Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 7/4/2023 1:02:30 AM EDT
Hello question for those that are far more experienced than I .
Fairly new to diving and I have an aqualung regulator with a Din primary 1st stage.
We are going to go diving at where my friend has told me that all the tanks are set up for Yoke primary 1st stage.
I’m not sure if these tanks will have the removable valve to convert from Yoke to Din in them or not.
Are there many differences in the Din to Yoke adapters that are Amazon?
The price seems all over the place from $40-$200
The shop is out of the Aqualung brand ones and will not get more in before we leave?
I would greatly appreciate any input from y’all
Thanks Eric
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:04:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#1]
Originally Posted By EGREGORY:
Hello question for those that are far more experienced than I .
Fairly new to diving and I have an aqualung regulator with a Din primary 1st stage.
We are going to go diving at where my friend has told me that all the tanks are set up for Yoke primary 1st stage.
I’m not sure if these tanks will have the removable valve to convert from Yoke to Din in them or not.
Are there many differences in the Din to Yoke adapters that are Amazon?
The price seems all over the place from $40-$200
The shop is out of the Aqualung brand ones and will not get more in before we leave?
I would greatly appreciate any input from y’all
Thanks Eric
View Quote

Where are you going diving?

It’s not a removable valve you were talking about. It’s a round insert that allows DIN valves to be used with yoke, as well. The insert makes them yoke.  

Here is an adapter. DGX is a good source for dive gear.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-din-to-yoke-spin-on-adapter
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, we’re going to Jarkarta.
We have done 17 dives around south Florida to 60 feet and am completely hooked on dives now.
Should have gotten certified 20 years ago and stopped playing around with just snorkeling but now my daughter is certified as well and we will be diving every chance we get.
This is what I was looking at, it’s one I can get in time before we head out.
Dawitrly 250-Bar 3500PSI Chrome-Plated Brass DIN Regulator to Yoke Converter First Stage Adapter with Dust Cap for Scuba Diving Tank Regulator Parts https://a.co/d/1bgZUZt
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:19:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thank you, we’re going to Jarkarta.
We have done 17 dives around south Florida to 60 feet and am completely hooked on dives now.
Should have gotten certified 20 years ago and stopped playing around with just snorkeling but now my daughter is certified as well and we will be diving every chance we get.
This is what I was looking at, it’s one I can get in time before we head out.
Dawitrly 250-Bar 3500PSI Chrome-Plated Brass DIN Regulator to Yoke Converter First Stage Adapter with Dust Cap for Scuba Diving Tank Regulator Parts https://a.co/d/1bgZUZt
View Quote

Your link didn’t work. Assume you wanted Amazon for ease of shopping and Prime. When do you leave? Have fun!

I’d do this XS Scuba one. Good brand.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NX8UIY?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Apparently I’m not smarter than Amazon, I can not see where to copy a dang link.?
Also new to iPhone due to daughter and from having every other  Galaxy from s2 to s20 this iPhone is WAY different.
Give me a min please
I’m not going to let this phone whip me lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently I’m not smarter than Amazon, I can not see where to copy a dang link.?
Also new to iPhone due to daughter and from having every other  Galaxy from s2 to s20 this iPhone is WAY different.
Give me a min please
I’m not going to let this phone whip me lol
View Quote

You need to copy the link from your browser, not the Amazon app. That’s what I did.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, ordered two of the XS models.
From your first link I read the tip about not leaving the extra dust cap on causing the lock up. I would have bought the first one I tried to link because of the dust cap and possibly caused future problems! Good call
We leave Sunday and are so excited.
Will post pictures for sure.
Thank you again for the advice
Eric
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:50:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#7]
Thank you, ordered two of the XS models.
From your first link I read the tip about not leaving the extra dust cap on causing the lock up. I would have bought the first one I tried to link because of the dust cap and possibly caused future problems! Good call
We leave Sunday and are so excited.
Will post pictures for sure.
Thank you again for the advice
Eric
View Quote

You’re welcome. Looking forward to your photos and hearing how trip is.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top