Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I maxed out some characters during the first beta

I liked it
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up on the series and look forward to this one.

I still remember playing bootleg copies of the first one at my school with friends on the network.

I am bummed that you have to be online all the time, especially for my friends that have terrible Internet access.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MauserMark:
Just pre-order it on the Xbox store I would imagine.

Assuming like you said you're playing it on console only.
View Quote

I've been playing it on the X-box. It runs okay, controls are fairly intuitive.

I will say I haven't really gotten much of the multi-player aspect. I feel like I've done everything completely solo outside of the some of the group events you can just walk up to (killing the big boss)

Will be interested to see what the multiplayer communication is like. Especially around PVP and larger "raids"
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Does anything transfer over from diablo 3?

I am almost done with that campaign.
View Quote

Nothing transfers over to my knowledge
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
New PC - Check
Preorder - Check
Schedule week of vacation - Check
Stock up on food and energy drinks - Check

I'm ready.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#14]
In for 2023 game of the year
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:40:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:45:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been playing a lot of d2r. I never got into 3, it felt too different. 4 looks like 3 a bit. I might give it a shot. Is there any way to play a demo like in the good ole days of gaming
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:
I've been playing a lot of d2r. I never got into 3, it felt too different. 4 looks like 3 a bit. I might give it a shot. Is there any way to play a demo like in the good ole days of gaming
View Quote

You had two chances to play open beta. Last one was this past weekend.

Overall I think they did/are doing very well with the what I have seen and played. They are actually listening to feedback and making changes.  I’ll be playing early access before the official launch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:44:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#21]

Same. Happy with their responsiveness to the community. Just hope servers are good to go unlike the D3 launch. Dedicating the entire early access weekend to it with friends.
View Quote

I decided not to do it for the extra $30

When it comes to anything that resembles an MMORPG I have to go into it accepting I'm not going to be one of the top players.

If I go into these games with the intent to be competitive, it will end up getting the better of me.

I like having a job, somewhat regular sleep habits, and a relationship with my family
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: big_aug] [#22]

That's optimistic.

and that coming from probably the biggest Diablo fan in this forum.

I wanted IV to go back to 2's darker, harder, more randomized theme. 3 was just a cake walk, even on the higher difficulties. It was clearly aimed at the casuals. But I still sunk 100s of hours into it.

IV feels way more like 3 and I'm sure that's intentional.

Oh well, I will remain cautiously optimisitic.
View Quote

The atmosphere is nothing like 3.  I don't know how anyone could play the betas and think that.  I guess to each their own but they felt nothing alike.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Diablo 1 was the first online game I ever played.  Diablo 2 was a massive step forward and improved the genre in every way.  Diablo 3 was a minor step forward and a step back in some ways.  Diablo 4 feels worse than Diablo 3 or D2R.  Solid pass from me.  I'm not sure how they managed to make the game so bland and boring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm looking forward to couch coop the most.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been getting away from my "usual" kinds of games, and this looks pretty good. I've never played a Diablo game before.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:26:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jatobi] [#27]
Is it available for pre order for a disc? Or is it digital only?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

PC?  Digital only.  Not sure how consoles work.

Originally Posted By big_aug:

The atmosphere is nothing like 3.  I don't know how anyone could play the betas and think that.  I guess to each their own but they felt nothing alike.

I think he meant, it feels a lot like Diablo 3, as in its catering to casual players than more hardcore players.  The game is much easier than 1 or 2. Diablo 3 was a cake walk, even on the highest difficulty setting. During the beta on the highest difficulty, 4 was pretty meh tbh.  I wanted it to be a bit harder on the higher settings.  If casuals want it easier, thats what the difficulty setting is for.

I don't think he meant that the atmosphere was like 3, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: big_aug] [#28]
Originally Posted By jatobi:

I think he meant, it feels a lot like Diablo 3, as in its catering to casual players than more hardcore players.  The game is much easier than 1 or 2. Diablo 3 was a cake walk, even on the highest difficulty setting. During the beta on the highest difficulty, 4 was pretty meh tbh.  I wanted it to be a bit harder on the higher settings.  If casuals want it easier, thats what the difficulty setting is for.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jatobi:

You're comparing act 1 WT2 to entire games.  I've put thousands of hours into this series.  Diablo 2 is not hard.  Not in any way.  It's not even hard in hardcore mode.   D3 WAS very hard at release.  Harder than Diablo 2 by many times over.  People bitched and they changed it.

