Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Hellcat seems to feel better in most people’s hands at the store but the p365 XL is such a sweet shooter…
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I pocket carry my P365 often.  Of course I wear Riggs ranger pants every day and it disappears in the pocket.  Don’t even know it is there most of the time.  I use a sticky holster and it also is the safety model.  

Pathttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2153/image_jpg-3171659.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.  I wear cargo shorts throughout the warmer months and jeans in the colder (I work from home).  So hopefully whatever I land on works for those two uniforms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hellcat seems to feel better in most people’s hands at the store but the p365 XL is such a sweet shooter…
View Quote

I wouldn't be open to the XL specifically for pocket carry but on the hip?...maybe.  However, this is what I've read time and time again.  People shoot the P365 better but like the Hellcat's feel and features, initially, better.  

I will be going with whatever I shoot better.  I will be considering nothing else.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not following you. ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F6F every time.

Not following you. ??

Gruman F6F Hellcat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What's the thinking with the aluminum lower??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just bought a P365 FCG today. Going to build it out on a Sharps aluminum lower. Also bought a manual safety kit to add on as the FCG didn’t have one.

My buddy has a 365 with a Sharps module and it’s incredibly comfortable to hold and point. Fills the pocket of my hand nicely.

What's the thinking with the aluminum lower??

In the hand it’s not much heavier than the polymer framed pistol, but IMHO a little extra weight in such a small package isn’t a bad thing. The grip panels can be swapped out. Not sure if they offer panels with different contours, but I like the stock panels.

In terms of reliability with an aluminum lower, not sure. A lot of reviews on retailer pages seem to indicate they’re good to go.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#6]
FN hates you and probably will find a way out of the warranty so it’s really a hellcat vs a p365 at this point. I would go 365
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In the hand it’s not much heavier than the polymer framed pistol, but IMHO a little extra weight in such a small package isn’t a bad thing. The grip panels can be swapped out. Not sure if they offer panels with different contours, but I like the stock panels.

In terms of reliability with an aluminum lower, not sure. A lot of reviews on retailer pages seem to indicate they’re good to go.
View Quote

It might be appealing to some but not me.  This won't be a show piece...it'll come out at the range and to stop a threat.  So looks don't matter.  Only accuracy and reliability matter.

Thanks for breaking it down though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FN hates you and probably will find a way out of the warranty so it’s really a hellcat vs a p365 at this point. I would go 365
View Quote

Can you elaborate a bit more on the hating me part??  

But at this point, yes, the Reflex has been eliminated from the race for now.  If I can't shoot it, I won't gamble on it.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hadn't seen anything about those issues but something to look into.  As for the trigger I thought it was impressive when dry firing.  Crisp and smooth.

However, not having the opportunity to test one definitely has me concerned even without knowing the quirks.

Thanks for sharing though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two FN Reflex pistols, I have zero issues with them now. I've heard complaints from other forums poo pooing on them for stupid light SAO triggers and internal hammers with no safety. I've heard complaints about them choking during break in periods, shooting low left, extraction problems, ejection problems.  I had one problem child that needed around 400 rounds of 147/124/115 to work out. The 2nd one has been fine.

Hadn't seen anything about those issues but something to look into.  As for the trigger I thought it was impressive when dry firing.  Crisp and smooth.

However, not having the opportunity to test one definitely has me concerned even without knowing the quirks.

Thanks for sharing though.

I will also chime in on the Reflex since I'm one of the few to own one.  I'm not one of those guys who is going to promote my bad decisions because i own the thing and therefore I'm always right. It absolutely shot hard low left right out of the box and was basically unusable until i spent $120 for sights for a brand new pistol. The pistol is absolutely creepy. Its an SA with no safety, with an SA trigger that is always cocked during carry if you have a round in the chamber. I'm the guy who opts for no safety on my SA/DA pistols. I carry them De-cocked and have all the confidence in the world that, that is safe. I do not believe the Reflex is safe to carry in its factory configuration. I do believe newer runs addressed the mismatched sight issue. For the ones who got hosed, FN chose to tell them all it was fine, and combat hold is the answer. Mine required a combat hold 2' high and 1' right at 10yds.

