Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 27 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Are we getting 2.1.2 tomorrow (Tues?)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By quick2k3:
View Quote

Yup, game is down :(
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jestertoo:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ancient legendaries!  

They need to patch in some more bank box tabs.  I don't know where Im going to put some of the new loot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Ancient legendaries!  

They need to patch in some more bank box tabs.  I don't know where Im going to put some of the new loot.
View All Quotes

Ancient legendaries!  

No joke, I dread the season end and having to do so much sorting....
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Ancient Legendaries creates the exact same problem that the game had before loot 2.0. Inane grind for item upgrades that... don't really matter. It doesn't solve the problem that each class has one play style for high level play. Playing monk or WD? You're going 0DPS or not being useful. Want to use pets as a WD? Looks like you're not going up in grifts! Want to play a CC wizard? Kind of sucky!

The game still revolves around getting a furnace, getting a certain set of rings, getting your set items for your class, and... that's it. There's no interesting or neat customization of builds that the core of the game was built around (it's the reason we don't have points to spend, remember?), there's no interesting or neat loot, everything revolves around increasing an ever decreasing number of important stats, there's no 'strategy' to the combat like they wanted the game to have... it's a mess of a game.

The game was great for a bit. They were going in the right direction. But, instead of actually giving us more loot, more builds, and more options, they've decided to go with a non-existent endgame that scales with the equipment you may or may not have found.

And seasons are completely not worth my time. The entire thing goes against every core Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 design.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Credge:
Ancient Legendaries creates the exact same problem that the game had before loot 2.0. Inane grind for item upgrades that... don't really matter. It doesn't solve the problem that each class has one play style for high level play. Playing monk or WD? You're going 0DPS or not being useful. Want to use pets as a WD? Looks like you're not going up in grifts! Want to play a CC wizard? Kind of sucky!

The game still revolves around getting a furnace, getting a certain set of rings, getting your set items for your class, and... that's it. There's no interesting or neat customization of builds that the core of the game was built around (it's the reason we don't have points to spend, remember?), there's no interesting or neat loot, everything revolves around increasing an ever decreasing number of important stats, there's no 'strategy' to the combat like they wanted the game to have... it's a mess of a game.

The game was great for a bit. They were going in the right direction. But, instead of actually giving us more loot, more builds, and more options, they've decided to go with a non-existent endgame that scales with the equipment you may or may not have found.
And seasons are completely not worth my time. The entire thing goes against every core Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 design.
View Quote

I tend to agree but the reason I enjoyed seasons was that it gave me a fresh start to try new builds.  With my non-season wizard, I am more or less locked in.  Unless I found a WoW or some other item that facilitates a build, I'm stuck.  With my seasonal guy I was able to do random crap because I didn't have gear anymore.  And I didn't have materials to just re-roll to get "The" build going again.  Unfortunately, I thought the season dragged on two months too long for this to be fun.

The improvement suggestion I saw that was the most interesting was removing the key of trials and simply have a grift key.  You use the key, select the grift level you want and you go.  If you succeed, great.  If you fail, great.  Nothing changed except the stupid event that they have now improved...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]

I have put Diablo III aside...  

I am totally addicted to playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition on the PS3.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Thieded:
I tend to agree but the reason I enjoyed seasons was that it gave me a fresh start to try new builds.  With my non-season wizard, I am more or less locked in.  Unless I found a WoW or some other item that facilitates a build, I'm stuck.  With my seasonal guy I was able to do random crap because I didn't have gear anymore.  And I didn't have materials to just re-roll to get "The" build going again.  Unfortunately, I thought the season dragged on two months too long for this to be fun.

The improvement suggestion I saw that was the most interesting was removing the key of trials and simply have a grift key.  You use the key, select the grift level you want and you go.  If you succeed, great.  If you fail, great.  Nothing changed except the stupid event that they have now improved...
View All Quotes

No doubt that the season lasted way too long. The only way varying builds are going to happen is if seasons are very short. At the end of the day, everyone is going to be going for the sets in the seasons because they are, above and beyond, the absolute best. Why even worry about other items?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I mean, this is one of my chief complaints about D3.

