Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2024 9:48:38 AM EDT
'I'm Tired Of People That Don't Think': Schweikert Issues Fiery Warning About Debt And Spending
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Congress is AOC and Gaetz.  Congress is the people.  Bozo society sends bozos to Congress.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
At this point I have to think we are headed for the drop off the economic cliff intentionally.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
They have a basic understanding of the concept and are aware of what they are doing.  You dont need to be a complete fool to do foolish things.  The issue is, THE DONT CARE!  They think that the negatives wont touch them.  They are the same as people who served kings and ratted out jews, they think they will always be siting next to the king and protected and within the sphere of power.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:

At this point I have to think we are headed for the drop off the economic cliff intentionally.

View Quote

It is the only rational explanation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Absolutely.  They want their neofeudalism and that is the best way to get it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
As long as they are exempt from insider trader laws, few have any interest in really learning about economics.
View Quote

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Agree.

They know what they’re doing and they’re doing it on purpose.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:05:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#11]
Dang doomers...

Congress of realists...looks any answers elsewhere...

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#12]

He tried talking to Congress.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Facts ??  we don't need no stinkin' facts

Idiocracy in action

our saving grace is -- the rest of the world is generally more f%*ked up than we are
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jb1001:
Congress is AOC and Gaetz.  Congress is the people.  Bozo society sends bozos to Congress.
View Quote

That's why it's called the House of Representatives.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:28:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#15]
View Quote

Remember all those constitutional amendments that allow everybody and anybody to vote?

I believe Bozo society sending bozos to Congress is a direct result of that.

Imo, the founding fathers had it figured out. Somewhere along the way, we changed the the rules a little too much.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Facts ??  we don't need no stinkin' facts

Idiocracy in action

our saving grace is -- the rest of the world is generally more f%*ked up than we are
View Quote
Not the case here.

Our gov is borrowing more than the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Ross Perot warned us 30+ years ago but the media destroyed him.

It is too late to be fixed now.

The USA has always done things in a big way.

And this disaster will be big.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

This ^
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawless_Flogic] [#19]
I know it seems bad, but it's worse. We're fucking the whole world economy as we do this.

While we're borrowing money to pay interest, the first time our credit was downgraded, yields were bid down because US T-bills were seen as the safest place to park your money.

The flight to safety effect of US credit being downgraded was more investment in US debt.

This Congressman seems like an outstanding representative, I hope he makes a difference.

Edit: it was the first time our credit was downgraded, not the last.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Universal suffrage means that the State is ruled by those whose knowledge and intellect is average and below. This is what democracy looks like.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:
Ross Perot warned us 30+ years ago but the media destroyed him.

View Quote

All because he used the term " you people".

The beginnings of the woke, cancel culture and the state run media choosing a candidate.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

And at the tip of that pyramid are the hall monitors and sociopaths.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#23]

All because he used the term " you people".

The beginnings of the woke, cancel culture and the state run media choosing a candidate.

View Quote

If you set the pattern, cancel culture was used to destroy Joe McCarthy and bring an end to commie hunting. It created a safe spase for them to push their agenda.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Lots of empty seats there. The rest of the House must be lunching on K Street.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 2ANut:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2ANut:
Originally Posted By Butternut:
As long as they are exempt from insider trader laws, few have any interest in really learning about economics.

And power doesn't corrupt,  it reveals .
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]
He doesn't understand that Congress is following the plans of a cabal.
A 'sick America' with overwhelming medical costs is PART OF THE PLAN.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
They have a basic understanding of the concept and are aware of what they are doing.  You dont need to be a complete fool to do foolish things.  The issue is, THE DONT CARE!  They think that the negatives wont touch them.  They are the same as people who served kings and ratted out jews, they think they will always be sitting next to the king and protected and within the sphere of power.
View Quote

The problem is the level of austerity required to get things under control will bring such a level of pain it's political suicide.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Feigning ignorance is their cover story for blowing up the economy.

A collapse of the USD and the US is being engineered, and most of congress is in on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gator] [#29]
Originally Posted By Lawless_Flogic:
I know it seems bad, but it's worse. We're fucking the whole world economy as we do this.

While we're borrowing money to pay interest, the first time our credit was downgraded, yields were bid down because US T-bills were seen as the safest place to park your money.

View Quote

I've watched a bit now.

Wait, we're borrowing money to pay the interest on borrowed money?  

I'm not an Economy professor, but I'm pretty sure that won't end well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By dyezak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZGoF8mNjA
View Quote

He is talking to people who are spending money that is not theirs. He is talking to people who have no sense of accountability. He is talking to people who truly don't give a shit what hard-working taxpayers go through so they can play the eternal Santa Claus. Santa Claus never pays his elves. I wish him well in his quest but until the addicts hit bottom his efforts will fail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Well duh.

You go into politics to get rich, and you do that by being closest to the "money hose".  The more money you blow out of the hose, the more you can find a way to circle back into your pockets.  That's been the entire principle of being a government official for a whoooole lot of decades.

