Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2024 4:09:30 PM EDT
The room went SILENT after she said this lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Summary?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
YouTube videos posted without a synopsis of any sort should result in an account ban.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:
YouTube videos posted without a synopsis of any sort should result in an account ban.
View Quote

Especially with the obvious mouth-breater-bait title/thumbnail.

OMGee! No one expected what would happen next!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lawless_Flogic:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Facepalm.

In order to grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence you sort of have to witness the act.

It’s about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can’t even pay attention for three minutes
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
Summary?
View Quote

Bloated, useless government.  very aggravating clip.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By switchtanks:

Facepalm.

In order to grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence you sort of have to witness the act.

It's about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can't even pay attention for three minutes
View Quote
With the amount of clickbait garbage out there, I won't give you 30 seconds so I sure ain't giving you 3 and a half minutes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking 2012'ers.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Facepalm.

It’s about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can’t even pay attention for three minutes
View All Quotes

Facepalm.

It's nice and short and incredibly important? Excellent - you should be able to quickly give a summary then.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Facepalm.

View Quote

No. You put zero effort into the post. You post an article and walk away.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
With the amount of clickbait garbage out there, I won't give you 30 seconds so I sure ain't giving you 3 and a half minutes.
View All Quotes

Facepalm.

It's about 3.5 minutes until the unveil is discovered. No wonder we fucked. Can't even pay attention for three minutes

I'm with the 13'r.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

Appears I overestimated the ability of some folks here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

"Everyone else is wrong and dumber than I am. Why can't they see this?"

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Baddy] [#14]
View All Quotes

Facepalm.

Yup. All so I can "grasp the magnitude of the current administrations incompetence." Nothing to do with driving clicks to someones monetized YT channel?

I've got a pretty good handle on how incompetent this admin is, I don't need amateur YouTube pundit #8769 telling me what I already know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

You played yourself, good job.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Facepalm.

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

Is it any better than the 40 minute video of an AZ Rep preaching fiscal responsibility and outlining the debt crisis?

I was in that thread. I watched that video.

Your thread is bad, your post is bad and you should feel bad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#17]
ban OP please
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

Pity.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

True.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

Heres the thing. What you posted is in the same vein as all the other youtube "personalities" are pushing out these days. There is 1.5 minutes of him telling you what you are gonna see that is complete dreck and worth none of my time. I dont want this blowhard telling me (or worse, the guys who post the AI reading text videos) over and over again what I am about to see. Give me a 10 to 15 second overview and then give me the info.

I dont need:

11 seconds of title intro and then telling me what the title just said
1:17 seconds of random similes and playing the thesaurus game before telling us "theres a lot to get into"

I work and solve problems for a living. It is my job to find information and parse it to solve problems. If I were to start listening to this video, I would not continue past about 15 seconds when I can tell that this will be more talking and commentary rather than information. If it really matters to me Ill look up the info somewhere else.

OK, maybe this is a good clip. But it is presented in the same manner as all the other garbage out there.  I dont know you from Adam. If you think this is important, tell me why. Otherwise I will give it and you no thought.  In a world of garbage in / garbage out, you cannot fault people for having a pretty low rejection filter for crap presentations.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Facepalm.

View Quote

" />
Please do no make excuses for your failures.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Subbed for when someone summarizes the video eventually

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Biden has NO PLAN to fix social security.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Eight minutes when 45 seconds would do.
Most of these folks just want to hear themselves talk.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
You're right, here's my response video, please watch the entire thing.

Open Ocean: 10 Hours of Relaxing Oceanscapes | BBC Earth

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

a-effen'-men.

Since no one else has summarized, including the OP in spite of the request:

Janet Yellen, Biden's Secretary of the Treasury, is asked about the President's plan to preserve
the solvency of social security, and she responds that the President doesn't have a plan but
principles and he wants to work with congress to devise a plan, and then the congressman
asking the question asks how he doesn't have a plan after being in office for three years.

The whole thing feels like rage bait talking point manufacturing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#27]
I sort of agree with the general consensus.  I do not mind watching a clip though to see what it's about, but for god's sake please make it a good clip.  The OP posted something with some tard whining on with his pedestrian commentary over it all and its not digestible.  Fund some janet yellen testimony and post that.  Give a little effort, man
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By seek2:

a-effen'-men.

Janet Yellen, Biden's Secretary of the Treasury, is asked about the President's plan to preserve
the solvency of social security, and she responds that the President doesn't have a plan but
principles and he wants to work with congress to devise a plan, and then the congressman
asking the question asks how he doesn't have a plan after being in office for three years.

