Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2024 3:31:28 PM EDT
This is a continuation of a consideration that started a few weeks back.  Looking for a new pocket gun to replace my LCP2.  I finally made it to a gun shop and had a chance to feel both of them....kinda.  Plus the Reflex caught my eye and has made it into the race.  

The P365X is all they had.  Felt decent in the hand but didn't wow me.  The Hellcat felt great in the hand, really liked the bells and whistles on board (texturing, ergos, etc.) but the sights really impressed me. Pretty nice trigger to!  The FN really surprised me.  Prior to going I didn't know of it.  But the ergos felt great as well and it kinda seemed like a runner up to the Hellcat.

What I really wish is that I had the chance to shoot them all.  However, aside from recoil, they all seem like great guns in fit and form.  Hellcat and FN Reflex are tied for capacity.  But it's only a single round different from the P365.  

For those who own one of these three, how did you land on one over the others?  Maybe it comes down to price??  No clue what the FN goes for online.  I'll have to look that up.  

At the same time I might....might....be transitioning to a Tisas Stingray in 9mm for hip carry.  So trading a G19 and LCP2 for a Tisas Stingray and one of these pocket 9's seems like a decent step up for me personally YMMV.  

Thanks!

EDIT:  I think the FN was the reflex not the 509.  But it held 11+1 of 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
F6F every time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
365 xl with a wilson module, carry 15 round reloads.

I have not shot the hellcat, but I know my local shop sells a bunch. The 509 is a lot bigger than the hellcat or 365
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
F6F every time.
View Quote

Not following you. ??
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I chose the Hellcat as it indexed in my hand better than the P365.  However, I think either is a fine choice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both the 365(XL) and Hellcat.  The 365 got my vote while the Hellcat earned a spot in the safe due to its trigger.  I can get used to the Hellcat sight but I'm a trigger snob so the 365 won. I did own a full size 509 it had pretty good trigger but nothing special to write home about.
Buy what fits you best is my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with the hellcat because it was used and I'm cheap. Also had a Shield red dot on it. For $400.

I will say, it doesn't fit in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Tisas Raider
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not following you. ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F6F every time.

Not following you. ??

WWII fighter
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]
My P365X with a EPS Carry, magguts and Wilson grip is the best carry gun i have owned. Reliable, accurate, feeds/fires all, light, small, 14+1, etc.

I sold my glocks after having it a few months.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not following you. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F6F every time.

Not following you. ??

Attachment Attached File

This is a Hellcat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not following you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F6F every time.

Not following you.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Hellcat and I love it.  I shoot it very well for what it is (when I actually get time to practice).  I don't know how many rounds i've got through it but it's probably North of 500, maybe 1,000.  Not a single hiccup.  It points very well and just barely fits my hand with the extended mag.  I like it better than the Shield I bought by far.  I don't really care for Glocks so I haven't even handled a 43 nor have I handled the Sig 365.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Hellcat again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
F6F every time.
View Quote

That's my favorite fighter from WWII, haha.

I almost bought a P365XL. It seemed like a very nice gun, but I end up going with the Hellcat. The P365 probably has a slightly nice trigger pull, but the Hellcat's trigger is fine. I ended up going with the Hellcat because the grip fit my hand better and I have come to trust Springfield's quality and customer service. Plus, with the 15 round magazine the Hellcat is a 15+1 carry gun that's around the same size as the P365X (12+1).

It really is personal preference though, there's some an adage about trying before buying. Maybe you can rent them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
How 'bout a Canik? It's hard to beat at its price point, $400.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have not shot the hellcat, but I know my local shop sells a bunch. The 509 is a lot bigger than the hellcat or 365
View Quote

Appreciate you pointing that out.  I had the model wrong.  It was the reflex.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting.. the Reflex is hammer fired, SAO. Anybody have one and how do you like it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting.. the Reflex is hammer fired, SAO. Anybody have one and how do you like it?
View Quote

The take up seemed noticeably longer than the Hellcat, but I'm not sure how much that actually matters in practice and in a SD situation.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Love my hellcat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Hellcat Pro.  Love it.  Iron sights are awesome, ergonomics too.  Carries really well and is 15+1 and I shoot it well.  Would buy again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]
The Hellcat Pro points more naturally for me than the Sig P365, especially with a rds. I have to remember to adjust my grip with the P365 XL. I don't care for the rear sight on the HP but the front sight is very nicely defined with it's yellow outline over the tritium vials. The P365's front sight is too low for me as I don't care for their "combat sight" picture. I always remove the #8 sight and put in a #6, so the front and rear are the same height. Some will say it will affect accuracy beyond a certain point but I never had an issue when I changed them out and now it points/aims like my other pistols. I do like the Macro Comp on the Sig and it really makes the recoil much lighter.