Like they say, "the purpose of a machine is what it does."  What government does is make up money and go into debt, making people poorer, and government officials (and their buddies in banking/business) richer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gator:

The problem is the level of austerity required to get things under control will bring such a level of pain it's political suicide.
View All Quotes
They have a basic understanding of the concept and are aware of what they are doing.  You dont need to be a complete fool to do foolish things.  The issue is, THE DONT CARE!  They think that the negatives wont touch them.  They are the same as people who served kings and ratted out jews, they think they will always be sitting next to the king and protected and within the sphere of power.

Yup, that is why universal suffrage is doomed to fail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#33]

I've watched a bit now.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lawless_Flogic:

I've watched a bit now.

https://www.gao.gov/americas-fiscal-future/federal-debt

"A significant share of that maturing debt will need to be refinanced at prevailing interest rates."

We're borrowing at higher rates to pay interest on money borrowed at lower rates.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Getting rid of all the fattys will save the economy?

Sounds good to me
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#35]
The only candidates worth supporting are the ones who will severely slash the size of government and promote personal responsibility.  But I'm not sure if any actually exist.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#36]
They know - they just don't care. That's why they are busy ripping the copper out of the walls as the country burns. They are just making sure they are set.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

I get that, but it really doesnt have to be all at once.  It would make a huge difference if people actually acted in good faith and made honest moves towards doing the right thing - but ultimately very few do that - especially in politics.  It really is sad how bad it is everywhere.  I see it every day with my competitors (and even clients) in business. The number of people willing to and actively lying, cheating, backstabbing, taking unethical paths ... it is down right soul crushing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Fractional reserve banking system requires a perpetual expansion of the "money" supply.  Spending is necessary to sustain the system which works, until it doesn't.  We approach that doesn't moment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#39]
40 minute video... Ain't nobody in Congress got time for that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#40]
So what will this look like?  Can't use any of the other nations that have failed financially as an example because they weren't the worlds only superpower, largest economy, reserve currency.  

Not like the gov't will just stop paying,  they will still pay the military, gov agencies.  Will just have to hyper inflate things.  Can't use super high interest rates to combat it because that will just add to the problem.

There is no limit though,  no line in the sand.  If those the gov't owes money to wants the money,  they can't try to collect since they know the gov't can't pay.  

Eventually they will have to vastly increase the budget each year on debt payments.  probably have to increase it every year,  but so what?  Who cares if they budget is 10000000% of our GDP?  

If you owe the bank $100,000 you have a problem.  If you owe the bank $1,000,000,000,000 the bank has the problem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By seek2:
Feigning ignorance is their cover story for blowing up the economy.

A collapse of the USD and the US is being engineered, and most of congress is in on it.
View Quote
While I doubt they are plotting the destruction of the dollar it's quite obvious they at least don't give a shit and hope they can keep kicking the can down the road. Why would they care? They are all rich and connected and will continue to be even if most of the country is suffering.  They won't lose any property or wealth over it.  The only risk they are taking is that if they push the country too far into suffering someone who's children died of malnutrition or lack of medical care that used to exist might decide to use the second amendment right for it's original purpose.  Most of them are hoping they can retire and fade away before it gets to that though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
The great economic reset. Its coming
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I think they believe that no matter how much they tank the dollar, America will always be less fucked up than the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

This. Everyone is grabbing what they can before it implodes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Of course we are, they've even said so.

you have to destroy the system in order to rebuild it the way you want.

I just don't think that they realize they will not be immune from the consequences of their actions.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#46]
They know it’s over. They’re grabbing hands are grabbing what they can (DM reference) because they know the curtain will come down.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

This. They’re arguing over $16B of spending while the debt increases that much every couple days. And, any time they talk about “cutting spending” is cutting the pre-programmed rate of increase AND THEY WON’T EVEN DO THAT!

There should be no safe space for anyone connected to this Government when the collapse happens. Of course, we’ll be too busy fending off the local goons enforcing Martial Law and the criminal gangs they invited in and trying to feed ourselves to go full Nazi Hunter on them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: midcap] [#48]
sounds like boomers are going to have to grab themselves by the boot straps and make the sacrifices needed. We need to cut social security and medicaid right now!!!

It should be that you get on it at 65 and then you loose it at 85....after that you are own your own pal
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#49]

I've watched a bit now.

View Quote

It’s ok, scrote, Wells Fargo just gave me another Visa so I can pay the interest on my Bank of America MC that I’ve been using to pay the interest on my AMEX.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:

Well duh.

You go into politics to get rich, and you do that by being closest to the "money hose".  The more money you blow out of the hose, the more you can find a way to circle back into your pockets.  That's been the entire principle of being a government official for a whoooole lot of decades.

Like they say, "the purpose of a machine is what it does."  What government does is make up money and go into debt, making people poorer, and government officials (and their buddies in banking/business) richer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:

Well duh.

This.  The reason spending will never be brought under control is it would cut into the graft.  A local politician friend of mine asked our US rep what the plan was to pay for all the deficit spending.  ‘We’ll just print more money,” was the response.  That’s as far as the plan goes with these people.  Print until there’s a collapse.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top