Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2024 5:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223]
Remember this thread I started? I found Leo Burt (longest wanted fugitive on FBI top 10 domestic terrorists.) https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-AP-and-FBI-UPDATE-2-HOURS-AGO-Leo-Frederick-Burt-FBI-Most-Wanted-TEACHING-AT-A-UNIVERSITY-/5-2664941/

Here's the original FBI photo until they decided to change it after I sent this in.

Here's the new FBI photo they decided to abruptly change after I sent the tip in.

So now he's "found".

Well, they found him and the books and movies are being written. This piece of shit commie blew up Sterling Hall. Oh well. Here's some info below and some of the photos.

Heavy.com - Missing Wisconsin Fugitive Leo Burt Is Alive in Canada, Website Claims
The website claims that a “stunning breakthrough” from an unnamed journalist “is soon to bring closure to one of the most enduring mysteries in American criminal history.”

Our investigative journalist has successfully located Leo Burt, the fugitive implicated in the 1970 Sterling Hall bombing at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. After more than five decades on the run, Burt has been found living under an assumed identity in Canada, marking the end of a 53-year manhunt,” the website says, but it does not name the journalist.

“In an extraordinary twist to an already remarkable story, the journalist responsible for locating Leo Burt, the elusive fugitive of the 1970 Sterling Hall bombing, had unknowingly crossed paths with Burt in his younger days,” the website continues.

“We are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement at this time, but I can tell you that an experienced, accomplished investigative journalist based in Ontario has assembled a compelling case regarding Leo Burt and what happened after he escaped to Canada in August 1970,” said Bryan Davies, Publisher of Tagona Press, in an email to Heavy.

“We are working with the journalist to publish his book detailing the entire Burt investigation. I will be pleased to share more details with you as I am permitted to reveal them. I know this story remains an intensely interesting one for the public at large.”

The two had worked together briefly, forming a professional acquaintance without the journalist ever suspecting Burt’s true identity. It wasn’t until 30 years later, while watching an episode of ‘America’s Most Wanted,’ that the journalist recognized Burt and was shocked to learn of his fugitive status. This delayed realization sparked a deep sense of personal connection to the case, fueling the journalist’s determination to uncover Burt’s whereabouts,” it says.

“This revelation not only resolves a long-standing fugitive case but also reopens chapters of American history, reminding us of a turbulent time of political activism and the lengths to which some individuals went to protest government actions,” the website says.

“The capture of Leo Burt will close a significant chapter in the FBI’s history of fugitive pursuits, providing a poignant reminder of the persistence of justice, no matter how long it takes.”
View Quote

FBI - Leo Frederick Burt

Just an update!!!

Timestamp:
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
wut?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
wut?
View Quote

Check original thread. I found a student of his and sent the info to the FBI. LEO FREDERICK BURT STERLING HALL BOMBER.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-AP-and-FBI-UPDATE-2-HOURS-AGO-Leo-Frederick-Burt-FBI-Most-Wanted-TEACHING-AT-A-UNIVERSITY-/5-2664941/
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#3]
Leo Frederick Burt is wanted for allegedly participating in the bombing of Sterling Hall, on the campus of the University of Wisconsin, on August 24, 1970. The blast from the explosion, combined with the fire, resulted in the death of a 33-year-old researcher. Additionally, there were several injuries reported and an estimated $6 million damage to the building and its contents. Reportedly, explosives had been placed in a stolen panel truck, located three blocks from the building, just several days before the blast. Also, a light-colored, late-model vehicle (Corvair) was seen leaving the vicinity of the bombing, and Burt was identified as being in the car.

On September 2, 1970, Leo Burt was indicted federally in Madison, Wisconsin. He was charged with sabotage, destruction of government property, and conspiracy.
View Quote

They say he's "armed and dangerous"..
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I swear there were several threads about this a couple of years ago.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: irons04] [#5]
I remember the original thread OP. I’m surprised it didn’t get more traction.

ETA: Focal length explainer for people that will say the ears are different:
How different camera lenses affect how you appear in photos
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Did the FBI ever confirm if that was actually him?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#7]
Yup, they just didn't do shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
TOP. MEN.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By irons04:
I remember the original thread OP. I’m surprised it didn’t get more traction.

ETA: Focal length explainer for people that will say the ears are different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZaAbw0E2A
View Quote

Thank you Irons.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Was he arrested?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
i remember the thread.

sue them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
i remember the thread.

sue them.
View Quote

I wish I could..
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]
The Feebs are too busy going to school board meetings and going after J6ers to bother with an actual terrorist wanted for murder and a bombing.  C'mon, man!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Feebs have more important things to do. Arresting grandmas and ordinary citizens.
Real criminals? Why would they waste their time on that?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Would be a shame if someone blew up his house with him in it.

Years ago I worked with a tech who was on a government watch list because he was a member of earth first.  He wasn’t into the violence but didn’t like the idea of forest being cut down or something.  Anyhow; he had some wacky stories about the feds planting bombs in cars of these people and then taking them down so they could pull out the device in front of crowds.  He wasn’t crazy, but he did wear a tinfoil hat.  I’m wondering if the fbi is now all about planting bombs in the cars of maga types and moving these types into government jobs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By d16man:
If the FBI leaves him alone they don't have to pay a reward....

View Quote

Yeah, I figured that out like 8-9 months ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#19]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Feebs have more important things to do. Arresting grandmas and ordinary citizens.
Real criminals? Why would they waste their time on that?
View Quote

Exactly.. never again will I locate someone posting information and photographs of any top 10 most wanted terrorist's.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#20]
The project quoted a man named Troy Reeves, who runs the oral history program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s archives.

The article noted that Reeves “was manning a table for the 40th history of the Sterling Hall bombing when a man walked up, looking like ‘he had come right out of the ’60s’ or a ‘Grateful Dead’ concert.”

