BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AA717driver:

It’s ok, scrote, Wells Fargo just gave me another Visa so I can pay the interest on my Bank of America MC that I’ve been using to pay the interest on my AMEX.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
Originally Posted By Gator:

I've watched a bit now.

Wait, we're borrowing money to pay the interest on borrowed money?  

I'm not an Economy professor, but I'm pretty sure that won't end well.

It’s ok, scrote, Wells Fargo just gave me another Visa so I can pay the interest on my Bank of America MC that I’ve been using to pay the interest on my AMEX.

Phew.  Thanks brother, I was worried for a bit there.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Most politicians are in it for 1) money, 2) power, 3) sex

I have had the unfortunate experience of frequently dealing with all levels of politicians from local to federal for several years. They have an attention span of a 5 year old with ADD issues and that level of understanding as well.

A person can be a subject level expert and the politician will expect them to explain something extremely complex to them in 60 second sound bite, of which they were only paying attention to 20 seconds. Then, the politician will consider themselves experts in the subject.

They vote along party lines and do what they are told.

I used to say that we could take random names out of a phone book and have better leaders than we elect, but we don't have phone books anymore, just like there are no good elected leaders.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mardoc:

I used to say that we could take random names out of a phone book and have better leaders than we elect, but we don't have phone books anymore, just like there are no good elected leaders.
View Quote

There are a few, but precious few. Rand Paul strikes me as one of the good ones, for example.
Certainly not enough to turn the bus around.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By seek2:
Feigning ignorance is their cover story for blowing up the economy.

A collapse of the USD and the US is being engineered, and most of congress is in on it.
View Quote

I want to say you're wrong. If only I could.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By _DR:

There are a few, but precious few. Rand Paul strikes me as one of the good ones, for example.
Certainly not enough to turn the bus around.

View Quote

I don't always agree with Rand, however I agree with him on important issues. The times I have spoken with him are a completely opposite experience of 90% of the politicians I have dealt with.

If only everyone in DC were like Rand, we would be in a far, far better place.

Dave Brat was also a good one. An economics professor that understood how the economic engine in the US functions, but the VA legislature gerrymandered his district so a D could win, and if I recall correctly, they had to have some questionable found ballots to do it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Facts ??  we don't need no stinkin' facts

Idiocracy in action

our saving grace is -- the rest of the world is generally more f%*ked up than we are
View Quote

The rest of the world was, for most of US history.  

However, there are still a few countries in the world that haven't adopted clown world, and we are about to become a lot worse place to live than them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gator] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ryandushku] [#9]
Most of them couldn't give two fucks unless it fattens their bank account. The rest of them are in on the collapse.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
I think they believe that no matter how much they tank the dollar, America will always be less fucked up than the rest of the world.
View Quote

I'm not sure the observable evidence supports that.  
Look at the mass illegal immigration of undesirables from the whole world that is being facilitated and encouraged by the US government now.

What is that expected to lead to???   Surely not a continued superiority of the US over the other countries of the world which aren't doing this.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 2ANut:

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Butternut:
As long as they are exempt from insider trader laws, few have any interest in really learning about economics.

Wrong. Evil is the root of evil. Only commies and worthless poors blame money.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lawless_Flogic:
I know it seems bad, but it's worse. We're fucking the whole world economy as we do this.

While we're borrowing money to pay interest, the first time our credit was downgraded, yields were bid down because US T-bills were seen as the safest place to park your money.

The flight to safety effect of US credit being downgraded was more investment in US debt.

This Congressman seems like an outstanding representative, I hope he makes a difference.

Edit: it was the first time our credit was downgraded, not the last.
View Quote

No we're not. Look at who has the largest gold reserves. We're doing the world a favor while we're going to get biblically fucked. If you don't understand why, you may need to do more research.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

Of course we are, they've even said so.

you have to destroy the system in order to rebuild it the way you want.

I just don't think that they realize they will not be immune from the consequences of their actions.
View Quote

Lol yes they are; no one's going to do anything of consequence. That's just masturbatory anti-hero fantasies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#14]
Originally Posted By Curdmugeon45:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Curdmugeon45:
Originally Posted By Butternut:
As long as they are exempt from insider trader laws, few have any interest in really learning about economics.

The scripture is, “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”  This isn’t just a Christian idea.  One of the principal reasons society degenerates in Plato’s republic is leadership disregards virtue in pursuit of wealth.  Money is simply a tool, but greed is a cardinal sin.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: midcap] [#15]
Ya'll do know they ain't cutting a fucking thing right?

What are they gonna cut?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top