Posted: 1/24/2024 4:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaizkaeta]
Clip from YT.
Professor of Religion Gives Her Take on the UFO Phenomenon

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a good watch. Thanks. I'm going to have to watch the entire episode soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
OST for after work!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Time to fire up spotify.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
An hour and 10 min in. Enjoying it so far. Starting the DMT/pineal gland convo now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Bout a half hour in now… Joe needs to let her talk but maybe he needs to draw it out of her. Strange start to this one but he’s had podcasts where they started while talking before the intro.

Intrigued by the premise of her book. I have to look it up and see if it’s fiction or non.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macman37:
Bout a half hour in now… Joe needs to let her talk but maybe he needs to draw it out of her. Strange start to this one but he’s had podcasts where they started while talking before the intro.

Intrigued by the premise of her book. I have to look it up and see if it’s fiction or non.
View Quote

Rogan often does that with female guests. Won’t let them get a word in while he runs with the same half dozen topics he always beats to death.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#8]
pasulka is one of my current faves

she knows how to tell a story.  havent actually read her book, just listended to most of her current podcasts.  super interestin!
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Rogan often does that with female guests. Won’t let them get a word in while he runs with the same half dozen topics he always beats to death.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

(I’m about an hour in now) In this case I don’t know if it’s just a Rogan -vs- Women thing right now. I think he was trying to get her out of her shell and comfortable in the role of the interviewee. She’s an academic and her thoughts came across a little jumbled, but he got her on track and she’s dropped some really interesting stuff now.

I do think the timing is interesting and …convenient… for her interview and rise to prominence. Going off a timeline starting with the Grusch testimony last Summer, we were promised huge upheaval with Disclosure. “Ontological shock” was the term being bandied about. Move down the timelines a little further and we have more interesting and different discussions taking place. Threats of “catastrophic disclosure” as the discussion lagged.

And now, Diana Pasulka comes on and she’s dropping stuff that I’m interpreting as portending to the ontological shock. It’s more than a little convenient that she’s a religious scholar and dropping the next level of bombshell with regards the UAP/Alien phenomenon.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It was interesting when she seemed to indicate that not only is there evidence of crashes and/or non terrestrial artifacts here on Earth, but elsewhere too.

Moon? Orbit above Earth?  Mars?  Orbit around sun?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:
It was interesting when she seemed to indicate that not only is there evidence of crashes and/or non terrestrial artifacts here on Earth, but elsewhere too.

View Quote

before that she called the crashes "donations" not necessarily crashes?! thats flippin wild!  or the secret space program group calld em donations... interesting
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:

before that she called the crashes "donations" not necessarily crashes?! thats flippin wild!  or the secret space program group calld em donations... interesting
View All Quotes

The secret college guys like Tim Taylor consider them donations. Vallee says so also.  They laugh at the idea that they would accidentally crash right outside of Trinity test sight. They feel like they are some kind of bread crumb trail to new tech or understanding but they claim they don't explicitly know the deeper motivation behind the practice.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
This is one of the more strange JRE podcasts I can recall. Once she gets going it’s fascinating. I ordered her book and will read it soon.

Still question the timing. It’s coordinated. The gov acts like they’re fighting it tooth and nail but I think that’s BS.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Finished it. She had a “I can’t say this” moment, and the “recovered from space” thing was something Joe blew past was interesting.

I’d like to hear her in a more structured interview, maybe Coulthard.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Finished it. She had a “I can’t say this” moment, and the “recovered from space” thing was something Joe blew past was interesting.

View Quote

I was the same and looked for interviews of her after. I'm trying to remember one that I thought was good and what you are looking for. I think it may have been Theories of Everything podcast.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#16]

(I’m about an hour in now) In this case I don’t know if it’s just a Rogan -vs- Women thing right now. I think he was trying to get her out of her shell and comfortable in the role of the interviewee. She’s an academic and her thoughts came across a little jumbled, but he got her on track and she’s dropped some really interesting stuff now.

I do think the timing is interesting and …convenient… for her interview and rise to prominence. Going off a timeline starting with the Grusch testimony last Summer, we were promised huge upheaval with Disclosure. “Ontological shock” was the term being bandied about. Move down the timelines a little further and we have more interesting and different discussions taking place. Threats of “catastrophic disclosure” as the discussion lagged.

And now, Diana Pasulka comes on and she’s dropping stuff that I’m interpreting as portending to the ontological shock. It’s more than a little convenient that she’s a religious scholar and dropping the next level of bombshell with regards the UAP/Alien phenomenon.
View Quote

I was thinking similar thoughts about her rise to prominence and the timing but after reading her book and listening to her on podcasts I think I understand why.

She is a brilliant intellectual and biblical scholar with an inquisitive mind.  She looks at modern UAP phenomenon, sees historical parallels, asks questions and authors writings on it.   As a result, she came to the attention of people like Jacque Valle, Gary Nolan, Tim Taylor, etc., because they have been asking some of the same questions, and share her suspicions about what a big part of the Phenomenon might actually represent.

Valle wrote about much of this decades ago. So, I don't see anything suspicious about her rise in prominence.  I see it as researchers who share common interests and views seeking each other out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:58:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#17]

I was thinking similar thoughts about her rise to prominence and the timing but after reading her book and listening to her on podcasts I think I understand why.

She is a brilliant intellectual and biblical scholar with an inquisitive mind.  She looks at modern UAP phenomenon, sees historical parallels, asks questions and authors writings on it.   As a result, she came to the attention of people like Jacque Valle, Gary Nolan, Tim Taylor, etc., because they have been asking some of the same questions, and share her suspicions about what a big part of the Phenomenon might actually represent.

