Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/14/2023 5:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek]
ETA: "The Story So Far"
Basically a summary of FF7 Remake:

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - The Story So Far

Pre-order on Amazon and Best Buy is live. Deluxe and Collector's Editions from the SE store: https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth
ETA: Collector's Edition sold out already

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - Release Date Announce Trailer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Ajek:
Pre-order on Amazon and Best Buy is live. Deluxe and Collector's Editions from the SE store: https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth

https://i.postimg.cc/cCMJVr7V/image.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVL-ygqw3w

https://i.postimg.cc/2j2fysjQ/vsfuc9j0jaob1.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE STILL MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
BE STILL MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Thank God we have a release date far enough ahead of time so I can take a week off of work
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 6:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
This is potentially interesting if the exclusive period doesn't last as long this time (Remake was 1 year, and took a bit longer before PC version came out).

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm probably going to be taking some days off for this one too.  The Remake was phenomenal.

I'm very curious to see what they do with Zack.  Anyone that hasn't played Crisis Core or Reunion probably should.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Shagohod:
I'm probably going to be taking some days off for this one too.  The Remake was phenomenal.

I'm very curious to see what they do with Zack.  Anyone that hasn't played Crisis Core or Reunion probably should.
View Quote

I'm planning to after I finish Starfield. I haven't played Crisis Core or Reunion, but I played Dirge of Cerberus.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm planning to after I finish Starfield. I haven't played Crisis Core or Reunion, but I played Dirge of Cerberus.
View Quote

Make sure you play Reunion and not the original Crisis Core - the story is 100% the same, but the gameplay is vastly improved.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#8]

Make sure you play Reunion and not the original Crisis Core - the story is 100% the same, but the gameplay is vastly improved.
View Quote

Yeah, I've seen full gameplay of the original about a dozen times. It's way on the back burner with Ever Crisis out and Rebirth around the corner.

I'm trying to build a YouTube channel and I'm focused on Starfield right now, but my plan is to pivot and go hard on the Final Fantasy 7 universe and other amazing RPGs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Yeah, I've seen full gameplay of the original about a dozen times. It's way on the back burner with Ever Crisis out and Rebirth around the corner.

I'm trying to build a YouTube channel and I'm focused on Starfield right now, but my plan is to pivot and go hard on the Final Fantasy 7 universe and other amazing RPGs.
View Quote

I'm not impressed with Ever Crisis, though I didn't have high hopes to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#10]

I'm not impressed with Ever Crisis, though I didn't have high hopes to begin with.
View Quote

I figured I'd play it, to get a better understanding of the direction Square is taking FF7.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 11:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#11]
Max Played FFVII Rebirth...GET READY - 4K Preview, Gameplay & More

The INSANITY of FFVII Rebirth's Combat - 4K Preview

Vincent will not be playable
The will accompany the party like Red XIII in Remake.

https://www.ign.com/articles/vincent-valentine-will-be-an-accompanying-character-in-final-fantasy-7-rebirth

Zack will be playable!

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-will-include-a-new-episode-with-zack

No chocobo breeding

https://www.ign.com/articles/sorry-final-fantasy-7-rebirth-wont-have-chocobo-breeding
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Pre-ordered. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:48:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#13]
Open world confirmed!

Script is double the length of Remake's!

100 hours of content!

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Will Feature 100 Hours of Content

FWIW, my first playthrough of Remake was about 55 hours, then I did hard mode in about 35. (that's the game timer which doesn't count dying and reloading )
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Foreshadowing?

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
Pre-ordered. Can't wait.
View Quote

I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#16]

I watched him live on Twitch last night. Lots of good info from that stream that might not be in his videos.

You know he's the only journalist that discovered swimming in the game?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
Pre-ordered. Can't wait.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition.

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:48:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#18]

I pre-ordered the collector's edition.

https://i.postimg.cc/nzPJd4jx/image.jpg
View Quote

I can't afford it. I'm unemployed and going all-in developing a YouTube channel, sadly.

I wanted to sooooo bad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#19]

I watched him live on Twitch last night. Lots of good info from that stream that might not be in his videos.

You know he's the only journalist that discovered swimming in the game?
View Quote

Yeah, lots of good stuff there.

He's pretty great for FF7 news/info.

I actually discovered him because of his previous FF7 content. He's almost as big a fan as I am.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:54:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#20]

Yeah, lots of good stuff there.

He's pretty great for FF7 news/info.

I actually discovered him because of his previous FF7 content. He's almost as big a fan as I am.
View Quote

I found him during the lead-up to FF7R release watching his New Threat playthrough then his Souls games playthroughs.

I'm working on transitioning my channel to FF7 content because it's my favorite game. I have multiple playthroughs going right now.

PS4:
Platinum on OG FF7
Almost Platinum on FF7R

I probably put in 100+ hours of FF7 games each year. I have been doing that since 1997.