It's an ARPG and it's Diablo.   It's never going to be challenging in the same way as a game like Dark Souls.  That's not the point.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#29]

You're comparing act 1 WT2 to entire games.  I've put thousands of hours into this series.  Diablo 2 is not hard.  Not in any way.  It's not even hard in hardcore mode.   D3 WAS very hard at release.  Harder than Diablo 2 by many times over.  People bitched and they changed it.

It's an ARPG and it's Diablo.   It's never going to be challenging in the same way as a game like Dark Souls.  That's not the point.
View Quote

Opinions are like assholes, and all that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I think the always online is going to end up pissing off a lot of people
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:30:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#34]
Played the server load wrekend.    Deleted it before even hitting level 20.

Was just a big "meh" to me.    The story does not mean much to me and the game play does not really move me or something feels off.

Member-berries are dead.

I also hate the new Blizzard thatbis a bunch of woke morons that force you to play online.   I made a character and named it "Troonpolice" hoping to get reported and banned.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#35]

for an MMO? Nah.
View Quote

I only care about single player and couch coop.  We'll see how it goes, I'll likely still buy the game but will wait a month to see how the servers do.   But online always is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#37]

It technically is for a game historically with a single-player aspect, however D3 seems to be online only as well (haven't looked in a long time, but just turned off my connection, wouldn't let me move pass the login page). So it's the way Diablo is now.

D4 is also technically a MMO, imagine trying to play WoW as an offline game. It's designed around connecting to a world server.
View Quote

I get it, I honestly do.   But its nice to just sit back and chill without worrying about the servers, which I'm sure are going to be a hot mess.   I was reading that even for local couch coop both players have to wait in the queue before playing, with D3 my wife and I just booted it up and played, no connections no nothing.  

I have nothing against MMOs, I just wish the option was there for single player without having to deal with other people.  I'm hoping the game blows me away though
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#38]
While there is no offline mode, you can certainly do all of the mapped instances alone with no other players present.

When in towns you will see other characters but you can progress through the game without anyone else, like Path of Exile.

So what's the big deal about that?

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:

I only care about single player and couch coop.  We'll see how it goes, I'll likely still buy the game but will wait a month to see how the servers do.   But online always is fucking stupid.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I played D3 as a single player on switch.
I was so powerful at the end, nothing could even come close to killing me.  It was comical.
But I was just on the normal level.
I bought the physical game with a expansion.  By the end I was just tired of the same hack and slash and bailed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#44]

D3 intentionally wanted to be more forgiving to bring in the casuals. I suspect D4 will be the same even on the hardest difficulties.

View Quote

Yes, D3 was intentionally created for casuals. Hands down, and they even acknowledged the fact.

And they did the same with D4 and stated that it was made to cater towards a more casual experience so that players of all types can enjoy it.

I honestly don't expect D4 to be very hard on max difficulty and world tiers.  Sad, but I honestly don't think it will happen.

I get the need for a casual experience, some people don't have time to pour 10+ hours a week into a game, they have family and work schedules that prevent it.  I totally get that.  But there's ways to allow the casual player to enjoy everything the game has to offer through a difficulty slider. Will they get the absolute best of the best gear?  No, and they never would have regardless, but they can still enjoy the game and get some of the best gear in their tier without very much effort or time sink.

I think the true gamers (lol) that grew up with D1 and D2 and the likes, are at that point in life where we're being fazed out.  Everyone wants instant gratification now instead of working towards it.  IE: P2W shops, cheating, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on. These younger players act like they do in real life, I want it and I want it now, I don't want to wait!

I like hard games, but I don't want the difficulty to just ramp up to an impossible level without mechanics being used and ways to defeat the obstacle at hand. Just blanket adding infinite health pools to mobs and making them hit 1000 times harder while we lose health or deal less damage isn't my idea of being hard.  Yes, it's difficult, but at a point it becomes impossible, and that's not cool. Give us more mobs, harder hitting bosses, more mini-bosses, and different types of mobs that are weak to different elements.  Force us to think about things, change our builds up, or weapons, etc.  Don't just throw us against a meat wall that can't be beat.

Sadly I doubt we will see truly difficult games anymore.  And I don't mean games like Dark Souls/Demon Souls. Those are inherently hard and are more of a mechanics things than actually difficult. Once you memorize the mechanics it becomes stupidly easy. Elden Ring had 3 truly difficult bosses, and one of them were pretty cheesy, as in it killed you for really no reason.

But that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#45]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#49]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 30
Diablo IV (Page 1 of 30)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top