Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

Go watch Vice Principals
View Quote

And the Righteous Gemstones.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Add the money grab that's                 to that list.
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]

I think it was demonstrated that the BOS does not value squires at all. They would never waste prewar drugs on a squire, they have plenty
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Yes, but that same plot hole is prevalent in the games too.

I think it was demonstrated that the BOS does not value squires at all. They would never waste prewar drugs on a squire, they have plenty

I finished up the season, and I'm going with this too.  

Tranny wasn't really a squire, they just got anointed the day before so not much training and zero combat.  They aren't wasting a stim pack on it with plenty of willing volunteers.

With how little regard they have for their squires and anyone below them really bothers me more for the plot.  They treat them like Russian cannon fodder but I would think in the Wasteland human manpower would be limited.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Tranny wasn't really a squire, they just got anointed the day before so not much training and zero combat.  They aren't wasting a stim pack on it with plenty of willing volunteers.

With how little regard they have for their squires and anyone below them really bothers me more for the plot.  They treat them like Russian cannon fodder but I would think in the Wasteland human manpower would be limited.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gator:
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Yes, but that same plot hole is prevalent in the games too.

They teach them to read and give them a basic science education. That alone gives them some value. It’s dumb what they are doing, really. They had Maximus for 15 years, he should be a well-drilled soldier by 2196.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Goosey was pretty hot, but the actress that played the pregnant vault dweller wasn’t bad either.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8036_jpeg-3188508.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8037_jpeg-3188509.JPG
View Quote

Question about her (Stephanie, iirc)...

In a late episode, she was shown icing her crotch.  Was that post-pregnancy related?  Or is Chet a stallion?

Rob
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Teddydog:

Question about her (Stephanie, iirc)...

In a late episode, she was shown icing her crotch.  Was that post-pregnancy related?  Or is Chet a stallion?

Rob
View Quote

Wondered the same thing
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:

He will always and forever be Boyd Crowder from justified. In my mind at least anyway and I agree he can steal a show without even trying.  

I just finished fallout today and really enjoyed it, but I had no video game knowledge.
View Quote

Val Venus for me but to fair I watched SOA before The Shield or Justified.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By matto4785:

To be fair, the Fallout universe's version of capitalism does in fact hate you. For those who don't know the lore, in the Fallout univers businesses are basically unregulated and every politician is basically bought and paid for. Product safety is non existent. Worker safety and protections are non existent. Major corporations essentially have their own military. If a company could get away with killing a competitors customers to cause their sales to drop, they would. Essentially every negative or criticism about capitalism in our world is jacked up to 11 in the Fallout world.
View Quote

No regs on businesses, no Consumer Product Safety Commission/FDA/USDA, no OSHA....basically a GD wet dream.  Libertarianism at its finest.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#9]
Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:

He will always and forever be Boyd Crowder from justified. In my mind at least anyway and I agree he can steal a show without even trying.  

I just finished fallout today and really enjoyed it, but I had no video game knowledge.

Wrong Venus.  Val Venus is this guy.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:
Finally just finished all 8 episodes.
Kind of seems like there's a million different angles they could take this show based off what I know playing the games since FO1 was released what what was presented in this first season.

I guess we'll see.

View Quote

Yeah, the creators said it won't be a copy of any specific game scenario, supposed to be original, Amazon

Rock on, it is what it is, imagine trying to compress Skyrim into a followable series if you never watched it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate that they didn’t try to do EVERYTHING in 8 episodes.

For example, no super mutants, no mini nukes being used, no death-claws…

And this is ok…they have left a lot of room for growth.

I think they also kept in mind that they are making a video game series TV show and they need to be able to explain things to people who never played the games..

So minor changes for stuff like that, no big deal to me.

I was surprised that they had no issues completely letting the cat out of the bag pertaining to vault tec.

Prior to the show, everything was conjecture as to how the Great War was started…

Also, curious if they will bring in more of the enclave…last time we saw anything significant from them was FO3..
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
Overall, awesome show.  I'd probably give it an 8 out of 10.  For reference I thought Terminal List was probably a 6 out of 10, the first season of Witcher was an 8.5 out of 10, first few seasons of Game of Thrones are probably in the 10 out of 10 range for me.  The tiny bit of woke stuff was a little distracting and took away from the show a little bit:

Click To View Spoiler

Often good sense of humor.  Loved the Maximus actor's delivery on many of his lines.  Lucy wasn't the "STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN" I was worried she would be.  Her character development progressed very well.