PS5:
Almost Platinum on FF7RI

PC:
3 Different playthroughs for YouTube content
I'm planning on streaming FF7RI starting this Sunday

I play between 60-100 hours of FF7 content every year and have been doing that since 1997. Rough estimate of about 75 full playthroughs of the original FF7 and 10 for FF7R.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Interview with director Naoki Hamaguchi:
https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-interview

"What new story elements can we expect from the game?

As with FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, we have been careful to maintain the storyline from the original game, while at the same time adding extra story content to flesh it out as a remake.

In addition to the main story, there has also been a huge amount of new side content added and you can expect to see new story told through that as well!

How does that new content affect the structure of the game?

Unlike the previous title, which had new content made available to the player following developments in the story, FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH has been designed to allow the player to freely select what order to play much of its content in.

Accordingly, it has also been structured so that none of the side content becomes cut-off and you never lose the opportunity to go back and play it, regardless of how far you progress in the story. That means that you can always take a detour and explore the expansive and vibrant world whenever the mood takes you."

That's really interesting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 4:01:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#22]
From the SquareEnix blog:
FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH: The combat of Red XIII

ETA: also this one from a few days ago:
A closer look at the world of FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH

Looking at some of the early videos, the world seems to be fairly large, but not overwhelmingly so. It's not 1:1 like a real world, but I'm sure they want to avoid all the empty space that people were critical of in FF15.

ETA2: The Collector's Edition seems to be going in and out of stock - may still be possible to get one if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#23]
From the SquareEnix blog:
FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH: The combat of Red XIII

ETA: also this one from a few days ago:
A closer look at the world of FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH

Looking at some of the early videos, the world seems to be fairly large, but not overwhelmingly so. It's not 1:1 like a real world, but I'm sure they want to avoid all the empty space that people were critical of in FF15.

ETA2: The Collector's Edition seems to be going in and out of stock - may still be possible to get one if anyone is interested.
View Quote

About the State of Play with Vincent's announcement
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:10:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#24]

About the State of Play with Vincent's announcement
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 6:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#25]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That definitely could be. Devs said things would be out of order, though.

I already knew about his playability.

I'm wondering about Cid, though. We'll be going to the Forgotten Capital so maybe the Temple of the Ancients, too, so Cid traditionally would be picked-up with the Tiny Bronco by then. Also, Max's stream was going over some Reddit stuff and the world map might be showing Mideel and the surrounding islands in exposed gameplay. They were trying to figure out where Midgar was and how big it is in relation to all of the journo play area.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 11:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#26]

That definitely could be. Devs said things would be out of order, though.

I already knew about his playability.

I'm wondering about Cid, though. We'll be going to the Forgotten Capital so maybe the Temple of the Ancients, too, so Cid traditionally would be picked-up with the Tiny Bronco by then. Also, Max's stream was going over some Reddit stuff and the world map might be showing Mideel and the surrounding islands in exposed gameplay. They were trying to figure out where Midgar was and how big it is in relation to all of the journo play area.
View Quote

I have to double check, but I think a dev said Cid will be non-playable, too.

The "out of order" thing is what I'm most excited about of the "knowns" (as opposed to the unknowns like Zack).
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#27]
Then vs Now:

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#28]

What a difference 26 years makes.

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack for this one too.  They killed it in the Remake and it was even better than the original, imo.  Other than Wall Market, that shit was obnoxious, especially considering the 9 dresses trophy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#29]

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack for this one too.  They killed it in the Remake and it was even better than the original, imo.  Other than Wall Market, that shit was obnoxious, especially considering the 9 dresses trophy.
View All Quotes

Hell yeah; the soundtrack for Remake is phenomenal. I bought the CDs and vinyl

I'm so hyped for Rebirth. Check out how the world music seamlessly transitions to a battle theme and back again:

Other than Wall Market, that shit was obnoxious, especially considering the 9 dresses trophy

I never would have done that, but it was the only thing I needed for the platinum after playing through a couple times. FF7R is the only game I've ever bothered to platinum.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I'm so stoked
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Biggest FF7 reveal yet!

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Biggest FF7 reveal yet!

https://i.postimg.cc/d1NfQSrd/image.jpg
View Quote

VINDICATIOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I still haven't finished the first one, I got a bit bored toward the end.  Maybe I'll fire it up, but I'll likely wait until this one is dirt cheap, the remake was kinda meh.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
I still haven't finished the first one, I got a bit bored toward the end.  Maybe I'll fire it up, but I'll likely wait until this one is dirt cheap, the remake was kinda meh.
View Quote

How far into the end?
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#36]

How far into the end?
View Quote

Been so long, I haven't played since release of Remake.   I think I was at the point where the game may have said no turning back from here or something to that effect but I could be fuzzy on that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Been so long, I haven't played since release of Remake.   I think I was at the point where the game may have said no turning back from here or something to that effect but I could be fuzzy on that.
View Quote

There's two spots like that. One at 75% of the way through before going into Shinra Tower, the other right at the last series of bosses at the end of the game. I can see some people stop right at those bosses because that's when it gets shown that Remake is a sequel to the original FF7 and the sharp story shift can be jarring.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 10:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#38]

There's two spots like that. One at 75% of the way through before going into Shinra Tower, the other right at the last series of bosses at the end of the game. I can see some people stop right at those bosses because that's when it gets shown that Remake is a sequel to the original FF7 and the sharp story shift can be jarring.
View All Quotes

After playing through the game many times, a couple stretches from 75% through ~90% are the slowest parts of the game, IMO.