Valle wrote about much of this decades ago. So, I don't see anything suspicious about her rise in prominence.  I see it as researchers who share common interests and views seeking each other out.
View All Quotes

I see what you’re saying and agree. She did this writing over a decade ago (at least for the first book)… it’s that she’s back to the forefront at a very interesting (convenient) time that prompted me to say that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm 50 minutes in and I'm ready to bail, this is not a good interview.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#19]

she knows how to tell a story.  havent actually read her book, just listended to most of her current podcasts.  super interestin!
View Quote

Her speech pattern and voice is mesmerizing, plus her knowledge and experience of this subject and overall of Christianity.   Could listen to her all day I think.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 5:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TLD05] [#20]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Her speech pattern and voice is mesmerizing, plus her knowledge and experience of this subject and overall of Christianity.   Could listen to her all day I think.
View All Quotes

Yes but she is increasingly guarded about what she's willing to say because of external pressures like worrying about offending sources and being ridiculed for lines of reasoning that still haven't become mainstream enough to expouse.

It's frustrating sometimes listening to her try and walk a tightrope with her words and struggling to get around all of the minefields. I wish she would just bombs away and let fly exactly what she knows, thinks and has been told.

She was careful to say in the interview that she has only written and talks about what others have told her, she writes it, sends it to them and asks for edits and only then will publish it. That sounds like a noble way to go about it but it's not paying respect to the truth as much as ego.

She is at odds with the Bledsoes from what I have gleaned over Chris writing or releasing info that she was interested in purchasing some kind of physical material from him and he didn't check with her first about publication of the information.

It's my opinion that she and obviously others in the same circles she runs are mostly interested in collection of materials and information for personal gain more than getting to and disseminating as much of ground truth as possible.

I do believe the entire motive for this latest push for the truth is to dislodge information and tech that has been stovepiped by extreme secrecy for the benefit of those that can shake the coconuts out of the tree.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

She narrates her audible books and that makes them even more memorable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I was the same and looked for interviews of her after. I'm trying to remember one that I thought was good and what you are looking for. I think it may have been Theories of Everything podcast.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

theres a real interesting one where she is talkoing with another theologian instead of just a podcast scrub.... its in the apple podcast app...

ya te part wheere she says retreivels off planet was wild!
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
As in finding crashed UFOs on mars or the moon?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#25]

theres a real interesting one where she is talkoing with another theologian instead of just a podcast scrub.... its in the apple podcast app...

View Quote

It may not be the one you are talking about but Theories of Everything is hosted by a very clinical guy. It's not a goofy podcast. He makes Eric Weinstein seem like the life of the party. She was good on it and he's done some good ones with Ross Couthart and others.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have any links to better interviews with her?   I like what she has to say but did not enjoy this one with jr
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Perhaps something in orbit too?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
Does anyone have any links to better interviews with her?   I like what she has to say but did not enjoy this one with jr
View Quote

A Scholar's Deep Dive Into UFOs & Religion | Diana Pasulka

TOE interviews are usually great.

Diana Walsh Pasulka: Aliens, Technology, Religion & the Nature of Belief | Lex Fridman Podcast #149

Lex is great too.

Top Aerospace Scientists Suspect UFOs are Biblical Time Machines | Diana Walsh Pasulka
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Thanks man, I found the first video earlier today snd listened to about half before getting caught up in work stuff
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks man, I found the first video earlier today snd listened to about half before getting caught up in work stuff
View All Quotes

Welcome.

Curt and Lex are two of the better long form interviewers around.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Utahshooting] [#31]
View Quote

That Danny Jones interview was fascinating. Well worth the watch. Thanks for posting.

At 5:30, she explains how she became interested in UAP's. Essentially, she had just finished writing a book about purgatory in the Catholic beliefs. As part of her research, she had amassed a lot of accounts of flying objects, even flying houses and was curious as to what the observers had seen. She showed the reports to a colleague who said, "those sound like UFO''s".  She laughed it off but, being a researcher, decided to attend a UFO conference with Experiencers.  

After listening to their stories, she was struck how their observations matched very closely to ancient texts.  

Like I said, fascinating.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#32]

That Danny Jones interview was fascinating. Well worth the watch. Thanks for posting.

At 5:30, she explains how she became interested in UAP's. Essentially, she had just finished writing a book about purgatory in the Catholic beliefs. As part of her research, she had amassed a lot of accounts of flying objects, even flying houses and was curious as to what the observers had seen. She showed the reports to a colleague who said, "those sound like UFO''s".  She laughed it off but, being a researcher, decided to attend a UFO conference with Experiencers.  

After listening to their stories, she was struck how their observations matched very closely to ancient texts.  

View All Quotes

Her story about the astral projecting nun was quite interesting.  Traveling to the new world from Europe each night to work. The other nuns saw the angel help her too. Quite interesting.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]
finally got her books.  its ok, i much prefer listening to the interviews though.  not sure why? i read slow so the info comes slow??
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#34]
finally got her books.  its ok, i much prefer listening to the interviews though.  not sure why? i read slow so the info comes slow??
View Quote
She's an academic.  Her books are written at a higher level than most people, myself included, are used to reading.  Try reading some Jacques Vallee.  Brilliant guy who has changed the way people think about UFO's, but he writes at such a high level that it's a chore to even read.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

It may help that she has a very pleasant, buttery voice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

And that she's quite a hottie!  

It's not that apparent on the JRE episode, but in a lot of other interviews....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Just started her book American Cosmic today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Just started her book American Cosmic today.
View Quote

I did the audiobook version since she narrates it too.  Great book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top