With that said, the S&W Shield 2.0 Plus handles better for me than either of them. It points more naturally and the grip is very nice. Capacity for the standard/flat mag is only 10 rounds but the 13 rounder has the same length overall as the HP frame and P365 Xl grip module. I am not worried about 2 more rounds if I can hit what I am aiming at with the 13 and do it more reliably. The newer Plus flat trigger is quite amazing and does wonders for the platform.

I have held the FN Reflex and it is similar to the 509T but I have never fired the Reflex.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]
P365
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Hellcat Pro points more naturally for me than the Sig P365, especially with a rds. I have to remember to adjust my grip with the P365 XL. I don't care for the rear sight on the HP but the front sight is very nicely defined with it's yellow outline over the tritium vials. The P365's front sight is too low for me as I don't care for their "combat sight" picture. I always remove the #8 sight and put in a #6, so the front and rear are the same height. Some will say it will affect accuracy beyond a certain point but I never had an issue when I changed them out and now it points/aims like my other pistols. I do like the Macro Comp on the Sig and it really makes the recoil much lighter.

With that said, the S&W Shield 2.0 Plus handles better for me than either of them. It points more naturally and the grip is very nice. Capacity for the standard/flat mag is only 10 rounds but the 13 rounder has the same length overall as the HP frame and P365 Xl grip module. I am not worried about 2 more rounds if I can hit what I am aiming at with the 13 and do it more reliably. The newer Plus flat trigger is quite amazing and does wonders for the platform.

I have held the FN Reflex and it is similar to the 509T but I have never fired the Reflex.
View Quote

The Shield is one I haven't held.  While I'm torn between the Hellcat and Reflex at this point, maybe the Shield beats them out in some way or several.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Aggressively textured guns suck for pocket carry
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I went with the hellcat because it was used and I'm cheap. Also had a Shield red dot on it. For $400.

I will say, it doesn't fit in my pocket.
View Quote

With the red dot it won't. I pocket carry it just using the stock sights.

I like the hellcat a little better than the P365 as a pocket gun. It won slightly on a lot of soft factors like the grip shape and trigger being a little closer to the Glocks I'm used to than the 365 is. It also fits me a little better and doesn’t leave an awkward little crease on my pant leg from the mag floor plate. Can't speak to the Reflex as I've never owned one but it's apparently a quarter-inch taller than the hellcat which would put it over the line from "the biggest thing I can pocket carry" to "the smallest thing I can't pocket carry".

Note that the P365X has the longer 12 round grip- this is really easy to replace for about $40 plus the cost of a flush 10rd mag but just handling one in store would give a false impression of how tall they are. I actually liked the 365X grip better, but only the original 365 grip (and any aftermarket one that's the same length) would let you pocket it effectively.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I went to the gun store with the intention of buying a Sig. I came home with a Hellcat Pro. The gun just felt better in my hand. With a Holosun 507k on it, I am pretty satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is looking MIGHTY tempting but the price is over 1k currently. Aluminum Grip.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-axg-legion.html

SKU - 365AXGCA-9-LEGION
CALIBER - 9mm Luger
MAGS INCLUDED - (3) 17rd Steel Mag (I think these take the P320 mags)
SIGHTS - XRAY3 Day/Night Sights
RX FOOTPRINT - Compact (Shield RMS-c)
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same for me except 17 round macro mags for a reload. It’s really amazing how little size difference there is between the 12 and 17 round magazines.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is looking MIGHTY tempting but the price is over 1k currently. Aluminum Grip.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/480138/p365-axg-legion_left_jpg-3170252.JPG

SKU - 365AXGCA-9-LEGION
CALIBER - 9mm Luger
View Quote

It uses the Xmacro 17 round magazine which is a longer 365 mag that will work in any of the smaller 365's (although it'll stick out of the grip with the shortys)
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It uses the Xmacro 17 round magazine which is a longer 365 mag that will work in any of the smaller 365's (although it'll stick out of the grip with the shortys)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/480138/p365-axg-legion_left_jpg-3170252.JPG

SKU - 365AXGCA-9-LEGION
CALIBER - 9mm Luger

Thank you for clarifying that!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Is M&P an option? Then M&P is the answer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is M&P an option? Then M&P is the answer.
View Quote

Is the M&P the same as the Shield?

Either way the specs have to be at or better than the Hellcat.  But sure I'll consider whatever.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Some buds and I shot the Hellcat vs P365 in side by side comparisons.