I think it's just about the best we could hope for in today's climate for MODERN AUDIENCES.  /Critical Drinker voice.
View Quote

The games made it very clear that pre-war…if you had any kind of descent from what the government or cooperations were doing, they would label you as a communist. There was a red scare and the powers that be used it to their advantage.

With that being said, there was also real communists trying to change things within the US. FO76 has events that ultimately lead to a secret Chinese base full of communist ghouls. And FO4 had a Chinese nuclear sub you could visit.

The FO world is a very fucked up world. There really wasn’t anyone “good” in my opinion. Everything was more gray..

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

What?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Add the money grab that's                 to that list.

What?

Fallout 76 is a crippled game they want you to pay $100/year to get some of the things we always had with a Fallout game.  Then all the micro transactions in the store it shoves you in every time you log in.     It's a crippled money grab that could have been decent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think a live service Fallout game would have ever worked.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:
I appreciate that they didn't try to do EVERYTHING in 8 episodes.

For example, no super mutants, no mini nukes being used, no death-claws

And this is ok they have left a lot of room for growth.

I think they also kept in mind that they are making a video game series TV show and they need to be able to explain things to people who never played the games..

So minor changes for stuff like that, no big deal to me.

I was surprised that they had no issues completely letting the cat out of the bag pertaining to vault tec.

Prior to the show, everything was conjecture as to how the Great War was started

Also, curious if they will bring in more of the enclave last time we saw anything significant from them was FO3..
View Quote
I too am hoping that the Enclave reemerge. I think they are the most potentially interesting faction, being the remnant of the United States government.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:01:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 10-8DoWork:
Like everyone else. I have high hopes because I love the Fallout series, but am ready to turn the TV off early if it's a bunch of woke garbage .

Edit: Looks like the series might be OK based on some of the earlier posts.
View Quote

High hopes but turned off after a couple episodes. Not watching nor supporting that Hollywood woke trash. Shame
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:13:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Wrong Venus.  Val Venus is this guy.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/lpORjmhm8wQAAAAC/val-venis.gif
View Quote

Eh? A trany is a trany.Close enough
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By follybeacher:

High hopes but turned off after a couple episodes. Not watching nor supporting that Hollywood woke trash. Shame
View All Quotes
Like everyone else. I have high hopes because I love the Fallout series, but am ready to turn the TV off early if it's a bunch of woke garbage .

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't mind Enclave armored troopers   fighting BOS armored troopers in the ruins of new vegas next season.

Wonder if they'll mention mr house being taken out by a courier..  Side villain working both sides could be an Omerta.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I finished the season last night, and also started playing FO4 right after.  I love that Atom Punk universe and wish I would have spent more time on the games.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140266/Screenshot_2024-04-16_080929_jpg-3189315.JPG

If someone thinks the Fallout show is so woke that they can’t even stomach it, then they probably think that 99.9% of films and tv shows are woke too.

Seems like a sad way to live.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#22]

If someone thinks the Fallout show is so woke that they can’t even stomach it, then they probably think that 99.9% of films and tv shows are woke too.

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140266/Screenshot_2024-04-16_080929_jpg-3189315.JPG

What’s funny is the whole 31-32-33 scheme of control, and MIC forever wars is exactly the sort of “conspiracy theories” they believe in. But since they gave a troon a minor supporting role the whole series is woke trash. Lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Never played the games, but I'm 3 episodes in and liking it.

Now I want to start FO4 based on the comments here...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Truly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

What’s funny is the whole 31-32-33 scheme of control, and MIC forever wars is exactly the sort of “conspiracy theories” they believe in. But since they gave a troon a minor supporting role the whole series is woke trash. Lol
View All Quotes

And the he/she turning out to be a weak coward makes the righteous indignation even more amusing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

View Quote

Give it a whirl, for no other reason than it will give you alien abduction time loss.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

Give it a whirl, for no other reason than it will give you alien abduction time loss.
View All Quotes

I'm well versed in that phenomenon, I play Minecraft from time to time and played Civ2 back in the day.  (The sun is coming up??  Oh shit!!!)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I've never played the games and I enjoyed it.
It struck a pretty good balance between video gameplay logic and internal narrative logic. The constant visual puns and sight gags were well done. Lucy and her completely malapropos friendliness, unrelenting positivity and "Golden Rule" attitude was very funny. Walter Goggins was excellent, especially in the flashbacks. The character of Maximus took a bit to grok, and the Brotherhood is not very well fleshed out as an organization. The "Squires" seem to be more like Caddy cannon fodder than anything and the Knights seem to be portrayed as pretty inept at anything other than being bulletproof.
Thaddeus was a hoot.
The Vault 33 water crisis seemed to just get dropped. Was the slaughter of the prisoners and splitting up the population supposed to remedy that?
8/10
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By feudist:
The Vault 33 water crisis seemed to just get dropped. Was the slaughter of the prisoners and splitting up the population supposed to remedy that?
View Quote

The water chip is a twofold plot device: first it is a callback to Fallout 1, second I believe it was done in the show to continue to obfuscate how the NCR had tapped into the vault's water supply.