It has merits. Maybe a hellcat style trigger safety is all it needs i don't know. But i really feel like FN did its customers dirty. It was basically the last 1-1/2 stack 9 to hit the market. They had almost a decade to refine it, and it left the factory with mismatched and misaligned sights, begging to be negligently discharged. Already not the cheapest of the group requiring hundreds in upgrades to just become usable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I will also chime in on the Reflex since I'm one of the few to own one.  I'm not one of those guys who is going to promote my bad decisions because i own the thing and therefore I'm always right. It absolutely shot hard low left right out of the box and was basically unusable until i spent $120 for sights for a brand new pistol. The pistol is absolutely creepy. Its an SA with no safety, with an SA trigger that is always cocked during carry if you have a round in the chamber. I'm the guy who opts for no safety on my SA/DA pistols. I carry them De-cocked and have all the confidence in the world that, that is safe. I do not believe the Reflex is safe to carry in its factory configuration. I do believe newer runs addressed the mismatched sight issue. For the ones who got hosed, FN chose to tell them all it was fine, and combat hold is the answer. Mine required a combat hold 2' high and 1' right at 10yds.

It has merits. Maybe a hellcat style trigger safety is all it needs i don't know. But i really feel like FN did its customers dirty. It was basically the last 1-1/2 stack 9 to hit the market. They had almost a decade to refine it, and it left the factory with mismatched and misaligned sights, begging to be negligently discharged. Already not the cheapest of the group requiring hundreds in upgrades to just become usable.
View Quote

That's quite a report!  I do believe H&K is the last to bring their version to market but I voild be wrong.

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's quite a report!  I do believe H&K is the last to bring their version to market but I voild be wrong.

Thanks for sharing!
View Quote

Well it's not to market yet. I'm actually waiting and waiting and waiting for it....H&K says it exists.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some buds and I shot the Hellcat vs P365 in side by side comparisons.

Consensus was:
Trigger was better on P365.
Recoil was noticeably better with P365.
We were all more accurate, faster, with the P365.

That was enough.
View Quote

This was exactly my experience. The Hellcat isn't a bad gun, but my times were noticeably faster with my P365 due to the much more favorable recoil impulse. Accurate and fast rounds on target wins for me. I have a P365 for pocket carry with a Vedder pocket locker and a P365XL w/ Wilson grip for belt carry.

I've owned a couple smaller polymer Springfields and they just don't quite have it down yet. All of them recoiled much more than their peer competitors.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well it's not to market yet. I'm actually waiting and waiting and waiting for it....H&K says it exists.
View Quote

I saw an image of it.  Not my undoubtedly overpriced cup of tea but we are living in interesting times that afford us a plethora of choices.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be open to the XL specifically for pocket carry but on the hip?...maybe.  However, this is what I've read time and time again.  People shoot the P365 better but like the Hellcat's feel and features, initially, better.  

I will be going with whatever I shoot better.  I will be considering nothing else.
View Quote

The ergos of the hellcat are why I shoot best with it FWIW. The sig shot similarly but not quite as well in my hands. And the sights are hands down better on the hellcat.

Good on you for doing your homework and seeing what works best in your hands.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The ergos of the hellcat are why I shoot best with it FWIW. The sig shot similarly but not quite as well in my hands. And the sights are hands down better on the hellcat.

Good on you for doing your homework and seeing what works best in your hands.
View Quote

Oh those sights were hypnotic!!! I got the gun in my hand, felt good....then I looked down the sights..... was thoroughly impressed!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I saw an image of it.  Not my undoubtedly overpriced cup of tea but we are living in interesting times that afford us a plethora of choices.
View Quote

People say FN hates it's customers. H&K hates their customers, FN's customers, FN, and everyone that looks like them. We'll get it when we get it and like it.

