that took 14 months for approval.  No idea how some of you lucky bastards have like 40 stamps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CypressCity:
God, this thread makes me jealous as fuck.  I only own one suppressor and its a .22 can that took 14 months for approval.  No idea how some of you lucky bastards have like 40 stamps.
View Quote

I don't have nearly that many but I say get what you want the time is going to pass no matter what might as well look forward to getting something.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I went to the local shop with a Silencer Shop kiosk. Did all the stuff for a Form 4 on Sat the 23rd. Got an email Monday the 25th to certify it. Nothing since.
Hopefully hear something early this next week.

A coworker is on 5 months for a Form 4. Another coworker got approved in 5 or 6 working days.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I submitted a form 1 3 weeks ago then another 1 week later. It's on a trust with 3RP. Nothing yet but I am considering another can and filing individual and see what happens.

''the last can on my trust took over 300 days.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm jealous of all these quick times...I thought if I bought a bunch at least a couple would get approved lol

These are all from 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard shit yet!

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
I'm jealous of all these quick times...I thought if I bought a bunch at least a couple would get approved lol

These are all from 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard shit yet!

https://i.imgur.com/aMYpcMc.jpeg
View Quote

Nice. I have a Flow on the way, too. I'm intrigued by the Mojave. Sage gave it a great review.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
I went to the local shop with a Silencer Shop kiosk. Did all the stuff for a Form 4 on Sat the 23rd. Got an email Monday the 25th to certify it. Nothing since.

A coworker is on 5 months for a Form 4. Another coworker got approved in 5 or 6 working days.
View Quote

I certified a Form 1 on Monday the 25th, and a Form 4 on Wednesday the 27th, and haven't heard anything yet. (SS kiosk, individual)

I'm kind of antsy, but I know there are guys who are still 6+ months waiting...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

I certified a Form 1 on Monday the 25th, and a Form 4 on Wednesday the 27th, and haven't heard anything yet. (SS kiosk, individual)

View All Quotes

If you submit something every few months it makes the wait less crappy when they go slow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#41]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

If you submit something every few months it makes the wait less crappy when they go slow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokifox:

I have another suppressor backordered, so I'll be able to put that plan into action next month.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Submitted my DA Mask 3/29 @ 12:15pm and approved 4/2 @ 2:20pm.
After reading this thread I was trying not to get my hopes up but there it is. Pick it up tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ElCazadorBlanco:
I'm still waiting on an individual Form 4 from 11/29/2023.
This is bullshit
View Quote

Submit something “new” I was told today that the old form sometimes gets approved with the more recent form…in the shorter time frame.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

Submit something “new” I was told today that the old form sometimes gets approved with the more recent form…in the shorter time frame.
View Quote

Hard to do with so many models out of stock now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TugJob:

Hard to do with so many models out of stock now.
View Quote

CA is running an "in stock" thread in the silencer forum, they've been getting several in stock this week, but a few you do have to be quick to jump on.

Atf needs to get this going on trusts, I certified 2 more over the past two weeks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Cries in New York.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Certified a sparrow through my dealers silencershop Kiosk on the 4/3. Was hoping to get it back today but nothing yet.   Hopefully next week.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Bought a Dead Air Mask through SS a couple of weeks ago.  Took a while for the form 3 to transfer it to my local dealer.  Certified it on 4/3 at 4:00 PM.  Received and approval TODAY at 11:30 - 1.5 DAYS!  My last cans were 300+ days!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Just had a guy at my club get another can.

Flow 556 or something like that.  1 day 9 hours from certification to approval.  

He got the last one at the LGS and they don't have much of anything left now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top