The poisoning of the prisoners is to introduce the question of did Chickenboy Troglodyte do it, or did the person they arrested do it? Because the vault leadership showed no signs of wanting to kill the raiders. The murder of the raiders shows the Overseer that she has a growing dissent problem.

Splitting the population to reinhabit Vault 32 is probably a multifold issue. Partly done because why leave a functional vault capable of producing food and people sitting idle, second to divide the population to further safeguard against both insurrection and discovery of the water issue (or other latent issues that would cause them to question authority).
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Agreed.  The series actually makes most woke tropes look bad.   Being overly kind and generous to everyone?  You'll get taken advantage of and killed.   Want to give your limited resources to criminals and killers?  Someone is going to do what needs doing.  Tranny power?  Hardly.  It was a coward.  Black female power?  Right.  She killed the world.   Heroic black male hero?  Nope. He is a liar, manipulator and ultimately a slave to is ambitions and wants.   Trust the government?  They'll fuck you over every chance they get.

People just see what they want to see.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]

The water chip is a twofold plot device: first it is a callback to Fallout 1, second I believe it was done in the show to continue to obfuscate how the NCR had tapped into the vault's water supply.

The poisoning of the prisoners is to introduce the question of did Chickenboy Troglodyte do it, or did the person they arrested do it? Because the vault leadership showed no signs of wanting to kill the raiders. The murder of the raiders shows the Overseer that she has a growing dissent problem.

Splitting the population to reinhabit Vault 32 is probably a multifold issue. Partly done because why leave a functional vault capable of producing food and people sitting idle, second to divide the population to further safeguard against both insurrection and discovery of the water issue (or other latent issues that would cause them to question authority).
View All Quotes

I think it’s partially to tie up loose ends and separate Norm from his supporters. I think it’s even odds that they were killed by a Dweller for revenge or by Betty to make sure they didn’t talk. Stephanie (a Vault 31er and therefore a “Bud’s Bud”) hooked up with Chet and took him to 32 to separate him from Norm. This enabled Betty to control Norm without harming him, he is one of them after all, even if he didn’t know it. It’s also why Bud didn’t kill him when he bluffed his way into 31.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#32]

I think it's partially to tie up loose ends and separate Norm from his supporters. I think it's even odds that they were killed by a Dweller for revenge or by Betty to make sure they didn't talk. Stephanie (a Vault 31er and therefore a "Bud's Bud") hooked up with Chet and took him to 32 to separate him from Norm. This enabled Betty to control Norm without harming him, he is one of them after all, even if he didn't know it. It's also why Bud didn't kill him when he bluffed his way into 31.
View Quote
Pretty sure the water chip issue was to get the dwellers in 32 concerned and solidify their vote for Betty as overseer, but it would have been nice to see some resolution to it.

Also it's pretty safe to say Betty killed the prisoners, since we know the Vault Tec people from 31 have no regard for surface people and want them gone so they can repopulate with their offspring from the vaults.  Hank nuking Shady Sands was the same thing, he was willing to kill all those people just to stop them siphoning water from the vault.  She just needed to wait until she was overseer to do it so she could cover it up more easily.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I have no idea, but I catch myself doing it too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:
Originally Posted By Earl_Basset:
Walter Goggins is a natural born scene stealer in anything he's in.  Good campy show.

I know its nitpicky but why does everyone call him "walter"?

Ask William Dafoe
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

Agreed.  The series actually makes most woke tropes look bad.   Being overly kind and generous to everyone?  You'll get taken advantage of and killed.   Want to give your limited resources to criminals and killers?  Someone is going to do what needs doing.  Tranny power?  Hardly.  It was a coward.  Black female power?  Right.  She killed the world.   Heroic black male hero?  Nope. He is a liar, manipulator and ultimately a slave to is ambitions and wants.   Trust the government?  They'll fuck you over every chance they get.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

There is still hope for Maximus….Lucy is inspiring heroic behavior out of him. He charged the Observatory for her, not the Brotherhood. I suspect she’s going to end up fixing him, love of a good woman and all that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JTHM242:

Ask William Dafoe
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:
Walter Goggins is a natural born scene stealer in anything he's in.  Good campy show.