But i used to say the same thing. After years of shooting and discovering what i like and don't like, understanding subtle quality differences, and valuing grip repeatability built into ERGO's I've grown to appreciate H&K and can justify their price point. After owning and shooting them I've become a hopeless fanboy at this point with no hope of redemption. I have complete faith that when it does come out it will be spot on, and H&K will hate me more for buying one.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

People say FN hates it's customers. H&K hates their customers, FN's customers, FN, and everyone that looks like them. We'll get it when we get it and like it.

But i used to say the same thing. After years of shooting and discovering what i like and don't like, understanding subtle quality differences, and valuing grip repeatability built into ERGO's I've grown to appreciate H&K and can justify their price point. After owning and shooting them I've become a hopeless fanboy at this point with no hope of redemption. I have complete faith that when it does come out it will be spot on, and H&K will hate me more for buying one.

View Quote

How German of them!!! H&K and the Soup Nazi sound like they'd get along great...or just mutually hate each other.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally, the 365 feels better in my hand and I shoot it better. It was an easy choice for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually have an XL slide set up with a 407k that will drop right onto my 365 frame, so the same pistol can be set up for IWB with an optic or pocket carry with the original slide. That's one of the neat features the 365 offers that the Hellcat falls a little behind on.

Also, FWIW - after some range time with it last week I wouldn't necessarily say I do better with one or the other. It's all about familiarity and preference.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I actually have an XL slide set up with a 407k that will drop right onto my 365 frame, so the same pistol can be set up for IWB with an optic or pocket carry with the original slide. That's one of the neat features the 365 offers that the Hellcat falls a little behind on.

Also, FWIW - after some range time with it last week I wouldn't necessarily say I do better with one or the other. It's all about familiarity and preference.
View Quote

Working ahead there but that's a consideration I'm making....three different guns.  Hip, pocket, ankle....but all sharing the same magazines and other modularity/interchangeability.  Yes, there seems to be a significant edge to the P365 with this stuff...not as much with the Hellcat.  

That's the plan....I've got 50rds at this overpriced range to split between both guns and test which I like better.  I plan to do some single shots (shoot the P365 once then shoot the Hellcat once), some triple shots, and then a mag dump or two.  At the end I'll consider feel (perceived recoil and ease of use) as well as accuracy and I'll pick whichever one I shoot best.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Did you look at the Shield Plus? I love mine. It's new trigger is very nice.

Edit - disregard. Saw later posts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Coming back to the M&P shield....not even in the running based on specs alone.  Plus the road-cone-like loaded chamber indicator is going to be a HARD pass even if it was smaller and carried more rounds.

View Quote
You have to look at the Shield Plus - not the shield.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You have to look at the Shield Plus - not the shield.
View Quote

Ok, while we're getting warmer....that is still a solid .25"-.5" taller than either the P365 or Hellcat.  Height and thickness are what matter the most here so I'm still going to pass.  But thanks for the suggestion.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Coming back to the P365 grip modules....looks like there's a bunch of options.  When looking for ones with normal accessory rails and cheap....is there a go-to option that's good to go in terms of reliability?  So far the cheapest I'm seeing is $65-ish.  This looks like it should take about a buck or two worth of filament on a 3D printer so hopefully they get less expensive.  

Then the $400+ aluminum options.... just wow.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Coming back to the P365 grip modules....looks like there's a bunch of options.  When looking for ones with normal accessory rails and cheap....is there a go-to option that's good to go in terms of reliability?  So far the cheapest I'm seeing is $65-ish.  This looks like it should take about a buck or two worth of filament on a 3D printer so hopefully they get less expensive.  

Then the $400+ aluminum options.... just wow.  

Thanks!
View Quote

Anyone?

Thanks
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top