• Active Skills

• Haunt

• Skill Rune - Grasping Spirit

• Has been removed

• Replaced with "Poisoned Spirit"

• Haunted enemies take 20% increased damage from all sources

• Damage type changed from Cold to Poison

That's great that they're reworking some of the bad runes, but this is above and beyond better than everything else that Haunt offers. If I'm taking Haunt, I'm taking this rune. I'm not taking life regen. I'm not taking mana regen. I'm not taking multicast. I'm taking this.

Because, if I'm taking Haunt, I've got class set and I'm going to blow some nerds up. Further, because of how dots work, this is a very big buff to all damage that WD's do. You start it off by casting this on every enemy you can, you toss out a locust swarm, let it spread, and then you blow everything up. Because dots are instanced, you're buffing the 20% of the locust swarm. And then, because you're doing damage from blowing them up, you're also doing 20% extra damage on top of the 20% damage.

And, let's say you're fighting a boss. It's not going to be dead yet. So, you reapply haunt with your increased intelligence, reapply locust swarm, and you have a huge damage buff.

It's cool, and it's neat, but it's literally giving WD's a ~35% buff to a playstyle they're already doing. Even the season legendary weapon rework, Wormwood, plays in to this playstyle. Maybe you can take something other than Locust Swarm on your bar. I'm still doing the exact same thing the exact same way.

It's boring that there are only 6 playstyles in this game.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#10]
the goblin horde was too much, got like 5 legs some got 10 endless other items.  too much to display on screen
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]

• Active Skills
      • Haunt
          • Has been removed

That's great that they're reworking some of the bad runes, but this is above and beyond better than everything else that Haunt offers. If I'm taking Haunt, I'm taking this rune. I'm not taking life regen. I'm not taking mana regen. I'm not taking multicast. I'm taking this.

Because, if I'm taking Haunt, I've got class set and I'm going to blow some nerds up. Further, because of how dots work, this is a very big buff to all damage that WD's do. You start it off by casting this on every enemy you can, you toss out a locust swarm, let it spread, and then you blow everything up. Because dots are instanced, you're buffing the 20% of the locust swarm. And then, because you're doing damage from blowing them up, you're also doing 20% extra damage on top of the 20% damage.
And, let's say you're fighting a boss. It's not going to be dead yet. So, you reapply haunt with your increased intelligence, reapply locust swarm, and you have a huge damage buff.

It's cool, and it's neat, but it's literally giving WD's a ~35% buff to a playstyle they're already doing. Even the season legendary weapon rework, Wormwood, plays in to this playstyle. Maybe you can take something other than Locust Swarm on your bar. I'm still doing the exact same thing the exact same way.

View Quote

To further demonstrate your point:  I hopped on my Barb (runs Raeknor's and IK sets).  They changed Furious Charge to have stacks with one rune - the Raeknor's set changed but kept the "Furious Charge applies every rune" bonus.

Change to play style?  I no longer use Frenzy.  I removed my fury generator and replaced it with a cooldown because instead of spamming FC until I ran out of mobs, I can spam it non-stop.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]

To further demonstrate your point:  I hopped on my Barb (runs Raeknor's and IK sets).  They changed Furious Charge to have stacks with one rune - the Raeknor's set changed but kept the "Furious Charge applies every rune" bonus.

Change to play style?  I no longer use Frenzy.  I removed my fury generator and replaced it with a cooldown because instead of spamming FC until I ran out of mobs, I can spam it non-stop.

View All Quotes

• Active Skills

• Haunt

• Has been removed

Yep. They didn't really think this patch through unless their design philosophy is to make the sets the absolute end game items.

But then, we already have the end game items. To get a 5% improvement on them with ancient legendaries is... stupid.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the thought of using some really fun legendaries.  For a short time I was using the mace that give a chance on hit to summon an ancient.  But again, what made it so fun was having Immortal Kings permanent ancients to go with it....

6 ancients running around killing things for me was fun!