I know its nitpicky but why does everyone call him "walter"?

Ask William Dafoe

lol!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Why was Stephanie icing her precious?
Is Chet packing a hog? lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Ask William Dafoe
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure One-Eyed-Icy-Cooch Bud's Bud Girl killed off the raiders, based on her commentary before and after they were poisoned.

They repopulated 32 so they could fire up the experiment (whatever it was) again in that vault, with the hope that this time the new dwellers won't discover 31's real contents and plans.

I think the water chip was just a homage, they probably had spares in 32 or 31 (or it wasn't broke at all, just a way to reinforce the "glum, trust 31" and get Betty re-elected )
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Just found out one of my co-workers has a friend who is an extra in the show. He was telling me that he played a knight at Midievel Times so I asked if he was a knight in the Fallout show. He said he didn’t know and took his phone out to show me the pictures. Dude is wearing BOS T-60 armor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#40]
It struck a pretty good balance between video gameplay logic and internal narrative logic. The constant visual puns and sight gags were well done. Lucy and her completely malapropos friendliness, unrelenting positivity and "Golden Rule" attitude was very funny. Walter Goggins was excellent, especially in the flashbacks. The character of Maximus took a bit to grok, and the Brotherhood is not very well fleshed out as an organization. The "Squires" seem to be more like Caddy cannon fodder than anything and the Knights seem to be portrayed as pretty inept at anything other than being bulletproof.
Thaddeus was a hoot.
8/10
View Quote
I think that was a tip of the hat to the fact that you can use companions in the game (FO 4) to carry stuff for you. So, if you have a companion, you load there asses up with all the stuff you want, but don't need right now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Do FO3 and New Vegas first, then you will appreciate 4 better.  And also be driven crazy by the repetition in 4.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Am I the only one who has no idea who he is? I don't think I've ever seen him in anything, certainly didn't recognize him when he showed in the show.

Goggins is giving us post-apocalyptic Boyd Crowder in Fallout, and that is not a bad thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
I think that was a tip of the hat to the fact that you can use companions in the game (FO 4) to carry stuff for you. So, if you have a companion, you load there asses up with all the stuff you want, but don't need right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
Thaddeus was a hoot.
8/10

And they suck ass in combat, you can't order them around exactly in real time, they can't heal you when needed, etc.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Yep.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#45]

I think it’s partially to tie up loose ends and separate Norm from his supporters. I think it’s even odds that they were killed by a Dweller for revenge or by Betty to make sure they didn’t talk. Stephanie (a Vault 31er and therefore a “Bud’s Bud”) hooked up with Chet and took him to 32 to separate him from Norm. This enabled Betty to control Norm without harming him, he is one of them after all, even if he didn’t know it. It’s also why Bud didn’t kill him when he bluffed his way into 31.
View All Quotes

Didn’t Bud try to kill the brother?

I guess the syringe he was hilariously trying to stick him with could have been a tranq, but without help the brother wakes up and they’re in the exact same position they were before.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#46]
The wife and I watched it and like it. Not a bad ending for a second series starter.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Wait til April 24. It's going to get big upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Just wish they had made the Brotherhood of Steel more hardcore.

Their aspirants were just doing things I'd expect juvenile offenders serving time to do.  Where was the physical training? Why wasn't there a selection process for the squires? Whereas the discipline? Oh, and not a single of the Knights was a badass? Not one of them?  Out of the considerable numbers of the Brotherhood of Steel not one Knight is awesome?  Their assault of the New Republic was piss poor and they got cut to ribbons.  

I thought they did pretty much everything else pretty well, but the Brotherhood was portrayed terribly making them a non-factor in the narrative.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#49]

I guess the syringe he was hilariously trying to stick him with could have been a tranq, but without help the brother wakes up and they’re in the exact same position they were before.
View All Quotes

I got the impression it was a tranq….figured if they were gonna terminate all intruders they’d have given Bud a gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#50]
BrainBotBud is pretty much useless. Even if they gave him a gun, what's he going to do? Shoot you in the dick? Then how does he reload? Then again, how does he reload the syringe? The Gray Matter Roomba couldn't even get past a broom handle on his own.
Page / 32
Fallout Amazon series (Page 19 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top