View All Quotes

a-effen'-men.

So the video had nothing of substance and told us nothing that anyone with a brain didn't already know. Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
There is maybe 2 minutes of actual content and 6 minutes of subscribe to my page.

But again context is everything.

You'd have to be a dumbass if you think any President/Senator or Representative actual spends the way that you and I do.

Our entire financial system is a facade and no doubt, the huge majority on this very forum will be left holding the bag when it finally collapses.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Fuchi:
There is maybe 2 minutes of actual content and 6 minutes of subscribe to my page.

But again context is everything.

You'd have to be a dumbass if you think any President/Senator or Representative actual spends the way that you and I do.

Our entire financial system is a facade and no doubt, the huge majority on this very forum will be left holding the bag when it finally collapses.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolomite] [#32]
View Quote

I appreciate you watching the video and cranking out a summary - but now the line breaks in your post are giving me the vapors.

ETA:  ya know what - it looks fine in chrome, but jaggy in my duckduckgo browser. Sorry, it's me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apierce918] [#33]
Summary:

congressman asks Secretary of treasury if anyone has done the math.

Secretary says Biden admin doesn’t have a plan and is just going by principles.

So no, they did not do math.

ETA:
I didn’t read the whole thread
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Riddle & Phelps Eefing & Hambone - Ten Hours
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Summary

Rich politicians don't care about you, like to spend your money on buying votes, will lie to get your vote, and are complete idiots.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

no

we like good content

just not drive-by youtube drops without a brief summary.  the struggle against click-bait is real.  

do you not love us that much ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#37]
View Quote

This.

YouTube is such garbage collectively, that any post containing a YouTube link will need a concise and convincing summary posted with it for me to bother with it. All YouTube videos can and should be assumed that be sensationalist clickbait garbage, and the burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
Summary?
View Quote

Fjb has no plan...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:17:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#39]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Pretty much.

EVERYONE's "plan" for social security is to kick the can down the road until it's someone else's problem.  

View Quote

Phase out social security. Your benefits are reduced based on how young you are. Up the retirement age, and offer a hybrid ira that is deducted from your taxes but grows tax free to compensate the folks who won't get a payout.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Also OP I'm at work. If you want me to watch your video with no context I can send you a bill.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Facepalm.

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

I get paid quite well to sit around and read ArfRage bait.   But still there are only so many minutes in a day.    3.5 minutes x 100 pretty soon the whole day is gone gone gone….   Shit I just wasted 3 minutes replying.    WTF?   God Damn.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#43]
This is the “email for pics” of threads
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JHMC79:

https://img.ifunny.co/images/51394916ceb1bc8f3337965eab0f789ae68ba97280690c64ea6014096aaba2b4_1.jpg

Lolz.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Found a rebuttal to OP's post.

Starts at a minute in.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#47]
BS.

It's CONGRESS' job to LEGISLATE. Don't put this on pudding-brain. YOU write the bills, you self-righteous, prattling, grandstanding twatwaffle. CONGRESS has the constitutional RESPONSIBILITY to write the laws that organize our government. Only CONGRESS can fix Social Security, Medicare, the debt, and everything else. Blaming other people for not doing YOUR job is not only hypocritical and disingenuous, it is a slap in the face to every constituent that votes and pays taxes.

A big part of why our entire system is so completely messed up is that the executive branch does it all, and Congress merely pontificates. This is entirely backwards. Some of it is because Presidents have gathered power for themselves, but part of it is because Congress has delegated writing of "regulations" to the executive branch instead of DOING THEIR JOB and spelling out what may and may not be done in service of the law.

Fuck Congress for failing to exercise their constitutional powers and duties. DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
This.

YouTube is such garbage collectively, that any post containing a YouTube link will need a concise and convincing summary posted with it for me to bother with it. All YouTube videos can and should be assumed that be sensationalist clickbait garbage, and the burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise.
View Quote

Can we get it in the CoC that YouTube videos MUST have summary descriptions unless they are music or movie clips?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Facepalm.

View All Quotes

Facepalm.

If you want to reach the largest audience, you post a synopsis of what the video entails.  And you also post the video.

There are those that will read your summary and not watch the video, and there are those that will do both.  You have reached the largest possible audience available.

Of couse this is GD, there are people that will not read the original post and just the thread title and post whatever they want.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top