I'm still having fun but I'm with you, Credge.  More build diversity!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
For me, a 0dps wizard playing with a group of damage dealers was very fun. The problem is that there's no reason to choose wizard over monk or wd simply because they excel at that extremely well.

Like, wizard has tons of super good support skills. Why can't they have a good support build? You know?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:03:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog-meat] [#15]
I just play less than optimal builds because they're more fun.

I have a decked out (missing the furnace, 500 paragon and never dropped one ) stampede crusader but it gets boring so I'm doing a Roland's set sweep attack plus bowman (with phalanx shield and double time archers ring).

It's fun, especially in groups, but can't grift anywhere near what the stampede build can do.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By dog-meat:

I have a decked out (missing the furnace, 500 paragon and never dropped one ) stampede crusader but it gets boring so I'm doing a Roland's set sweep attack plus bisman (with phalanx shield and double time archers ring).

It's fun, especially in groups, but can't grift anywhere near what the stampede build can do.

View Quote

Jesus I'm a D3 noob. I have a 70ish paragon Wizard and I think I understand about 10% of the posts in this thread.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys, with the head of the ARFCOM clan being banned its been pretty slow. I left and joined a new clan. If anyone is interested we are really active. Right now there are 22 people on typically its 10-15 on a night. PM me if you are interested in joining that clan and I will get you the details on how to join.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ashraam:

Jesus I'm a D3 noob. I have a 70ish paragon Wizard and I think I understand about 10% of the posts in this thread.  

View All Quotes

I have a decked out (missing the furnace, 500 paragon and never dropped one ) stampede crusader but it gets boring so I'm doing a Roland's set sweep attack plus bisman (with phalanx shield and double time archers ring).

hahaha!   He didn't use abbreviations - that's when it gets really hard.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Yeah, the abbreviations are part of that 90% that I don't usually get.  

It's okay though. I'm just a filthy console peasant playing on my PS4, so I don't think all of the conversations in here apply to me anyway. I haven't played D3 on PC since about 6 months after it came out.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#20]

It's okay though. I'm just a filthy console peasant playing on my PS4, so I don't think all of the conversations in here apply to me anyway. I haven't played D3 on PC since about 6 months after it came out.

View All Quotes

What's a PS4?  

Seriously, this is where I wish we could play co-op between you console peasants and us in the PC master race.    The game is really fun when you're at that stumbling along state and someone comes in and shows you how to blow shit up with the same class.  I love that bit of motivation in the game!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#21]

What's a PS4?  

Seriously, this is where I wish we could play co-op between you console peasants and us in the PC master race.    The game is really fun when you're at that stumbling along state and someone comes in and shows you how to blow shit up with the same class.  I love that bit of motivation in the game!
View Quote

Yeah, I do wish some of my friends played on PS4. I'm having fun with my Wizard but I know I'm barely scratching the surface with him.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I just respec'ed my Demon Hunter and am easily doing 30+ greater rifts now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#23]

I just respec'ed my Demon Hunter and am easily doing 30+ greater rifts now.
View Quote

Nice!

I need to hop on my WD and give it a shot and see if it feels better with the change to haunt.

I also want to try my 0DPS Wizard with a group.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PattyOSullivan:
Hey guys, with the head of the ARFCOM clan being banned its been pretty slow. I left and joined a new clan. If anyone is interested we are really active. Right now there are 22 people on typically its 10-15 on a night. PM me if you are interested in joining that clan and I will get you the details on how to join.
View Quote

What??
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AWDeity:

What??
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PattyOSullivan:

What??

This?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#26]
RabidMonkeyPox was banned for making disparaging comments toward another members family.

You may be able to find the thread in the archives.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I am led to believe Season 1 is ending today...

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Sadly, there's only one character I'm really interested in playing and it's my 0DPS wizard. And, because of the nature of the character, I have to play with others.

So...
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Sadly, there's only one character I'm really interested in playing and it's my 0DPS wizard. And, because of the nature of the character, I have to play with others.

