Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By seek2:

a-effen'-men.

Since no one else has summarized, including the OP in spite of the request:

Janet Yellen, Biden's Secretary of the Treasury, is asked about the President's plan to preserve
the solvency of social security, and she responds that the President doesn't have a plan but
principles and he wants to work with congress to devise a plan, and then the congressman
asking the question asks how he doesn't have a plan after being in office for three years.

The whole thing feels like rage bait talking point manufacturing.
View Quote

I can read and understand this in a lot less than 3.5 minutes. Google and the shitty content creator get zero.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
1:30 to 2:10 for the salt guys.

The rest is jib jab.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

lol

That's not how democrazy works.  
View Quote

I know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By switchtanks:

Facepalm.

In order to grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence you sort of have to witness the act.

It’s about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can’t even pay attention for three minutes
View Quote

Problem is, from your post, we don't know if it's 3 minutes or 3 hours. Yeah, we can just click away, but we have to get into it first.

It's just a courtesy to give a quick summary, and if it's a long video, point out the timestamp of where the good action is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Biden has NO PLAN to fix social security.
View Quote

Apparently, neither does Congress.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#8]
Did the room actually go silent?

ETA banning is a bit much but temp locks for clickbait shit, say 12 hours even, might really improve things around here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Her brain has achieved biden levels.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
Summary?
View Quote

guy who puts up click bait titles on youtube to try and cash in rambles on about yellen telling cassidy pedo joe has no plans but he does have principles and wants to work with congress.
Cassidy responds that pedo joe hasn't worked with congress in the three years since he stole the election.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:
YouTube videos posted without a synopsis of any sort should result in an account ban.
View Quote

I support this. I despise clickbait.

I’ll watch quality educational videos that are hours long. I will not even click to start clickbait crap. Ban the OP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
They have a plan.  Monetization leading to death of the Federal Reserve Note & then CBDC.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

How? He's been in government longer than I have been alive?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Pretty much.

EVERYONE's "plan" for social security is to kick the can down the road until it's someone else's problem.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:
So the video had nothing of substance and told us nothing that anyone with a brain didn't already know. Sounds about right.

Pretty much.

EVERYONE's "plan" for social security is to kick the can down the road until it's someone else's problem.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:51:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Appears I overestimated the ability of some folks here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Facepalm.

In order to grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence you sort of have to witness the act.

It’s about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can’t even pay attention for three minutes

No. You put zero effort into the post. You post an article and walk away.

I'm not giving you 3.5 minutes, without a reason why.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:34:25 AM EDT
[#16]
YouTube videos posted without a synopsis of any sort should result in an account ban.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Lord, yes. I hate it when someone posts "watch this!" and just a link.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
You're right, here's my response video, please watch the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpWX18dby4
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Facepalm.

View Quote

Three and a half minutes that could be summed up in 1 minute of your typing and 30 seconds of our reading.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#21]

a-effen'-men.

Janet Yellen, Biden's Secretary of the Treasury, is asked about the President's plan to preserve
the solvency of social security, and she responds that the President doesn't have a plan but
principles and he wants to work with congress to devise a plan, and then the congressman
asking the question asks how he doesn't have a plan after being in office for three years.

View All Quotes

a-effen'-men.

So nothing new.

Well then, I MUST watch this video now so I can be outraged!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#22]
They have a plan, but timing is everything.

- Universal Basic Income linked to your digital ID and social credit score.
- Digital currency linked to your digital ID and social credit score.
- And overseeing the digital currency and digital ID will be an AI controlled Social Credit Scoring platform designed to monitor, control and reward supporters, while penalizing non-supporters and ultimately removing them from participating in the new economy.

While Republicans are trying to save SS and function within the historical economy, the powers and principalities behind the curtain have already moved on to this more enlightened and equitable stakeholder-based plan.    

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
That's a shame.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Found a rebuttal to OP's post.

Starts at a minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
View Quote

Where did you find that video? It’s truly life changing! Thank you, I’d forgotten the genius that was Garfield.

OP should have just posted what Yellen said: ‘We don’t have a plan for SSI, we just have feelz.’

Then, OP would have been reamed by many of the same posters because he didn’t provide proof.

GD truly is a microcosm of modern society.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Lawless_Flogic:

Especially with the obvious mouth-breater-bait title/thumbnail.

OMGee! No one expected what would happen next!
View All Quotes

My favorite: "Jaw dropping!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
You're right, here's my response video, please watch the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpWX18dby4
View Quote
Your post/video title had a much better synopsis then OP's.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Facepalm.

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

Fuck that clickbait faggotry. Post a damn synopsis, nobody wants to listen to some dumbass mouthbreather spend 10 minutes gushing about a 3 minute clip. Everyone is sick of the clickbait shit, that fad needs to die in a fire.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Facepalm.

View Quote

These YouTube people spend far too much time yapping and not getting to the point.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
BS.

It's CONGRESS' job to LEGISLATE. Don't put this on pudding-brain. YOU write the bills, you self-righteous, prattling, grandstanding twatwaffle. CONGRESS has the constitutional RESPONSIBILITY to write the laws that organize our government. Only CONGRESS can fix Social Security, Medicare, the debt, and everything else. Blaming other people for not doing YOUR job is not only hypocritical and disingenuous, it is a slap in the face to every constituent that votes and pays taxes.

A big part of why our entire system is so completely messed up is that the executive branch does it all, and Congress merely pontificates. This is entirely backwards. Some of it is because Presidents have gathered power for themselves, but part of it is because Congress has delegated writing of "regulations" to the executive branch instead of DOING THEIR JOB and spelling out what may and may not be done in service of the law.

Fuck Congress for failing to exercise their constitutional powers and duties. DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS!
View Quote

If they could find a way to skim Social Security inflow or outflow (or both), it would have been done yesterday. Congress/WH/DC doesn’t do ANYTHING that doesn’t benefit them in some fashion.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Baddy:

Yup. All so I can "grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence." Nothing to do with driving clicks to someones monetized YT channel?

I've got a pretty good handle on how incompetent this admin is, I don't need amateur YouTube pundit #8769 telling me what I already know.
View Quote

This.  Get a real job and stop trying to make passive youtube income.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Biden administration: The stupid leading the incompetent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Selling more of the petroleum reserves isn't the plan?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Facepalm.

It's about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can't even pay attention for three minutes
View Quote
We are fucked because people can't communicate a simple summary nor do they respect other people's time.

You are LITERALLY wasting dozens of hours of productive time when you can't be arsed to put a simple summary and let people decide, or skip the bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Was Trump’s spending any better? When was the last president in power who didn’t have money machine go brRrR on either side? It’s a Uniparty death spiral spend party.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:56:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#35]
View All Quotes

Agree.

Because there is no reasonable way to fix S/S w/o upsetting the people on S/S or people who have been paying into it. It’s akin to financial cancer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
Originally Posted By Baddy:

Yup. All so I can "grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence." Nothing to do with driving clicks to someones monetized YT channel?

I've got a pretty good handle on how incompetent this admin is, I don't need amateur YouTube pundit #8769 telling me what I already know.

My wife is an 8th and 9th grade science teacher.  All the kids nowadays say that they don't need school.  They are just going to become rich on YouTube.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top