In December 2023 August 4th 2023? (with a timestamp, and huge thread on ARF-- I guess we are all "students"), a group of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee journalism students published a major project on Leo Burt and the Sterling Hall bombing for the journalism program’s website, Media Milwaukee.

He…put his hand on the table and leaned in and said: ‘Leo Burt’s alive and knows what you’re doing. Leo Burt’s alive and loves what you’re doing,’” Reeves told the journalism student.

“The only thing I remember about that person for sure is that he looked like he was male or that he identifies as a male, so that’s how I saw him, and he had a tie dye shirt on,” Reeves told the students, saying he did not get the man’s name.

The student journalists also spoke to Leo Burt’s brother, Donald Burt, who lives in Pennsylvania, where Leo Burt was from. “He’s been out of our lives for 53 years. He did it, and that’s the last we’ve heard of him,” Donald Burt told Media Milwaukee. “The story is ancient history. As far as the FBI knows, they think he’s dead.”

Richard Colagiacomo, a former high-school classmate of Burt’s, told Media Milwaukee that people who grew up with Burt in Havertown, Pennsylvania, think it’s possible that Burt “went to Canada,” saying, “I don’t know. He could be anywhere. He could be walking around amongst us.”
View Quote

More snips from 1/2024: https://heavy.com/news/leo-burt-found-alive/
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Saturday bump
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By super223:
Saturday bump
View Quote

So, you keep repeating the same "alleged" identification. No identification has been done. Supporting articles all link back to the same person. So, you have multiple stories with one source and NO actual evidence it is the same person.

You expect the FBI to go arrest someone that they can't prove is the same person? I am pretty sure the USMS did something like that in AZ recently and it didn't go over so well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:58:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#23]
Are you the FBI?? No offense but you seem like it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:59:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#24]
Who's in the picture? How much evidence do you need? How many rare ear defects does this mystery person have? Stahl's ear.. your looking at the bastard and your in DENIAL. Just like the feds.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#25]
FBI where is my money??!!?!?!?!!?

Did I really need to post this shit??

its bad form t post private IM's from other members....tbs

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Obsession isn't healthy. You do you though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#27]
denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#28]
FBI Agent Robin Schwartz (Los Angeles) told me in 2015 (Los Angeles) that MH370 landed on the Northwest corner of North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal. I guess that's more information I'm not privy to?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Did they pay the $150k OP?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#30]
OP is "known to authorities."
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#31]
FBI Agent Robin Schwartz (Los Angeles) told me in 2015 (Los Angeles) that MH370 landed on the Northwest corner of North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal. I guess that's more information I'm not privy to?
View Quote

Well, this certainly clarifies things a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feudist] [#32]
Originally Posted By L_JE:
OP is "known to authorities."
View Quote
In the "Oh fuck, it's him again. You're turn to deal with him!" sense.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Robin died last year.

I don't think she worked those types of cases in 2015.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UV18] [#34]
Who's in the picture? How much evidence do you need? How many rare ear defects does this mystery person have? Stahl's ear.. your looking at the bastard and your in DENIAL. Just like the feds.

https://i.imgur.com/0w27jwE.png
https://i.imgur.com/EdkuFpu.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/AA7PVxU.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/BaSBLA5.png
View Quote

Come on.... we already did this.

Ears are different. Unless he got a tuck/

Pick up a Lexis account and get life history on both.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Robin Schwartz would be a great name for a Mohel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

if this is true they were eaten and the natives then took the aircraft and flew to aspen colorado to go skiing (or something).
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Robin died last year.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:

Robin died last year.

"Those types of cases?"

Commercial airliners landing on small, heavily forested islands inhabited by cannibals?

Or, just missing commercial airliners, in general?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]
This guy was in the SAS?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By L_JE:

"Those types of cases?"

Commercial airliners landing on small, heavily forested islands inhabited by cannibals?

Or, just missing commercial airliners, in general?
View Quote

You are assigned a specific detail and not working every case type. Specialized assignment is normal. The catch all junk or JTTF is where that would have gone, if not a normal accident.

Aircraft accidents have been a specific area for some time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Surely the Bureau has a whole department for clandestine cannibal island shenanigans.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#43]
wow!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jon101:
Surely the Bureau has a whole department for clandestine cannibal island shenanigans.
View Quote

If it wasn't a crash, but, in fact, a hijacking and emergency landing, and emergency landing in a remote corner of an already very small island, I can see how this whole MH370 file could have bounced between the "Airliner Crashes," "Hijackings," and "Cannibal Shenanigans" desks for quite some time.

And, if the "Weird Shit Happening in Aspen" desk isn't also located in Los Angeles ... I think we can safely say why the FBI has yest to figure out this MH370 thing.

Good thing we have web sleuths!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Last year, OP was saying that this guy was teaching at a college in Florida, or something like that.  Not just that, but some other Arfcommer's son was at that same college, maybe in that department, who knows.

Now, this guy is living in Canada?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#46]
The Reddit dude already got paid. Posted screenshot of his 1099
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#47]
I lived a couple of blocks away from Sterling Hall when they blew up the van (I had just gotten back from Vietnam and out of the Army)...a few years later also worked at Fox Lake Correctional ...where Karl Armstrong was imprisoned...With Soglin as Mayor those guys were regarded somewhat as heroes of the 60's...

I was at the scene within 10 min of the blast.

They were all of the same tribe...SDS-Weathermen iirc...I used to know some of them through friends...back then.

They never found Dwight though did they? Heard he met with a foul end up in Canada.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I heard he flipped and went legit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#49]
=) Wrong Robin Schwartz.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By runcible:
This guy was in the SAS?
View Quote

Yup. Commie bomber.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top