However, there are some really awesome moments in there, too.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#39]

After playing through the game many times, a couple stretches from 75% through ~90% are the slowest parts of the game, IMO.

However, there are some really awesome moments in there, too.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Ah, yeah. Flying combat is definitely annoying in FF7R. They fixed it with Yuffie's DLC, though.

I get the other part being boring; for me, I get through it so fast now I forget what it was like the first playthrough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Ah, yeah. Flying combat is definitely annoying in FF7R. They fixed it with Yuffie's DLC, though.

I get the other part being boring; for me, I get through it so fast now I forget what it was like the first playthrough.
View Quote

For sure. The return to the sewers in chapter 14, a segment that has been criticized for dragging, was a complete non-issue after the first playthrough because I can blow through it so quickly.

I bought the game again on PC, and completed the first playthrough in ~35hrs, while still completing all available content, which was 20hrs less than my original playthrough on PS4. A lot of nitpicky complaints disappear when it only takes 35hrs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#41]

For sure. The return to the sewers in chapter 14, a segment that has been criticized for dragging, was a complete non-issue after the first playthrough because I can blow through it so quickly.

I bought the game again on PC, and completed the first playthrough in ~35hrs, while still completing all available content, which was 20hrs less than my original playthrough on PS4. A lot of nitpicky complaints disappear when it only takes 35hrs.
View Quote

Nice. I haven't played it on PC, yet.

I've put over 100 hours and I'm missing only a couple of achievements to get Platinum on the PS4 version AND the PS5 version.

The plan is to finish Cyberpunk and begin my full PC playthroughs (on Steam) for FF7 OG and FF7R and upgrade my PC for FF7R2.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:17:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#42]
New trailer released tonight, featuring the theme song of Rebirth.

Looks to contain some spoilers. View at your own risk:

Click To View Spoiler

I think this will be the last trailer I watch. Unless they announce a demo or something, I'm probably going to go dark on FF7 Rebirth news and media until after I've played it.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: I haven't updated news in this thread in a while, but Matt Mercer was revealed to be voicing Vincent a month or so ago.

ETA2:

Here's a live performance of the complete theme song, "No Promises to Keep"
Spoilers are much more mild than the above trailer, but there are still some.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#43]
Square Enix blog post regarding latest trailer.

Contains significant spoilers. If you skipped the trailer, don't look at this.

https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-cid-theme-song

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:57:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#44]
Square Enix blog post regarding latest trailer.

Contains significant spoilers. If you skipped the trailer, don't look at this.

https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-cid-theme-song

https://i.postimg.cc/Jhr37p1V/FFVII-REBIRTH-December-Keyart-16x9.png
View Quote

I'll add to this VERY BIG SPOILER in the blog.

It does confirm a number of things and there's some interesting twists on the desert area.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Click To View Spoiler

I think this will be the last trailer I watch. Unless they announce a demo or something, I'm probably going to go dark on FF7 Rebirth news and media until after I've played it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125679/FF7_Rebirth_Team_jpg-3052806.JPG

ETA: I haven't updated news in this thread in a while, but Matt Mercer was revealed to be voicing Vincent a month or so ago.

ETA2:

View Quote

Holy fuck this looks amazing.  I was skeptical when they did they remake, but I was blown away.  This looks even better, like it could be one of the best games ever, unseating FFX as my favorite FF game ever.

I'm pretty thrilled and interested about the whole Zack angle.  I'm glad they did a proper remake of Crisis Core to give people a chance to see Zack's story.

This game is definitely going to punch you in the fucking gut a few times.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Holy fuck this looks amazing.  I was skeptical when they did they remake, but I was blown away.  This looks even better, like it could be one of the best games ever, unseating FFX as my favorite FF game ever.

I'm pretty thrilled and interested about the whole Zack angle.  I'm glad they did a proper remake of Crisis Core to give people a chance to see Zack's story.

View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125679/FF7_Rebirth_Team_jpg-3052806.JPG

ETA2:

I'm a little bummed because Cid and Vincent look so badass and we're going to have to wait for part 3 to get to play as them.

Otherwise, this game is going to be amazing. "The Empire Strikes Back" of the FF7 Remake trilogy.

Very interested in the Zack angle as well. This trailer took my excitement up to 11.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:47:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShadowAngel] [#47]
Wife and I loved the first part of the remake, but it's been really slow going.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not watching any trailers or anything. Super pumped for this.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

This is such an amazing picture.

I made it the wallpaper on my PC.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm waiting on a new Final Fantasy Tactics. Will Sephrioth's super nova attack animation take a freaking eternity in this like in the OG game.

Sephiroth's Super Nova (HD 1080p)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top