Consensus was:
Trigger was better on P365.
Recoil was noticeably better with P365.
We were all more accurate, faster, with the P365.

That was enough.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some buds and I shot the Hellcat vs P365 in side by side comparisons.

Consensus was:
Trigger was better on P365.
Recoil was noticeably better with P365.
We were all more accurate, faster, with the P365.

That was enough.
View Quote

This is why I wish I could try before buying.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#34]
P365X

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Love my hellcat.
View Quote

This.  Added an Apex trigger and it made a HUGE difference too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one and carry it every day- trigger is pretty good
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I am most certainly NOT a sig fan-boi but this damn thing is VERY impressive.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I fell down a similar rabbit home a couple years ago. For be the hellcat pointed better andI liked the sights better. Then I decided to get a red dot capable version. Then saw they had a comped version. Mmmm suppression. Did the math and the hellcat RDP was the only option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Keep in mind i think the Springfield gear up promo is still going. Get a few extra mags for free.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Keep in mind i think the Springfield gear up promo is still going. Get a few extra mags for free.
View Quote

Link?  I'm not seeing anything about it on Springfield's page.  Thanks!!

EDIT: Nope.   https://www.springfieldpromo.com/#oNoPromotion
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#41]
You didn't try the Shield Plus.  That's why you're debating the runner-ups.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I fell down a similar rabbit home a couple years ago. For be the hellcat pointed better andI liked the sights better. Then I decided to get a red dot capable version. Then saw they had a comped version. Mmmm suppression. Did the math and the hellcat RDP was the only option.
View Quote

I wonder if they sell the barrel separately?  I wouldn't be a fan of the protruding barrel for pocket carry but the capability is interesting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

SKU - 365AXGCA-9-LEGION
CALIBER - 9mm Luger
View Quote

@HiFlow
My buddy carries one right now. I've shot about 200 rounds through it. It's awesome. Best carry gun on the market, IMO. I've been wanting to get one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#44]
If I were in the market for another 9mm right now, it’d be a Hellcat Pro with a PRP trigger and an EPS Carry. Maybe a compensator.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#45]
At this point still leaning toward the Hellcat or Reflex.  But will try to find a Shield or M&P in person.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is a continuation of a consideration that started a few weeks back.  Looking for a new pocket gun to replace my LCP2.  I finally made it to a gun shop and had a chance to feel both of them....kinda.  Plus the Reflex caught my eye and has made it into the race.  

The P365X is all they had.  Felt decent in the hand but didn't wow me.  The Hellcat felt great in the hand, really liked the bells and whistles on board (texturing, ergos, etc.) but the sights really impressed me. Pretty nice trigger to!  The FN really surprised me.  Prior to going I didn't know of it.  But the ergos felt great as well and it kinda seemed like a runner up to the Hellcat.

What I really wish is that I had the chance to shoot them all.  However, aside from recoil, they all seem like great guns in fit and form.  Hellcat and FN Reflex are tied for capacity.  But it's only a single round different from the P365.  

For those who own one of these three, how did you land on one over the others?  Maybe it comes down to price??  No clue what the FN goes for online.  I'll have to look that up.  

At the same time I might....might....be transitioning to a Tisas Stingray in 9mm for hip carry.  So trading a G19 and LCP2 for a Tisas Stingray and one of these pocket 9's seems like a decent step up for me personally YMMV.  

Thanks!

View Quote
You need to shoot them.

I had a M&P Shield 2.0, and I have now a 43x & 365. They all feel good in the hand. They all shoot night and day different. The 365 is easily the best to shoot and manage recoil on.

Get off of the forum and hit the range before buying, seriously.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You need to shoot them.

I had a M&P Shield 2.0, and I have now a 43x & 365. They all feel good in the hand. They all shoot night and day different. The 365 is easily the best to shoot and manage recoil on.

Get off of the forum and hit the range before buying, seriously.
View Quote

Not sure how or where.  I'm in the Lehigh Valley/Eastern PA....if anyone is open to letting me try theirs or knows of a place that allows for testing

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Op, I did a video on this last month
I landed on hellcat with rare exception for the shield plus.

Ep. 11 - Advanced Concealed Carry By A Fireman Part 2: Best CCW Guns & Ammo In The Non-Permissive
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks!

View Quote

I've fired the hellcat and 365X back to back and they have similar recoil to me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Owned both a Hellcat and a 365. Both have been 100% reliable.

Hellcat felt better in my hand and it seems to be built extremely well. I just shoot the 365 better, so thats what I stayed with.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top