So...
View Quote

I'm hearing you say you want to play with me.    I have a T6/27grift capable barb and I'm on most nights 9:30p CST.  If I am misunderstanding and you don't want to play with me... I'll play with myself!  
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I started playing a few days ago (again) and saw PinePig and Curmudgeon doing T6 rifts. Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I started playing a few days ago (again) and saw PinePig and Curmudgeon doing T6 rifts. Jesus.
View Quote

Pinepig has been very willing to help.  If you see Elpenor on, that's me and I'll try to help boost you if you would like.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd be down for some action sometime this weekend. If anyone wants boosted and I'm on, just let me know.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#33]
When my crappy ISP (Frontier DSL) is working I am more than happy to help out.  D3 alias is Sleepybear.  You can usually find me running rifts with PinePig and Curmudgeon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thieded] [#34]
Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
When my crappy ISP (Frontier DSL) is working I am more than happy to help out.  D3 alias is Sleepybear.  You can usually find me running rifts with PinePig and Curmudgeon.
View Quote

PinePig said I should show you my WW barb...  He thought I had a set that lets me use it all the time - I just spam it for Taeguk's

ETA: I guess I can tip my hand by linking to my profile, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Elpenor-1865/hero/3619199 Catharsis is the barb in question.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#35]

PinePig said I should show you my WW barb...  He thought I had a set that lets me use it all the time - I just spam it for Taeguk's
View All Quotes

PP taught me that trick with my Monk.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#36]
My WD and monk are GRift 30+ capable and my Wiz is Grift40+ groupable, theoretically. I haven't used my monk post patch, but my understanding is that the build I was using is very close to the meta.

I would really prefer to play my wizard in a group. Perma freeze is solid.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#37]
my sader can kill 37 grift with time to spare. I made it to 39 but couldn't kill the RG in time.

condemn just doesn't do single targets fast enough.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I'm going to create a barb for season 2.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I think I'm going to create a barb for season 2.

View Quote

I'll be creating a monk for season 2.  Thanks for sleepybear today for boosting me through some rifts.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be going softcore DH as I have not played one since.... Leveling in RoS.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Hero already made Level 70 in Season 2

Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Hero already made Level 70 in Season 2

Very nice!
View Quote

Damn.

I made it to 31 last night.  Hardcore monk is a little more exciting than hardcore witch doctor.  I've had a few "oh shit" moments already.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Got my WD (puker) to mid 50's today.  Have not found anything worth mentioning so far.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:57:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thieded] [#44]
I was a bad parent and got up to 65.  I found an 89% Leoric's Crown in the mid 30s which I am still rocking!

ETA made 70 at about 11 tonight!
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Got my Puker up to Paragon 40.  T1 is doable and T2 is a challenge.  Working on trying to find halfway decent gear since my damage is pathetic.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my Puker up to Paragon 40.  T1 is doable and T2 is a challenge.  Working on trying to find halfway decent gear since my damage is pathetic.  
View Quote

I'm pretty excited to keep pushing forward.  I didn't have enough time to try moving up to T1 as I was leveling in public Hard games but it should be doable soon.  Likewise, I am short gear but I did gamble with my shards and got 3 set pieces .... from 3 different sets!
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#47]
70+ monk here
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I was in a public game last night and another DH GAVE me a stone of jordan!  That was awesome.  I still haven't found a lvl 70 RoRG but I'm feeling pretty well set up now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#49]
70+ Demon Hunter

Low level biotch Crusader
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#50]

I was in a public game last night and another DH GAVE me a stone of jordan!  That was awesome.  I still haven't found a lvl 70 RoRG but I'm feeling pretty well set up now.
View Quote
You don't really "find" the Ring of Royal Grandeur. They exclusively come from Tyrael's bounties reward cache in Act 1. Blizzard's RNG is a bitch, though. First you have to get lucky and actually get one, then you have to be even more lucky and get one with the appropriate main stats for your class...and lastly, you have to be REALLY lucky to get decent rolls on the secondary stats.

I can't even count the number of RoRG my DH & Wizard got, only to ID them into a strength roll......ugh.
Page / 32
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 27 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top